4.

Shorty me and the tall bastard

 

Minji’s POV

“Yaaaaahhhh… I never knew you can eat that much! No wonder you look like a little pig!” Zelo stared at my empty plate on the table. I was sitting across of him in restaurant nearby the convenient store, glaring at him. He found it fascinating how I could finish the large portion of dukkbokki that we ordered just a while ago. “Tch! There’s no way I look like a pig!! And of course I have to eat much since you’re paying for it, right?!” I raised my eyebrow. “Oh, and don’t forget about the ice cream you promised me!” I smirked and folded my arms, looking at the boy who sat across of me. Zelo sighed and glared at me.

“Aiiisshhh… aren’t you afraid of getting fat?” Joon Hong asked me. I grinned at him. Looks like he was worried about the money. I smirked as I stared at Zelo. “If I get fat I can work out!” I shrugged and smiled at him. Zelo sighed and took a look into his purse before looking back at my face. “Alright, alright! Let’s get some ice cream!”

After paying for the dukkbokki, the both of us made our way to an ice cream stall. There was an awkward silence when we were walking so I looked around, thinking of a topic to talk about. I didn’t like the silence between us so I faked a cough. As I looked at Zelo, he quickly looked away. As if he wanted to avoid my eyes, that boy looked everywhere but me.

Looking at Zelo, I blinked a few times. “Yah… Tell me…” I started the conversation. “Why do you always tease me? I mean calling me smurf, shorty, mini or dwarf? I mean what’s the point in it? What do you get for irritating and annoying me?” I asked him honestly. I was waiting curiously for his answer as he looked up. “Oh we’re here!” He pointed at the ice cream stall and ran up to it, buying us ice cream.

I walked up to him who was paying for the ice cream. Zelo gave one to me and began to his own ice cream. “I asked you something! Now answer me!” I frowned at him who didn’t want to tell me. Instead of saying something he started to walk to the park. “Yahh! I’m asking you something here!” I yelled and followed him. Letting out a sight, he sat down on a bench.

“Actually, I don’t even know why I’m doing it!” He said and shook his head. I looked and raised my eyebrows. Wasn’t it kinda weird? I mean, it’s not like I would annoy someone for no reason. “I don’t know why but… you kinda look cute when you’re mad or angry at me…” He said shyly and looked away.*Wait, wait, wait!!! What did he say???* My eyes widened and I looked at Zelo who was staring down at his fingers, the ice cream finished already.

“It’s just… well… when you’re annoyed or mad, don’t you think about me?” He scratched the back of his neck and looked away shyly. *What’s that?? Is he blushing???* I looked at him. I narrowed my eyes suspiciously. “Yah, do you like me??” I tilted my head and looked at Jello who had his eyes wide open.

“W-What?? D-don’t think that I… I-l-liked you just because I…!” He began to stutter. I looked at him, still waiting for him to finish his sentence. “Aiiishhhh!!! I don’t like you!!!” He yelled and stood up, running away without even looking back. *Tch! What’s wrong with him? I was just asking.* I looked at his running figure and shrugged.

 

Zelo’s POV

“Aaiishhh!! Choi Joon Hong!! What was that?? Because you think of me?? How embarrassing could you be??” I scolded myself and ruffled my hair. “She must think that I’m weird!!” I sighed and didn’t stop walking. That was the most embarrassing thing I’ve ever said. But I don’t know… It just slipped out of my mouth and I said it without thinking much.

“Aiiishhh!” I frowned and slightly slapped my lips. “How could you say something like that??” People around me were looking as if I was insane but I didn’t care. The only thing that bothered me right now was the little confession I made.

As I arrived at the apartment, I opened the door and stepped in. Slamming the door shut, I took off my shoes. “Oh, You’re home?!” I heard a voice and looked up. Seeing Daehyun, Jongup and Youngjae standing in front of me, my jaw dropped. “H-how did you get in here?” I asked, obviously confused. My parents weren’t here and the door was locked so how the hell did they get in here?

Youngjae held up the key in front of me, waving with it. “We found the spare key under the door mat!” He smirked. I sighed and rolled my eyes “Remind me to find another hideout for the spare key!” I mumbled and went to the living room, letting myself falling on the couch. “Where were you?” Jongup asked as he sat beside me, turning on the TV.

Remembering Minji and what happened, I let out a loud sigh. “What’s wrong?” Daehyun asked, looking at me briefly before looking back at the TV. “I told Minji that she’s cute when she’s mad!” I mumbled…

….

…..

 “WHAT?????” Three of them yelled at once.