03

CHAINS

CHAINS: Chain 03

 

Kai’s POV:

                “Baekkie-hyung…” The ramyun haired boy quickly ran to my side, spreading both of his arms out wide into a “t” like formation in an attempt to block me from this person. He shook his head back and forth vigorously, “Baekkie-hyung, don’t…”

                “Junhong-ah.” The other said sternly cutting the young boy off. His voice was surprisingly raspy for someone so feminine and petite looking.

                “B-but, Baekkie-hyung he didn’t do anything wrong! Don’t hurt him!” He looked to the older pleadingly.

                My eyes shifted back and forth between the older boy and the katana. I can feel the blade lightly touching my skin. It made me shiver in fear. Was this guy really going to kill me?

                “Bae…” The blonde little boy, who I now know as Junhong, started to say.

                “Junhong-ah, that’s enough! You’ve caused enough trouble. Do you know how worried I’ve been?”

                The younger boy was now hugging his toy, looking down to the ground in an ashamed manner. The older boy’s tone sounded like an older brother scolding his sibling. Junhong-ah quickly darted a glance back up to his hyung then to the ground again.

                “M-mianhae, hyung.” He then walked over to the elder’s side and hid behind his back peering over to me with a sad expression.

                “And you?” The older tapped the flat side of the blade lightly against my neck, “Who are you?”

                He slowly walked in front of me and stared me down with his fierce eyes, his katana still hovering close to my neck. I can see his full appearance now. He has small lidded eyes defined with what looked like…eyeliner? His hair was slightly messy and was a soft charcoal color. He also has perfect porcelain skin, just like the little boy’s. Half his face was hidden behind a golden jade mask, the design chiseled perfectly to resemble fangs. He was also wearing what looked like a samurai’s outfit except his armor seemed pretty light. The clothing was white with bits of black fabric here and there and a star like design embroidered in gold clearly sewn on the left shoulder. The star had eight largely pointed stems, finished with a ball design at each end and had eight smaller stems in between each of the larger ones.

                I raised a brow. If this guy didn’t have any armor on or a katana in his hand, not to mention his guyliner, he wouldn’t look intimidating at all since he’s just way too petite and feminine looking. I scoffed inwardly at my thoughts since that wasn’t the case; unfortunately this guy is intimidating since he’s the one holding the lethal weapon up against my throat, ready to slash my vocal cords out.  

                He tapped my neck again with his katana since I was taking too long to answer him. I gulped, not sure if I should tell him my name or not, but because he was the one holding the blade and not me, I decided it would be in my best interest to answer.

                “Kai.” I said stiffly, surprised my voice didn’t crack.

                He raised an eyebrow and repeated my name, “Kai?”

                “Deh…”

                He glared at me suddenly, “Why do you look so similar to him then…?”

               He suddenly approached me shifting his katana in a different position, but still dangerously close to my neck. His face came up closer to mine and he had an aggressive expression filtering through his eyes.

               “Who are you really?” He asked in a much darker tone.

               I scrunched my face in irritation. Does he think I’m lying?

                “My name is Kai.” I said in a bit of anger.

               “But you look exactly like him…” His eyes shifted away in thought then back to me, his voice sounding a bit unsure, “Like…Jongin.”

               I furrowed my eyes, suddenly feeling very angry, “Jongin? Who’s Jongin? I am Kai. My name is Kai!”

               What the hell am I getting so angry for? I don’t even know who this ‘Jongin’ is, but I feel like he’s insulting me for some reason.

               “Well, it shouldn’t really matter if you are him or not since Jongin is dead anyway.” His voice held no emotion as he said that.

               My breath hitched. Dead?

               The other boy suddenly raised his brow at me. I must have had a strange look on my face. Suddenly another figure appeared before me from out of nowhere. Great, another one…I’m really going to die now aren’t I?

               He was much stronger looking in appearance and was much taller than the other teenager. His face was slightly childish since he had fairly large eyes. His hair was riled in every direction and it had curls similar to Junhong-ah’s, who was still currently behind his hyung. The tall person’s attire was also that of a samurai. His jade mask was a deep ruby color instead of gold, but the design of the mask was still etched out like fangs, just in a slightly different style. His clothes were in various hues of dark reds streaked with white colored designs in certain places topped off with a dark yellow sash wrapped around his waist to hold up his armor. A phoenix like design was etched onto the backside of his clothes.

               He spoke to the other boy without even acknowledging me, “Baekhyun, I lost him. We have to leave immediately.”

               Now knowing his actual name, Baekhyun nodded his head in understanding then looked into my direction, “What about him…?”

               The taller guy finally looked down at me, his eyes quickly studying me.

               Junhong-ah finally comes out from behind his hyung and faced the both of them stomping his foot a little bit, “Baekkie-hyung! Channie-hyung! Please, leave him alone. He didn’t do anything bad! EXO-S can deal with him.”

               They both looked down at him in surprise. Baekhyun was about to say something, but Junhong interrupted him while pouting at the same time.

               “Please, Baekkie-hyung. Pleeaasee.” He held his toy bunny up close to his face and gave the best pleading pout he could muster.

                Baekhyun’s face was slowly cringing in defeat, but I could tell he didn’t want to give in. Junhong’s eyes began to glisten now. The tall guy finally gave in to the little boy’s pout.

                “Alright, alright, you win!” He waved his hands up into the air and then turned his head back to the other, impatience evident in his voice, “EXO-S can just deal with him later, Baekhyun. We have to leave. NOW…or else we’ll be tracked down.”

                Baekhyun sighed, eyeing Junhong who was now smiling smugly, “Ara.” He placed his katana away from my neck and it quickly vanished into thin air, “Junhong, let’s go.”

               Junhong-ah grabbed onto his hyung’s opened hand and turned around to face me, “I’m sorry, hyung…”

               I smiled slightly to him indicating that I forgave him for getting me into this mess, although my smile quickly disappeared when the older glared at me. It sent chills down my spine.

               “This isn’t over.” His voice was icy cold.

               I held in my breath as they ran off, jumping into the trees, and finally fading away from sight. When I was sure they were really gone I exhaled loudly, my eyes widening as I thought about what just happened. What…The...Hell?

               The whole park was deathly silent. All I could hear was my unsteady breathing intermingled with the wind. This can’t be right.

               I slapped myself in the face…hard… and yelled in pain right after. Dammit! This really isn’t a dream…

               I gripped my hair with one hand and looked around as if answers to what just happened would suddenly just come pouring out at me. This is just too much to handle…fireballs, white lights, flying boulders, strange uniformed teenagers, a metal engulfing toy bunny, the freakin cat ears and tail, a supposedly dead Jongin, and me nearly dying through the whole process…

               The definition of ‘normal’ is nowhere near close to this.

               ‘This is not over.’

               That guy was serious. Whatever happened back there was real…and he’ll be back. I covered both of my eyes with my hands and groaned. Aish, what do I do about this?

                I was so lost in thought that I jumped when I heard a loud bark from behind me. I quickly turned around and gaped at the humongous dog that stood before me. It ran up to me and barked, running around me in circles now. It finally stopped in front of me and jabbed my stomach with its head. It then bite into my sleeve and tugged on it, pulling me with him.

                “What the…w-what is it…?”

                It let go of my sleeve and barked tilting its head off to the side. It ran away twirling around in circles then came back barking again.

                “Y-you want me to follow?”

                It barked again as if indicating a yes. I really must be losing my mind now. I’m talking to an enormous dog that came out of nowhere and after what just happened with those other three, who knows what could happen now. I muttered and face-palmed myself after I decided to follow it. Why am I doing this? This must be my curiosity getting the better of me again…

                The dog suddenly sprinted off leaving me behind. It seemed scared or desperate about something. Puzzled by its reaction I ran after it.

                “Yah! Yah…!” I yelled out to it.

                The dog was now circling around something lumped on the ground. My eyes widened when I realized that it was a body. I could see they were trying to get up, but couldn’t. I rushed over, not caring to slow down and slid to the ground hovering right over the person.

                “YAH! Gwenchana!?” I placed a hand on their shoulder and shook them. It was a girl. Her hair was covering her face though.

                I heard a soft grunt escape her lips. The dog started whining nudging their nose through the person’s long hair.  I quickly looked around. There was a small trail of blood on the ground. That’s not good.

                “Hey…HEY!” I shook her lightly, “Hey, stay with me. Everything will be alright…” 

                I finally found where the blood was spilling from. There was a large gash slashed across her abdomen. It was painfully deep and the blood oozed out like water rushing down a river. What in the world happened to her!? I quickly took off my jacket and wrapped it around her wound. It’ll help stop the flow of blood for a little bit at least. She then pushed me away, but I refused to let her go. Is she really trying to get away from me? She clutched her side when she finally got out of my hold and quickly stood up, but her legs immediately slumped and she fell right back down.

                “Yah, are you CRAZY!” I grabbed her into my arms just in time before she could hit the ground, “Jeez…I’m just trying to help you and you’re trying to get away from me?” I started mumbling other things to myself when she continued to struggle against me. Her head started to sway from side to side. She’s probably going to pass out any second now. I’m surprised she hasn’t already with the amount of blood she’s lost.

                Her head then tilted backwards and her long black hair fell out of her face. She and I made brief eye contact and as we did it seemed like time had stopped for a second. It couldn’t be…

                Her eyes then closed with her head thumping lightly onto my chest, finally passing out. I just sat there on the ground with her in my arms looking at her in dumbfound amazement.

                There’s no way…

                I examined her face still seeing the look of her eyes clearly in my mind.

                Her owl like eyes…they are the same beautiful ones from this morning…

---

-A/N

To begin with THANK YOU SO MUCH for subscribing you lovely new subscribers. I feel extremely happy! (Hugs and kisses <3)

Baekhyun and Chanyeol have also made their appearance. Yay! ^^

And I’m pretty sure you guys are all probably confused at the end of the chapter when Kai found the ‘person’, who’s obviously Kyungsoo, but keeps referring to him as a ‘she’, right? Well, I shall explain… Yes, that person currently bleeding to death right now is Kyungsoo and yes, Kai does think Kyungsoo is a girl right now because of the long hair (Kyungsoo’s wearing a wig…)

Please forgive, Author-ssi. (90 degrees bow) I was probably half-asleep when proof-reading and forgot to describe Kyungsoo’s appearance better in chapter one when it was in Kai’s POV. Ugh…mianhae, I was proof-reading this chapter and realized my mistake. So, yea…Kyungsoo is actually cross-dressing at the moment and the reason for that will be revealed in the not too distant future chapters. Okies? I hope that cleared up that misunderstanding. Feel free to ask me questions if you still don’t understand.

Alrighty, so I know there are a lot of things happening right now that doesn’t make a lot of sense, but they will be answered eventually as the story progresses. You have to pay close attention to each character’s POV. Next chapter will mostly be in Kyungsoo’s POV and will reveal what Baekhyun and Chanyeol were doing in the park when Kai was with Junhong in chapter two.

Please tell me what you think of the fic so far. I’m not too fond of how I wrote this chapters since things seem to be moving a bit too slow. I’ll try to pick up the pace.

Mianhae for long A/N and have a nice day! <3

<3 dububrit-on