Blissful Arguments

First Love

 

Their relationship wasn’t really a harmonious one. They disagreed on almost everything every single day. Sometimes they get so mad that even Jonghyun and Kibum got equally upset with one another as well. They had too many differences between them like fire and water. But there was one similarity that they shared—Minho and Taemin were crazy about each other; that was enough for them to make up after each argument.

“Can you stop arguing with Taemin? Man, what’s wrong with you?” Jonghyun asked in annoyance and he shrugged it off.

“Do you know what’s the difference between Taemin and I and you two?”

“What?”

“We fight passionately while you guys make out passionately. Arguing is pure bliss and enjoyment.”

“Damn damn. Choi Minho is mad.” He shook his head and passed the half-filled cup of coffee to Minho, “Anyway, I heard that his father wants to meet you.”

Minho questioned him after that and Taemin told him that it wasn’t really necessary. He didn’t know why and insisted on meeting his parents out of respect. Reluctantly, Taemin brought him to his house, foreseeing the huge thunderstorm ahead of them. It did happen eventually. Minho looked at him, feeling sceptical and a little mad.

“You didn’t tell me your dad is the boss of some mining company.” He whispered while they made their way into the garden.

“You didn’t ask me.”

Minho froze at the sight of his parents and slivered a forceful smile to hide his anxiety. He finally knew why. He finally knew what the differences between them were. All the petty fights and arguments they had all summed up to one thing; Taemin deserved a much better life that Minho could not provide him with.

“Good afternoon.” He bowed and shook Mr. Lee’s hand, while Mrs. Lee pecked him on his cheeks.

“Good afternoon young man. Let’s sit down and have lunch, shall we?” Taemin’s mother led him to the table and introduced him to the rest of the guests. All the rich scumbags that weren’t even a bit as humble as Taemin was. They took puffs of cigar and enjoyed the medium rare steak on their china porcelain dishes. Minho was a little furious when he spotted Taemin clearing his throat in discomfort.

“So, what do you do for a living?” One of the gentlemen sitting right next to Taemin asked.

“I…I take charge of the harvests and send it to town.” Yea, it didn’t sound that bad. Minho became a little too self conscious for a moment.

“Oh, I guess we work hand in hand. My father owns a shipping company for rice and wheat. How much do you earn?”

“About a dollar per hour.” Minho replied honestly and everyone looked at him in silence—painful and shameful silence.

“You must be a really humble man.” Mr. Lee replied and that was the end of their conversation. They stayed on for barely an hour before taking a leave to their horse stable in silence. Taemin did not start a conversation with Minho despite having the strong urge to explain how sorry he was.

“Can you talk to me, Minho? You know how sorry I was.”

“Wow… you have a horse stable.” Minho patted a black horse next to him and fed it with some hay. “This is a beauty.”

“Her name is Amelie.” Taemin whimpered and became even more upset, “Can you answer me?”

“Can we go on a horse ride with Amelie?”

Minho ignored his question completely and he started crying.

“Can you please answer me, Minho. Please, I’m begging you.”

“What do you want me to say, Taemin?”

“Tell me you are fine. Tell me this doesn’t even bother you.”

He finally snapped. He pinned Taemin against the wall and shouted at him. Minho shouted at Taemin almost every day, calling him a freaking childish but this was different. He was in pain. They were both in pain.

“I AM NOT FINE TAEMIN, HOW COULD I BE FINE?”

Taemin started crying but he did not try to comfort him. Minho shouted even louder and banged his fist on the wall.

“This is the difference between us, love. You are sixteen now with a bright future ahead. You will attend the best college and lead a great life. But me? What about me? I am eighteen and I will be stuck here forever.”

“I don’t have to go anywhere Minho. I can farm and starve with you. I can do anything with you.”

“But I no longer see us…” The older boy began tear too. Taemin wiped his tears away and he continued, “I don’t see our future together. I can’t see it anymore.”

He kissed Minho’s tears away and made a trial to his lips.

“But I can see it.”

“Oh Taemin…” He parted his lips as Taemin continued kissing him. Moving away from the wall, they fell on a pile of hay and hastened the speed of their love making. They kissed and removed their clothing one by one, feeling a little embarrassed over the presence of Amelie. Just as Minho lifted Taemin’s legs onto his shoulders, he began to panic.

“M…Minho?” Wiggling his toes, he removed his legs from Minho’s shoulders and closed them tightly together. He wasn’t ready. “I am not ready Minho. I’m sorry.”

“Oh.” He looked a little embarrassed over the rejection and shifted himself away from Taemin. “I’m sorry I got a little carried away.”

“It’s…it’s okay.” Minho helped pull his boxers up and buttoned his pastel blue shirt, in admiration of his lover’s scent. Just as they made their way out of the stable with Amelie, Mrs Lee stood outside waiting for them. She must have heard everything.

“Mum.” Taemin stumbled.

“Where are you children going?”

“Just going on a ride with Amelie.” Minho replied with a smile and patted the horse’s back, “I hope you wouldn’t mind.”

“Why, or course not!” What she really mind was leaving Taemin and Minho together. She adored the boy definitely, but seeing him with her son made her think otherwise. In her eyes, he was nothing but trash, just like that puppy love she had for a man at their age. It was easy to fall for a man like Minho at Taemin’s age, that youthful smile and witty kisses could easily make anyone’s heart flutter.

As she watched her son riding off on the horse with Minho sitting closely behind him, Mrs. Lee shook her head and walked away, trying her best to think of a lie to tell her husband. Taemin laughed heartily when he was with Minho, just like how she did with that man.

She loved laughing. But after marrying Taemin’s father, her laughter stopped all together.

“You said you can see our future.” Minho leaned his head on Taemin’s shadow as the horse galloped towards the lake.

“Yes I can. You don’t know how much you really mean to me, Minho.”

“How much?”

“So much more, even if a pain in the like you scared the hell out of me just now.”

“I’m sorry childish .” Minho snorted and landed kisses on his neck. “You know how much I love you.”

“Then don’t be so mean anymore. I will get angry if you do that ever again.”

“There’s more you have to face if you’re with me. I will make you as angry as possible every single day.”

 

A/N: Hehehehehe. I don’t really like writing long chapters just as much as how I dislike reading long fictions on the internet. It makes me bored after a while so…. Bear with it ;)

Anyway, I need some help here. Feeling all confused. I was casted as a model on the streets and I might be going for an audition tomorrow. I have no idea if I should go for it though. Tell me what I should do? ><