Get A Life

Made For You (TaengSic)

 

Chapter Four: Get A Life!
 




“What the hell are you doing here again!?” Tiffany eyed Jessica as the blonde was seated on one of the prep tables. The latter simply shrugged, listening to music and avoiding Tiffany’s nag.

“Yah! Answer me!”

Jessica rolled her eyes and simply just maxed up the volume of her iTouch. She didn’t bother listening to her best friend because she knew that she would just be sent home either way. 

“Yuri! Could you drag Jessica out of this place?” 

Jessica pretended that she didn’t understand Tiffany and remained seated. Tiffany walked closer to her, held her hand, and then dragged her off the prep table. The blonde’s best friend then yanked her earphones off and said, “You should seriously get a life outside of work.”

“I do have one.” Jessica took the earphones that were in Tiffany’s hand. 

Tiffany shot her a glare, “Then what the hell are you doing here on your day off?” Jessica shrugged for the nth time. “I’m seriously going to chop those shoulders off if you’ll only shrug every time I talk to you.”

Since when was yelling just ‘talking’?

“If you roll your eyes one more time, I’ll seriously take your eye balls out of its sockets.” Tiffany threatened. 

“Yuri! Drag Jessica outside, please!” Yuri looked at Tiffany, then Jessica, who was also meeting her gaze. 

Jessica shot Yuri a glare, causing the latter to gulp down her saliva. The tanned girl then eyed her girlfriend, who was also glaring at her. I seriously need a new job. She thought to herself as she shut her eyes, ignoring the girls’ gazes.

“Yuri!” Her girlfriend called. She walked towards the duo and grabbed Jessica’s hand.

“Jessica, you’re of---“

“If you don’t want to get fired, you better get your hands off of me.” Jessica shot her another icy glare that sent shivers down Yuri’s spine. “I’m serious. I’ll be the one throwing you out of this restaurant if you follow her.” Jessica nodded once towards Tiffany’s direction; her eyes were still set on Yuri.

Yuri gulped once more. There was no trace of joke in Jessica’s words. She then looked at Tiffany, “Babe, why don’t you just let h---“

“If you want to sleep by yourself every night, go on dates by yourself, then so be it.”

Yuri then eyed Jessica, “Jessic---a” was the only thing she said as she was taken aback by how Jessica glared at her. “Oh! I’m cooking something!” Yuri ran towards the big stove in the middle of the kitchen in between those granite counter tops. 

Jessica eyed Tiffany, “You don’t bring personal life to work.”

Tiffany raised her brow, “You don’t make your work life your actual life.”

“I so do not!”

“Yes you do!”

“Do no---“

“Ouch!” The duo looked at the direction where it came from. It was Yuri. She ran towards the hand sink as she slowly ed the top part of her chef uniform. She placed her hand on running cold water and hit the paper towel dispenser vigorously. She then damped it with cold water and placed it on her chest. 

The duo ran towards their friend. They both witnessed the red mark on Yuri’s hand and some on her arm. There were also red spots on her chest. “What happened?”

Yuri chuckled shyly, her cheek were hinted with a slight pinkish shade. “I accidentally splattered hot oil on myself.”

“How the did you manage to do that? That’s pretty stup---“ Jessica bit her lower lip, stopping her words from finishing. Tiffany’s glare did wonders, and one of those wonders was actually controlling the ice princess. 

“Jessica, go get the first aid kit in the office.” Tiffany commanded. Jessica simply nodded and went ahead and got the first aid kit. She handed it to Tiffany as soon as she was back. “Thank you.”

Jessica just watched Tiffany affectionately put some ointment on her girlfriend’s burnt spots. Yuri then said, “I got burnt on my chest, too.” She finished; her eyes were pleading.

Tiffany gave her a smirk.

“Oh gosh, hell no!” Jessica said.

“What’s your problem?” Tiffany asked; eyes were still on Yuri’s arm as she applied medicine.

“Both of you just creep me out. Could you stop doing that at work?”

“Doing what?” Yuri asked.

“That! That nasty flirting thing!” Jessica rolled her eyes. 

“If you roll your eyes again, I’ll seriously remove those two balls you call eyes from its sockets.” Tiffany said as if she actually saw Jessica’s gesture.

Jessica gulped down. “Whatever. I’ll just go out for a ride.” 

“Good! Go do something fun! Get a life!” Yuri giggled at her girlfriend’s words.

Their workers were used to seeing them like this that they didn’t bother with their bosses. They just mind their own business and continue on with work as their bosses bicker back and forth. 

Jessica grabbed her helmet that was placed on the table and headed out, towards her motorbike. She started her engine and headed to nowhere in particular.

Jessica was driving down the road and was still undecided where she was headed to. She took a glance of each building she passed but nothing caught her attention. 

Everyone Jessica knew was either at work or in university. It that they could no longer hang out as much as they used to. Of course she couldn’t blame her other friends because she, too, was always busy.

Jessica sighed, I asked for this vacation and now I have nothing to do.

Jessica caught a glimpse of her Alma Matter but it was too late to go turn a right. She checked if the streets were clear and made a U-turn. She entered SSA International to where she graduated High School from.

The blonde was stopped by two security officers. “You can’t enter the school gates without a pass.” One of the two men said to her; voice was firm.

Jessica opened the windshield of her helmet, “Oh, sorry about that.” She opened her jacket, revealing her white tank top that hugged her body perfectly. She grabbed her wallet from the pocket inside her jacket. “Here.” She showed her alumni identification card.

“President Jung SooYeon Batch 2007.” Not only was Jessica an alumnus of the school but was also the former student council member, which gave her more power and authority even until now. They both looked at Jessica as she flashed them a smile.

They stared at her longer and so she said, “I’m here to see Narsha.”

“Oh, I’m sorry about that. You may go on.” 

“Thank you.” Jessica drove towards the parking lot. She walked towards the main building and noticed a familiar figure, “Narsha!” she called as she removed her helmet suavely. She tucked it under her arm.

A young lady turned Jessica’s way, revealing her small, beautiful face that was accented by her short, stylish hair. “Jessica?” As soon she noticed it was one of her former student, Narsha walked towards Jessica. “How are you?”

Jessica smiled and gave her favorite teacher a hug, “I’ve been fine, but busy. How about you?”

“Always busy.” She then eyed Jessica from head to toe, “I see you’re still the same old cool you.” Which made both of them laugh. 

“Cool? More like a rebel.”

“Hey! You, Hwang and Kwon were my first students in the Student council so I know you guys aren’t rebels. You’re just too cool for boring clothes.” 

Narsha looked down and examined her own clothes, black blazer and black skirt. Sigh sighed.

“Like those?” Jessica pointed as she giggled.

Narsha looked up and slapped Jessica’s arm, “Yes. Like these clothes.”

Jessica shook her head, “It’s not really bad. You still look hot.”

“Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.” Narsha shook her head. “Same old Jessica. Still trying to hit on me. You’re still not over me, huh, Baby Jung?” She then padded Jessica’s head.

“Psssh!” Jessica brushed Narsha’s hand away, “You wish! And I’ve never had a crush on you.”

Narsha simply smiled and asked, “What brings you here then?” She then raised her brow, “Isn’t it to visit your favorite teacher?”

“Maybe.” Jessica giggled.

“You haven’t visited me for months now. The least you could do is lie and say ‘yes’.” 

“Sure?” Jessica then thought of the reason why she was there. “You should go with me somewhere. I’m bored.”

“Huh?”

“Well, all my friends are still at work and you’re done with work. So it’s perfect!” She said excitedly.

Narsha frowned, “Jessica, I’m sorry I can’t hang out with you. I’m busy nowadays.”

Jessica pouted. Great. The only person she knew that’s available was just as busy as everyone else.

Narsha sighed, “Maybe next time we can all hang out. You, me, Tiffany, Yuri, and the others too!” After her first class’ graduation, she actually became good friends with them. They were just four years apart after all.

“So you are Kim’s girlfriend!” 

Narsha’s and Jessica’s attentions were averted to the girl who bellowed those words, and it was SoonKyu; the girl that Jessica unfortunately met yesterday.

“Who?” Jessica turned her head towards Narsha, “You’re dating a ‘Kim?’”

“No.” The teacher shook her head.

“I meant you! You wanna-be biker!”

Jessica rolled her eyes. Yes, this was girl rude girl alright. “I actually do have a bike.” Jessica pointed her thump over her shoulder towards where she parked. She then looked at Narsha, “You’re always stuck with the weird kids.”

“Yup. Including you.” She then looked at Soonkyu, and didn’t notice the glare Jessica gave her. “Do you know my friend, Sunny?”

“I thought her name’s Soonkyu?” 

“Don’t call me that!” The student yelled at Jessica. “Why don’t you go pick up your girlfriend and leave? You’re causing a ruckus!”

“Huh?” Was the only thing that left Jessica’s mouth. 

“You’re causing a scene. Look how many people are looking at you.” She pointed at the groups of people that were, in fact, looking at the odd person standing in their school. “Just go pick her up and leave.”

“Pick who up?” Jessica asked; she couldn’t follow who Sunny was talking about.

“Kim Taeyeon?” Sunny raised her brow.

“Yes?” A girl asked. They all turned their heads towards Taeyeon, who was walking down the stairs from the main entrance. “Jessica?”

Right. She does go to this school.

“Kim!” SoonKyu called. “Your girlfriend came here to pick you up.”

Taeyeon sighed, “How many times do I have to tell you, she’s not my girlfriend, SoonKyu.”

“You guys know each other?” Narsha asked; clueless about this little reunion.

“I don’t know that wanna-be.” Sunny then walked off, towards Sooyoung and their friends.

Taeyeon then nodded as she reached Narsha and Jessica. “I go to her restaurant a lot.”

Narsha nodded and looked at her watch, “Taeyeon, did the meeting finish early today?”

“Yes. We didn’t really have a lot to do.”

Narsha then put her hand over Jessica’s shoulder, “You should learn from this girl. She’s the President Jung.” She finished with a wink.

“You’re Jung Sooyeon?!” Taeyeon said in surprise.

“Weird huh? You’d think she looks more respectable.” Narsha giggled, and received a glare from the blonde.

Narsha smiled awkwardly, “I mean, people here think you’re an executive now. You did a lot in this school and even the principal thought your managing skills are tremendous.”

Jessica shook her head, “Whatever.” She then looked at Taeyeon, “Yes, that’s my Korean name.”

“Wow. You keep surprising me every time.” She flashed a smile.

“As much as I’d love to catch up with you guys, I actually have work.” Narsha gave Jessica a squeeze on the shoulder. “I’ll see you some other time, okay?”

Jessica nodded, “Bye.” There just went her only hope to have some fun. But then, a smirk suddenly surfaced on her face as she realized something.

“I’ll go ahea---“

“Hey, you wanna do something fun?”