you and i will be safe and sound

to my heart he carries the key

title: you and i will be safe and sound

pairing: kris/krystal

words: 362

summary: kris is young but krystal is younger. how does he tell her their have just parents died?

 

 

“Where are Mama and Papa, big brother?”

Kris glanced at the little girl clutching his left leg. He felt his heart break as he saw those big brown eyes on the brim of tears so he picked his four year old sister up and held her close. She rested her head on his tiny shoulder. He did not know what to tell her. Their house had turn into charcoals half an hour ago and their parents had just… their parents… Kris did not know how to say it but he knew he couldn’t lie. “They are gone, Krystal.”

“Gone where?” murmured the child sleepily.

“They went somewhere far away from here.”

Krystal leaned away to look at him. “When are they coming back?”

“Never.”

The little girl frowned; confusion was clear on her eyes. “Why? Don’t they love us anymore?”

His tears threatened to fall. Kris did not let them. He a deep breath and patted Krystal’s hair. “No, it is not that, Krystal. That is not true. Mama and papa love us very much. They are just in a better place.”

“Will we see them again?”

“Yes, of course. Someday, hopefully.” Kris said, hope budding on his chest. Krystal yawned and once again laid her head on his shoulder.

Krystal was quiet. Kris wondered if she was sleeping. He hoped she was for he could not bear answering her questions anymore without crying. He had to be strong. He is the only one Krystal will have.

“I miss them already.”

His grip tightened on her clothing. His heart fell heavy. “As do I.”

“But I don’t miss them much.”

Curiosity got the better of him.“And why is that?”

Krystal grinned and cupped Kris’ cheeks with her stubby fingers. Her hands were cold but her words warmed his heart. “Because I still have you brother! You won’t leave me, will you?

No, Kris thought as he hugged his little sister, the only family he has left. He held her like she was his lifeline. When the tears fell, he did not stop them and he mourned quietly, as his shoulders shook and his knees fell. “I will never leave you alone, Krystal.”

 


[SPOILER ALERT FOR DRAGON SLAYER]

note1. THIS IS A PART OF DRAGON SLAYER PRIOR TO THE ACTUAL SETTING OF THE STORY.

note2. yes they are brother and sister! 

note3. i'll explain what happened to them in DS so just you wait.

note4. i've been stuck in DS for like 3 weeks now. I AM LACKING IDEAS. i think i'll write the ending first and see how it goes. i hope i can post it by next week so i can start on the 3rd installment! i'll give the next theme when i post DS.

note5. i hope people aren't disappointed! you guys were expecting something romantic but tbh kristal is like to me =))

note6. -shakes all the silent readers- WHY AREN'T U GUYS COMMENTING I DON'T BITE I SWEAR