Closer to My Dreams

When I Can't Sing

JiOppa? he stood in a tank top and grey sweatpants. It took me a while to get back to my senses. All I knew was that I was sweaty, confused, in someone else’s house and GDragon woke me up from my nightmare. He sat down beside me and rubbed my back. “I’m guessing you had a really bad dream.” “Yes. How did you know?” "You were screaming and crying.” “sorry, I must have woken you up.” “No. I actually was having trouble sleeping…” “How come Oppa?” “I don’t know.” “Well I don’t think I can go back to sleep.” “Neither can I.” “So what should we do?” “What do you do when you can’t sleep? “I usually write lyrics. But I’m not that good at it.” “Really? I stay up all night writing lyrics. My best song are usually written in the middle of the night.” “Really?” “Yup. I’m working on this song but I keep having writers block.” “I could help you…” “Sure.” I followed him to his room and took a seat on his bed as he sat at his desk. He handed me a piece of paper that had tons of words that I couldn’t understand. “Uhh Oppa, can you translate for me?” “Well its a song about a the sadness of a break-up. The song is called Blue.” “Oh… Can you sing it for me?” “Alright.” He got really close and sang quietly.

http://youtu.be/2GRP1rkE4O0

"Guregago bomi” i closed my eyes and emerged myself into the the song. There was pain and truth in every word that he sang... “mami mong dunajo “I’m singing my blues.” “Paran numural...” “I’m singing my blues.” “Oh Ohhh.” the harmony sounded like gold to my ears. “That was great.” he wrote down more lyrics and I laid my back down. “Oppa, how do you do it?” He put down his pencil and swivled his chair around to face me. “Do what?” “Live like this? The whole world is ready to criticize your every move. Millions of girls chasing after you. Lack of privacy and sleep, money practically being thrown at you because you are you, everything you say, rap, sing or even touch turns to gold. So many people look up and look down on you. People see you guys as their Idols!” “I don’t really know. My dream and passion for music keeps me going. The members have been beside me for years and they support me through through the tough times. It wasn’t easy trying to get to where I am now and I don’t regret anything.” “Hmm..” “Hmm..” He sat on his bed, paused for a second and laid down so that our bodies made a 90 degree angle. There was a long pause and we simultaneously said “Oppa” “Arianna-ah” “You go first” we said at the same time. “Go ahead Oppa.” he ran his fingers through his hair and shyly said “You and Daesung…. look cute together…” I looked at him and saw him staring at the ceiling with an empty expression. “Jincha…?” I asked quietly. He nodded and sat up. “Oppa, I think you and Jenny would be a cute couple…” he quickly turned his head towards me and raised his eyebrow. “Jenny?” he gave a loud half sarcastic chuckle. “Seriously?! That chick is crazy!” “But I though you two…” “What? Were dating?! Hell nah! She just really likes me.” “Oh. Just kidding then.” Yes! I gave a silent shout of victory and laid back down. “Why are you smiling so much?” “Nothing I just remembered something.” “what is it?” he asked turning on his stomach, looking at me with curiosity in his brown eyes. It made him look like a little kid again. “Well when I was living in California, my cousin Jill and I would always have little picnics at the park near our house. We would lay out a blanket, listen to music and just hang out. There was an airport nearby and I would watch all the airplanes fly by.” I let out a loud sigh and reminisced about the good times. “Do you like California more?” “Well I grew up there and a huge part of my heart is there but there is a lot of memories to be made here. Slowly I’m getting used to things over here so I can’t really say which place I like  best. Aren’t you guys going on a world tour next year also?” “Neh. But we will see how well our album does first.” “Oppa… Are you nervous… About your comeback?” 

He paused for a second, bit his lip and said “Neh.” “What are you nervous about? BigBang is one of the biggest groups in KPOP. I just know it will be amazing. Plus, you guys have VIPs who supports you until whenever.” he looked down with a small smile on his face. “I know.. But its different this time… I’m not sure if you know but early this year Daesung had an accident and I had this scand-” “I know Oppa…” I said grabbing his nervous hands that were fiddling with a pillow. He looked up and his eyes were on the verge of tears. There were pain, fear and sadness in his tired eyes. Finally a tear streamed down his cheek but before he could hide it, I gave him the tightest hug possible. As i rubbed his back, he wrapped his arms around my waist and cried. We laid there on his bed for a while as he cried everything out in my arms. There were no words to be said. Sometimes silence says enough. It is true when they say silence is golden.

I woke up to the bright sun that shone through the window. As I looked around trying to recall where I was, a familiar figure mumbled softly. He looked so peaceful and even more flawless. This man seemed like he was made of porcelain but even the best crack and deteriorate over time. “What time is it?” i whispered to myself. I tried looking for my phone but it’s kinda difficult when you have a sleeping dragon on you. We must have fell asleep while he was crying. It really does take a lot of energy out and he must have been up all night the past couple weeks working on the album. He needs all the sleep he can get. I looked around the room in search of a clock but none could be found. Luckily I don’t have any activities till later so I stayed in bed and hummed a few songs just to warm up my voice for the day. 

Jiyong’s POV
Everytime I come close to you
Everytime feeling you
It’s feel I’m gonna dream everytime
I get butterflies     http://youtu.be/98qqghzKAMM 

A smooth voice sang softly in my head. It was like a sweet melody embraced my body and an angel sang in my ears. Slowly I realized that this sweet dream was real. The sunlight peeped through the window and shined on the singer’s face. “Goodmorning Oppa.” she whispered with a smile. I rubbed my eyes to make sure I  wasn’t still dreaming. “Good morning Arianna-ah.” “Did you sleep well?” “Neh.” I stretched out my arms and sat up. The smell of food caught my attention so did the rumble in my stomach. “I think the boys are cooking breakfast. Let’s go see what they are making.” We both started getting up. She let down her hair from her bun and I could help but stare. oh no. I think noticed me looking. “Oppa, is there something on my face?” she asked bringing her fists up to her checks cutely. “Aniyo.” “Jinchaaaa?!” she playfully asked with a bright smile. “You’re getting good at that.” “At what, Oppa?” “But you still need to practice. Dara noona is the queen of aegeyo in YG.” “Im not trying to compete with her and by the way, its not aegeyo. I’m just naturally super cute!” she winked and went to the kitchen. “This girl...” I followed her to the kitchen and Daesung was there setting up the table while Youngbae was frying some spam. “Morning boys!” she said happily. “Goodmorning Arianna-ah” “What’s for breakfast?” “Arianna-ah I thought you already went back home.” Daesung asked totally ignoring my  question.  “Oh no. Ihad a bad dream last night and JiOppa woke me up from it. So I ended up falling back asleep in his room.” “Oh..” he said quietly. I went to the kitchen to help him set up the table but he took the last cup from my hand and said “I got it.” “Youngbae-ah, what’s up with Dae? Is he mad at me?” He shrugged his shoulders and finished putting rice in all the bowls. “Can you please go wake up TOP hyung and Seungri?” “Oh! Can I do it?” Arianna asked as she brought the bowls of rice to the table. “Sure but you’ll need this” he said handing her a pot. “Why?“TOP hyung is the hardest to wake up so banging on the pot would do the trick.” she giggled and headed to their bedrooms. 

Good morning
Good morning Oppa!
It’s my favorite love song and I’ve waited all night long
Good morning! 

(http://youtu.be/6D1Zl3BbLCY Good Morning - John Legend)

She sang loudly beside Seungri’s door. “So what really happened last night hyung?” he asked with his curiously. “Nothing. We were talking in my room and we both fell asleep.” “Suree…” we both went to the table and sat down. Daesung was staring hard at his empty plate with an mad expression. “Daesungah what’s wrong?” I asked him. “nothing. I’m fine.” he said with a fake smile. Seungri slowly sat down at the table still half asleep and TOP hyung followed. “You’re right, that pot really works.” Arianna said putting it back in the kitchen. She sat in the only seat left which was beside me and Daesung. Together we ate quietly. The silence broke when Daesung stood up and brought his dishes to the sink. Everyone followed and  after everything was cleaned, Arianna returned to her dorm. 

Daesung’s POV
Maybe she likes him better. I should have known. Everyone chooses him over me. Why is it that all the girls like bad boys over the good ones? I laid down on my bed and squeezed my Doraemon that my Noona gave me for my birthday a couple years ago. Beep!*

From: Arianna-ah
Oppa, you looked really sad at breakfast this morning. Is everything okay?

No. I don’t know… Maybe I’m just overreacting. Why does she do this to me?! I mean we have only known each other for like two days but it seems like I’ve known her forever… My heart was unsure what was going on. Whenever I am having a hard time, the best thing to do is pray. So I knelt down beside my bed, set my Doraemon beside me and closed my eyes. I prayed for clarification, strength and His guidance. After thanking Him for my success and Arianna, I stood up and smiled. Things will work out for me. For a few minutes I contemplated what to say and sent my reply. 

I’m a lot better now. Thank you for  showing concern. I really appreciate it. 

Ring*

CALL FROM JIHYON HYUNG
“Yebosaeyo?” 
“Ah Daesunggie! Do you think you can do me a favor? My daughter is sick today. Can you please cover for me today?”
“Sure hyung.” it would be good for me to go out and get my mind off of her. ”What do I need to do?”
“Well the only thing I have today is Korean lessons with Arianna. She needs it the most since she is going on tour in a matter of months. On my desk is the lesson plan but I already called her to let her know.” Omo…. I froze when he mentioned her name. ”Yebosaeyo? Daesung you still there?” “Mianhae, I dropped my phone.” “So can you do it?” “Neh hyung.”Gomawo Daesungie. Lessons are at 1 and don't be late.” “Arraso hyung. Tell Jaemin to get well soon!” I checked the clock and it was already 12:30 Aigoo! I took the fastest shower of my life and spent a good ten minutes trying to find an outfit to wear then headed to the building. When I got down to the garage, I couldn’t find a van to drive me there. Sigh* I guess I have to drive… It has been so long since I last drove. The last time I did was when I got into that accident. My car just came back from the shop last month but I’ve never mustered enough courage to sit in the front seat. I stood beside the doors of my black Audi and memories of the accident flashed through my head. My hand traced the new hood that had gotten crushed. 

“I’m fine but I’m not sure about the man on the motorcycle.”

“Daesung, member of BigBang has murdered a motorcyclist.” 

Ring ring ring* the sound of a bicycle bell caught my attention. Hmm… Maybe I should take the bike instead… I ran back upstairs, got the blue bike beside the door and took off to work. 

Arianna’s POV
I opened the door and saw that it was empty so I put down my duffle bag and began to take out my binder. It was only 12:45 so I had a lot of time to relax and wait. Since there was nothing to do, I took out a piece of paper and began to doodle. 

“Sorry I’m late!” Daesung Oppa said out of breath. I stood up and bowed. “Annyeonghaesayo Oppa!” he quickly sat down at Jihyon Oppa’s desk tiredly and wiped away his sweat. “Did you run here Oppa?” “Anniyo, I rode my bike…” “Oh. You must be tired.” I looked through my duffle bag and found an extra bottle of water. “Here Oppa.” i said handing it to him along with a piece of paper. “Gomawo Arianna-ah.” The paper dropped onto his lap. He opened it and a giant smile was on his face. “Did you draw this?” “Neh. Since you were feeling down this morning, I made this for you to remind you to keep smiling! Now, I may not be as good as Mina Unnie…” “It’s great. I love it! Thank you so much.” “You’re welcome. Daesung Oppa HWAITING!” he came over to me and gave me a tight hug. It wasn’t a small hug. It was a legit heartfelt hug. 

We spent one hour learning Korean and how to write in hangul. With Jihyon Oppa, it was very serious and was like I was back in school but Daesung, it didn’t even feel like lessons. It was like studying with a comedian. We spent most of the time laughing and making jokes and making tons of Doraemon and BigBang connections. “So the H looks like Doraemon because of the circle and two lines above it. ㅎ” “Ohhh!!! I never thought of it like that.” “okay before we take a break you have to spell my name. I’m not gonna show you how but-” “Done! See, 겅 대성!” “Wow. That was fast. How did you know?” “Well, I’ve known about BigBang for a long time and I tried learning korean before so I would practice writing everyones names in hangul.” “Oh! Wow. Okay then your exit quiz is to write all our names, then you can take your 15 minute break.” “okay…” my hand started to shake from nervousness. I quickly wrote down 강대성 but hesitated to write down the others. “Umm… I actually…. Uh…  Don’t remember how to spell their names….” I quietly said. “Really?” I nodded my head and looked down at my paper. “That’s alright. Here let me help you.” he came over to my side of the table, leaned over my shoulder and guided my hand to write 탑. Now I was starting to sweat and a tingled shot through my body with just one touch. His warm hand defrosted my cold hand. My cheeks started turning super red and my heart was racing like I was running a marathon. His head turned towards me and smiled. I tried to hide my overly red face but I knew that his eyes were on me. “Gomawo oppa.” “You’re welcome.” The warmth of his breath made my face warmer. We our faces were so close to each other that I just turned to face him, our lips and noses would touch. *knock knock! The door opened but I was practically paralyzed. “What were you guys doing?!”