Unhappy and Unsure.

Boundaries of the Heart
Silence filled the room as the only sound heard was lead scrapping onto paper. Meanwhile, the atmosphere remained tense and uncomfortable. Hayeon watched as Yirin drew out the building design on the blue print silently, roughly, and messily; something completely unlike her. 
 
Yirin always had something to say and was a complete perfectionist when it came to her job; especially when it came to critic planning and drawing. Her usual cautious and clean became stabs and scratches. Just the fact that Yirin was quiet was unusual to her. Hayeon tilted her head and watched as Yirin sketched with strongly furrowed eyebrows. Her hands strangled her pencil as if it had committed a crime and her drawing was deep and dark; something she once said to never do as a starting sketch. She bit the inside of her bottom lip, as if suppressing her curses to the world. Her eyes were cold and observant, as if keeping surveillance or her fingers' every move. 
 
"Dammit!" Yirin hissed as she slammed her pencil on her desk. Hayeon jumped at her boss' sudden out burst. Yirin threw her hands in her hair and raked her fingers through them. "Messed up, again!" She growled to herself as Hayeon handed her the eraser. Hayeon placed it near her hand carefully like it were a bomb. Yirin looked up at her assistant and sighed,"Thanks, Hayeon." She fixed her hair and took the erase. 
 
"Yirin, are you okay?" Hayeon asked as she looked at her with deep eyes. 
 
Without looking at her, Yirin continued her sketch. "Yeah, I'm fine." 
 
After a few seconds of no response from the other, Hayeon shook her head. "Don't lie to me," she said bluntly, "Are you really okay?"
 
Yirin stopped sketching and threw her hands to her face. She took a deep breath,"I'm not, I'm really not." She uttered exhaustedly. Yirin put her pencil down and crossed her arms over her chest. "My seemingly perfect life became a train wreck." Yirin looked at Hayeon was a bitter grin, "I just can't seem to be happy anymore."
 
Hayeon sat down on the seat across from the older girl, "Yirin, I know the miscarriage was a lot to handle but at lease you have Joonmyun with you right?"
 
Yirin formed a small frown with the corner of her lips, "Joonmyun," she said softy, "Why does that name sound to foreign when I say it now." Yirin looked at Hayeon and shook her head, "We went our own ways, apparently." She sighed and twirled her pencil in her fingers, "I'm staying with Kris as of now." She mumbled almost miserably. "I haven't seen Joonmyun in two days now." Her thumb nail starting scrapping a line onto the pen, "I wonder how he is. If he's eaten, how his health is," she looked down onto her lap, "If he misses me just as much as I do."
 
Hayeon observed Yirin's troubled serenity, "You miss him don't you?"
 
Yirin's fingers stopped it's scrapping, and placed the pen on the desk. She slowly looked up at her Hayeon in sudden realization and grinned softly, "I do, I really do." She sighed, "I mean I love Kris and all–" she bit her lip, "or so I think I do," she sighed to herself. "I've come to realize that I am not myself without Joonmyun. I love him, a lot." She said honestly.
 
Hayeon stood up with a smile. All along, she knew that Joonmyun was the one. Hearing that she was more than happy that Joonmyun was really the chosen one. "Then in that case," Hayeon strolled next to Yirin with an extravagant smile, "You, Han Yirin, should go see him and tell him all that."
 
Hayeon's smile and suggestion reflected on Yirin. She smiled at just the thought of seeing him again made her heart flutter, but then she remembered. "I think he's seeing our nurse," she added dejectedly.
 
Hayeon's eyebrows cocked in a confusedly manner, "Our as in...."
 
"Ugh," Yirin groaned sighed, "She happens to be both of our therapeutic nurse."
 
"Oh...." Hayeon uttered not knowing what else to say. "Well when do you see her? Maybe on your next session you can confront her about it."
 
Yirin gasped from Hayeon's genius idea. "That's the thing! I can see her anytime!" She snapped and did a little two-second dance, "I'll see her at lunch!"

Hayeon giggled at how childish Yirin was acting, but she appreciated it. Not only was she her usual self again, but she was also going to be with Joonmyun: the man she should've stuck with in the first place.

 
Joonmyun looked at the nurse with skeptical eyes, scanning her frail body in front of him. "Why are you here?" He asked finally.
 
Minrin stopped writing on the booklet. She looked at him and scoffed, "What are you talking about?" She ripped out the written piece of paper and handed it to him, "I'm here to do my job."
 
"You are not well, Minrin-sshi." Joonmyun took it and shoved it in his pocket. "You shouldn't be here, you should be resting."
 
"Not well?" She laughed bitterly as she looked down at herself, "I haven't been well for the last three years." They walked out of her office together. Minrin turned and looked at him in the eyes, "As a therapeutic nurse, I don't even know what to categorize myself as anymore."
 
Seeing the hurt and sorrow in her eyes, Joonmyun bravely took her in his arms and held her in his embrace. "I'm here for you, Minrin-sshi." He tighten his comforting arms around her, "Remember that."
 
Minrin shut her eyes and wrapped her arms around his torso. "I hope so." She sighed, finally getting to feel what a real hug feels like after so many years. His strong yet firm manly odor of his Calvin Klein perfume and natural scent intoxicated Minrin even more into the hug. Finally getting to be cared for by a man. After a while, Minrin let go once she realized that they were still in a professional working environment. "You're next check up will be the last so you should be somewhat well by then."
 
Joonmyun scoffed, "Somewhat well? As in dead?" He laughed sarcastically, "That, I know."
 
Minrin dropped her jaw, "Hey! Don't say that!"
 
He his heels and walked away with his hands in his pants pocket. "It's true though!" He shouted back with a smile still on his face.
 
Joonmyun bit back his glorious smile and chuckled to himself. "Ah, if only I were to make it." He said to himself with a pitiful chuckle as he ruffled the back of his hair. He looked up and stopped his steps. In front of him was the woman he yearn yet dread to see. His smile faltered as his stares upon her became ungrateful and insignificant. 
 
Yirin looked at him then recalled the things she saw. From their long lasting  hug to their intimate and playful moment; she had seen it. To be honest, she was crushed. Nevertheless, Yirin pushed her crestfallen thoughts away. She had come here for a reason and that was to clarify everything; not give herself a pity party in front of him, of all people. She looked at him directly in the eyes, "Joon-" 
 
Before she even finished calling his name, he interjected by walking away from her, making their shoulders brush with each others. Yirin scoffed in disbelief at his random act of disrespect. "Kim Joonmyun," she called as she pulled him by the arm. 
 
Joonmyun looked at her with lifeless eyes, "Yes?" He replied monotonously with a hint of irritation. 
 
Yirin examined his face. He didn't look sick but he definitely did not look like the Kim Joonmyun she knew. The Kim Joonmyun she knew had a sweet, soft-spoken voice. This man in front of her had the voice of thunder and the hideous attitude of a demon. His eyes sparked red flames of hell and discourtesy. She shook her head, "What happened to you?" She asked in a small voice. 
 
Joonmyun looked at her and scoffed, "You're wasting my time." He looked away impatiently and shoved her hands away from him. 
 
"Wait!" She grabbed his arm and ran to look him in the eyes, "Are you seeing her?"
 
Just keep doing what you're doing, Joonmyun. He told himself. "Who? I have many," he lied furtively. 
 
Ouch, that one definitely hit an artery. Was he seeing more than one person? Had he really moved on that fast? It was only a mere two days! Yirin shook her head in denial, "You still love me, Kim Joonmyun. Don't lie to me."
 
Joonmyun closed his eyes and took took a deep breath through his nostrils. I'm sorry, just know that I’m doing this for you. He turned to her and scoffed,"Me? Love you? Han Yirin," he addressed foreignly with a sarcastic chortle,"Why would I still love you?" He asked as if it were the most obvious thing on earth. "You cheated on me for someone else. Mother of God, I must be stupid if I still had the least bit of love left for you." He looked at her straight in the eyes,"You don't love me, Yirin. You never did."
 
"Yes I did!" She exclaimed back. “I did love you and I still do!”
 
"Really? Is that so?" He challenged. "You loved me so much that you fell into his temptation. You love me so much that you went against our vows and committed that horrible act with him?” He laughed out ridiculously and clapped his hands then pointed an accusing finger at her,“I’m guessing you love me so much that you were going to divorce me, huh?" He laughed out scathingly. "Man, some love you have!” He exclaimed wiping his believable tears of laughter,“Oh boy, am I getting it!"
 
Yirin looked at the beast in front of him. This was the hysteric monster in court that many feared, one that she personally never experiences until now. She couldn't believe it; were these words really coming out of his mouth? More so, did he mean them? She looked into his eyes, hoping that the thick wall of glass would shatter and expose his true warm self again; but to her avail, nothing showed up.
 
No smile.
 
No laugh.
 
Nothing.
 
Not a single thing. Just cold, hard, malice in disguise as her husband. This was no longer Kim Joonmyun, the definition of sunshine. No, this was Kim Joonmyun the man with intolerance and grudges. A sarcastic, evil, bad-mouthed man who’s words are filled with poison, toxins, and venom; piercing her heart with each word that escaped from his beautiful lips.
 
"Joonmyun," she meekly whispered with tears glistening in her eyes. "Why are you being like this?" She sincerely asked. "What happened to the gentle, loving Joonmyun that I fell in love with?"
 
Joonmyun smirked as he looked down,"You mean the mat that you walked over? The toy you threw away? The mutt you ignored for the Golden Retriever?" He looked at her with a loathsome glint in his eyes,"That man has finally cracked. Your vicious ways will no longer be a part of my daily routine.” He looked at her in the eyes sternly,“You, Han Yirin, are despicable and I hate you.” Joonmyun watched in hidden pain how she bit her bottom lip, trying to conceal the pain that his words gave her. He continued,“And our child?” He looked at how she perked up from the mention of their lost angel. “Hah!” He laughed aloud,“That was truly a great coverage! And to think I thought it was mine for a second! Please!” He hollered,“You could have ran off and slept with Kris for all I-"
 
Before even finishing, Yirin slapped his cheek with strenuous force. Yirin's eyes stung with tears as her breath grew heavy and uneven. "How dare you?" She quavered as a tear dripped from the corner of her red eyes. "That was our child, Joonmyun; our child." She emphasized. "Not Kris'. Not just mine; ours. " She looked at him in disbelief,“How dare you speak of our baby with such tone.” The tear drop trickled down her cheek as she left out a sigh of confusion and hurt,"What happened to you? Where's the Kim Joonmyun that I knew and fell in love for?"
 
Joonmyun looked at her with a careless aurora,“Stop trying to convince yourself that you love me, because you obviously don't.” His eyes expanded as he walked closer to her,“I have Minrin and you have Kris. Let's just settle it like that and not make things complicating.” He emphasized. “Plus,” he included,“I never could have loved a lying cheater anyway.”
 
That was the last straw for her. Yirin let out a heavy sigh as her tears spilled out of her eyes. She quickly wiped it away, feeling pathetic and looked at him,“Well don't we all have our share of mistakes.” Not even hesitating or thinking twice, she turned her back to him and walked away from him.
 
He watched as her heels clacked on the surface of the polished hospital floors as her cries echoed down the endless hallway. I’m sorry. I love you, please understand the truth behind this. He pleaded to himself. You shouldn’t love a dead man. If this was the way for you to hate me, then so be it.

 

Kris entered the architects' building, excited to pick Yirin up for lunch. Over the course of time that she's been with him, he had practically memorized her schedule so he could plan and spend more time with her. Her reached the front desk and leaned on over, "Is Yirin in?" He asked politely. 

Hayeon mentally groaned to herself. Never had she been so sick and tired of this man; how did Yirin manage to tolerate him, better yet love him? "Like I've told you many times," she said not breaking away from her typing, "That is personal information that I am not allowed to give out." She said in an arrogant manner. "Also," she closely included, "The whereabouts of my boss is nothing of your concern." She finished off. 
 
Kris scoffed in disbelief, "Are you kidding me? But she's my wife!" He proclaimed aloud. 
 
Hayeon looked up from her computer and stopped typing, "Ah, ah, ah," she wagged her index finger at him, "Not legally, you're just delusional." She interjected with a phony smile and continued her assignment. 
 
Kris lookedat the pesky assistant in disbelief. He crossed his arms and clicked his tongue, "Hayeon-sshi, why do you hate me?" He asked in a joking manner.  
 
Hayeon looked at him, "Why do you hate Joonmyun-sshi?" She replied back with a serious tone. Her facial expression showed no signs of humour or joke; the girl was dead serious. Kris stayed silent, wondering if she had really asked him that damn question. Noticing his lack of response, Hayeon continued to casually type her files, "That's what I thought."
 
Regaining is voice, Kris cleared his throat and have her an intimidating stare (though she didn't see it). "You know, you shouldn't be talking to me like that considering the fact that I can have you fired any time I want." 
 
From hearing his words, she stopped typing completely. She stood up, "Oh really now?" She leaned in closer to him, "And what makes you say that? The fact that you're Yirin's supposedly—" she said making air quotes, "—'husband' you think you have the power to fire her most beloved employee?"
 
He smirked at her, "You said it yourself, do you feel I do?"
 
Now it was her turn to smirk, "Of course not, Mr. Wu." She leaned forward, "Let's see who she gets rid of first. You or me?" She challenged. Hayeon cocked her eyebrow to the direction Yirin was coming from, "It seems that Mrs. Han has arrived." She said returning to her business voice. She bowed at her spot respectively, "Thank you and have a nice day."
 
Kris scoffed at her behavior, but nevertheless made his way to Yirin with a smile, "Hey babe, wanna have lunch?"
 
Yirin looked up, not noticing that he was there, and faked a smile, "No...I'm not hungry and it seems that my lunch is over." She lied as she opened the door to her office. 
 
"But-"
 
"Sorry, I've got a huge project I've gotta finish." She said quickly as she shut door of her office room in his face. 
 
Kris was puzzled. Lunch did not end until another half hour for her, and he was extra sure; he had double, triple, quadruple checked before he had arrived. He looked at the door with a frown, "I guess...." He mumbled before he turned his back, just about ready to leave. 
 
Before he did, he heard cries coming from her office. Kris' eyes widen. Her cries echoed and crescendo by the second. Wanting to see what was wrong, he grabbed the door handle but stopped himself. Don't do it, Yifan. He told himself. If she wanted to tell you, she would've told you herself. 
 
His hands slipped from the door handle and made it to his sides. He looked at the door again, hearing her heart-felt cries being muffled by her arms, or so he guessed. Kris turned away and walked out of the building, unsure as to why she was crying. 

Hey guys! Sorry for the loooong update. School just started and finals are coming up so this is the only time I can/will update. Anyway, back to the story. Yirin totally misunderstood. Joonmyun made it seem like the relationship was legit by saying such hurtful things to here. And ah, don't you guys just love Hayeon? Because I do, she's like the only person who is real with Kris. And Yirin has made up her decision: she love Joonmyun and is unhappy with Kris. But Joonmyun "has" Minrin :O Asdfghjkl everything's a mess!

Oh, and btw, it's not edit D: I was rushing to update for you guys >///u///<

Comments are motivating ^^ I love you guys!