Baby Goodnight

When I Can't Sing

 

“HAHAHA!” Daesung chuckled loudly as we entered the dorm. “Hi!” Taeyang Oppa and TOP Oppa were hanging out in the living room. They both greeted me with a wave and smiles. I sat down on the sofa beside Taeyang Oppa. “I’ll be back Arianna-ah. I’m just going to change into comfy clothes then we can watch Doraemon!” “Taeyang Oppa do you think you can please carry me to my dorm? It’s soooo far! PLEEEAAAAASE?!” I said using aegeyo hoping it would work. “You can borrow some of my clothes.” JiOppa said from the hallway. “Oh Kamsamnida!” I gave him a tight hello hug and followed him to his room. 

As I entered I was shocked at how neat and tidy his room was especially since he is so busy and barely gets to spend time at home. His room was practically spotless. “Wow Oppa, your room is so clean!” “Thanks” he said cooly as he searched through his drawers. Everything was in order. Even his figurines were placed nicely by type, color and size. But what caught my eye was his bed. “Wahh… Oppa why do you have a couple on your bed?” “They keep me company while I sleep.” “Ahh. It must get really lonely.” I said as I sat down on the bed. Wow so comfy. “Very…” “But you’re the all mighty GDragon! Any girl would kill to be your girlfriend.” “Well I’m really busy and have a lot on my plate.” “Who knows, maybe a girlfriend could help you eat whatever is on your plate.” I stood up and observed the art on the walls. As I walked closer to the wall, I accidentally hit my foot on the computer desk and knocked some papers off it. “Ow! Opps! Sorry.” I apologized as I picked up the fallen papers. “No worries.” I set the papers back on the desk. As I put them down, I noticed that the paper had a lot of scribbles on it. “Is this your lyrics for a song?” “Neh. I was trying to write this song but I’m having a little trouble.” “Oh I see. Maybe I could help you some time. I write lyrics too.” “Yeah. That would be cool. By the way, here is some clothes.” he handed me a perfectly folded pile of clothes. “Thank you! Uhh… Where is the bathroom?” “It’s down the hall. Last door on the left.” “Awesome!” I took the clothes that he lent me and headed towards the bathroom. On my way there, I heard a lot of commotion coming from the room with a big Doraemon poster on it. This must be Daesung’s room. I knocked on the door to see if everything was okay. Seungri opened it and gave me a big wide smile. “Is everything alright in here?” “Neh! Everything Okay!” he said then made a cute ok sign with his hand. Behind him I saw Daesung on the bed with a grin that stretched from ear to ear. “Okay…” I entered the bathroom and started to change. JiOppa is truly a fashionista. First, I put on the shirt that had a picture of his face all across it. It was like the one that they would wear during their performance for Cafe. The shirt fit snuggly. Then I put on the sweatpants which had pink and gold studs down the sides. I looked in the mirror and checked myself out. Yup! Defiantly comfy! So I tied my hair up into a small bun and sat on the sofa in the living room. 

Seungri’s POV
Beep* I checked my phone and saw it was a message from Daesung saying that they are on the way up to the dorm. I paced back and forth across the bedroom. I couldn’t wait to see how it went! Then I heard Daesung’s laugh. Ah! They are home!!!! I waited for him to come into the room and once he did, I bombed him with questions. “How was it? Did you follow the plan? Does she like you? Where is she? Did she go home early? What does she think about you?” “Whoa! Relax and I’ll tell you. I sat down on my bed and said “Okay spill it!” “Dinner went pretty well. But she got a little mad earlier… And spilled sauce on herself…” “Did she spill the sauce because she was mad?” “No it was an accident” “But why? Start from the beginning, I want to know every detail.” “So I met up with her at 8 and we went to the restaurant.” “Did you give her the flower like I told you to?” “Yes and she loved it.” “okay good.” “At the restaurant, the waitress was totally ignoring her and trying to flirt with me.” “What did you do?!” “Well I didn’t want to be rude… She was a fan.” “Yah you babo! That’s why she got mad! She probably thinks you were trying to flirt back! Girls hate those things especially during dates.” “I was just being nice.” “How did she react?” “She was mad but after a while she seemed fine. Then she spilled sauce on her legs.” “Jincha?!” “Yeah but she just laughed…” “Oh that’s weird.” “I know, right? All the other girls would have had a fit. She is different from all the girls I’ve gone on a date with.” “Hmm… She didn’t get mad? At all?” “Well she was embarrassed but she just shrugged it off.” “Wow. But where is she right now?” “She’s in Jiyong hyung’s room borrowing clothes.” “Whaaaaat?! Aish! You k ow very well that once girls enter his dragon lair, they never come out the same if you know what i mean…” “But she’s not that ty-” Knock knock* I opened the door and there stood Arianna with some clothes in her hands. “Is everything alright in here?” “Neh! Everything okay!” I said giving her a cute okay with my hand. “Okay…” she left and Daesung went to the closet to change. “Hurry hyung! Don’t keep her waiting!” “Arraso!” 

Arianna’s POV
Taeyang Oppa was on the computer and I thought I would see what he was up to. So I walked to him and sat on the seat beside him. “Oppa!” I said tapping his shoulder. “Oh Arianna-ah.” he took off his headphones and smiled at me. “What are you doing Oppa?” “Nothing just on Me2Day.” “What’s Me2Day?” “It’s a Korean social network. Kinda like Facebook.” “Ohhh and Twitter.” “Twitter??” he asked with a confused face. “You have never heard of Twitter?” “Nope.” he said innocently. “Well it’s like Me2Day but you can only put a status with like 140 characters.” “Can you post pictures?” “Of course! Here let me show you.” “I logged on and gave him a detailed tour of the website. The whole time, he was amazed and interested. “Wow, that’s fantastic.” “Yeah you should make one but don’t forget to follow me!” “I won’t!” 

“Arianna-ah are you ready for the Doraemon Marathoooon?” Daesung exclaimed excitedly. “Ohhh Yeaaah!” I said hopping on to the sofa. “Great!” he popped in the DVD and sat beside me. I looked at him and he had a big childish grin. He turned to me and said “Kamsamnida.” “For what?” “Accompanying me for dinner and earlier…” “No problem Oppa.” I said softly. We stayed smiling at each other  and I couldn’t help but observe his face closely. The way his brown eyes disappeared every time he smiled gave me chills… His perfect smile that could brighten up any cloudy day… How his lips practically drew me closer… It felt like gravity pulled me to him. His face started coming closer and closer. I could feel his warm breath and I’m sure he could hear my heart beating loudly. My heart was going nuts like I was running in a race…  Soon enough, there was barely any space between us. We were both hesitant but my heart was telling me JUST KISS HIM ALREADY!! All of a sudden the Doraemon theme song was blasting through the TV speakers. We both jumped back out of shock because it was soooo loud. Daesung quickly went to the tv to adjust the sound. My face became cherry red and I felt so embarrassed and shy. Daesung’s face was just as red as mine and he sat a little further away. I sang along to the theme song to get rid of the awkward atmosphere. He giggled and scooted a little closer. 

Jiyong’s POV
“Should I go out there?” “Nah I shouldn’t…” “But she is in my dorm too..” I debated with myself. “Ugh!” I screamed into my pillow. I grabbed my stuffed animal that looked just like Gaho. “Should I go out there Gaho-ah?” there was no reply, just as I expected. “Hmm…” I stared at the ceiling and thought to myself. “Should I?” I saw a coin that I got from TOP because he told me it was lucky. What could be so lucky about a coin? I mean it’s a piece of metal that the government placed value on. “Okay heads, I go out there. Tails, I stay in my room.” I flipped the coin in the air and I landed on the floor. I was hesitant to look at it at first but I mustered up enough courage to see whether or not I am going to block or not. “I guess I’m blocking tonight.” 

As I walked toward the living room, my palms started to sweat and my tummy began to tingle. Omo. I entered the room and saw them laughing at the cartoon. Arianna saw me and sent me a smile with a wink then turned her focus back to the tv. Instead of sitting down, I made a detour to the kitchen. “I shouldn’t… I can’t…” gahhh! I’m going crazy in here!!! I took a deep breath and grabbed some ice-cream for all three of us. Okay. I can do this. I am the great GDragon! Hear me roar! “Hwaiting!” I whispered to myself. 

Daesung’s POV
“Hahahaha!!” arianna laughed loudly. This is great. Getting to watch Doraemon with Arianna and no distractions. I turned my head to look at her. She is one of a kind. There’s something about her… I don’t know what it is but she gives me an amazing feeling that no words can explain… The way she carries herself and the confidence that she always has… She is so sweet and optimistic… Her personality is just as beautiful as she is. I love the way that she knows how to make people smile. Man if only I could hold her in my arms… She is only a few inches away. I came up with a plan to get closer to her. Every time something funny happened, I would jump and scoot closer little by little. Soon enough, I was so close her that her body heat was making me too hot. I stretched and pretended to yawn so that I could put my arm around her but before I could, Jiyong hyung came into the living room with some ice-cream in his hand. “Would you guys like some ice-cream?” he sat on the other side of Arianna “Sure!” she said happily. He gave both of us a popsicle and asked “So what did I miss?”  This is weird of him. He would never want to watch Doraemon. Normally he would be in his room writing lyrics and creating beats on his computer. “Nothing really. The new episode just began.” “Great” We quietly watched and ate our ice-cream. I would catch him staring at Arianna every five minutes. It seemed like he had more interest in staring at her than watching the show. After five episodes, Arianna started to get sleepy. Her eyes were beginning to droop down. “Oppaa…” she said with an adorable tired voice. “Yes?” we both answered. “I’m getting sleepy…” “I guess it’s time to go to sleep huh?” “Neh but I don’t want to go to my dorm… It’s too empty and I’m scared.” she said turning to her side facing me. “You could sleep here if you want.” “If it’s alright with you guys.” she said turning to the other side to face Jiyong. “Of course.” He said sweetly. “Well you could sleep on the couch if you don’t mind.” “Not at all but do you have a nightlight?” “I have a Doraemon one in my room. Let me also get you some blankets.” I said rushing to my room to get extra blankets and pillows. Jiyong turned off the tv and checked all the doors and windows. “Here you go Arianna-ah.” she was already knocked out by the time I returned. So I plugged in the nightlight beside her. Hyung started to tuck her in so I placed the pillows down and he placed a blanket over her. “I can turn everything else off hyung.” I said hoping to get a little alone time with her. “Okay. Goodnight daesung.” he stared at the sleeping girl on the couch for a while and went to his room. I turned off the lights in the kitchen and the nightlight. “Oppa…” “Neh?” “Could you sing me a lullaby? Before you leave?” “A lullaby?” “Yes. Before I sleep I usually listen to music to help me sleep.” “Okay. What song?” “Could you sing Cotton Candy? It’s my favorite.” she said with a cute baby like face. “Sure.”

(Cotton Candy - Daesung)

I sang to her softly and before I was done, she was asleep. She looks so innocent when asleep. I kissed her forehead and she smiled a little. “Goodnight.” I whispered. 

Arianna’s Dream
“Jagiya!” familiar voice called out. I was at a beautiful beach staring out at the sunset. The waves crashed against the shore and seagulls flew over. “Jagiya!” he called out. “I’m right here!” I yelled. The man was far away, walking on the sand towards me. He was too far for me to determine who it was. But as he came closer, I seemed to understand who it was. “Oppa!” he picked me up and twirled me around. Something inside told me that this man was my lover. “Baby I’ve missed you.” He said and kissed me on my forehead. “I missed you too!” “I’m so glad to have you back in my arms.” “Me too.” we embraced each other’s presence. I could hear his heartbeat in harmony with the waves. Our breathing and hearts were in sync like it was one. As I rested my head on his shoulder, I could see something in the distance. It looked like something was charging towards us. At first I didn’t really care but as it got closer, it seemed like some sort of stampede was on its way to us. “OPPAAAA!” the stampede screamed. This stampede was a fan herd that wanted one thing, HIM. “Babe, let’s go!” I said trying to pull him. “Why? I want to stay and hold you.” “We have to go! They are coming!” “Who?!” he turned around and he was no longer next to me. Darkness surrounded me. My vision became blurry and my body was in pain. “Oppa!” I yelled as loud as I could. “Jagiya!” I heard in the distance. Where is he? I couldn’t see anything and my legs could move. “Oppa!!! I screamed at the top of my lungs. “Arianna!!!” I heard faintly. Where is he?! Where did they take him?! Frustration and confusion clouded my mind. My body couldn’t do anything except cry. “Oppa! I exclaimed. All I heard was silence and the only pain I had was in my heart. It was the worst pain imaginable. Then I felt my body shake and someone say my name but no one was around me. “Arianna!” 

I opened my eyes and saw someone. I wasn’t quite sure who it was because all the lights were off and the nightlight was off.  ”Are you okay?” I sat up and took deep breaths. “It was just a dream…” I told myself. “Bad dream?” he asked “Yes it was. Can you please turn on the light?” At first it was blinding but my eyes adjusted. The man was…