Saving grace

I Don't Go Well with Being a Puppet

Baekho's POV

I ran up to the roof and right to Alice. Before she could even say one thing, I pulled her into my chest and held her close. "It's okay Al, I'm here now. Just let it all out." I softly said to her while rubbing her back in an effort to comfort her. she buried her face into my chest and began to cry. It broke my heart to see her hurting this badly and I couldn't do anything to help her or fix it. Alice is like the sister I never had.. 

About 15 minutes later, after she had calmned down some she hugged me tightly. "Thank you for that Baekho," she said in a slightly hoarse voice. I smiled at her and happily told her, "No thanks needed, that's what family is for. We take care of one another, and nothing will ever change that". Alice once again pulled me into a tight hug and whispered a thank you. I hugged her back then helped her up and walked her back down into the school. I sent her off to the bathroom so she could wash her face of her tears and told her I would see her in gym last period. I made my way into the court yard that's connected to the cafe and called Aron. 

"Yo, what's up dude?" Aron answered brightly signally today was a good day for him. I hate that I'm about to ruin that. 

"Alice had a breakdown.. I just got finished sitting with her. I didn't ask what happened because I did not want to make her more upset by having to explain what was going on at that moment." I explained to him. 

"What?! Is she okay? Did she do anything to herself?" he asked frantically. 

I nodded without thinking, and realized he couldn't see me. I reassured him that she was okay. I found her before things had gotten back. After talking with him for a few more minutes I ran back into school and to my class. I couldn't afford to be late again. 

End Baekho's POV

I walked into my English class and directly went to my seat in the back of the classroom. My teacher didn't bother me much at all since I had an A+ in that class considering english is my first language. I threw myself into writing the essay we had been assigned for that period, and finished right as the bell rang. Time was going by quickly, but hey, I'm not complaining. I just want to go home already. I'm sick of the stares from random people and today has already been crappy enough as it is. At least next period was my saving grace, dance. 

I walked over to my usual corner and dropped off my then headed towards where the teacher, Miss Raina, was. "Class, this week you will each prepare a dance solo in the style of your choosing. I want to see how you are all progressing, and the improvements since the beginning of the year," she explained with a bright smile and shooed us off to begin working. I flopped onto the floor looking through my ipod to find the absolute perfect song so I could begin. A few minutes went by and all of a sudden I heard sneakers squeeking against the hallway floors into the dance studio. I look up to find JR bowing to Miss Raina, appologizing for being late I assume. 

"JR, where were you? Fooling around with Nara?" I heard his friends ask with a laugh. 

I scoffed, idiot. Going to mess up your grade for some witch. Whatever that's his choice. I continued to scroll through my ipod and squeeked excitedly. I had found my song! When I looked up and noticed my classmates were staring at me. I mumbled an apology while blushing. Miss Raina walked over to me and smiled, "I'm guessing you found your song?". I nodded excitedly and showed her the song on my ipod wanting to keep it a secret. "I'm planning on doing a ballet piece to it." I told her. She smiled a bright smile at me and then continued to walk around talking to the other students. I think I may have picked a winner, I smiled for the first time today. 

By the time dance class ended, I was actually feeling a lot better, well that was until I walked out of class and was purposely tripped by someone. I looked up to find no one other than the witch herself. Everyone from class, including JR, was staring at me. I scrambled to my feet and quickly grabbed my things before running out of the school hearing Nara's laugh echoing in the background. I ran all the way home and straight into my room. I threw my crap on my computer desk then fell on my bed and screamed into my pillow. Why couldn't see just leave me alone? I literally have done nothing to her. I don't even talk to JR anymore.. He doesn't really even acknowledge my existence.. 

 

A/N:

Here it is guys, FINALLY chapter 8. I'm still sort of on the fence about continuing because I don't know if you guys are liking what you are reading. I can't express how much your comments mean to me. They are what give me inspiration to continue writing. So if you like this, please let me know. I already have about a third of chapter 9 written, and I'm going to be working on finishing it this weekend. But it's all up to you guys if I post it.