7.

Shorty me and the tall bastard

 

Zelo’s POV

I stood up and took a deep breath. Somehow it felt great after I had confessed to Minji even though we wouldn’t end up together but it was worth it. Of course I was sad that we she was taken but I think, if I really love, shouldn’t I keep smiling and be happy for her? That’s the least I could do, right? So I promised myself to move on.

I was about to walk away when something hard hit the back of my head. “OUCH~” I whined and touched the spot where I got hit. While rubbing my head, I could see a can rolling around beside my foot. “Yahhhhh why did you—“ I turned around to scold the person who threw the can at me to only see an angry Minji standing there, glaring at me.

I blinked a few times as I looked at her “YOU!” I jumped as she pointed at me, her eyes looking dangerous. “At least let me say a word, would you?? You kept interrupting me when I was about to speak, you idiot! Aiiiishhhh!!! So annoying!” Minji stomped her feet.

“Beside what boyfriend are you talking about??” She yelled. I raised an eyebrow and blinked at her. “Well, that boy you hugged in at the school gate…” I said remembering the scene where she was overjoyed to see that guy.

Minji let out a sigh and gritted her teeth. “Yah! Are you stupid?” Minji said with an annoyed tone, surprising me. “Stop assuming and get your facts right!” She mumbled looking away. *Okey, now I’m confused!* I looked at her, still waiting for her explanation but she didn’t say anything.

“Could you… tell me what you actually mean?” I asked clueless, rubbing my nape. “Babo!” She mumbled and walked closer to me. My eyes widened as she wrapped her arms around me, hugging me tightly. I stood there not moving an inch while asking myself if I wasn’t dreaming.

“Yah! That boy I hugged wasn’t my boyfriend!! Himchan oppa is my cousin, Mr. Idiot!”  She mumbled into my chest. Blinking for several times my brain needed time to process the whole situation. “You’re not joking are you?!” I laughed sarcastically, looking down at her.

“Oh, so you think I’m joking? Well then, forget what I’ve just said!” She said and let go, about to leave but I couldn’t let that happen. Grabbing her wrist, I pulled her back, making her collide with me. I wrapped my arms around the little Minji and hugged her. “Sorry… I… it’s just… I never thought you would like me back…” I grinned as she hugged me back.

“Who said that I like you?!” She looked up teasingly. “Well, didn’t you just… You hugged me!!” I began to panic. “Y-you don’t like me?” I asked, beginning to lose hope and let go of her. Minji quickly nodded. “Of course I don’t like you…” She grinned as I looked away biting my lower lip.

*What the hell were you thinking, Zelo? Of course she wouldn’t like you back* I yelled mentally, disappointed. “I don’t like you because I love you too!” Minji suddenly smiled brightly and pecked my cheeks, surprising me.

Minji pulled back and stood there shyly, grinning like an idiot. “Tch! Yah, dwarf, how dare you!” I chuckled at her as she laughed. “Stop calling me dwarf you jerk!” Minji said as she lightly punched my shoulder. “Why would I? Besides, my head still hurts because of this damn can!” I pointed at the thing still lying on the ground.

“Blame yourself!” Minji stuck her tongue out, saying ‘Mehrong’ and laughed like a little kid. I watched her chuckled before taking her hand, intertwining mine with hers. “I love you, smurf!” I whispered into her ear and kissed her forehead. Minji chuckled and whipered back, “I love you too, tall bastard!”  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yaaaaahhhh, stop right there jerk!!!” A girl’s voice shouted as she ran around the canteen, chasing after the tall boy. Zelo laughed aloud as he ran around the tables, trying to get away from the little angry girl.

Students were all staring at the both of them, wondering what happened. But no one of them complained about the two being loud because they were all used to it.It would be a miracle if Minji and Zelo didn’t fight for a day.

Zelo stopped behind a table, trying to catch his breath as Minji stood on the other side, glaring at him. Both of them had a hard time to breathe because of their running. “C’mon, don’t be angry! You look cute!” The boy chuckled, looking at her face that was smeared with ketchup because of him. “Well then let’s see if your face looks cute with my punch!” Minji smirked and continued to run after him.

“Really, I can’t believe these two are actually a couple!” Yongjae shook his head as he watched from the table where he was sitting Jongup, Daehyun and Ye Eun. “I agree, they’re more like enemies, don’t you think?!” Ye Eun laughed as she was amused with the way Zelo and Minji treated each other.

Nothing much changed between the two of them beside the fact that they started dating. Zelo would continue teasing her and Minji would play the furious girlfriend. As for Ye Eun and the other boys, they were getting along very well and became good friends.

“I told you stop running!!” Minji yelled through the canteen as she was still running around. “Mehrong!” Zelo briefly looked back as he was running until Minji caught him. The girl hugged his waist and smirked. “Now let me punish you!!” She said evilly

“HYUNG!! HELP MEEEE!!!”