Chapter 12

Thank You

I walked along the corridors with emptiness surrounding me, mixed all the things in my mind.

In one side, i was happy, because i had met my doctor, and he said that my body is fully recovered, and as soon as tomorrow morning, i can check out from the hospital.

But…in the other hand….i was also scared…for the thing that STILL doesn’t happen yet, but i knew, sooner, we’ll have to face it….

 

YES…THAT’S RIGHT.

 

We’re both have to face it….me…and him.

I kept walking and walking, until finally i reached the place I was heading to, and stopped right in front of the door.

Tok! Tok!

I knocked the door twice, waiting from the one inside to responded.

“Yes, who’s there? please come in…”, soon after i heard the respond, i reached for the hilt and opened the door, excuse myself to came in, and closed the door again.

Once when i was inside the room, i saw the one in front of me busy to packed all his things inside his bag, and grabbed the nameplate that showed “Mr. Choi” from the desk and put it into his drawer. I just stood silently in there for a moment, and looks like he didn’t really pay attention to my appearance yet, so i was just waiting for him until he done with the things as my eyes kept followed every direction he made.

And when he finally done, i startled by his sudden stared to me, as if told me ‘What are you doing here when i was about to take my rest?’ expression just by seeing his face.

“Donghae-sshi….is there anything you need? Can i help you then?”, he said softly and calmly, showed me his smile. He didn’t even show me his annoyed face, although i knew it for sure that i was ruining his resting schedule.

“Are you about to going home? Sorry for bothering you then…”, i asked his permission first before i said my business to him, feeling unpleasant for my sudden appearance in his room for not so right time.

I didn’t know since when i had unpleasant feeling like this, but i knew for sure, this was because of Eunhyuk….because usually…i would acted like i’m the one who took the command, and everyone has to followed my desire, whether they like it or not.

But i think Eunhyuk have changed me…..i didn’t even know how much he changed me. That kind and warm-hearted person, has successfully changed ‘the evil stubborn’ Lee Donghae inside me, into ‘the brand new’ one little by little, just by gave me all his pure heart.

And he is the only one that i knew could do that to me, without hoped any paybacks from me.

 

“No, of course not….all the patients here are my precious guest, and i have to treat my guests as good as possible right? So please sit down…and let’s talk what you want to talk about with me…”, he spoke, snapped me out from my muse. Then he put his bag under the desk, and made an excuse gesture with his right hand, as he leaned to sit on his chair, and so did I.

“Umm…doctor….the thing that i want to talk, is about one of your patients, Lee Eunhyuk.”, i said what i wanted to say soon after i sat on the chair in front of him, and looks like he already thought that i’ll ask about it, since i saw his sudden changed expression.

“Hhh…Donghae-sshi…you know it’s hard for me to talk about him too…”, he hauled breath before continued his words.

“But then…you already know what am i going to ask about…right?”, my expression turned to anticipation, stressed starting to filled me, waiting for the words he’ll say. I had my hands on my laps, and it started shaking and sweating, as if waiting nervously to heard a result that could change my whole world upside down.

I fisted my two hands, tried to held it not to shake any harder….but it was a waste, because the truth is, i could held it anymore, as if my heart was crying inside….

I looked at the doctor, and he just gave a symphatic look to me, seeing the sadness expression on my face.

 

“Donghae-sshi…..”

 

“HOW LONG IS IT?”, i asked him in sudden, couldn’t wait any longer for him to explained everything.

I straightened my head to face him, and tried to be strong.

“But, we don’t know it yet, the result may change every-“

“PLEASE, doctor….just tell me….how much time he has?”, i cutted his words, didn’t want to hear anymore strengthening words, because i knew, it will made me more hopeless.

“But Donghae-sshi-“

“PLEASE….”, i begged him one more time, didn’t want to give up on him, “He’s the one that i lo-“, i was about to told my true feelings towards Eunhyuk, when i realized that it could be got worst if i couldn’t held it, earned a curiosity looked from the doctor.

“Ehm, i mean….you know…he’s the only bestfriend i’ve ever had, and he’s so precious for me…”, i spoke stuttered, hurriedly fixed my words.

Although i wanted to screamed to the world that i love Eunhyuk so badly with all of my life…i knew i couldn’t do that….not yet….because something inside myself just stopped me to did that, and i didn’t know why…but i knew for sure, it made both of us suffered...so emotionaly…

“Okay….but remember…as i told before, no matter what i’ll say to you, don’t ever leave Eunhyuk-sshi alone by himself, because he’s precious for me too…”, he started to got softer, agreed to told me the true condition Eunhyuk had. “And besides, i never seen Eunhyuk-sshi so happy like that before he met you….”

i was a bit shocked with the doctor’s next words, because truly, i never thought that Eunhyuk could be happier when he’s with me, because i felt like i was the most terrible lover in the world who couldn’t took good care of him…

“Even the nurses said that you two just like a compatible couple each other….”, he added, made my cheeks blushed to heard it. And the doctor looking at me with a strange way, like he had suspicious something. “Well, of course…it’s not for sure…not to mention that you both guys…”, he smirked at me, and i knew he did that because he want to melted the atmosphere, won’t made me sad with the next thing he’ll say.

But to be honest, that’s no fun for me at all….even if he had suspicious something or just made a joke….I don’t care.

All i care was just to knew the true condition of Eunhyuk, and that’s all.

“You aren’t answer me yet doctor…”, i made a serious sharp look at him, made him stopped from his small laughing which i knew was fake, because his expression showed sadness too….just like me.

Couple minutes past, and we two just kept staring silently each other, before he finally hauled a long deep breath once again and started to spoke.

“I think you already knew…that Eunhyuk-sshi’s collapsed couple hours ago had made his condition more worse than before, even if it looks like he has get better. But, although with all those helping machines….it’s just for temporary and the matter of times, before he-“, the doctor stopped before finished his words, and turned his gazed from me, looking down. But thought he didn’t continue his words, i already knew what he wanted to say. And i knew, it’s hard for him to continued it, just like it’s hard for me to heard it…

“HOW….LONG?”, i said my words shortly, kept my eyes on the doctor. It felt so hard to said it, when i had my head keep filled with Eunhyuk’s face. But, i guess that short words already explained the things that i wanted to ask, and he’ll understood that.

“In our prediction….”, he put his hands on the desk, and looking straight at me again. i had my full attention and anticipation to heard his next words, strengthening my body and my heart, whether it’s a good news would came….or maybe….it will be the most terrible things that i didn’t really want to hear.

 

“It’s no more than a month….”

 

And just by that…my eyes goggled, and my tears streaming down hardly.

My life energy had faded away right at the moment, leaving me sat blankly at the chair, felt no more strength to even moved my body. My gaze became empty, just like my heart, which couldn’t accepted the fact yet. I had battle inside my head, tried to deny all these bad things, hoping that it’s just a nightmare that would end soon.

But as long as my tears kept falling and weting my hands, i knew it was the reality….the reality that will made my world upside down…just by countdown,no more than a month….

 

 

---0---

 

“Hi…”, I smiled at the one on the bed, as i made my way by his side weakly, like i had no strength anymore.

“Hey…”, he replied back, with his typical cheerful gummy smile, didn’t have all those machines surrounding him anymore.

I think they had took it off from him, and i was glad about that, because it hurts my heart, when i saw he couldn’t moved freely with all the helping machines, although i knew it for his own good.

“Hae…why are you look so weaken? Is there something wrong with your result? Oh…your eyes redden…were you crying?”, he seems worried as soon as i reached beside him, and showed him clearly all the burden inside my heart through out my face.

He caressed my right cheek with his left hand, and i could felt those electric warm feeling filled me, as i close my eyes and held back his hand with my hand. i sat down beside him, leaned on the bed side, while he still lying on his pillow.

“No…don’t worry…i think i’m just too tired…that’s all….and haaahhhh…i’m so sleepy…”, i tried to covered my muddle feeling with yawn and tried to made an aegyo to him.

“Hae…stop it…you look ridiculous…keke..”, he chuckled by my action, and i was happy watched his smile once again, as i treasured it as best as i could, in my deepest heart…

“So tell me…how was the result? And why are you come here this late? don’t you want to sleep in your own room?”, he asked then spoke another words at the same time, had curiosity in his face.

“Anni….i want to sleep here tonight…can’t I?”, i asked him, and showed him my aegyo one more time, which i knew myself,that it was so ridiculous for sure…”And besides…my doctor told me that i can check out from this hospital tomorrow…”, i smiled at him, didn’t want to show my sadness through it.

“Oh….that’s good then…”, i saw him smile, but slide of dissapoinment drawn on his face too.

“Hyukkie….what’s wrong?”, i took his left hand from my cheek and held it with my hands, squeezed it softly between my hands.

“Erm…nothing…it’s just….you’ll leave me here alone then…”, he spoke unsure for the first, then started to burst out the things that bothered him, as his eyes was full of dissapoinment and tears.

I put my right hand above his head, and caressed his hair softly, before i answered his doubt.

“Hey….look at me…”, i grabbed his jawline with my left hand, dragging his face to looked at me. “You know that i love you more than everything….and i can assure you that….”, i smiled at him. “And besides, i can still be visitor for you, and i’m sure no one will have any objection with that…”, i peek his lips, and earning a cute blushed from him, turned away tried to avoid my gazed.

“So…”, i leaned down and lying beside him, having his back facing me as i hugged his waist with my arms, and pulled him closer, got my chest touched his back, made him felt my heartbeat which started to beating faster. “Can i sleep here tonight…? I want to ended the rest of the night with you…”, i buried my face on his neck and snuggled at him.

“N-neh….”, was his only answer, and i was sure, that his face should be turned redden as if boiled like a hot water by my actions from his breath that became faster, although he back-turned me.

We just kept like that for moments in silent, without the two of us made any moved.

“Hae….”, he suddenly broke the silent by his sudden words, but still with his back faced me.

“Do you…do you think-“, he talked stuttered, as if held a big burden in his words. “Do you think…that sooner…i’ll-“, he paused again, and i could heard he sobbed by tears, although he wanted to hide it from me.

“Hyukkie…are you okay?”, i tried to turned his face back to faced me, but he removed my hand.

“No…please…don’t look at me….”, he snuggled, and put his hands on face to covered it from his tears.

“Hyukkie…what’s wrong?”, i started to worry and sad, had my lover to sobbed tears again.

 

“Sooner….i’ll die…right?”, he said between his tears.

 

And soon after, i felt like thousands knifes had stabbed me….right in the heart…

For a moment, i couldn’t said anything to answered him, and just kept freezed in my position. But then, i tried to strengthening my self, and tried to held back my tears which insisted to burst out. Then once again, i grabbed his waist, and tried to made his face to looked at me.

He just obeyed, with his hands still covered his face, and it was all wet by his tears now.

“Hey…why did you say such thing….everything is going to be okay….”, i tried to removed his hands from his face slowly, then erased all his tears.

“B-but….i’m scared….”, he faced my eyes with his teary eyes, made my heart ached more. I tried to be strong in one side, but also wanted to cried with him in the other side. But as i remembered what the doctor said to me earlier, i tried to gathered all my strength, and be strong just for him….

 

Just this time…i want to be a good couple for him…

 

“Don’t be scared….you know that i will always beside you….and we’ll face it together….”, i took him in my embrace, cupped his forehead.

“And now, let’s sleep….i have a lot of things that i want to do with you tomorrow….”, i hugged him more tightly, caressed his hair and tried to comfort him, and lead him to had a good sleep.

But then, i felt my eyes were so hot….and one drip of tears dropped from my eyes.

As hard as i tried not to cried, but in the end…i always ended to beaten up….by my own feelings.

I cried to our destiny…

Destiny which brought us together….which fooled us beautifully….

Destiny….which i wanted to changed so badly…as long as it could made Eunhyuk always by my side forever…

 

 

 

 

 

 


Finally, chapter 12 people! ^^

And couples more chapters to go....XD

Fighting! ^^=V

So how's this chapter going? let me know your opinions...^^

R/R are loved!

thanks for reading my story by the way!! XDDD