Just Give Me Your Smile

When I Can't Sing

 

Baby Boo,
I’m always thinking about you
Whatever you do 
I’ll always trust you
We Belong together
Boy I’m ready for your love 
You’ve got me going steady for your love
Nobody but you I’m thinking of
So heavenly so obvious 
Oh baby I’m so ready for your love
You’ve got me going steady for you love
Ain’t nobody but you Im thinking of
We belong together

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsLcMHdjR6Q We Belong Together - BigBang ft. Park Bom English Version)

I reach over to my phone and turn off my alarm. First legit day as a YG Trainee! Time to get up and get ready. Before I get up to go to the bathroom, I turn on my boom box and press play. It plays my favorite worship song, My Redeemer Lives by Nicole C. Mullen. 

Who taught the sun where to stand in the morning?
And who told the ocean you can only come this far?
And who showed the moon where to hide till evening?
Who’s words can catch a falling star?

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC6RXAJpPjo My Redeemer Lives - Nicole C. Mullen)

I do my usual bathroom routine and put on my clothes which I laid out the night before. I put on leggings, a large pink flowy shirt and pearl earrings. My cousin got me obsessed with them. Hmm.. I should call her. I grab my phone from the bed side table and call Felianne M. The picture of her and a pig on her contact makes me giggle. “Hello?” she asks. “Annnnne!! It’s Nana!” I yell in to my phone. “NANA! How’s Korea?!” Just hearing her voice makes me miss her sooo much! Anne isn’t my blood relative but she is like an older sister to me.
She is my cousin’s girlfriend but she’s practically family. We used to spend almost everyday together. Every weekend, my sisters and I would sleepover her house and go to church with her family. We are so alike in many ways and I am truly blessed to have her and her family in my life. “It’s great! Duuude! Guess what!” “What?!”“I am officially a trainee and back-up singer. Last night the contract was signed when I talked to YG.” “Yaaay! Congrats Nana. You know I am so proud of you and happy you never gave up on your dreams.” “Thanks Anne. If it wasn’t for you and God, I wouldn’t have made it this far.” Anne is the reason why I took singing more seriously. She helped me work on my voice and helped me find my own style. I probably would have been still stuck in San Jose doing something I don’t like. “I have something else to tell you! YG has offered me a huge opportunity to possibly become a YG Solo Artist buuut I’m not sure if I am willing to… ” “Dude why not? You already made it that far. Why not reach to be your best. Remember what Pastor Wyane talked about at church last month? Believe in yourself and put your faith in God that all things are possible!” That day, Pastor talked about Abraham and how he put his faith in God and it brought him to the promised land. Two people were sent back to give a report on the land and told them how great it was but suggested not to go because there we dangerous giants living there. Two other people said that giants are nothing compared to our God who is bigger than anything. This gave me courage to pursue my dream of becoming a singer.

“Yes Anne! God is great and my Jehovah Jirah, our providers. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! Just like my tattoo says.” Not many people know that I have a tattoo on my back cuz I always cover it with my clothes. It is a bible verse with flowers framing it.  ”I have learned to be satisfied with the things I have and everything that happens. I know how to live when I am poor and when I have plenty. I have learned the secret of being happy at anytime in everything that happens. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!” Philippians 4:11-13 My favorite bible verse and one that relates to me the most.

“How was it talking to YG? Must have been scary.” “At first I was hella nervous but after I prayed and started talking, everything was fine.” I assured. “Awesome! Did you meet any famous people?” “Well YG is famous. But yeah I did. I got to meet BigBang and Se7en but I only got to say hi to 2NE1 cuz they were leaving when I entered. This is all just a dream come true!” “Well don’t stay in fantasyland forever. Training is going to be a ton of work but I know you can do it.” “Thanks Anne! Well I gotta go now. I’m gonna go to work.” “Alright, have a great day! Arianna fighting!” i grabbed my duffle bag and dance shoes then headed to the elevator. 

The elevator doors opened and I enter without seeing if anyone else is there. I am too busy humming with my eyes closed to my music. “Arianna-ah” a voice called me. “Oh Se7en Oppa! Good morning!” I say while bowing. “Did you sleep well?” he asked with a cute smile. “Kinda, I’m not really used to the time difference.” “Ahh. I see. The same thing happens to me when I travel overseas.” “Oppa, how do you manage to be a successful solo artist and deal with all the criticism? All the groups who debut have each other to comfort and do everything together. It must be difficult being alone through everything.” I ask curiously. “You see, I never really am alone. I have a great crew that helps me with everything, amazing company that is like a family and fans who give me fighting spirit. My manager is like a best friend because he is there leading me through everything and advises me. YG Entertainment has a family like atmosphere. Everyone here is willing to help, cares for everyone and wants to see you succeed. I meant isn’t that what a family is like?” “Yes I suppose.” Is it really? I have no idea. My family is not like that in Cali. Some were more focused on money and success for themselves than love and care. There was more gossip than praise and encouragement. “Arianna-ah if you are more worried about what everyone says and thinks of you than your abilities and talent, this may not be the job for you. There will always people who will want to see you suffer and do bad but there will also always be people who will support you no matter what.”

I soaked in the advice Se7en Oppa told me for a minute and said “Thank you Oppa. I really needed to hear that.” He opened his arms for a hug and I embraced him. My eyes start to water a little bit and when I smiled at him, a tear fell down. I was touched by his advice and made me cry a tear of joy. He really is like an older brother. My confidence grew and now I feel like I could face the world. Ding!* “This is my floor! I’ll catch you later at work. Come find me later, okay?” “Okay Oppa! Thank you again!” “Arianna Hwaiting!” he yelled before the elevator closed and took me down to the lobby. A little van that took some of the trainees to work was parked at the front. I went in and sat in the back where no one can bother me. All of my focus went to the music blasting through my headphones and the vision in my head. I imagined myself onstage with a mike in hand and the world watching me. Their judgmental eyes are glued on me ready to criticize. I smirk at them and open my mouth to sing.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIDZmXb-r7Q He Still Loves Me - Fighting Temptation ft Beyonce)

Took me a while but I’m finally here
I just wanna testify and make it crystal clear
See I’ve been picked out, to be picked on
Talked about out my friend’s mouth
I’ve been beat down till he turned my life around

Seems like I always fall short of being worthy
Cuz I ain’t good enough but he still loves me
I ain’t no superstar
The spotlight aint shining on me
Cuz I ain’t good enough but he still loves me

I used wake up somedays and wished I stayed asleep
Cuz I went to bed on top of the world
Today the worlds on top of me
Everybodys got opinions (they share)
They ain’t been in my position (they don’t care)
And it breaks my heart to hear what they
have to say about me

Seems like I always fall short of being worthy
Cuz I ain’t good enough but He still loves me
I ain’t no superstar
The spotlight ain’t shining on me
Cuz I ain’t good enough but he still loves me

I’m not perfect
Yes I do wrong
I’m trying my best but it ain’t good enough
Shunned by the world 
When I don’t succeed
Cuz I ain’t good enough but he still loves me

My voice is booming with confidence and I feel like I’m on top of the world. All the random people in the audience fades away leaving only my sisters, Anne and her family, YG, BigBang, 2NE1, Gummy, Psy and Se7en clapping for me. This made me realize that they are the only ones that truly support me and are there for me. When I take my bow, all I can say is Thank you God! 

When I look out the window, I see that I have just arrived at the building and excitement runs through my blood. First thing I need to do is have my Korean lessons and such. Luckily for me, I only have less than one year of high school left! It is too early to go to class so I decided to see if anyone was in the practice room. When I reach the room, I am relieved to see that it is empty. Its not like I’m gonna stay here for too long anyways so I just left the door unlocked. So many people have sweated and worked their butts off in this room for hours. Some have sacrificed the world for a spot on this dance floor. What makes me so special compared to them? Yeah I can sing but so can a lot of people. Why would they choose me? Man I need to snap out of this funk. The best way to do that is by performing. So I put a song on the computer and let it boom through the room. For some reason, Beyonce songs always make me feel confident and y.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XY3AvVgDns Countdown - Beyonce

Boy!

Oh, killing me softly and I’m still falling
Still the one I need, I will always be with you
Oh, you got me all gone, don’t ever let me go
Say it real loud if you fly
If you leave me you’re out of your mind

My baby is a 10
We dressing to the 9
He pick me up we 8, 
Make me feel so lucky 7
He kiss me in his 6
We be making love at 5
Still the one I do this 4
I’m tryna make us 3
From that 2
He’s still the 1

There’s ups and downs in this love
Got a lot to learn in this love
Through the good and the bad, still got love
Dedicated to the one I love, hey

Still love the way he talk, still love the way I sing
Still love the way he rock them black diamonds in that chain
Still all up on each other, ain’t a damn thing changed
My girls can’t tell me nothing, I’m gone in the brain
I’m all up under him like it’s cold, winter time
All up in the kitchen in my heels, dinner time
Do whatever that it takes, he got a winner’s mind
Give it all to him, meet him at the finish line

Me and my boo and my boo boo riding
All up in that black with his chick right beside him
Ladies, if you love your man show him you the flyest
Grind up on it, girl, show him how you ride it
Me and my boo and my boo boo riding
All up in that black with his chick right beside him
Ladies, if you love your man show him you the fliest
Grind up on it, girl, show him how you ride it

Oh, killing me softly and I’m still fallin’
Still the one I need, I will always be with you
Oh, you got me all gone, don’t ever let me go
Say it real loud if you fly
If you leave me you out of your mind

My baby is a 10
We dressing to the 9
He pick me up we 8, 
Make me feel so lucky 7
He kiss me in his 6
We be making love at 5
Still the one I do this 4
I’m tryna make us 3
From that 2
He still the 1

Yup, I put it on him, it ain’t nothing that I can’t do
Yup, I buy my own, if he deserve it, buy his too
All up in the store, shorty, tricking if I want to
All up in the store, shorty, fly as we want to

Ooh ooh ooh ooh
Damn I think I love that boy
Do anything for that boy
Boy! 
Now I’ll never be the same
You and me until the end

Me and my boo and my boo boo riding
All up in that black with his chick right beside him
Ladies, if you love your man show you the flyest
Grind up on it, girl, show him how you ride it
Me and my boo and my boo lip locking
All up in the back because the chicks keep flocking
All that gossip in 10 years stop it
London speed it up, Houston rock it

Oh, killing softly and I’m still falling
Still the one I need, I will always be with you
Oh, you got me all gone, don’t ever let me go
Say it real loud if you fly, 
If you leave me you’re out of your mind

My baby is a 10
We dressing to the 9
He pick me up we 8, 
Make me feel so lucky 7
He kiss me in his 6
We be making love at 5
Still the one I do this 4
I’m tryna make us 3
From that 2
He still the 1

Clap clap clap* Someones here?! Omg I slowly turn around and see that I am no longer alone. How long have I had an audience?! “That was great. You have an amazing voice.” a smooth voice females voice complimented. “Thank you.” I say while bowing multiple times to my Sunbae. To my surprise, Gummy, GD Oppa and two women were sitting on the benches. “Mianaeyo. I should be going now.” I say while gathering my things. “Wae? What’s the rush?” GD Oppa asked holding my jacket in his hand. “Oh nothing. I just thought I was using your practice time.” I say politely. “Don’t worry about it. It’s fine. We were actually waiting for our last backup singer anyways so you are free to stay.” Gummy said to me with a smile. She reminds me of TOP when she smiles like that. “If you don’t mind…” I reply. “Not at all. You are part of the family now after all.” GD said as he put his arm on my shoulders. “Oh Noona, this is Arianna. She’s a new trainee, 2NE1’s backup singer and future YG solo artist.” he introduced. I bowed to her and shook her hand. “Nice to meet you Arianna-ah, call me Unnie!” she replied. “Okay Unnie! So what are you and Oppa working on?” I ask curiously. “I’m working on my rendition of Heartbreaker with Jiyong for the YG Family Concert.” “Noona, maybe Arianna-ah could help us practice for now since Haerin Noona isn’t coming for another hour.” GD Oppa suggested. “Can you harmonize well?” Gummy Unnie asked. Before I could say anything, Oppa said “Yes she can! She is great at finding harmonies.” “Great! Feel free to join in at anytime.” A soft jazzy melody plays making me sway back and forth with each beat. It wasn’t hard at all to find the harmony. A smile of satisfaction appeared on both of their faces showed everytime there was a perfect complete harmonization. Ji-Oppa seemed very pleased with the way it sounded which I thought would be impossible because he is a big perfectionist and this is his own song. After singing Heartbreaker five times in a row, I finally take my leave. “Gummy Unnie and Ji-Oppa, thank you for letting me practice with you. It was very fun but I must meet up with Jihyon Oppa for my Korean lessons.” Thank you for helping us rehearse Arianna-ah! You are very talented. I’m glad you are a part of our family.” She said sincerely. I bow goodbye and head to class.

“Gooooood Moooooooorning Oppa!” I yell as I enter the room. “Annyong Arianna-ah. Please take a seat.” he says offering me the seat opposite of his. “Shall we start?” “Neh!” i say enthusiastically. Lessons lasted for an hour and a half and I felt like I forgot English once we were done. “Be back in twenty minutes, arraso?” “okay Oppa. I’m just going to get a snack in the cafeteria anyways. Would you like anything?” “Anni. Gwenchana.” On my way to the cafeteria, I noticed someone sleeping on sofa near the waterwall. His phone was ringing off the hook so I decided to tap on his shoulder. He his side and I realize that it’s Daesung Oppa. I think he’s having a nightmare. “Oppa! Oppa! Daesung Oppa wake up!

Daesung’s POV
“Why don’t you just go away forever?!”
“You should just kill yourself like how you killed that guy!” 
“Murderer! MURDERER! MURDERER!” 

“I’m not a murderer… I’m not a murderer… I’m not a MURDERER! I screamed in my nightmare. “Daesung Oppa wake up!” my eyes open as big as they could and i sit up trying to catch my breath.  ”Oppa, are you okay?” she asks rubbing my back. Her hand gives me chills down my back. “Neh, ill be fine… I just had a really bad nightmare.” she gave me a super tight hug and sat beside me. The tears clouded my vision and I just set my head in my hands. Why did that dream feel so real? Arianna didn’t say anything and let me cry everything out. She never loosened her grip on me and her hand on my back helped the tears subside. “Thank you Arianna-ah,” I say while wiping my damp eyes, “I’m sorry you had to see me like this.” My eyes strayed away from hers. I didn’t want see her pity me for crying like a baby. “Don’t be sorry Oppa, I hurts me to see you cry like that. Never be sorry for being human and having emotions, okay Oppa?” she said and I could hear the pain and sincerity in her voice. I nod and stand up from the sofa. “Thank you again for waking me up from that nightmare and for comforting me.” she smiled at me and gave me another super tight hug.  ““No problem Oppa! Why is it that everytime we bump into each other one of us is crying? I want to see your big smile next time I see you, arraso Oppa?!” "Arraso. Wow, I see you have worked on your hangul.” “Neh I just had my korean lessons. Speaking of lessons…. I have to go back to class.” she said while looking around for a clock. “Do you know what time it is Oppa?” I pulled my sleeve up to show her my watch and she bursted out laughing. “AWWW! HOW CUTE!!!! Can I see your watch again?” “Do you like Doraemon?” "Yuuuup!!!! It’s soooo kupta!” she pulled out her phone and showed me her Doraemon phone case. Both of our faces lit up and ginormous smiles grew. “Well I really need to go Oppa. I’ll see you around.” no. Don’t leave… She gave me a hug and started to walk away. No! Gajima! Eottoke… I went to try and catch up to her but before I could reach her, she turned around. “oh! Oppa.” “Hey, if you’re not busy tonight I was wondering if…” the nerves were getting to me. I started to sweat bullets and my words were becoming impossible to pronounce. “uhhh… Umm… If.. I-If you wa- wanna come over later… If you’re not busy… To watch Doraemon wi- with me?” i held my breath waiting for her response. She thought about it for a few seconds and said “Sure! I’d love to! Just text me when to come over.” “Alright.” “Alright see you later Oppa!” Score!!! I have to tell the boys! After she walked out of sight I did a little victory dance and headed towards the gym to let the guys know about the good news. 

“You can do it! Just push a little harder!” hwangswab hyung yelled trying to encourage TOP hyung to complete a push up. “5!!!!” Top hyung yelled triumphantly. “Great job hyung! Now you just have to do 25 more!” Seungri teased. “Guys! Guess  what?!!” I yelled trying not jump around. “Whats up Daesunggie?” Jiyong hyung asked trying to calm me down. “I asked Arianna to come over tonight to watch Doraemon with me… and she said YES!!” 

Jiyong’s POV
Whaaaat? Daesung’s eyes disappeared and a huge smile was plastered on his face. A part of me is happy for Dae but I don’t know how I feel… “Sweet!” YoungBae said while throwing high-fives around. TOP hyung put his arm around his shoulders and sat him down on the couch to have Dae to himself. I put on a phony smile and excuse myself to the bathroom. My “smile” fell to almost a frown and I could feel the green monster growing in me. My plan is now ruined… As I looked at myself in the mirror, I remembered how happy Dae looked. He has never smiled that much before. But the feelings I felt when I had my arm on her shoulders in the practice room flooded back and I swear I just felt a butterfly flutter around inside. I guess if she likes him and he likes her, I SHOULD not intervene… But I always could….

I walked back into the room with a big smile strategizing a plan. This plan isn’t fool proof considering I don’t know exactly how Arianna feels. Maybe she was just being nice. It wasn’t long since Dae got into his accident. Does she even know? She must know especially since she knew us before she came here and I saw a crown light stick in the box beside the record player that my foot hit last time I was in her room. Whether or not she knows, I wont use his accident against him. We are after all co-workers/brothers/room mate and have known each other for about 8 years. Should I just let them be? I don’t know. There’s something so special about her though… Her outer beauty is just as beautiful as her inner beauty which is so rare to find these days. All the beautiful women I meet tend to have cold hearts. Pretty faces and ugly hearts, that’s all I’m surrounded by. Arianna is so different from the rest. She stands out the most in a crowd of millions of beautiful girls. The fact that she has so much depth while everyone else is shallow. I’ve only known her for two days, yet It feels like we have known each other for years. “Hyung, it’s your turn” Seungri reminded. “You must be really happy for Daesunggie huh?” Youngbae asked passing me the weights. “Oh yeah. I knew you could do it Dae!” I say honestly. “Thanks Hyung!” Daesung said happily. 

Arianna’s POV
“And this concludes today’s lessons. Right now you have lunch then at 1:30 you have vocal lessons in the recording room so drink a lot of water and tea before and after, arraso?” Jihyon Oppa said handing me a water bottle and tea packets. “Neh Oppa! Katsamnida, see you tomorrow!” I say taking me leave. As I walk towards the cafeteria, I pull out my phone. 

From: Doraemon Daesung Oppa
Hey Arianna, what time are you off? I’ll off at 8 so would you like to pick up some dinner first? :D

To: Doraemon Daesung Oppa
I’m off at 8 also! Sure I’d love to Oppa! :D See you later tonight!

I shove my phone back into my pocket and plug my headphones in my ears. My feel walk to the beat till I reach the now busy cafeteria. I pass the long line and sit down at an empty table. Since I’m not really familiar with Korean food, I packed myself an nice lunch full of all my favorite snacks from California. I took out my Doraemon lunch box and start eating. “Is this seat taken?” A girl in sweats and tee asked. “Nope.” I say with a smile. This girl looks like a foreigner and a little bit younger than me. “Hi I’m Wendy. Nice to meet you.” she said in perfect English. “Hi I’m Arianna! Nice to meet you too.” “You must be a new trainee.” “Yes. Is it that noticeable?” she giggled and shook her head. “No. I’ve never seen you around before and you are sitting alone. That’s what made you stand out.” “Ohhh.. Yeah” “All the other trainees sit together over there.” she pointed at the long table on the other side of the cafeteria and waved at everyone at the table. I gave a shy wave to my fellow trainees. ” Would you like to join us?” she offered. “Uh- Su- sure.” we walked over to the table and a boy offered me a seat beside him. I bowed politely and sat down. “Everyone, this is Arianna. She is a new trainee!” everyone bowed and introduced themselves. All of them are Korean except Wendy. “Where are you from?” the boy next to me named Dongwoo asked. “I’m from San Jose, California.” “Can you speak Korean?” a younger girl named Taeyon struggled to ask. “A little bit. I also know a little Tagalog and Spanish.” “Ohhh you’re Filipino?” Wendy asked. “Yeah. But I’ve never been to the Philippines before.” “Have you met all the sunbaes?” A petite girl named Suri asked. “I have! Well except for Psy. The first people that I met when I got to the dorm was BigBang. I didn’t really get to introduce myself to 2NE1 cuz they were leaving when I saw them but im going to meet with them today for the concert meeting.” “you are going to be part of their concert???” everyone said with a surprise. “Yes, at first I was only hired as a background singer but offered me to be a trainee in the meanwhile.” they all gave me oooohs and ahhhs until a girl around my age walked up to the table. The table turned awkwardly quiet as the girl sat down. No one dared to look at her. Out of politeness, I introduce myself in Korean. She gave me a cold look that sent a chill down my spine. Awkwaaaard… “Thats Jenny Kim, she’s very mean but a great performer. Don’t get in her way or else she’ll rip you to shreds.” Dongwoo warned. There is noooooooo way I want to create any drama or problems here so ima do my best to stay out of her way but I am NOT going to let her put me down at all. Everyone focused on their lunch and stayed silent so I decided to do the same. “Arianna-ah! Oppa has been looking for you! Se7en Hyung wanted me to give you this.” TOP Oppa said  in such a loud voice that everyone, especially Jenny, jumped. Oppa handed me a letter with a picture of a chicken with a red pepper in it’s mouth. “Read it. I need to send him your reply.” Oppa said with his wonderful deep voice. 


Dear Arianna-ah,

Please help us surprise  JiYong for his 24th birthday at my restaurant on October 18! Since this is a surprise, try your best to keep quiet about it. Only a selected amount of people know so DO NOT TELL ANYONE! We will have our first meeting tomorrow night at my restaurant 8 pm sharp! 

- Dong Wook aka Se7en


I look at TOP Oppa and give him a thumbs up and he hugs me before he left to give another letter to another person. The moment I sit down, I feel everyone’s stares are on me. Jenny was burning holes into my face from her sharp stare. She mugged me for a few minutes until she stood up and walked away. Once she was out of sight, I took a deep breath of relief. “Wow, that was intense.” “Don’t worry about her too much. She’s just cold like that. If you want to stay out of her absolute hate list, don’t talk or look or be near Jiyong Oppa when she is around.” Wendy warned. “Why? Are they dating or something?” I asked curiously. “They are, but only in her crazy imagination.” she said giggling. “oh. What the heck? I find that hella funny.” they gave me a confused look till I explained what “hella” meant. “Does JiOppa know?” “Oh yeah he knows, but since she has been in the company for so long, he finds it cute but remains to keep their relationship a friendly one. YG is planning on putting her in a new girl group that will debut like next year or something.” Suri replied. “really? Hmmm….” I made a mental note about this Jenny Kim and continued to eat. I finished all my food and headed toward to the recording room. 

Knock Knock* I sneaked in my head in and saw that it was empty. All the lights and equipment was on and running so I figured whoever was in here will be back soon. I sat down on the large black sofa and decided to start warming up my voice. 

“Hellllooooooo!” A super hyper dragon yelled as he ran and jumped onto the other sofa. “HELLO! Someone must be super hyper!” I say giggling at his silliness. “Nope! I’m just wild and young. This is all just for fun.” he rapped in his spinning chair. ” You sir, are defiantly ONE OF A KIND!” ” Thank you.” he replied with his famous 90 degree bow. “Shall we start?” he asked. ” I though Teddy was supposed to give me vocal lessons.” "He has a family emergency and left early this morning. So that means I will be your vocal coach for this whole week..” “Ohhh. Okay!” we stood face to face and mimicked each other as a warm up. “Now we will work on breathing excersizes. Stand with your back straight, arms up and hold a note for 25 seconds.” he instructed. He gently placed his hand on the small of my back showed me how to place my arms. I couldnt help but blush at the touch of his hands. A little smirk on his face grew and I have no idea how to react to this. I can’t cover my red cheeks because he is holding my arms up. By the time I finish warming up, my face is like a cherry tomato. He giggled at me and said “Wow, your face gets super red.”  I say covering my whole face with my arms. He tired to peal my arms off my face but I kept them glued to my face. “Would you please put you arms down?” he asked kindly. I slowly put my arms down but before I could put them all the way down I yell “Ani!” and turn away from him. He placed his hands on my sides and made me face him. This made me turn even more red. My cheeks feel like they are on fire! “Please….? For me??” I peaked through my fingers and I see him giving me the cutest pout I’ve ever seen. Ugh, why does he have to be so cute?! He put his hands on my wrists and with no resistance, my arms returned to my sides. My friends warned me about this. Koreans are very good at looking and acting cute. I heard they call it aegeyo and have attempted to do it but failed horribly. “Why are you doing that Oppa? It’s not fair!” I say stubbornly. “Doing what?” he said with baby voice that’s driving me nuts. “THAT! You’re trying to act all cute and stuff! You’re lucky it works on me. But two can play at this game!” I yell before jumping around in a circle around him. He laughed and started to jump with me. “Oppa! Oppa! Oppa! Am I CUUUUUTE?!” I exclaim giving him my best aegeyo. We end up having a laugh attack that left both of our eyes teary and our stomachs aching from so much laughter. 

Jiyong’s POV
I held my stomach which ached badly from laughing too much. As we tried to catch our breath, I couldn’t keep my eyes off of her. Her giggle was super infectious and made me want to laugh even more. The familiar feelings I felt in my dream returned and butterflies invaded my stomach. Just knowing that I have her to myself in this room makes me feel…. Asdfghjkl. No other word can describe how I feel right now. All I know is that this feels right. “Oppa I think we should continue our vocal lessons.” she said trying to regain focus on the task at hand. “Yes. Yes we should. How comfortable are you singing In Korean?” “ehhhh… I’m not totally comfortable but if I know the song and have the lyrics, I have no problem.” “alright then. Let’s start by singing a song in English so I can get a idea of your vocal range. I want you to stand up and sing a song about how you feel right now. Bring out your emotions into the lyrics.” she nodded and stood up. Her hands were shaking and her head was low. This is the perfect way to get a peek into her true emotions.

There are times I find it hard to sleep at night
We are living through such troubled times
And every child that reaches out for someone to hold
For one moment they become my own

And how can I pretend that I don’t know what’s going on 
When every second and every minute another soul is gone
And I believe that in my life I will see
 An end to hopelessness, of giving up, of suffering

If we all stand together this one time
Then no one will get left behind
Stand up for life 
Stand up for love

I’m inspired and hopeful each and everyday
That’s how I know that things are gonna change
So how can I pretend that I don’t know what’s going on
With every second and every minute another soul is gone
And I believe that in my life I will see 
An end to hopeless

And it all starts right here 
And it starts right now
One person stands up 
And the rest will follow
For all the forgotten
For all the unloved
I’m gonna sing this song

(Stand Up For Love - Destiny's Child)

WOW. WOW. WOW. “So what do you think Oppa?” she asked. “Th- tha- that was ah- amazing.” that performance left me speechless… I stood there for a few minutes with my jaw dropped. “Oppa, what do you really think? About me?” she asked with a serious tone. I want to tell her that I think she is beautiful inside and out. And that her talent surpasses all others. “You are an extremely talented girl and have sooo much potential Arianna-ah.” “Thanks Oppa.” she replied and smiled. Any man would be the luckiest to have a one of a kind girl like her. “So what next?” “Next you will perform a Korean song for me. Choose any song that you feel comfortable singing.” “okie dokie!” she went to the computer to choose a song to sing. Before I could see the title, she blocked the screen. “Noooooooo peeking! I want it to be a surprise.” she said trying to push me away from the computer. I gave up and sat down on the sofa. She pressed play and stood in front of me. Lee Hyori’s song U GO GIRL started to play and she swayed her hips to the beat. She grabbed a pen off the table and used it as a mike. 

Arianna’s POV 
I was putting my heart in the mini performance and I couldn’t  tell whether he was enjoying it or just laughing at my silly dance moves. “crazy right, dance all night, let me take you home tonight, it’s alright, hey boy party tonight!” I grabbed his hand and pulled him to dance with me. “I like that that that girl, why don’t you bring it back back back girl” “okay! I like that that that boy, why don’t you bring it back back back boy!” we were dancing and singing around the room like crazy people. He was doing his famous hair flair dance while I was whipping my hair back and forth. In an instant we turned vocal lessons to an epic karaoke session. Both us we like little hyper kids going nuts together. We ended up on the sofa trying to catch our breath. Oppa is so funny and silly that I forget that he isn’t a little kid any more. Ding* oh! Text message!

From: Jihyon Oppa
Arianna-ah don’t forget the meeting is in 5 minutes!

To: Jihyon Oppa
Thanks for reminding me Oppa! I will be there soon.

“Oppa, I need to attend a meeting in five minutes. But I have a problem…” “what’s the problem?” “I don’t know where it is… Can you please help me find it? It is in room CF 23.” “Oh that’s on the fourth floor. I’ll walk you.” he offered. “are you sure Oppa?” “Of course. No worries Arianna-ah” he said then flashed an adorable gummy smile. “Thanks Oppa”