6.

Shorty me and the tall bastard

Zelo’s POV

It’s been three days since I saw Minji and her boyfriend at the school date and ever since I felt like my life was colorless. My hyungs were right. I should’ve confessed to her instead of being confused. I should’ve told her how I really felt for her and make her mine. But I, Choi Joonhong, I had to be a coward just because I was afraid that she wouldn’t like me back. And I hate myself for that.

Sometimes I asked myself, what if I had told her sooner, that I liked her. What if I hadn’t avoided her? Or what if I never blurted out that I liked her in the first place? Well, I guess if this whole sh!t didn’t happen then Minji and I would probably be arguing right now just like we used to.

“C’mon, don’t be like this! You’re not even sure if it’s really her boyfriend!” Daehyun tried to comfort me as the four of us were sitting at the roof top. “Didn’t you see her happy face when she saw him? Of course it’s her boyfriend!” I sighed looking at the white clouds that where above. “Maybe he was just her brother, yeah, her brother!” Jongup smiled trying to cheer me up.

“Hyung, I’m living living next door to her and she has only one brother which is Yongguk hyung!” I rolled my eyes. Jongup bit his lower lip and looked down, deciding not to say a word anymore. “You know what?” Yongjae began to speak as he looked at me. I blinked and looked back at hyung. “You should confess to her!”

I rolled my eyes and heaved a sigh “Hyung, she has a boyfriend!!” I stated the obvious. “Why? Yongjae is right! You never know if he’s just an old friend. And even if they’re together, you should at least let her know about your feelings toward her!” Daehyun said and ruffled my hair. I let out a long sigh and looked at the blue sky again. “Maknae, give it a try!” Jongup winked at me. *Should I really tell her?*

Minji’s POV

It was break time and Ye Eun and I were sitting at a small table in the canteen. Ye Eun was eating her food happily and carelessly while I was sitting there, deep in thoughts. It’s been a long time since I’ve argued with Zelo. To be exact, it was only a week but it felt like months to me.

To be honest, it felt weird not to argue and fight with Zelo and I had to admit that I missed him. I guess I got used to him annoying and teasing me. Now that he’s avoiding me, I feel like my days without him were incomplete.

“Minni, aren’t you going to eat this?” Ye Eun asked out of nowhere, pointing at my lunch box that was still on the table, waiting for me to open it. I smiled and shook my head. “I’m not hungry…” I murmured and my dry lips. “Can I have it then?” Ye Eun looked at me with her puppy eyes. At that moment she looked like a little kid begging for candies. Like people say, friends buy you lunch but best friends eat your lunch.

“Sure, go on!” I chuckled and shoved my lunch box toward her. Sometimes I would complain how god was being unfair. I mean, look at Ye Eun! She could eat whatever and how much she wants but still looking like a super model without going to the gym while I had to exercise every day.

-After school-

I stood in front of my locker, stuffing it with books that I didn’t need for homework. Minji was already running home because her aunt from Busan arrived a while ago to visit them which means I had to walk home alone today. I blew my bangs as I shut the locker, walking toward the exit and leaving the school building.

“M-Minji!” I heard and stopped walking, slowly turning around. Seeing Zelo standing there, my heart began to beat a little faster. “Can we… talk?” He asked and looked into my eyes. I swallowed hard before nodding slowly.

The both of us were walking to a bench, sitting down beside each other. I kept my mouth shut and Joonhong didn’t say a word as well. After a while Zelo cleared his throat and began to speak. “Sorry… that I avoided you the whole week…” He looked down and started playing with his fingers.

“It’s just… I needed time to sort out my mind!” Zelo said, biting his lower lip. I slowly lifted my head and stared at him as he talked. “I was confused. I was confused with my feeling because it’s the first time for me to like someone. But… as I realized that I love you, it’s too late!”

My heart began to beat too fast for my liking and I could feel my cheeks turning red. He just confessed to me, leaving me speechless. Still, I couldn’t help but frown. What did he mean by ‘It’s too late’? “I’m sorry… I know that you have a boyfriend. But I just wanted to let you know that I lik- no, I love you!” He said and looked into my eyes.

*Wait! What do you mean with boyfriend?? I don’t have a boyfriend* I yelled in my mind. “I-“ I wanted to speak but was interrupted by him. “It’s Ok! I don’t expect you to like me back!” He smiled but I could see that it was fake. “No, you-“ and again I was interrupted. “I hope you’re happy with him! And sorry for teasing  you, I will stop from now on!” He forced a smile before standing up…