Can't help falling in love

First Love

 

It was 1950 when they first met.

During the golden years right after war, their small town by the fringe of the capital was prospering and everyone was caught up in their small little lives to make a living. The son of a rich man with a mining company was basking in wealth, his life served to him in a silver platter. While just a mile away, another child whom was barely 18 worked in the fields, plowing the soil for better harvesting. He had no parents to pamper him, no homemade onion soup for supper. He lived with only a dream and that was to leave and start anew.

He went to the market thrice a week with his harvest, sometimes even more during the fall. If he and his pals earned just enough, they would spend their day at the year-round carnival where even a stick of cotton candy floss could keep them smiling. His friend, Jonghyun, met someone special during one of his trips to the market. It was a boy named Kim Kibum that made his heart skipped a beat. Minho was envious of course, maybe a little jealous too.

It was the carnival when they first set their eyes on one another. Jonghyun was being nudged in his abdomen by his blushing friend.

“Hey, who is he?”                                                                                                                                                                   

“Him?” Jonghyun pointed at the boy beside Key, “That’s Taemin. Lee Taemin, Kibum’s cousin.”

“Really?” He smiled.

“Oh…. I see someone is in love.”

“No. No I’m not Jonghyun.”

“I can introduce you to Taemin if you want.” Jonghyun smirked. Aw, such a jerky expression he gave. The boy approached Taemin in one of his best clothes that he would wear on special days when he visit the town.

“Hi, I am Choi Minho.” He smiled and leaned over the snacks counter.

“May I help you, Minho?” Taemin replied without looking at him.

“Just wondering if you are free tomorrow night.”

“No, not quite.”

“What do you have?” Minho asked.

“Nothing.”

“Then…go out with me?”

“I said no, Minho.” Taemin tried to sound a little annoyed but all he wanted was to play hard to get. “I will…only if you…”

“What?”

Taemin giggled.

“If you strip to your boxers here. Right now.” Minho began to flush crimson but he wasn’t willing to let go. Not now especially when Taemin was the first person he asked out. Then he landed his fingers on his shirt buttons and undid them one by one. Passing it to Jonghyun, his friend was completely in the loss while Kibum and Taemin started sniggering. He took off his singlet, threw it at Jonghyun again and succeeded in creating a scene like a public nuisance.

“I…hey Minho!” Taemin began to fluster. “I was just…”

Minho pulled down his pants and walked towards Taemin semi .

“Go out with me?”

“You shameless freak.” The fully dressed boy laughed and pulled down Minho’s remaining clothing. He was like a lunatic, feeling all cold and suicidal. No one else had seen his junk before and now it was on public display. He pulled up his boxers in pure embarrassment.

“I will consider, Minho. You ert.”

Taemin let out a snort and walked away. Minho was blacklisted from the carnival grounds after that, but he sure got the heart he wanted.

They had their first date in an old movie theatre playing Charlie Chaplin. Oh sure they enjoyed themselves and laughed throughout the entire movie, but none of their attention was on the screen. They stared at each other, blushed, looked back at the screen and caught glimpses of each other again.

“What are you looking at?” Minho whispered.

“You.”

Taemin smiled as he replied. Minho took a popcorn and stuffed it in his mouth.

“What were you thinking of when you look at me, Taemin?”

He didn’t know what reply he was expecting, but probably something like ‘I am irrevocably and crazily in love with you’, but Taemin shifted beside his ear and replied.

“Errmm… my vulgar and cheap appreciation for your and your… ding dong.” He laughed a little too loudly with the rest of the crowd.

“My ding dong?”

“Yea. Full appreciation.” Taemin joked. Their corrupted conversation came to a halt as the movie ended. They were left alone after that to wander around the beach. It was autumn then and the night was cold and unwelcoming. They stood side by side until the moment Minho took off his clothes.

“Now, you sure like stripping do you?”

“I am going for a swim. Care to join?” He sniggered and stripped to his boxers before posing in front of Taemin, “I know you like what you see.”

“You crazy moron.” But as he spoke, Taemin took off his clothes and ran towards his direction.

“Looks like someone is getting excited too.” Minho dived down on Taemin and wrapped his arms around him. His heart was thrumming at his touch.

“I know you like what you see.” Taemin imitated him and turned around to look at Minho, “You know, something is missing.”

“What?”

“A theme song, like in a movie.”

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSOZoaMaOzs&feature=related –Can’t help falling in love, Elvis Presley)

“Then what happens next?” Minho hummed beneath his breath and s his arms around Taemin’s waist.

“Can I kiss you, Minho?” Before he got an answer, the taller boy crashed his lips on his as they danced in the waist deep seawater. No doubt that was the beginning of their love for each other, insane and crazy and hypnotizing.

They continued kissing sloppily and began to giggle at one another. Minho nibbled on his bottom lips as if he knew what he was doing, while Taemin opened his mouth, unsure of what he could do. Breaking away from Minho’s lips, he smiled and fondled with his hair.

“That was my first kiss.”

“Such a great honour for me.”

“Mmmhmm, it sure it.” Taemin kissed Minho once again, making a trail down to his neck and collarbone.

“And now you are kissing like an expert.”

“We are together, aren’t we?” The younger boy asked again, “Because I think I really like you.”

 

A/N: The story is not going to end here ((: Comments are appreciated ^^ heheheheh