Fancy seeing you again.

Boundaries of the Heart

Kris walked into the hospital was angry steps. "I'm so tired of this damn place," he hissed as he got out of the elevator. He walked into the waiting room and immediately his eyes made his way to Joonmyun, who was gripping onto the roots of his hair; praying a thousand apologizes. He scoffed and walked up to him, "Figured out you were gonna die so you thought of taking her with you also?"

"It wasn't like that," Joonmyun meekly replied, too tired to argue with him.
 
"Then what was it? Just a casual push to death?" Kris bitterly laughed, "You are evil, Kim Joonmyun. If anything happens to her, you shall live with the guilt for the rest of your useless and pathetic life, you hear me?" He harshly spat in pure loathe.
 
Joonmyun shut his eyes, letting each and every one of his words scar him like a knife. "I didn't mean it, I really didn't..." He whispered.
 
"Hah!" Kris sneered, "You didn't mean it yet you did it. You are truly a careless man. Think before your actions, has anyone not told you that? Or perhaps you lack common sense. My god, Kim Joonmyun, you are truly an idiot!" He repetitively jeered. "You are stupid, senseless, worthless, spiteful, ailing, and horrid. You don't deserve goodness in your unworthy life, especially Yirin."
 
"Relative of Han Yirin?"
 
From hearing this, both men looked at the doctor in complete synchronization. Joonmyun quickly stood up as he and Kris made his way towards him.
 
Dr. Shim looked at Kris and already he knew who that unfamiliar man was. He turned to Kris, "I wish to speak to Mrs. Han's husband, Mr. Kim, alone." He politely requested.
 
Kris noticed his scorn sign of dismissal and bowed, "Yes, I understand." He sent Joonmyun a scowl and walked back to the waiting room.
 
Joonmyun turned away from the devil and looked at the doctor with pleading eyes. "Doctor, how is she?" He asked, "Please tell me she's okay."
 
Dr. Shim took off his glasses and squeezed the bridge of his eyebrows, "I think it would be more appropriate to discuss these matters in my office."
 
Already Joonmyun felt himself feel dejected. Nevertheless, he obligated.
 
 
Once in the office, the doctor took in a deep sigh as he sat in his chair. "I'm sorry we did all we could."
 
Joonmyun's heart raced as he felt himself drown in a sea of guilt, "No, please," he begged in mercy, "Please tell me she's okay, please."
 
Dr. Shim sighed as he leaned back in his seat, "She is fine," he confirmed, making Joonmyun feel a bit at ease. "She has suffered minor head trauma along with a few scalp wounds and a bruise ribs but..." He paused, unable to continue.
 
"What is it?" Joonmyun asked, feeling a cold front run through his body.
 
The doctor took off his glasses and cleaned them. "Your child, " he put them back on, "Is gone."
 
Joonmyun froze, "Ch-Child?"
 
The doctor nodded, "I'm so sorry for your loss, I truly am. Since she was at the early stages of pregnancy, the child was very vulnerable and weak. The impact she received from hitting the fragile embryo was the cause of the miscarriage."
 
"Miscarriage?" Joonmyun shuttered from the doctor's confirmation. Was that what she wanted to tell me? He wondered. So that's why she was so happy. No wonder there was blood running down her legs. Joonmyun cried as he ran his hands through his hair. I'm a murderer of my own child!
 
Dr. Shim pat him on the shoulders, "I am truly sorry for your loss. If you wish to see her, you are welcome to see her in her room. She needs the most support she can get, especially at a time like this."
 
Joonmyun nodded and he sniffled his last tears, "Alright," he nodded to the doctor, "May I see her now?"
 
He stood up, "Absolutely." He led Joonmyun to Yirin's room. "However I may warn you that she is in an extreme state of despair so please try to understand her loss and grief."
 
Joonmyun nodded and bowed, "Thank you, doctor. I understand completely." Dr. Shim nodded and left him to himself. Joonmyun sighed and knocked on the door.
 
However, before he could have had a chance to knock, a familiar nurse opened the door just in time. "Oh, hello Mr. Kim Joonmyun-sshi, " the she politely greeted.
 
Joonmyun grinned and bowed, "Hello Hwang Minrin-sshi."
 
She smiled and bowed in return, "How's your health? You missed your check-up a few days ago." She paused then looked back at Yirin, "Ah, I shouldn't interrupt you." She stepped out from the room and looked at her wrist watch, "I've actually got something scheduled right now that I need to go to." She included. "However I will warn you that she is very sensitive right now. Her mental state of mind at the moment is unstable so be easy on her." She advised. 
 
Joonmyun nodded, "Got that, " he noted.
 
She pat him on the shoulder and made her way to the front desk.
 
Joonmyun knocked on the door. "Come in, " he heard Yirin call from inside. Carefully, he unturned the knob on the door and entered. Yirin looked at him and immediately she felt herself begin to decompose in serenity. Minrin had just come in to calm her down and soothe her essence about the miscarriage prior to his appearance; but already she felt herself begin to break down.
 
"Yirin-ah, " he softly called as he advanced towards her. He made his way to the side of her hospital bed and held her hands. She flinched from his sudden contact as she refused to look at him with direct eye contact. "Yirin, please, " he pleaded as his grasp on her hands tightened, "Please look at me."
 
The corner of her lips twitched, refusing to allow herself to cry. However, her eyes refused to follow suit as she felt a warm, salty tear of sorrow trickle down from the corner of her eye. She looked at Joonmyun with tears-filled eyes, "How can I look at you when you just killed the life inside of me that I've been yearning for years."
 
Joonmyun's heart squeezed in utmost pain seeing her in tears like this, but knowing the fact that he was the cause of her pain hurt him more. "Yirin, I'm sorry I didn't mean it. I-"
 
"You didn't mean it?" she outburst in emotion. She choked out a scoff and pulled his hands off of her, "Will your apologies bring me back my child?"
 
"Yirin I'm so sorry. I truly am. I was being impulsive and wasn't think straight. I didn't know that you were bearing a child-"
 
"Joonmyun!" She let out a cry, "That was our child, Joonmyun. Our child." She strongly emphasized. She broke down and cried, "Our child. Our Chijin; our Nayoung, Joonmyun. Where's our little family now? My dreams of becoming a mother were both achieved and destroyed by you." She sobbed, "My happiness was crushed as my future with our child diminished, all because of an impulsive act from you." She scornfully reminded.
 
Joonmyun held her, knowing that she was in need of comfort and support right now. He hugged her tightly, regardless of her resisting hits to his chest. "I'm so sorry, Yirin." He repeated, this time sniveling. He knew of her dreams of a little family. A son name Chijin and a daughter name Nayoung. He remembered when they were first married, she had talked about how that was the life she wanted: having a son named Chijin followed by a daughter named Nayoung. Chijin would possess his handsome and well-defined facial features with her soft, intriguing eyes. Meanwhile Nayoung would have have Yirin's delicate and angelic face with his plump lips; giving her an elegant trait from both parent.
 
Never did he think that he was the destructive agent of that dream. His lips trembled as his arms tightened around her in comfort, "I didn't know. I'm a terrible person. I'm so sorry, Yirin. Please don't cry. I love you and I'm sorry, please don't cry." He repeatedly soothed. 
 
Yirin fisted his shirt as she spilled her tears on his strong shoulders. "I hate you, " she mourned, "Why did you do that? I only stayed with you because I wanted to. Not because I was obligated to, you dummie." She said honestly. Yirin choked on her cries as her tears streamed down her face, "Why did I fall back in love with you? I could've just divorced you like how I originally planned and live happily with Kris."
 
"Then why didn't you?" He asked as he pulled away from her and wiped her tears away. His face to hers and subtly caressed her cheeks, "Why didn't you just leave me to die alone? Why did you come back to me and suffer along side?"
 
Yirin looked at him with a pained expression, "Because I love you and I didn't have the heart to neglect you like that." She answered. "The time that I have spent with you made me realize how much I miss and love you. This pregnancy was a confirmation for me to stay with you." She felt her eyes burning with tears threatening to fall, "But now our little blessing is gone. My chance at motherhood-gone."
 
Joonmyun stayed silent and looked at her. His hands fell to his sides. "I'm sorry, " he whispered in despair as he shook his head, "I didn't know. I didn't mean it. I'm sorry, " he repeated over and over again. "If I had known, I would have never done this. I wasn't-"
 
"Just go, please."
 
A sudden pang hit him right in the heart. The sentence came out in a soft raspy whisper, like a gentle breeze blowing in the woods, yet, it attacked Joonmyun's heart like a ferocious, unrelenting hurricane. 
 
"I can't look at you right now, " she looked away as tears dripped down her chin. 
 
Joonmyun sighed in defeat. Words weren't going to get him out of this situation, much like his job. This was life and life has no easy way out; even words fail to do so. He turned his back from her and walked towards the door but turned back hoping she'd stop him and perhaps give him a "I forgive you" or a "Give me time to think." However he received nothing but silence, that silence that pierced his heart to holes. 
 
Joonmyun stepped out and was surprised to see Kris. In his arms, he had a bouquet of her favorite flowersCasablanca cerise light pink lilies decorated with baby breaths and small white rosesand an assortment of beautiful pastel balloons. In his left arm, he had a miniature life size of a golden Rilakkuma stuffed bear; her absolute favorite items. 
 
Kris looked at Joonmyun in astonishment. He had heard everything that had occurred in that room. "Are you happy now? Are you satisfied with taking the life of an innocent fetus?!" He angrily shouted. Kris exhaled a shaky breath with deeply clenched teeth. "A life. An unborn baby. A child; your child. Not even having the chance to develop or grow yet and yet you've managed to kill all the hopes and dreams of that poor being."
 
Joonmyun looked down in shame. He couldn't argue with the other because he was at fault. He had killed his own child. 
 
Kris scoffed, "You, Kim Joonmyun, are the true definition of evil." He walked up to him and looked down at him with all superiority, "Why don't you all just do us a favor and die alone." He brushed pass his shoulders but stopped to turn back at the other, "And this time, try not to kill someone while you're at it you murderer."
 
Kris entered the hospital room and immediately, Joonmyun heard the cries that erupted from Yirin upon seeing the other man's appearance. In grievous joy, he heard the thankfulness in her voice. How grateful she was to see him. Compared to his greeting from Yirintears, sobs, regrets, and painJoonmyun wished he could have received the same treatment. "I'll never compare to him, " he sighed in devastation, "Maybe I'll never be at his level. I'm not fit for her. Maybe he is right: I'm not worthy of her."
 
His dire thoughts were interrupted when his phone rang. He looked at the caller I.D. and was surprised to see that it was from Kyungsoo. He cleared his throat before answering, "Hel-"
 
"Where are you?" He was greeted with. "Did I not make it clear that we had a new case today? Hurry, the client is already here." Kyungsoo urged. 
 

"Awe man, I totally forgot, " he groaned, "I'll be there as soon as I can." He hung up abruptly and stuffed the phone in his pocket. He took a step, ready to depart, but stopped and looked back at the door with a tug of hesitation. Joonmyun listened as her cries were minimized by Kris's soothing shushes. "I have nothing to worry about since she's with him now. He can give her everything I can't." He looked down and sighed, "Not even my life." He walked away from the room stealthily. 

 
Joonmyun adjusted his clustered tie around his neck; not having Yirin there to fix it for him was a challenge. Watching YouTube videos were no help, considering the fact that he was not a video learner. After ruffling with his shirt in attempt to fix it, he cleared his throat as his grip on his suitcase tightened. "Okay, new case. Personal issues must not interfere with work." He took a deep breath and twist the door knob open, "Sorry I was late." He shut the door behind him and say down, "I was-" he stopped and looked at the seemingly familiar new client. Her back profile was one that he's seen frequently. "Minrin-sshi?" he guessed.
 
The woman turned around and faced him. Unlike her usual bun, her hair, now down, was a wavy cascade of caramel brown curls. Instead of scrubs, she was now dressed in a sophisticated attire: a tight but well-fitted tan pencil skirt that stopped just above her knees, along with a chic white blouse sequined at the straps topped with a classy set of pearl necklace and matching earrings.
 
She stood up in bewilderment, "Wow, haven't I seen you an awful lot lately?" She chuckled, "Fancy seeing you again."
 
Kyungsoo looked at the two in confusion. He looked at Joonmyun, then at Minrin, then back at Joonmyun. "Do you two know each other?" He obviously asked.
 
Joonmyun smiled then took a seat next to his partner, "Yeah, she was my nurse when I was staying at the hospital." Joonmyun looked at her in amazement, "Wow, I didn't expect to see you here."
 
"As I didn't expect that you'd be my lawyer, " she responded back with a light chuckle, "And now it's your turn to help me, nice how things play out."
 
Being reminded of their position, Joomyun brought back his sophistication. "So what exactly is it that you needed?" He asked.
 
She sighed as she crossed her legs in her seat, "I want a restraining order from my abusive boyfriend, Kim Jongin."

Hello everyone! So, I have included a new character. Ms. Hwang Minrin, the stunning nurse from chapter 4. Keep track of her, okay? She's going to play a significant role in this story. Also, sadly, the baby is gone. I'm sorry to those who wanted baby to live ): So now what's up with Yirin? Will she forgive Joonmyun or will she go back to Kris willingly? Oh, and to those Kai stans, yep sorry guys but he's Minrin's abusive boyfriend. Lol.

Wow, a huge flood of subscribers just came to me :O How did this happen? Oh my gosh I'm so blessed with all of you! Who do I go to thank? I'm curious, who was the one that brought you here. Because I know at this rate, all you 30+ people didn't just coincidentally find my story. 

/sobs/ Let me love you all, you guys make me so happy!
I hope you all decide to comment and send me more love. I honestly cannot be more happy with you guys! I love you all so darn much asdfghjkl ♥