Too tired to think of a title sorry

Special to Me: Fickle Visions

I don't feel sorry for you.

Why can't you help me?  

~

He didn't show up at the bar for three days.

My patience was wearing thin, and the first thing I thought of was to march myself down to his apartment and beat the snot out of him if I had to. What little sanity I had was ignored.

By the time I got to his place, I was tired and cranky. Instead of the calm knock I envisioned, I pounded on the door so hard it was sure to wake up anyone asleep in there. After a few minutes and a bit of rustling from inside, Kai opened the door in a daze.

"Sorry Mrs. Jung, I promise he'll  be quieter-"

"Kai?" Crap did I interrupt something?

He looked up, surprised.

"Lu Han?"

I bit my lip and looked away.

"What're you- for Christ's sake it's three in the morning!"

"I-" Did he not remember? Well this worked out in my favor.

"Nothing, never mind. I'll see you around." I swiftly turned back to avoid any further embarrassment when I felt a tug on my arm.

"Wait- why are you here?" he asked, pulling me back to the door.

"Um...out of habit?" I tried. I didn't like the way he was pulling on me, it made me feel nervous. I was already sweating.

"I don't understand," he replied, "Uh, come in I'll make you some tea."

Not wishing to anger him further, I obeyed and sat down at his table. No one was in sight, so I assumed I heard wrong. I never really got a good look at things before, some frames held his friends and loved ones. Only one was of me.

As he turned the kettle on, he brought out some tea-cookies and put them on a plate between us.

"Sorry I don't have cereal. I don't really eat breakfast."

"It's ok," I took one of the cookies and nibbled. It was pretty gross without dipping it into the tea first.

"Did...did something bad happen? Did you and Soomi get in a fight?"

I shook my head, "No I was just...worried about you."

"Why?"

I hated the way his big brown puppy eyes bore into mine. It made it more difficult to come up with excuses.

"Because- you haven't gotten drunk off your in three days. Maybe you got alcohol poisoning."

He gave me a bewildered look as we both jumped as the tea pot began whistling. He hurried to take it off the stove and pour two cups for us. A pain erupted in my head and made my jaw clench.

"Yeah- I only went out to party, but exams are coming up soon, I can't afford to be hung over in class right now," he continued.

Mongu trotted out of the bedroom and put his front paws on my lap, begging for the cookies on my plate.

"Mongu, shoo! He's been barking so loud lately that the landlady keeps threatening to evict me."

"Can I use your bathroom?" the headache just got worse and worse with every second, I was starting to see double.

"Are you ok- Lu Han!" was the last thing I heard before I was summoned back into the abyss.

~

When I came to, I was lying down in a bed. A weight was pressed against my chest and I looked down to see my son listening to my heartbeat. Instinctively, I wrapped my arms around him. Had everything been a dream?

"You're awake," I looked to my left to see Kai sitting in a chair staring into a cold coffee cup.

"W-what happened?" I croaked.

"Lay says it's exhaustion. He came by this morning to drop Sehun off after I called your house. Soomi said she had another check up and asked him to bring Sehun here."

Oh. Sehun turned his head to stare at me and I offered a little smile before opening the covers so he could join me.

"I-I'm sorry for that."

"Have you been sleeping at all?" He asked seriously.

I nodded, "When I can. But I work nightshifts and these days I keep getting busier and busier."

"That's horrible for your health. What would happen to your son if you fell asleep at the wheel and killed yourself? Or worse, him?" Kai's words were harsh, and it scared me.

"I said I was sorry!"

Kai was silent for another moment.

"Lay hyung told me. What happens when you take me home."

My eyes widened and I turned back to face Sehun, who was rubbing his face on the pillow to get comfortable.

"You were drunk, it wasn't a big deal," I defended.

"Why didn't you stop me?" He sounded angry.

"Oh I did, but you kept tricking me and stealing them from me, I just gave up!" I faced him, refusing to be a coward.

Kai lowered his gaze into the cup again, "And that's all that happened?"

I'm not sure what made me say so, but I responded, "That's all."

He nodded, "Good."

"Would it be bad if it escalated?" I grew balls and dared to ask, "What if I seduced you?"

The cup fell to the floor and Kai gave me the most horrified look I've ever seen before regaining his composure, "You are a married man. You have a family, I refuse to break something as special as that just because you're curious how it feels to be with a man."

I flipped around again, Sehun's face now that he was asleep, "Good, we understand each other."

"I need a drink," Kai said as he walked out of the room.

_________________________

hi. I'm so sorry for not updating. My anxiety has gotten so much worse and one of my crabs died today. Finals are Thursday and Friday. I am not prepared. Panic attacks galore, second one this week!

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE the storyboard planning for the third installment is almost complete. I just need to work out the middle here and bring back some characters. Merry Christmas guys!!