2.

Shorty me and the tall bastard

Minji’s POV

“Hey, Mini! Heading to school?” I heard as I left the apartment early in the morning. Without looking , I could tell who it was. “Stop, bothering me in the morning! I’m still tired!” I warned Zelo with a poker face, not looking at him. Since my brother was already at his workplace, I had to lock the door. Once I was done doing it, I left the apartment building, being followed by Zelo.

“Mini! Why so fast?” He asked as he ran up to me. “To be away from you, why else?!” I said annoyed trying to walk even faster than I already was. “You know, I don’t get why you hate me so much when other girls would die to be in your place.” Zelo stated, trying to keep my pace. But being a tall kid with long legs, it was easy for him.

“You know, I don’t get why girls like you so much when there are boys, hotter than you out there!” I mimicked him still walking fast. “Besides I’m not ‘other girls’! I’m Bang Minji!” Zelo stopped walking for a moment. Not being bothered by it, I continued to walk without looking at that idiot.

After 15 minutes of walking, I arrived at the school gate, seeing my crazy friend who was already waving at me. I smiled widely as I ran up to her. “Ye Eun, Annyeong!” I hugged her when she greeted me back. We made our way inside the school building and headed to our lockers. “I hate chemistry!” She suddenly whined as she took out her book from the locker. “Ye Eun, I’ve heard that sentence more than 100 times!” I shook my head and closed my locker.

“I can’t help it!” she pouted. “C’mon, let’s head to classroom!” I said. But before I could take a step, girls came running our way.

 

“Oh my god, he’s here!”

“Oppa, did you sleep well?”

“Joon Hong –ah, let’s eat lunch together today, yeah?!”

“Oppa, be my boyfriend!”

 

Girls were screaming as if they just saw Big Bang’s T.O.P or Super Junior’s Siwon topless. It kinda disgusted me, seeing girls all around him. Some of them are even calling him ‘oppa’ even though they’re older than him.  “What’s so great about him? He’s a dumb giant, nothing more!” I scoffed, watching how he was trying to escape from his fan girls.

“Tch, just because you’re short, doesn’t mean you can call other giants!” Ye Eun laughed. “Hey, I’m not short! People are just too tall!” I frowned. “Whatever, let’s go to class before the bell rings!” Ye Eun rolled her eyes with a smile, dragging me away from the lockers.

First class was chemistry which wasn’t really Ye Eun’s favorite subject. Even though I don’t like it either, I could still survive the first hour without falling asleep or being scolded because I didn’t pay attention.

After five cruel hours of school, the bell rang, telling it was lunch break. “FINALLY!! I’m starving!” I yelled as I packed up my things. Students were already rushing out the classroom, probably running to the canteen trying to get a table beside the kingkas, including Jello.

Ye Eun and I were walking down the hallway to the canteen, talking about this and that. Like normal people we were laughing at the jokes the two of us were making. Arriving at the canteen, we found an unoccupied table and sat down. Of course girls were only staring at one table, the one where Zelo and his friends were sitting at. I didn’t pay attention to them and ate my food while talking to Ye Eun.

Zelo’s POV

“Gaawwd, I hate these fan girls! I can’t even eat my lunch in peace!” I frowned, playing with the food in front of me. “You’re not the only one here!” Daehyun hyung muttered. “Well, we can’t change the fact that we’re kingkas!” Youngjae shrugged, closing the book he just read. “I never asked to be one!” Jongup sighed, trying to ignore the girls who were giving him stares.

“They’re so annoying and ugly! All of them are boring!” I said, resting my head on my and, looking at the girls who were giggling at me. “Of course you don’t like them! You only have eyes for that Minji girl!” Jongup grinned. “No, I’m not!” frowned at hyung. Soon all of them were smirking at me.

“If you don’t like her then why are you bothering her? Unless you like her, trying to get her attention!” Youngjae smiled looking at Minji who was sitting nearby with her friend. “Yongjae is right, you totally like her!” Daehyun said bumping my shoulder with his.

“I-I don’t like her! I-it’s just funny how she’s getting annoying!” I explained. *Why am I stuttering? I don’t like her* “I for fun, not because I like her!” I said, folding my arms. “Of course you don’t like her…” Daehyun said making me smile in victory. “… You just lover her!” he continued. My smile disappeared, replaced by my narrowing eyes.

“Whatever, just wait! One day you will be crawling to us, asking for advice how to make her yours!” Jongup hyung winked at me. “No way! That’s not going to happen!” I yelled. *Never! I will never fall for a dwarf like her!*