5.

Shorty me and the tall bastard

 

Zelo’s POV

Eversince that day where I accidently confessed to Minji the two of us became awkward. Well, it wasn’t exactly a confession, I just said my mind aloud, that’s all. But then again it sounded like a confession. Since that day, I tried to avoid Minji as much as possible because I wasn’t ready to face her yet. I wasn’t really sure about my feeling toward her so I needed some distance so I could think it thoroughly.

Even though I told myself that I wouldn’t talk to her until I figured out my feelings for her, it was hard for me to ignore her in the hallways when the both of us would coincidently meet. Whenever Minji tried to approach me I would turn around and walk away or pretend that I’m busy. I felt guilty, ignoring her like that but I was afraid to face her.

Like always, I was sitting in the canteen with my friends at lunch break. And like usually, girls would bother us, trying to make a conversation between me and my Hyungs and of course we would ignore them.

“Yah maknae, Minji arrived!” Daehyun hyung poked me as he nodded toward the canteen entrance where she walked in. “So what?” I asked and frowned at him. “Aish babo! Just tell her that you like her!” Youngjae said without looking at me, eating his lunch happily. “But I’m not very sure about it yet!” I pouted and looked down at my fingers.

“If you don’t tell her soon, some idiot might snatch her away!” Jongup said seriously. “You know, Minji is cute, pretty and smart, not to forget her good personality! If you don’t make it faster, you’ll end up watching her being happy with another guy!” Jongup said as he looked at me.

Jongup was right. She was indeed cute pretty and smart and the boys in my class were all admiring her. But I was afraid that she wouldn’t return my feelings. “Now, don’t be a coward and talk to her!” Daehyun said and pulled me up before pushing me toward the table where Minji was sitting at.

Slowly I made my way toward Minji as the other girls were staring at me, wondering where I’m heading to. As I slowly got closer to her table I suddenly stopped walking. Biting on my lower lips, I turned around and walked back to my friends. “I can’t do this!! I’m not ready to tell her yet!” I whined as I sat back down on my chair.

“Fine, don’t do it! But afterwards, don’t come crawling back, crying your eyes out because you’re too late!” Youngjae looked at my pouting face before standing up. “I’m heading to classroom, see you later!” He waved and left the canteen. Daehyun too, stood up and followed Youngjae. “Jae is right!” He said before walking away.

I let out a sigh and looked at Jongup. But just like the others, he stood up and patted my back, leaving me alone. “Yeah, just leave! I don’t want to talk you guys either!” I pouted and looked at their back that was slowly disappearing as they walked. *Tch! What helpful hyungs they are!* I pouted and sat there alone at the table.

 

-After school-

 

“So do you guys have plans today?” Jongup hyung asked and slammed his locker shut, looking at me and the others. “Nope!” Daehyun answered shortly. “My parents aren’t at home! Let’s hang out at my place!” Youngjae grinned as the four of us were looking at each other. “Sounds good to me!” Dae Hyung nodded so did Jongup and I.

As the four of us were leaving the school building, talking about things, Jung up suddenly nudged me. “Yah, Joonhong! Isn’t that you’re little Minji?” Jongup asked pointing at a girl that was happily hugging a guy. My eyes widened. It was really Minji. I don’t know why but suddenly I felt as if my heart was being ripped apart. I can’t explain why but I didn’t like this feeling for sure.

Minji’s POV

“Oh my god!! OPPAAAA!!” My eyes widened as I saw him standing at the school gate, waving happily at me. Without hesitation I ran toward that boy, giving him a bear hug. “Woah, woah, woah! Are you that excited to see me?” He chuckled as he hugged me back. “What are you doing here?” I asked him with a bright smile. “Picking you up, what else?” He grinned and pinched my cheek.

“I missed you so much, oppa! I haven’t seen you for god knows how long!” I frowned and pouted. “And Yongguk thought that you were kidnapped!” I said as I looked at his face. “Hahaha, sorry! I was kinda busy lately! I missed you too, baby girl!” He gave me a big smile. “Now, let Himchan oppa drive his little Minji home!” He winked at me as the both of us headed to the car.