i don't want to make you wait while i make up my mind

to my heart he carries the key

 

 

title: i don't want to make you wait while i make up my mind 

genre: romance or smth

pairing: taemin/krystal

words: 337

summaryit's not about the catching and the falling, it's the steps needed to take in order to move forward. 



 

“Don’t worry; I’ll catch you,” he says.

It’s not about catching and falling, you think. It has never been that for you. You aren’t afraid of a little bruise in the heart or the rush of emotions you would have when you fall. No, those things were fleeting and it would always heal eventually, so you aren’t worried about that.

It was all about the steps, you decide. Those heavy steps you needed to take once you start. Because falling for someone was easy, you see someone you like and you start liking them. Approaching them, confessing were the hard parts. There were kinds of thoughts that will run through your head: “what will he say?” or “will he like me back?” or “what if he rejects me, what would I do?” Happiness, anxiety, excitement, these are all the emotions that would complicate when you take action. Because liking is simple but making the relationship happen is complicated.

“I know,” you reply.

Falling out of a relationship was tough too. Saying you want to break up was effortless—all words, no heart. The aftermath, however, and moving on per se, was a difficult task. How can you forget about a person you’ve come to care and love for a long time? You wouldn’t know what to do and where to go and how to move your feet, when the ground you stood tall and proud of suddenly cracked and shook?

Why do we fall? you ask yourself. How do you catch yourself when you fall?

He tugs your arm and guides you in front. “Are you ready?”

You don’t answer and look up to him instead. He seems sincere, you think, and maybe that’s enough. He is Taemin after all, maybe that means something. Maybe he won’t let go.

You take a step forward.

“One,” you wrap your arms around his neck.

At two, you close your eyes and take a deep breath.

And when he counts to three, you let your heart go and you jump.

 



note1. i wanted to make an anology about catching and falling (literally, figuratively) but i failed. i .

note2. inspired by taestal's little stunt at kbs gayo. lol those kids

note3. there were hit lines i really liked but it was mixed/followed by a miss sentence. ugh how to be organize.

note4. i have a hard time continuing dragon slayers. i've been stuck in one paragraph for a week!!! i hate it.

note5 ugh onsica. i will write you soon.