05

CHAINS

CHAINS: Chain 05

 

Kyungsoo’s POV:

                “B-B-BOY!” He shouted wide eyed.

                I only shrugged my shoulders finding all of this way too amusing. I laughed at him again and roughly tugged on my hair, more like my fake hair, and revealed the short black hair underneath. I forgot I had this wig on. This is probably what made him think I was a girl. It’s surprising to me that he didn’t realize I’m a boy. Didn’t he clean my wounds? He should have realized it then.

                “It’s a wig.” I held it in my hands as proof.

                He stared at it for what seemed like forever before finally looking back up to me. He slowly reached out for it then flipped out after touching it.

                “B-bwoh? This doesn’t make any sense! You can’t be a boy!”

                I scoffed and raised a brow. Krisus this guy…why is he overreacting, “Yes, I’m really a boy. You should know. Aren’t you the one who cleaned and bandaged me up?”

                “Aniyo! I thought you were a girl so I had my maids clean you up. They didn’t tell me you were a boy and...t-this is insane I thought you were a girl and…”

                He started to rant making me roll my eyes. His hands began to wave around frantically now and he almost hit me in the face. This is just ridiculous… I tossed my wig aside and grabbed both of his hands quickly placing them onto my chest. He immediately stopped talking and his cheeks became a sudden flush of dark red.

                “See?” I said, “No s.”

                “Omo!” He quickly detached his hands from my chest, his cheeks still beat red, “Y-you really are a boy…”

                “Yep.” I said while tugging the edge of the black sweats I was wearing, “If you still don’t believe me I could show you…”

                “Yah!” He covered his flushed face with his hands, “Y-you! Ugh …wae…why is this happening to me…?” his voice trailed off into a whimper and it seemed like he was internally crying in humiliation.

                I released the hem of my sweats and grinned to myself mischievously. Something must be wrong with me to think of him this way, but he’s kind of cute when he acts flustered like this. It makes me want to for some reason and I refuse to let this opportunity slip away.

                With the grin still plastered on my face, I mindlessly let my body step forward and boldly reached out for his belt. Once the belt was wrapped tightly in my hands I pushed him as lightly as I could until his frame was backed up against the wall. Slowly letting go of his belt I gently trail my hands over his stomach, slightly feeling the lines of his forming abs that hid underneath his shirt, and gradually made my way up to his broad chest. I finally reach the collars of his shirt and grabbed a hold of them as I pressed myself more into him. His face no longer hid behind his hands since he was starring me down with an intense and bewildered expression. His cheeks had flamed into a new dramatic layer of crimson red, which made me smirk up at him. Since he was taller than me I forcibly yanked on his collar to bring his face closer to mine so I could brush my nose across his jaw line. I made my way upward all the way to the tip of his ear and lightly bit down on it. I heard his breathing hitch right after and I smiled, feeling quite satisfied with myself as I pressed my lower half closer to his.

                “You sure you don’t want to see?” I whispered huskily into his ear. I think I heard Kimchi snort in the background, but I ignored her.

                He became extremely stiff and seemed to have turned pale, which amazed me since he was heavily blushing a second ago. He repeatedly blinked several times before finally pushing me away.

                “YAH! What is wrong with you? Why would I want to see…t-that?” He quickly looked away from me and bit his bottom lip nervously.

                I laughed and tilted his chin slightly to make him look directly at me. He immediately smacked my hand away and childishly glared back at me in annoyance. I lightly chuckled thinking he was being too cute. 

                “Mianhae. I was just teasing you.” I said with an evil smile, “I didn’t really mean it.”

                “Hmpf…” He crossed his arms and looked away again.

                I shook my head at his sudden immaturity and grabbed the hem of my shirt again, “Are you disappointed that I’m a boy?”

                He looked kind of shocked from my question and seemed to have been thinking pretty deeply about it.

                “Well, are you?” I pulled the shirt over my head and hissed lightly from the pain that suddenly attacked my abdomen.

                I felt his eyes linger a bit too long on my chest before flickering back up to my eyes.

                “W-why would I be disappointed?” He stuttered.

                “Admit it. You were attracted to my girl appearance.” He shifted uncomfortably and I smirked. Let’s make him squirm some more. I placed a finger on my chin, tapping it lightly with a playful smile gracing my face, “Unless you like me as a boy more. You seemed to have enjoyed me touching you just a second ago.”

                “NO!” His voice immediately became a whisper after his sudden outburst, “No…no…I was just…no…”

                “No? Well, alright then.” I said shrugging it off like none of this was a big deal.

                I then shoved the fresh bandage roll into his hands and proceeded to take off the bandages from my abdomen. It was soaked in both dry and new blood and it was getting really irritating against my skin.

                “Help me put the new bandages on.” I said.

                “Uh…s-sure.” He replied back.

---

Kai’s POV:

                This ‘boy’ is a handful. My heart’s thumping so incredibly fast from all that crap he just pulled on me it’s nauseating. He quickly disposed the bandages around his stomach and motioned me to put on the new ones. I was hesitant, but approached him. I grabbed one of the ends and began wrapping it around his body.

                “You said your name is Kai, right?”

                “Y-yea.” I continued wrapping the bandage around his stomach trying to breathe normally, “W-what about you? What’s your name?”

                 It seemed like he didn’t want to say since there was a quiet pause that lasted for at least five seconds before he finally spoke, “Kyungsoo, but call me D.O.”

                Kyungsoo…? Why does that name sound so familiar?

                “Why D.O? Kyungsoo sounds much better if you ask me.”

                “Just because…”

                I wrapped the bandage around his torso one last time before tucking the strand as tightly as I could into the wrapping. I stood up straight and admired my work.

                “Just because…? I’m assuming it has something to do with your, err…cross-dressing?”

                “Pretty smart aren’t you, Kai?” Kyungsoo, well D.O as he prefers, pulled the white t-shirt back over his head and walked over to the window heaving a sigh, “My real name’s Choi Kyungsoo. D.O is like my nickname in a way. I use it when I’m dressed as a girl.”

                “Can I ask why you dress as a girl?” I hesitantly asked.

                His back was facing me so I couldn’t see his expression, but his voice had become cold, “It’s none of your concern.”

                He stood quietly in front of my window now. His overly large dog came over and sat down next to him. It leaned its’ head on Kyungsoo’s leg and whined.

                “I’m fine, Kimchi.” He whispered quietly as he bent a little to ruffle her ear.

                I watched him intently, observing how perfect his frame was presented in the light that came through the window as he continued to pet his strange dog. I wanted to ask him more questions, but found my voice getting clogged up in my throat. This feeling… My heart began to race a little and a familiar sensation was forming in my left arm again. I breathed in more heavily now and my vision began to get hazy.

               Kyungsoo...Kyungsoo…

                “Kyungsoo…?” I finally said out loud in a raspy voice even though I didn’t really mean to.

                He turned his head and faced me, “Didn’t I say to call me D.O?”

                I shook my head lightly feeling the dizziness come more abruptly, “K-Kyungsoo…”

                “Yah! I told you to call me…” his voice trailed off, “Wait…hey? Hey? Kai-ssi…gwenchana?” He furrowed his brow and took a step towards me.

                A sudden pain jolted through my left arm and I gasp loudly gripping onto my wrist. This pain was similar to the pain I felt this morning when I first saw Kyungsoo standing on that sidewalk. I gritted my teeth and tightly shut my eyes as the pain now coursed its way throughout my body. This pain was much worse than the pain I felt this morning. I finally give in to the pain and yell out, my knees falling to the hard floor below me. I clutched my wrist close to my chest and breathed in and out harshly. My body felt like it was overheating especially in my chest and head. Everywhere it felt burning hot and my wrist felt like it was being stabbed over and over by needles. It slowly advanced up my arm and even my other arm was feeling the same stabbing pain now. My joints suddenly lock together and I yell out in agony. This pain…stop…make it STOP!

                Arms suddenly wrap around me as I continue screaming.

                “Kai! Kai! Look at me Kai!”

                It’s Kyungsoo. I force myself to look up. He was crouching over me his face surprisingly too close to mine. His face held a discomforted expression, but I can’t really tell. Is he also feeling the same pain as me right now? He roughly took both sides of my face into his hands which made me hiss slightly since the pain seemed to have increased when he did that. He quickly loosened his grip a little and began rubbing his thumbs soothingly against my cheeks. I guess he was trying to distract me from the pain. It helped me calm down a little bit, but the pain was still raging through me.

                “It’s going to be okay, Kai. Just breathe. Hey, look at me. Just breathe, alright? Kai?”

                I slowly nodded my head and focused on my breathing. When my breathing was somewhat back to normal I faced Kyungsoo. His owl like eyes bore intensely into mine making my eyes automatically glued to his. I feel like he’s consuming my soul when he looks at me like that. I started to get a weird sensation bubbling inside my stomach. It was relieving, but I could still feel the pain coursing through me. I reached for his hands that were still cradling my face with my own and held onto them tightly. He finally broke eye contact with me and a strange expression flitted through his eyes

                “Kai?” He released my cheeks and took my hands, but they quickly fell through his grasp.

                I raised them up and my eyes slowly widened in shock. My hands were completely see-through and they were disappearing, even my arms were starting to disappear. A faint grey smoke twisted around them before it dissolved into thin air taking whatever it was in contact with away. My left arm was almost gone now.

                “W-what’s happening?” I yell in panic.

                Kyungsoo suddenly pushed me to the ground and sat on top of my stomach. His hands pressed onto my chest where my heart should be and a faint green light appeared. His dog started barking from behind him. I wasn’t sure if he was mumbling something since my mind was becoming hazy all over again. The burning sensation heightened in my chest as Kyungsoo continued to press his hands down on it. The green light glowed even brighter now. Slowly the pain was diminishing. My joints seemed to have relaxed and I no longer felt that stabbing pain of needles.

                “Kyungsoo…” I muttered out weakly. The pain was finally gone, but my head was pounding nonstop and I still felt like I was overheating. I raised my hands and saw that they were no longer gone or see through.

                “Kai?” His hands lifted off my chest.

                “Kyungsoo…”

                My eyes were getting heavy for some reason. I tried to keep them open, but I could only blink them repeatedly. Something soft held my face and my brain finally registered they were Kyungsoo’s hands. My vision had become disoriented now and it started fading into a grey color.

                “Kyungsoo…I…w-what…”

                “Shh, it’s alright now.” He was rubbing his thumbs against my cheeks again, “Sorry, but I have to do this.”

                “W-what…?” I couldn’t hear what he had said since it came out so quiet. My eyes were finally closing and I couldn’t fight against this sudden drowsiness. The last thing I see is Kyungsoo’s face coming closer to mine and the feeling of something soft on my lips.

---

-A/N

Whelp…that was quite intense at the end.

It took quite awhile to write this chapter just because of Kyungsoo’s POV. It was really awkward for me to write the wall scene with Kai and they didn’t even do anything really haha.  Wow it just proves author-ssi needs some serious help…lol

Anyway I hope you like the double update. Please comment. I feel like I’m doing a terrible job since I haven’t got very many.

Next chapter will finally have EXO-K POV’s involved.

<3 dububrit-on