3.

Shorty me and the tall bastard

 

Zelo’s POV

 It was Saturday and my parents were off, visiting their old friend. That’s the reason why I was alone at home. Sitting on the couch, I pouted while switching the channel, looking for something interesting to watch but there were only boring talk shows. Turning the TV off, I went to fetch my jacket and put on my shoes. Since there was nothing to do at home, I decided to go out for a walk.

Without a destination, I began to walk. Actually, it’s kinda nice to be alone once in a while. While walking I thought about things that never really crossed my mind. It was pleasant to be able to visit the park once in a while too.

After strolling around for good 30 minutes, I headed to a store to buy drinks. “Kyaa!” I heard a girl squeal as I was on my way. The voice was really familiar so I looked around. At that moment, I found Minji sitting on the ground. *Looks like she fell down* I chuckled and ran over to her. She was cursing with a low voice without noticing me.

“Need some help?” I asked and extended a hand to her. After seeing me she frowned but held my hand anyway. I helped Minji up and she dusted her clothes. “Our little Mini here isn’t just short but also clumsy!” I grinned at her. “Tch! I didn’t fell down! The floor just needed a hug!” She stuck her tongue out. “Where are you heading to?” I finally asked her as she began to walk away from me. “None of your business!” She said but I still followed her.

Even though the little Minji knew that I was behind her, she didn’t say anything and just ignored me. Soon, I noticed that we arrived at a convenience store and she entered it. Following her, I already forgot that I was supposed to by some drinks for me too.

“Now, can you stop following me?” She turned around, facing me and raised her eyebrows. “Maybe?!” I grinned at Minji who rolled her eyes, walking away. I guess she realized that it was useless to be annoyed so she ignored me.

“Say, what are you doing today?” I rubbed my nape with one hand, the other slipping in my pocket. “And why would you want to know?” She looked at the snacks, deciding what to buy. “Just want to ask. I have nothing to do... so… wanna hang out with me?” I shrugged. And for that moment, she turned around, with wide open, she stared at me.

“You. Zelo. The annoying brat. You want to hang out with me???” Minji pointed at herself and raised her eyebrows. “No!” She turned around and acted as if I never asked her that question. “Why?? It’s boring! I have nothing to do!!” I whined. “What about your friends? Don’t you have any?” She grabbed some Pocky chocolates and tossed them in the shopping basket. “No!” I said, even though we both knew very well that I had friends. “Foever alone!” She muttered.

As we left the store, Minji was about to walk home when she noticed that I was still following her. “Ok now, what the hell do you want???” She yelled, stomping her feet. “I told you, let’s hang out together!” I said innocently. “I don’t get you!” The girl shook her head and sighed.

“What don’t you get?” I asked her. “Why do you tease me at school and now that you’re boring, you want to play with me? The girl you call dwarf?” She crossed her arms. “Well…” I heaved a sigh. She was right. Why did I follow her? Why did I want to spend time with her? Why didn’t I just let her be? All those questions crossed my mind. When I saw her the moment she fell down, I just didn’t feel like leaving her. And when she got annoyed as I followed her, I wanted to stay even more.

Standing there, I snapped back to reality when I noticed that she was walking away from me. “Wait!” I called and ran after Minji to grab her arm, stopping her. “I… I’m sorry! About… Irritating you… annoying you… teasing you… Just… sorry for everything!” I said looking down at her hand as I didn’t dare to look into her eyes.

She still didn’t move and just stood there frozen without giving me an answer. “C’mon! I’ll buy you ice cream!” I tilted my head and looked at her. Breathing out loud, Minji gave up. “OK!”

“BUT! You have to buy me dukkbokki too!” She narrowed her eyes at me, making me chuckle. “Sure!” I smiled.