Chapter 14

Thank You

 

 

“Oh, Hae!! Thanks God…you’re okay! I’m so worried about you! We’re shocked when our butler said that you weren’t coming home for weeks! Oh honey… Why didn’t you tell us? We can take you to the best hospital…oh my only son…”, she was hugging me tightly, relieved to knowing that i’m okay. And the most shocking thing was…SHE’S CRYING.

Yes, she’s crying for me. HARDLY. The thing that she never did for a long time, since my grandpa’s death of course.

‘Was it really them? Or maybe…i was just dreaming?’

That’s all i could thought.

I was sitting at the bench in front of the hospital, still trying to registered these people appearance. No, not only me, but us. Me, my mom, and my dad. We’re registered each other.

I thought that they won’t really came here when i said about my condition through the telephone about two hours ago. But the reaction that i had from them, was just too shocking. I could heard my mom was crying in relieved in the other line earlier, then asked hurriedly about my condition.

Eunhyuk was waiting at the fishpond, said that maybe i need a private time when my parents arrived. Aish, that person….sometimes i really couldn’t understand him, for doing such an amazing thing like this.

 

“Don’t worry mom…i’m okay now…the doctor said that i can check out from the hospital, so you don’t have to worry. And besides….ummm….i know that dad is very busy, and….i don’t want to interrupt you two…”, i hugged back my mom, her back. Then i released our embrace, took my gaze to the other person who’s still standing silently behind my mom.

“What are you saying?”, my dad spoke with a flat expression, taking his steps near to me, and stopped right couple inches from my face.

We were facing each other in silent for couple minutes. My dad gave a deep gaze to me, and so did I.

‘What will this person do to me this time? Is he going to mad at me for my stupid act? Or he’s going to slap my cheek, like the last time when we met?’

I had so much anticipation in my head about my dad’s next move, but that’s all disappeared in second, when i received his next move.

 

He was stepping closer to me…then he hugged me. Yes, he HUGGED me. I freezed in my position, had my eyes goggled. I still couldn’t believe it. How could he hugged me? He never did it before….not even once. I thought that he’ll mad at me, like the time when my grandpa’s dead because of me.

“Umm…dad..I-“

“Do not ever do that again….arasso? you should’ve told us before…we’re your parents…how can you make us worried about you so badly…i couldn’t sleep every night these couple weeks, only to think where my only son could be…”, he spoke so softly, and caressly. The thing that he never did since i was a little kid. And then, i felt something warm wetting my  t-shirt.

 

‘Is he….crying?’

 

“i know i’m being such a cruel dad for years, blaming you for your grandpa’s death…not even care about your feeling….you must have been so lonely…mianhaeyo Hae…jeongmal mianhae…”, he cried more loudly, sobbed in our hugs.

 

I didn’t care anymore if this only a dream or not….the most important thing was, finally, i can feel that i really have a parents who loved me, a parents that i could count on. After all those suffering years in loneliness…

 

Soon after, tears fell down from my eyes….warmly.

But the different was…it wasn’t that kind of sadness tears…it was more like….happiness….a happiness that i’ve been longing for a long time…and finally, it came…

With a beautiful way….from a beautiful person…

 

‘Eunhyuk…thank you….’

 

 

---0---

 

“Hyukkie?”, I kept calling him around the pond, but still couldn’t find him anywhere. The sun already replaced with the moon, as i kept insisted to my parents for stayed at the hospital one more day, so i could told to them about me and Eunhyuk. I didn’t care what would they said about it, but the surely thing was, I didn’t want to lost him after all…

 

I wonder where he went…because i still couldn’t find his appearance around, even the nurse said he neither in is room when i asked her earlier.

 

Then, i heard something….

No, someone....groaned in pain…

Slowly, i tried to followed the source of the voice…i kept walking and walking, passed the pond, and went to the deeper side of the hospital park. The voice became more clearly as i came closer to it. Then there, i saw a dark figure, sobbed in pain.

Sooner, the cloud which covered  the moon was fading away, showed me the face of the figure more clearly.

 

“Ughhh….”, i heard pain in the voice. “Ukh…Ukh…”

 

I sprinted my way to the figure, as i saw some liquid came from his mouth.

But as i got closer, my eyes widened in horror.

I saw fresh blood spreading all over his hospital clothes, and streamed from his mouth. I saw his face already turned so pale, and not long after that, he fainted.

 

“NO!! HYUKKIE! Please hang on! I’ll get you to the doctor!!”

 

That was all i could said, as i carried him bridal style, ran inside the hospital as fast as i could, kept on murmuring his name, and prayed that he’ll be okay.

 

 

---0---

 

“So….is he a friend of you here?”, my mom asked in curious, as i never left my sight from Eunhyuk who was resting inside the ICU right after i carried him. NOT EVEN ONCE.

I was just looking at her, smiling.

“Well, it looks like you’re so close with him…like…you care a lot for him…”, she tapped my shoulder in curiosity as dragged me to sat at the chairs near the ICU.

 

“Umm…yeah…well, mom….about that….I was-“

 

“Doctor! He’s awake!! Doctor!”

 

I jumped even before i could seat properly at the chair as i heard a nurse came from Eunhyuk’s room and called for the doctor in urgent.

“Sorry mom, we’ll talk later! I have to go and see him!”, i rushed and entering the room with the doctor and nurses, left my mom in confusion.

 

“Doctor, how’s his condition?”, i asked the doctor curiously soon after i entered the room.

“Hold on Donghae-sshi i’ll try to check him first…”, the doctor gestured me to step backward as he used his stethoscope to did some check up to Eunhyuk’s body.

I was peeping behind the doctor, and i could saw Eunhyuk’s eyes half open, and looks like he didn’t fully conscious yet, as i kept heard him murmured inside his breathing help machine.

 

“Ukh…..-ae….”, i heard him murmured something.

“Yes Eunhyuk-sshi? What do you want to ask?”, the doctor bent down closer to Eunhyuk’s mouth, tried to heard his words more clearly.

“-ae….I…talk….-im….”, i heard him spoke weakly, and said some undefined words, but clear enough for me to understand what he meant.

I tapped the doctor’s shoulder, made him facing me. “Doctor…i think he wants to talk with me….can i speak with him for seconds?”, i asked him, hopefully that he would let me to.

I looked at him for a while, and he just remained silent. I think he still thinking about it.

“Okay then….i’ll let you talk with him….but don’t take it too long…okay? He need to rest more…i’ll leave you two to talk…”, he smiled, then nodded at the nurses, signaling to exit the room. Soon after they left the room, it was just me and Eunhyuk.

I stared meaningly at him, when he just stared weakly at me through the plastic curtain that covered around his bed.

 

“Hyukkie…”, I called him, stepped closer to him, and was about to removed the curtain.

“No, Hae….you can’t come in…”

His voice sounded so weak, like all his energy already dried. I felt so hurt when i saw him like that.

“But….i want to hug you…”, i spoke to him with a bit disappointed feeling, but tried to held it because i didn’t want to worry him also.

“Mi…an….”, i heard him apologized, almost whispered so weak.

“Na’ah…what was that for? You didn’t do something wrong to apologize…then i’ll just sit here okay? Is it close enough?”, i pulled a chair in the corner and put it as close as it could to Eunhyuk’s side outside the curtain. He just smiled as an answer.

 

“So…what do you want to say?”

I wait for his answer, but he just took his gaze to the ceiling, and smiled meaningly. I looked at him in curious, but just remained silent, waiting for his answer.

 

“Hae….”, he started to spoke.

“Ne Hyukkie...?”

“You know…when i was staring at the moon in the park earlier,i was thinking….when i still a little kid, me and my mom supposed to visited a place frequently…”, he said.

“A place?”

“Ehem….a place…just the two of us…and someday, we planted a tree in that place…”, he chuckled, but at the same time, he also cried.

‘It must be so hard for remembering his memory with his mother…..’

 

“It was just a small seed that time…and we’ve been promised to each other, that we’ll visit it together, until it gets bigger and bigger….”, i was waiting for the next story, but he didn’t say anything. Like his eyes was wandering somewhere out of the room.

“But then…it happened….”, he paused. It didn’t take me so long to understood what he mean. It must be his mother’s death…

“And after that, i never visit that place again…”, he said sadly. “I wonder….Is it becoming bigger now…? Then….How is it look like…? Aish…i think i really i miss that tree…”, he turned at me, and smiled, but not a cheerful smile as usual.

‘I wish i can do something for you Hyukkie….’, i thought.

 

“Then i’ll take you there! How about it? it’s a good idea right? Then we’ll bring a picnic bag too, and we’ll have our first date there! right?!”, i said to him excitedly, as i want to cheered him up and saw his bright smile once again.

“But Hae….my condition….”

“Aish…don’t talk about that again, okay?! You know that sooner, your condition will gets better, then we’ll go there together….”, i tried to show him a smile, although it felt so hard to burst it. I put my wrist inside the plastic curtain, and held his palm with mine. “So be better soon okay? Then i’ll take you there right away….”

 

He smiled back, and how i missed that smile…

 

“Promise?”, he released his palm from mine, then raised his little finger.

I was musing for a while, and trying  to save this moment carefully in my memory…

“Promise….”, i interwined my little finger with his, as we made promise for each other.

 

Knock! Knock!

“Excuse me…Eunhyuk-sshi have to take a rest now…”, suddenly, a nurse opened the door.

“Alright….”, i smiled at her, and released my little finger from Eunhyuk’s. “I’ll wait for you outside, okay? Just sleep and rest your body…Right after you open your eyes tomorrow, i’ll be the first one you see…neh?”, i said good night at him, and walked out from the room, waved at him.

 

 

---0---

 

“Donghae…what is that suppose to mean?”, i saw my mom and dad already wait for me outside the room, poured me with hundreds questioning look. i remained silent for a while, searched the best words to said my relationship with Eunhyuk.

“Lee Donghae we’re asking you….”, my dad was the one who speaking, trying to control his voice not too emotional.

I stared at both of them, tried to gathered all my courage. “His name….is Eunhyuk…”, i started, as they turned to listening to me as well. “we met here…at this hospital…and-“

I paused at my words, to saw my parents’s next reaction. But they just stared at me in curiosity.

 

“And….I LOVE HIM…”, i said the last three words surely, without any doubt of it. I’ve been promised myself not to given up our love no matter what’s going to happen.

 

It was true that it’s a very difficult decision, since both my parents and Eunhyuk were the most precious person in my heart. But i’ve decided, that i won’t regret my feelings for him. And also, i’ll to them that my choose was right, then they’ll agreed with my relationship with Eunhyuk. Although there’s also a possibility that they’ll leave me again either.

 

Yeah…that was all i’m going to do. But…speaking not as easy as doing it….always like that….

 

“WHAT?! WHAT DID YOU SAY JUST NOW?!!”, i woke up from my thought, as i saw my parents already goggled in horror.

“D-dad..i-i can explain it….”, i grabbed his hand, tried to calmed him down.

“WHAT DO YOU WANT TO EXPLAIN?! Don’t you know the thing that you just said?!!”, my dad’s face became red, as anger started to control him, while my mom just kept blabbering, shocked.

 

‘Oh God…please….why do it has to be this hard for us? Can we just…being HAPPY? Please let us to be happy….that’s all i wish….’

 

I kept praying, as my dad started to collapsed in anger.

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N: Finally!!!! i can make an update here!!! oh how much i miss this site! eunhae's stories especially....kekeke :p

i was just realizing that i didn't update this story for almost a month or more, and i feel so bad about it ToT

i think i'm too mesmerized with my holiday until i didn't have time to even connected with the internet...-,-"

anyway, i apologize if maybe any of you have been waiting for this..., but it's okay if there isn't either, i'll still update it anyways.....^^

so i'll wait for your comments...and also thanks for the NEW SUBSCRIBERS....:)

Three more chapter to go!!