Kiss

My Sickly Disorder

 

I was alone in a cold dark room. My body was illuminated under a warm yellow spotlight. I looked everywhere and anywhere to see nothing but an endless black void. I spoke, my words echoing as they bounced off of imaginary walls. I hugged my knees closer to my body as I felt the loneliness in this barren room. Where am I? It was a question that was left unanswered to this very day.

 

A small ray of light came into view. It was close enough to radiate warmth yet far enough to see just a small dot of it. I stood up; my feet walked themselves towards this mysterious light. I grew nearer and nearer. My eyes squinted at the brightness and the sudden appearance of a mans silhouette. He called out my name once and I was sure of who this voice belongs to, Kris. My pace fastened at the thought of him. I had the urge to run and hug him but I did not.

 

Kris reached out his hand as if ordering me to take it. I took hold of it, hesitant and unsure of what was to come. He intertwined our fingers and held onto my hand firmly as he dragged me out of the darkness and into the light. I called his name but he just smiled back. It was a smile I’ve seen countless times yet I was mesmerized, captivated by it. My heart picked up its pace and I found my lips forming a small smile.

 

He stopped so suddenly that I ended up bump into his back. I stumbled back and broke the little contact we had. Kris turned around. I glared at him but it melted down into a frown. He took a step closer but I retreated from the suddenness. It went on until we were near the borderline of light and dark. My foot had entered the darkness as I took a step back. Immediately, Kris pulled me by the arm, causing me to crash into his chest. I had lost my balance in the process and slowly tilted backwards. I was caught at the waist Kris. My arms had found themselves around his neck. Our faces were just inches away.

 

“Kris, what are you doing?!” His face came closer to mine. Kris compressed our bodies together. Our lips brushed against each other, it was brief but electrifying.

 

“I really, really like you.” Kris whispered into my ear. I shuddered and tightened my grip around his neck, bringing us closer if possible.

 

“Kris I-“ Kris’ lips came crashing onto mine before I could utter another word. I was surprised but I did not struggle, I followed his every movement.

 

 

 

I woke up alone on the couch. The same feeling of the cold loneliness from my dream had found it’s way to my reality, covering my body as if it were a blanket. I sat up, my back hunched and the signs of depression written all over, in the atmosphere and in my body language. I sighed at the dimming light in the living room, it grayed the walls and furniture leaving a monotone space. I’m alone once again.

 

My hand brushed over the scars on my wrist over and over again. A small smile formed yet I did not know the reason of it. Is it a smile of happiness? Remorse? Remembrance? What is it?

 

The clattering sound of a metal touching the ground disrupted my train of thought. I turned around to see the shadows of men darkening the light coming from the kitchen.

 

“You clumsy fool!” “Shhhh!” “Oops” “Sorry~” The voices were oh so familiar. “I think you might’ve woken Hana.” Kai’s head popped out from the kitchen door and later retracted. “She is awake…” After Kai was Chanyeol. “Yup, she’s awake.”

 

 

 

A rainbow of balloons covered the hard wooden floors of the living room, a huge poster saying “Welcome Back!” was taped onto the TV, confetti were thrown here and there, leaving pieces of colored glossy paper on top of our heads. I could not help but smile at the boy’s efforts. I was so appreciative that tears began to well up and soon fell down.

 

“Don’t cry!” Chanyeol handed me a napkin to wipe away my tears. “Are you sad? Is it because of us?” I looked to the now frowning Sehun. “No and yes.” I said as I wiped away the never-ending flow of tears. Confusion took over their faces. “These are tears of joy. I’m very touched for what you guys had done…” Oh’s and Ah’s soon followed.

 

 

 

“Call us when you’re ready to talk about it.” Suho smiled, as did the others. “I will and thanks for today, it was something that I really needed.” I hugged each and every one before they left to go home. Kris stayed back to help clean the mess we’ve made.

 

“Thanks for helping out.” I said as I swept away the confetti on the floor. “No problem”

 

 

 

After cleaning up, Kris and I chilled out in the kitchen as we ate some snacks.

 

“This has been bothering me for quite some time, what are you going to do now that your parents…” The mood darkened. “It’s fine if you don’t want to talk about it…” I shook my head as I swallowed the last sip of my water.

 

“Since I’m still a minor, I’ll be living with my aunt and uncle.” Kris nodded in understanding.

 

“Where do they live?” I sighed and faintly shook my head. “They live in the U.S.” I squeaked out the last part.

 

“Oh, is that so?” Disappointment was heard in Kris’ voice. I nodded my head.

 

A depressing silence was soon followed. I don’t want to leave…

 

 

 


I'm not too sure if Hana will really leave but I know that she'll be moving in with a close relative of hers.