04

CHAINS

CHAINS: CHAIN 04

 

Kyungsoo’s POV:

                Something soft was touching my face. I flinched from the touch and my eyes fluttered open.

                “Kimchi…?” I mumbled sleepily.

                She quickly my face and sat up while wagging her tail. It seems like she has been waiting for me to wake up for a long time.

                I stared at her in a daze then furrowed my eyes and looked around. Where am I? I was in an unfamiliar room. I sat myself up on the enormously fluffy bed I was laying on and immediately clutched my abdomen when I felt pain. I cursed under my breath then lifted up my shirt. There were bandages wrapped delicately around my stomach and torso. They needed to be changed soon since I saw some blotches of blood appearing through some of the creases. What the hell happened to me? I can’t seem to remember anything at the moment.

               I put the white cotton t-shirt back down, letting my fingers play with the hem of it. This isn’t my shirt. I took the bed covers off and they revealed my legs which were covered with freshly cleaned black sweats. I looked over to Kimchi as if to ask if she knew what was going on. She only placed her head on my lap and closed her eyes. I patted her head trying to remember how I got here. Since Kimchi’s behaving quite calmly I don’t think I should fear too much, but I can’t help feel a bit uneasy.

               I gently lifted Kimchi’s head off my legs, which surprised her a bit and got off the bed. As I stood up, pain from my wound erupted to all other parts of my body making me grit my teeth. The cut must be really deep if it’s hurting me this much. My hand automatically went down to my stomach and I rubbed it softly to ease the pain a bit. It stung like hell, but I kept my eyes focused on the small items placed around the room to distract me.

               There wasn’t much too look at actually. Everything was practically white. White walls, white carpet, white seating, white curtains, white everything, although there were the occasional items here and there that were black, such as the pillows and the office like desk stationed near the window. The window made me gawk a little. I felt extremely small as I walked up to it. It was a gigantic wall sized window just pure glass covering from one side to the other. Whoever owns this house definitely has money. The glass was probably tinted from the outside as well.

               It was still cloudy, but some sunlight escaped through the grey clouds, dimly lighting up my face through the glass. It’s already evening time…

               Kimchi sat down next to my feet and looked up at me. How long have I been passed out? I’m beginning to recall some things now. If it’s still the same day and it being evening right now then whatever happened to me was from this morning, right? Morning, huh…what was I doing…oh, that’s right I was in the city and I remember seeing that black limo when my hand started to itch in pain and then I saw Junhong running towards me…

 

 

Flashback:

                I turned my attention back to the bustling city, my eyes narrowing slightly as I looked around. I finally looked up to the dull sky. I closed my eyes and breathed out heavily.

               Whatever this feeling is I can sense that from here on out things won’t be the same...

               As soon as that thought left my mind Kimchi barked. I opened my eyes and turned my head to the left when I heard that familiar small voice.

               “Kyungsoo-hyung!”

               It was Junhong. He was holding onto his matoki bunny doll close to his small chest and he was panting really hard. He seemed relieved to see me, although I on the other hand wasn’t.

               What is Junhong-ah doing here? He shouldn’t be outside the main house grounds! I quickly strode up to him and grabbed his arm roughly. I pulled him making him turn around as I dragged him back the way he currently came from.

               “What are you doing here, Junhong? It’s dangerous for you to be outside the main house grounds. What if Baekhyun catches you? You know you aren’t suppose to be found anywhere near me.”

               “B-but, hyung…Baekkie-hyung is already coming for you.”

               I stopped momentarily to look at Junhong, “What? How did they find me?”

               Kimchi started sniffing the air and then growled. They must be nearby already. I grabbed a hold of Junhong’s waist and hoisted him off the ground placing him onto Kimchi’s back.

               “Remember the high school we passed by earlier, Chi?” Kimchi confirmed by barking, “Take him there.”

               Junhong held tightly onto my shirt, “No, hyung! Gajima! Don’t leave me there! Take me with you!”

               I took his hands off my shirt and shook my head, “You’re already in a lot of trouble for sneaking out to find me. Stay safe and I’ll come back for you, neh?”

               Before he could protest I ordered Kimchi to take off. Once she was gone from my sight I quickly turned around and began to run. I suddenly picked up Chanyeol’s scent. He’s not too far away from where I am, maybe if I cut through Sakura Park I can slip away without him noticing.

               When I entered the park I groaned to myself. I should have known Baekhyun would be here waiting for me. He pulled both of his katanas out and prepared himself into a fighting stance.

               “Kyungsoo-ah, I really don’t want to fight you.” He said in his usual cool tone.

               I smirked, “Why are you here then?”

               “Just come back to the main house with us peacefully.”

               I scoffed flexing my hands into fists, “Aniyo. No way am I going back there.”

               He accepted my answer by saying nothing and quickly came after me. He slashed forward, but I flipped backwards to dodge it. Without any warning, Chanyeol came out from behind and shot a fireball at me. I was able to avoid it, but barely. I glared at him while he only smirked back. We continued to fight like that for awhile and I started to worry since Kimchi still wasn’t here. She’s my only source of kamui. If she’s not here I can’t use it, well I could, but it’s hard for me to control it. As I flipped upward and smashed Chanyeol’s face with a fist, Kimchi finally appeared by my side. Yes, now I can access my kamui’s full potential without having to worry about it failing on me. Feeling I was pumped up enough to use it I launched a flying boulder towards Baekhyun and he flung to the ground, accidentally setting a ball of light flying off somewhere in the distance.

               When that ball of light crashed to the ground I swore I heard a person’s voice say ‘WATCH OUT’.

               I disregarded the voice knowing it’s better to concentrate on the fight before me. I didn’t think I would need to use my gunblade, but I guess I have to if I want to get out of here. A hazy smoke appeared around my right hand and my gunblade appeared. I gripped the handle and pointed it towards Baekhyun. I fired a couple rounds, but Baekhyun used his swords to block the shots. I cursed him and jumped when I realized Chanyeol was behind me again. He swung his large sword downward in a diagonal manner causing a dent to appear in the ground when he missed me. Chanyeol swung again and I blocked with my gunblade. I rapidly slid my gunblade away from his broad sword and crouched down. Chanyeol then raised his left fist and flames began to surround it. He brought it down towards me, but I kicked it away causing the fireball he created in his hand to fly off in the same direction Baekhyun’s flying ball of light went when I had hit him with the boulder from earlier.

               When the fire dispersed I could feel Junhong’s kamui close by. Did that kid follow me here? Aish, I told him to stay put and wait for me! In the corner of my eyes I could see Baekhyun tense up. He probably felt Junhong’s kamui too. I took the chance and fired more rounds at Baekhyun. He snapped out of it and moved away just in time. I then leaped up into the air about to strike Baekhyun down, but something suddenly crashed down on top of me and to my surprise it wasn’t Chanyeol.

               I yelled out savagely once I hit the ground, shoving whatever or whoever was on top of me to the side. I stumbled upward and looked down to my arm. A large red mark was forming all along my arm, which would probably end up being a bruise. I ignored it and turned my attention back to the thing that attacked me, but it had disappeared. I quickly faced Baekhyun and Chanyeol who were both looking at me with confused expressions. Then Chanyeol was suddenly brought down by a black shadow. What the hell was that? Is it another Exotic or is it something else…? Why is it attacking all of us?

               The next thing I know I had collapsed to the ground and couldn’t get back up. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were also on the ground. My knuckles were starting to turn a vicious white color as I clenched the dirt. I tried to get up, but it felt like gravity was being pushed down on us. I’m pretty sure this is an Exotic’s kamui, just where the hell is that Exotic hiding though?

               Chanyeol suddenly yelled out in frustration and anger making me feel more alert. What is he doing?  A large fireball then came into my view blasting all of us into different directions. I didn’t like how I was blasted away by burning hot flames, but at least gravity was now back to normal, allowing our bodies the freedom to move on their own. I stood up and Kimchi quickly came to my side changing her size to a much larger form. She bit the back of my shirt and threw me onto her back. I grunted as I grabbed a fistful of her hair. She then hastily ran off, but Chanyeol came running after us. Kimchi noticed and turned around skidding to a stop. She then raised her head and blew a blast of green light from in Chanyeol’s direction. Chanyeol, wide eyed, stumbled and fell backwards when the light hit him in the chest. He tried getting up, but was restricted to do so when large green vines began to appear from the green light and wrapped Chanyeol into a tight ball.

               “KYUNGSOO!” Chanyeol screamed out angrily.

               Kimchi ran off once he was tightly bounded by the vines and I watched him get smaller and smaller as Kimchi ran. Chanyeol finally broke free of the vines, but instead of trailing after Kimchi and I, he ran off to where Baekhyun had run off to. I sighed in relief, but the moment didn’t last long. Kimchi was suddenly knocked over making me fly into the air and in those few seconds being suspended off the ground I felt something slash across my abdomen. My left shoulder hit the dirt first then I was rolling harshly into one of the Sakura trees. My body laid limply on the trees roots and I clutched my new wound, shaking slightly from all the blood that started to flow a bit too quickly out of my body…

Flashback End

 

                I don’t really remember what happened after that. I do know that Kimchi was fighting against something while I was on the verge of passing out and when I tried to get out of the park she disappeared. When she finally came back I had already collapsed and she had brought someone with her I think…

               ‘YAH! Gwenchana?’

               ‘Yah, are you CRAZY!’

               That’s right someone was there and they tried to help me. The last thing I saw was their eyes and strangely their plump lips…

               W-wait…what the hell am I thinking? I shook my head. Wasn’t my savior a guy?

               Kimchi wasn’t sitting next to my feet anymore and was now happily walking over to the bedroom door. I followed her with my eyes and furrowed my brows not understanding her sudden happy mood. The doorknob suddenly rattled and for some unknown reason my breath hitched.

---

Kai’s POV:

-A/N: Remember that Kai thinks Kyungsoo is a girl.

               “How is she, hyung?” I asked Shindong once I got inside the limo. I slouched myself into the seat and quickly loosened the school’s tie from my neck. I was feeling exhausted all over.

               School ended a long time ago, but I had to stay afterschool for student council work. It was now evening time and I couldn’t wait to get home and relax and well, see how the girl was doing. Throughout the whole day all I could think about was her. 

               After I found her I called Shindong-hyung and told him to pick us up. Of course he was curious as to why I was not at school at that time, but I told him I would explain everything later. When he finally came we quickly brought her home and her wound was immediately treated by hyung and the other maids. After she was cleaned I asked them to place her in my room and to watch over her, Shindong then drove me back to school. I didn’t want to leave her, but I don’t want my mother to find out I was skipping out on classes either.

               “Hyung, how is she?” I asked more roughly this time since he didn’t answer me the first time.

               Shindong chuckled, “Anxious aren’t we?”

               He began to pull out from the side of the school now.

               “Hyung.” I said sternly.

               “Ara, ara, Master Kai. Don’t worry she’s doing fine. Before I left to come pick you up I checked up on her. She’s still fast asleep.”

               I nodded my head, although more to myself, “Oh, okay.”

               We finally came home and I practically ran inside the house. I hurriedly took off my shoes and stopped one of the maids who just came into the living room.

               “Did she wake up yet?”

               The maid shook her head, “Ani. It’s been an hour since I’ve checked up on her though.”

               “Oh, then I’ll go see her then.”

               She bowed her head then left to finish her duties. I quickly went to the bathroom and opened the large mirror. It revealed several medications and other things. I grabbed the small basket that had the bandage kit inside and closed the mirror. She might need new bandages. I walked up the staircase and stood in front of my door suddenly feeling nervous. Why am I so nervous? I huffed out an unsteady breath and on the count of three opened the door. I peered in, but to my surprise she wasn’t sleeping soundly on the bed. Her strange dog was here though and was sitting happily in front of the entrance.

               I walked inside and looked about everywhere. Where did she go? I stood in the middle of my room and scratched my head. She must be in the bathroom or something. I decided it was better to just head back to the hallway and come back later. Maybe she wondered off somewhere around the house. As I turned around to leave something grabbed a hold of my neck. I let out a strangled dog like yelp as my back was suddenly rammed into the wall. I can’t believe I made such an unmanly sound.

               I stared down at my attacker and realized it was the owl eyed girl. She had an uneasy look in her eyes as she continued choking me with her right hand. Something shiny glinted in the corner of my eyes so I quickly glanced at it. She was holding a gun to my forehead with her other hand. Where the hell did she get the gun from? I looked back to her, my hands on her right hand trying to prevent her from gripping my throat even tighter. I failed to do much since her hold was relentless. I started to gag a little from the lack of oxygen.

               “Who are you?” She asked with aggression in her voice.

               I furrowed my eyes since her voice was much deeper than I thought it would be for a girl.

               “Argh…c-could you please r-release me…” I coughed as I continued to struggle against her hold, “I can’t tell you if I can’t… b-breathe…”

               It seemed like she hesitated, but she lowered her gun and finally released me. I immediately bent over, breathing uneven breaths as I rubbed my neck soothingly.

               “Who are you?” She asked again.

               I eyed her from my bent position then stood up giving a quick huff. Shisus…I save this girl’s life and she repays me by choking me and putting a gun to my head…aish, what else could go wrong today…?

                “My name is Kai.” I said a bit curtly, “I’m the one who saved you when you were bleeding to death in the park this morning.”

                “Oh…” Her eyes darted away from me and faced the floor eyeing the basket that was next to my feet. The bandages had fallen out and were sprawled all over the floor

               “Are those for me?”

               “Huh?” I looked at her then to the bandages on the ground, “Oh, yea. Those are for you.”

               She bent down and placed them back into the basket keeping one of the larger ones in her hand. I found myself starring at her face, but mostly her eyes. Her long black hair made her porcelain skin beam more brilliantly too and I liked the way it contrasted like that. I shook my head when I realized I was starring a bit too long at her. My eyes then fell onto her dog who I just now realized had been sitting nearby us the whole time. I raised a brow at it since it looked like the dog was smirking at me. Did it know I was starring at its owner too long?

               When I looked back to the girl my cheeks became extremely hot.

               “YAH! What do you think you’re doing?” I yelled as I grabbed the girl’s wrist pulling them down. She was halfway taking her shirt off…

               SHISUS KRISUS WHY WAS SHE TAKING HER SHIRT OFF? AND RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!

               I tried keeping my composure, but my hands were trembling as I held her wrists down.

               “What? I’m just changing my bandages.” Is it me or does her owl like eyes make her look innocent while saying that?

               “What do you mean ‘what’?” I raised my hands into the air now, “You were taking your shirt off!”

               “Uh…so…” Her eyes squinted giving me the ‘are you crazy’ look.

               My eyes widened. How can she not understand? She can’t be that naïve of a person since she had me a gun point just awhile ago, which makes me wonder where it went since she doesn’t have it in her hands anymore, but that’s beside the point!

               “S-so…?” I scoffed in embarrassment, “You’re a girl. I’m a boy. Taking your s-shirt off…that’s just… y-you know, indecent…”

               Her eyes widened and then she was suddenly laughing. I frowned. I don’t understand how any of this is funny. She finally stopped laughing and was now smirking in amusement. The room went silent for a moment then she spoke.

               “I’m a boy.”

---

-A/N

Long chapter to make up for late update. Expect a double update if you read this before I post the other one.

Kyungsoo’s flashback is the fight scene that happened when Kai and Junhong were together in chapter 02.

Hope you guys like it. I know it’s a bit boring, but things will get a bit interesting in the next chapter.

And this is Kyungsoo when he's cross-dressed as a girl. Omo...the first time I saw this pic I was like really? He's so freaking pretty 0.0 lol. (I do not know if this is a real pic of Kyungsoo with a actual wig on or not. -Credit to original owner of pic)

image

 

<3 dububrit-on