I Sing Because I'm Happy

When I Can't Sing

 

       Good thing I had my robe on! I sit on my bed trying to wrap my head around everything that just happened. Am I really awake? This whole day seemed like a fantasy. I pinch myself just for good measure. Yup! I'm awake. Just pull yourself together Arianna. For sure I am not dreaming. I really am in Korea, about to eat dinner with BigBang in their hostel. Speaking of dinner, I really should start getting ready. Hmm.. What to wear?? Nothing too fancy, nothing too plain but expresses who I am. Man which box did I put all my clothes? I open four boxes before finally finding my clothes. Ugh it being so indecisive! After 20 minutes of contemplating and comparing, I finally decide to wear charcoal grey high waist shorts, white tank top and a blue Jean long sleeve that belonged to my grandma. She took care of me and my sisters when we were younger. My mom left to live with her friends while my dad lived with my stepmom. Ever since I could remember, my grandma and grandpa took care of my sisters and me. She always called my sisters and I her three little angels but her and my grandpa really have and will always be our angels. I tie the ends making it fit snuggly around my torso and put on a red feather earring. I dry my hair and leave it straight. If I were to curl it, I'd take too long since it is naturally super straight and long. Just a touch of make up and I am ready! Before I leave my apartment, I text Seungri, who programed his number into my phone as Panda Oppa<3 that I am on my way. So I put on my black wedges and head out the door.
 
Daesung's POV
Knock knock!
 
"I GOT IT!" Seungri yells running towards the door from his room. I'm surprised at how fast he ran."Annyonghasaeyo Arianna-ah!"I hear him say from the kitchen. 
 
 
Jiyong hyung and Youngbae hyung were helping me set the table while Top hyung kept mixing the stew to prevent the bottom from burning. Arianna and Seungri enter the dinning area and he pulls out a seat for her.
 
"Do you guys need any help?" She says getting up from her seat.
 
"No it's fine. We have everything just about ready." I say with a smile.
 
        So she sat back down and smiled. Wow she has a beautiful smile... All the hyungs entered with the rice, side dishes and stew. When they saw Arianna, they became very awkward and quiet. All she did was smile at everyone waiting for them to sit. Seungri and TOP sat besides Arianna while Jiyong and Youngbae sat besides me. I was right across from her and everytime I looked up, she'd be right there and when she caught me looking at her, she always smiled back.
 
"Sorry about earlier" Taeyang mumbled to Arianna," See what happened earlier was, I accidentally left my phone in ur room when we were putting your stuff away. We came back to get it real quick since you were in the shower until.."
 
"Until I accidentally hit my foot on your record player." Jiyong hyung confessed.
 
She just laughed and said "Its okay. Don't worry about it. I was just shocked that you guys were in my room and embarrassed that we had to meet that way. Is your foot okay though?"
 
"Yes i'll be alright." our leader said with red cheeks.
 
"Are you having trouble with the chopsticks?" Seungri asked her.
 
"Kinda." She said setting her chopsticks down. "I'm just used to eating with a spoon and fork or my hands. Filipino habits I guess." she giggled.
 
"We don't have any forks but we have spoons." Top replied after checking the kitchen.
 
"Umm... I think i'll use my hands if you guys don't mind"
 
"Go ahead. Whatever makes you comfortable." I tell her earning another smile. We all happily ate dinner which we all prepared. 
 
 
When dinner was over, we all hung out in the kitchen and cleaned up.
 
"I can wash the dishes for you" Arianna offered trying to take the bowls from me.
 
"No no no. You are our guest! Please just relax. Here have some ice cream. We only have red bean flavor though." I say handing her some ice cream that TOP hyung always buys.He can never get enough of that stuff. She took a bite of ice cream and her face lit up. I'm guessing she really likes it.
 
"YUMM! This ice cream tastes really good! Nom nom." she exclaimed excitedly.
 
Every bite she took she did a little happy dance and her eyes turned into crescents. Everyone tried to hold back their laughter until she went up to Youngbae hyung and started dancing more wildly.
 
"Dance with me!" she said trying to get rid of any awkwardness. One by one we all joined in her silly ice cream dance. Everyone was having so much dancing even though there wasn't any music except for this silly red bean ice cream song that she made on the spot. 
 
Red beans are best as ice cream
It makes all the boys and girls scream
When I take a bite it's like I'm in a dream
And I don't wanna wake uuuup
Ice cream oh yeah oh yeah!
 
       After 15 minutes of random dancing and cleaning, we all went to get ready to go to the YG building. I was the first to finish so I went to the living room to keep Arianna company but by the sound of it she already found something to keep her busy. A beautiful melody fills the room and an angelic voice sings along. 
 
(http://youtu.be/-HbALCVhYSM Try - Melissa Polinar)
There's nothing 
Nothing I can do to keep my heart away from you
I can't help it
I can't tell you how much I try
To get you off my mind 
To help me move on and just live my life
I can't help it 
I can't tell you how much I try 
Cuz whenever you're near
It's love that I fear
 
      Wow. Every strum and every note she makes leaves me frozen. I can tell she put her heart into every word. The way she sang and played the guitar made me feel the emotions she felt. I was moved by her performance but I don't think she knows I was there. Wait is she crying?
 
Arianna's POV
      A tear rolls down my cheek when I play the last note. Man I need to stop being so emotional. It's just a song. Sometimes when I sing a lot of sad songs, I cry even though the things I sing about aren't relevant to me. Music has the power to express feelings better than words or actions sometimes. It is an outlet for my emotions especially when I had no other way. Whenever I was frustrated, sad, irritated, happy, confused or just bored I would sing my heart out for hours. God has given my this gift and I plan on utilizing it for His glory. My friend from church was the person who taught me how to play the guitar and the way I learned to widen my vocal range was from singing gospel and worship sings. Everytime I sing, God reminds me of his love and that I truly am blessed. My fingers start to change the melody into a slower song. 
 
(http://youtu.be/_eAboY5zfYE His Eye Is On the Sparrow - Lauryn Hill & Tanya Blount)
Why should I feel discouraged?
Why should the shadows come? 
Why should my heart feel lonely 
and long for heaven at home?
When Jesus is my portion
A constant friend is he
His eye is on the sparow
And I know he watches over me
His eye is on he sparrow 
And I know he watches me
 
I sing because I'm happy
I sing because I'm free
His eye is on the sparrow 
And I know he watches me...
 
     As I sing, I hear another voice harmonizing with mine. At first I thought it was the harmony I hear in my head everytime I sing or hear a song but it was different. The voice was deeper and masculine. Who could it be? I shift to the side of the sofa to see if someone was in the hallway and I see Daesung singing quietly with his eyes closed and a tear fell from his eyes.
 
"Daesung?" He jumped and opened his watery eyes. "Are you.. crying...?" I asked concerned. I set the guitar back on it's stand and walk towards him.
 
"Huh? Oh umm" he chuckled. "sorry I just... Um.. You ha- have an amazing voice." he stuttered and rubbed the back of his neck.
 
"Thank you. I didn't mean to make you cry though. Are you okay? If you ever need someone new to talk to or need someone to listen, I'm always here." I assure Daesung.
 
     He flashed his smile that made me melt instantly and hugged me. At first I was shocked but his hug was so comforting and warm that I wanted to stay there forever. We stayed hugging for a couple minutes till Taeyang came out of his room and asked for a hug too. Such random silly boys.
 
"Everyone ready to go?" GD asked.
 
"Yuuup!" everyone replied and we left to what will be my second home/work place, YG Entertainment headquarters. 
 
I stood in front of the giant odd shaped building waiting to receive my ID that will be my key. They made me do different procedures such as getting my finger print, take a picture and sign a few papers.
 
"Here's you're key. Be extremely careful not to lose this." the security guard warned.
 
"Katsamnida!" I say with a bow and enter the building.
 
      The lobby is dark and a tall screen covers the wall and plays music videos. Right now it's showing Gummy's mv for I'm Sorry ft. TOP. That mv always made me cry! Especially the part where TOP finds out that Dara is dead. The elevator opens there I see is 2NE1. OH EMM GEE!! One by one they get out of the elevator. CL first, then Dara, next Minzy and lastly Bom. "Annyohasaeyo!" I say a little too loud and do a perfect 90 degree bow to each of them. They bow back and left the building. More like dragged their tired bodies back home. It's crazy what kinds of schedules they have each day. Especially since they are about to go on their first world tour! There's dance practice, vocal training, tour planning, promoting and preparing for their comeback. They have so much on their plate all the time but at least they are doing the thing they love most. And that is what I plan on doing this day forward. Once I sign the last dotted line, my life will change. I promised to not only my family and God but to myself that I won't let anyone or anything change who I am. Always stay true and humble is my number one rule.
 
     Here I stand right outside of YG's office, sweaty from nervousness. Take a deep breath. You can do this! Show him what God has blessed you with and how much passion you have. Okay. Here I go.. When I open the door, I feel a rush of confidence building inside with each step I take towards YG, himself.
 
"Annyonghasaeyo!" I said confidently. I bow repeatedly due to nervousness.
 
"Ms. Canosa! It's great to finally meet you. How was the flight?" he asks while relaxing in on a white loveseat. Behind him is a huge transformer like action figure. I've never seen one that big! On both sides of the oversized toy are shelves that hold different figurines and such kinda like TOPs collection I saw in their living room.
 
"It's great to finally meet you too sir! The flight was long but relaxing. It gave me enough time to reflect on everything that's happening." I reply.
 
"That is great. What did you get out of that time of reflection?"
 
"I realized how far I've gotten in pursuing my dreams and how God has helped me step closer and closer to making my dream into a reality. Of course I thought of the future and my family. It was difficult having to leave especially considering my situation but it is finally time that I did something for myself and my future. I also made a lot of promises to God and myself so here I am, preparing to keep those promises.
 
     He had an interested look on his face. "Ms. Arianna, I believe that you have a lot of potential and I know that you are capable reach it and go beyond. Now, I know that I only hired you as a background singer, but I want to keep you in the company after the tour is over. I want you to be a trainee and possibly debut as a solo artist."
 
      WHAAAAT???! A SOLO ARTIST?! I would not only be YG's first female artist he has had in a while but the first Filipino-American artist in the YG Family! That is a great honor! Before I could thank him he says,"It will takes years of training before you debut but are you willing to commit?" I take time to think about it. This is everything I dreamed of but it is a huge sacrifice. I mean I already moved to Korea and left behind my family in Cali... But am I willing to let YG turn me into an "idol"??? All the fame and fortune is nice but this means losing my social life, love life, sleep, privacy and possibly my sanity. It's a trade for money, fame, fans and a dream come true.
 
"I.... I.... Ummm... er...."


Heyyyyoooo everyone! I'd like to say THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH to everyone who have been reading my fanfic! This story means so much to me and im surprised at the amount of readers/subscribers. I have decided to use color for everyone's speaking parts so there won't be any confusion and I will be doing that from now on. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE feel free to comment and share! Id appreciate it soooo much! Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to read my story! :D Until the next update!

                                                      PEACE YO!, Janelle<3