06

CHAINS

-A/N: I don’t know if you’re familiar with Japanese words so I made a key for the Japanese terms used in this chapter. Japanese terms shown below will be shown in order of appearance used in the chapter.

(Japanese Word = Korean Word = English Term)

- Nani = Bwoh = What

- Sama = Nim = honorific used for someone of superiority

-Daijoubu desu = Gwenchana = I’m fine

- Iie (spelt with two i’s and one e. The font makes it look like the word 'lie') = Ani/Aniyo = No

-Baka = Babo = Idiot/Stupid

- Neko = Cat

- Kage-dono (this is not an official word) = A title similar to King or Emperor for my story. Kage means shadow and dono is an honorific usually used to address people such as kings, princes, etc.

- Nii-san = Oppa = Older Brother

- San = Ssi/Ah = honorific used to specify Mister, Miss, Misses

 

 

CHAINS: Chain 06

 

Chanyeol’s POV:

                “Aish! Kimiko!” I wave my arm around to make her back away.

                “Nani?”

                “These aren’t even cuts. They’re just bruises. Don’t worry so much, Kimi.”

                “B-but, Chanyeol-sama…” She pouts as she clutches the medications and bandages close to her chest.

                “Kimiko, daijoubu desu.”

                She hits me really hard on the chest, “Iie! Your hurt and you have to get treated!”

                I laugh lightly, “Me? Hurt? Aniyo, these bruises are nothing, Kimi. They don’t hurt, but you just hit me in the chest.” I playfully make a sad face while I put a hand over where my heart should be, “I’d say you’re the one who’s hurting me.”

                “Chanyeol-sama…” She whines.

                She then continues to pout. I smile widely. She looks so adorable. I enjoy making her get frustrated at me since I get to see her make this adorable face.

                I reach over and pinch her cheeks, “Aigoo, Kimi. Why do you always overreact? Jeez, I’m not bleeding to death and I was just playing around. You could never hurt me.”

                She sighs then rolls her eyes before swatting my hand away from her cheeks, “Baka…”

She then begins to blush slightly or maybe her cheeks are turning red because I pinched her. Yea, that’s probably it. I lightly pat the top of her head and smile my infamous creepy smile. Well, everyone says it looks creepy, but what am I supposed to do about it. It’s my smile damn it. At least Kimiko doesn’t cringe in discomfort like most other people do when I smile. She told me she was use to it since we’re childhood friends and that I was her happy virus…her happy virus who smiles creepily. I remember laughing at her when she told me that. She ended up pouting that day too.

                She starts to fiddle with the medications and bandages in her hands now. Her eyes locked to the floor.

                “So…Chanyeol-sama, how did your uh, mission go yesterday? I heard Suho-sama was really mad at the missions report meeting this morning.”

                I groan loudly as I place a hand to my forehead. I don’t really want to think about that stupid mission from yesterday. I can’t believe I let Kyungsoo get away. I didn’t know what to do after his freakish demon dog blasted that green light at me and honestly I don’t think reprimanding Kyungsoo should be that important anyway, especially after that sudden attack by that unknown Exotic. Actually I’m not even sure if that was an Exotic since I couldn’t sense its’ kamui before it attacked us. I figure this is the Neko Clan’s doing, probably one of their undercover soldiers or something. In my opinion, I believe the Neko Clan should be our clan’s main priority right now because of the Exotic War so I wonder why we were ordered to track down Kyungsoo. He’s hardly a threat to our Clan when I think about it.

                The main objective of our mission was to bring Kyungsoo back here to the main house. This order was delivered by the Kage-dono himself, that bastard of a leader might I add, and orders given from the Kage-dono are ones that are expected to be completed. Apparently Baekhyun and I screwed our squad over because of this mission. Once the Kage-dono finds out we failed to turn Kyungsoo in who knows what the guy will do. Like I said, he’s a bastard. I already have Grandpa Suho grounding my for failing this mission and that to me is already bad enough.

                “It didn’t go well at all, Kimi and Grandpa Suho blamed everything on me even though Baekkie was there with me too. Baekhyun always gets away with everything since he’s Suho’s lieutenant. Aish, that guy, it isn’t fair!” I cross my arms.

                “Oh, stop it, Chanyeol-sama. You shouldn’t call Suho-sama, ‘Grandpa Suho’ that’s just disrespectful. He’s your superior and your squad leader and…” She raises an index finger up then jabs it onto my forehead, “Baekhyun-sama doesn’t always get away with everything. He always has to come and save your sorry all the time.”

                “No he does not.” I replied with a huff as I rubbed my forehead, “And sorry to say, but Suho will always be ‘Grandpa Suho’. Yea, sure I do respect him as one of the few highly respected superiors in the whole entire EXO-K regiment and I’m honored he’s my squad leader, but he lectures me too much so that makes him a grandpa and besides what about you, Kimi?”

                She raises a brow, “What do you mean? What about me?”

                “I don’t like it when you call me, ‘Chanyeol-sama’. You’re always so formal. Aren’t we childhood friends, Kimi? I want you to call me oppa instead.” I smile widely again at the thought of her calling me that.

                Her face became a tinge of pink, “O-oppa?” I nodded my head while she quickly shook hers, “Iie, iie.  Y-you know I can’t. You’re my superior…I-I have to call you Chanyeol-sama.”

                “Kimi…” I frowned, “Well, then how about nii-san?”

                “Iie.”

                “Channie?”

                “Iie.”

                “Yeollie?”

                “Iie.”

                “Oh, c’mon, Kimiko! I say Kimi all the time for you at least say my name without the ‘sama’.” I begged, “Maybe even Chanyeol-oppa?”

                “Iie! I just can’t, Chanyeol-sama!”

                “Wae, Kimi? WAE?”

                She shoved my shoulder, “Stop being so dramatic, Chanyeol-sama! I just can’t alright.” 

                It was my turn to pout, “Fine…I don’t understand why it’s so hard for you to call me by a nickname.”

                She smirked, “How about ‘baka’ then?”

                I squinted my eyes at her, “Seriously, Kimi, anything but that.”

                “Babo?”

                “Yah, that means the same thing!”

                She sticks her tongue out at me, “I think it suits you.”

                “Whatever…” I then stretch my arms over my head and yawn, “I should go see Baekkie now. He’s still upset at Junhong for sneaking out yesterday.”

                Kimiko nodded her head, “Alright.” She starts fiddling with the bandages in her hands again before placing them back in the cupboard behind her, “You know, Junhongie is really attached to Kyungsoo-san. Don’t you think that’s a bit weird?”

                I think about it for a bit before answering, “Yea, it is a bit weird. Everyone knows Kyungsoo ran away from the main house when he was little. It automatically labels him as a traitor. Junhong knows this so I don’t understand why he stands up for him.”

                “So? I don’t think Kyungsoo-san is a bad person. I only saw him once when we were kids, but he was really nice to me that one time I saw him. He looked rather lonely I think. Junhongie probably sees that in Kyungsoo-san.”

                “Junhong is just too sensitive about things and Kimi…” I tower over Kimiko and look her straight in the eyes, “Why does Junhong get to have a nickname, but I don’t. Junhongie? Really? You’re not being fair to me, Kimiko.” I look at her with puppy eyes now hoping she'll just give in and call me oppa for once.

                She pokes my left cheek and smiles, “Well, Chanyeol-sama, you’re just not cute enough like Junhongie.”

                BWOH? I'm not cute enough?

                She quickly hops away before I could grab her, “Yah, get back here! What do you mean I’m not cute? I too am cute! Kimiko? Yah! YAH!”

                She bounds out the door as I lean my body halfway out. She skips down the hallway making the walls echo with her laughter.

                She twirls around and smiles, “Aw, don’t be like that, of course your cute, Chanyeol-oppa.”

                My eyes widen and I start gapping like a fish, “D-did you just call me oppa?

                She just looks at me innocently, “Did I Chanyeol-sama?”

                “Yah, don’t play games with me, Kimi!” I quickly run after her down the hallway filling the walls with both our laughter now.

---

-A/N

This chapter originally had both Chanyeol’s and Baekhyun’s POV, but there would have been way too much dialogue. I didn’t want to bore you guys so I decided to keep this chapter focused on Chanyeol POV and introduce you to the new character Kimiko. =)

I know it’s kind of a filler chapter. I wanted to show you guys Chanyeol’s and Kimiko’s relationship with one another. There are some important details in there though like when they talk about Kyungsoo which will be relevant later on in the story.

I hope the Japanese terms didn’t annoy you. Since Kimiko is Japanese she usually converses with Chanyeol in mixed language.

Thanks for reading and have an awesome day! <3

<3 dububrit-on