Officially Unofficial

Made For You (TaengSic)

Chapter Thirteen: Officially Unofficial
 




“There.” Taeyeon said, smiling at Jessica. “It fits perfectly.” She patted the latter’s hand and stood straight up and was still looking at the older girl’s wrist. 

“Thank you.” The blonde stated once more. She did admire the watch on her for a second; however, the questions in her mind couldn’t leave her. She just couldn’t pay attention to what was in front of her that she didn’t realize that the kid was looking at her with the hint of concern in the younger’s eyes.

“You don’t like it.” By how the younger girl toned her words, it was clear to Jessica that it was more of a statement than a question. 

“No no no no! I love it.” Jessica shook both of her hands in front of her, trying to reassure Taeyeon. “Something’s just bugging me… “

Taeyeon looked her in the eye, “You can always tell me what it is, you know? Sometimes, talking to others help.”

The blonde simply gave her a soft smile without speaking for the first few seconds. “I’ll remember that.”

“I’m always here. Always.”

Did Taeyeon tell other people that, too? Would she be there just for anyone? The blonde sighed heavily through her nose as she gazed down. She then looked the younger girl in the eyes and said, “Me too. Don’t forget you can tell me anything.”

Taeyeon walked back towards the rail, looking at the people in the dance floor. Jessica trailed along, “Ughh…” The kid looked at Jessica, waiting for the older girl to say something. The blonde gulped, “Tell me something about yourself…” Taeyeon looked at Jessica with confusion in her eyes. “Like… just general stuff… like…” Jessica inhaled deeply, “why do you go on dates with people but not date them?”

“Huh?”

“Didn’t you say you go on dates, but not date?”

Taeyeon giggled, “I said, other students offered.”

Gulping, the blonde then asked “But you never went?”

“Never.”

“But I thought you were on a date with Sunny?”

“No. She asked, but I turned her down. She just went with me to buy that.” The kid nudged her head forward once, pointing at Jessica’s wrist. “We met Yuri there, too.”

“I’ve heard.” Jessica smiled.

“You know, I find it interesting that you, Tiffany, and Yuri have the same mannerism.” Taeyeon smiled a little as she recalled what happened yesterday, “I didn’t really know what to give you to be honest.” Jessica cocked her head to the side, looking at Taeyeon with questioning eyes. “Well, you have a restaurant, an amazing home, a cute dog, and all the things you probably want. So it’s hard to pick a gift to give to someone who basically has everything she wanted.”

Jessica gave her a soft smile. It was true. She did have a lot of things she wanted that money could buy. The smile suddenly vanished as caught a glimpse of Tiffany and Yuri making out on the dance floor. Everything that she had seemed like it wasn’t enough- that somehow, there was still more to life than what she had.

“When I saw Yuri look at her watch a couple of times, I then realized you do the same too. Even Tiffany does that sometimes too.” Taeyeon paused for a bit, swallowing her saliva. “Then, I kinda remembered… like… everything she did just told me…”

“Told you what?”

“Forget it.” Taeyeon shook her head.

Jessica reached for Taeyeon’s arm and shook her a little, “Come on! You can’t leave me hanging like this.” Taeyeon remained mum. “It’s my birthday… you can’t do this to me.”

Sighing, Taeyeon then spoke, “That I missed being with you.” Taeyeon then quickly looked at Jessica. “I-I mean, we do talk a lot. When I wake up in the morning, I’ll either text you or get a text from you... it’s just that ever since we’ve met each other... everything seemed...” Taeyeon sighed, “It seemed different.”

Jessica looked at Taeyeon, who was pouting. Maybe she had been a bit pushy. Maybe texting her every day was too much. “How is it different? Do you want me to stop?”

“No!”

Neither one of them wanted to talk. Jessica just started at the dance floor where everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. She looked at her watch and it read 12:22 AM. 

“Are you sure you like the watch?” Taeyeon asked as she saw Jessica looking at her watch.

Jessica nodded, “I love it. Really.” Taeyeon simply smiled at her. Not wanting the conversation to end, Jessica then said “What are you doing tomorrow? I mean today.” She laughed a little.

The kid pressed her lips together, thinking. “Well in the morning, I’d probably have breakfast with my parents. In the afternoon, finish my homework. That’s about it. How about you?”

“I’ll have dinner with Tiffany, Yuri, and my parents at their house.”

“Ah.”

“Wanna come with?”

“Eh!? Me?!”

Jessica nodded, “Who else?”

“It’s nice of you, but…” Taeyeon looked away.

“But?”

“I don’t want to impose.” Shades of pink suddenly took over Taeyeon’s cheeks.

Jessica giggled, “What? I’m inviting you for a reason. Like a date.” The look on Taeyeon’s face suddenly changed so Jessica quickly said “I mean, like not a date, date… but like a date! Like… you know! Those dates’ friends have!”

“So, it’s not like you’re also offering to date me without commitment like the others?”

“Well,” Jessica laughed awkwardly. To gain back her pride, she joked “if you really want to pretend to be my girlfriend and all, why not?” 

“Okay.” 

“Huh?”

“Okay.” Taeyeon’s lips curved upwards a little, and then shied away quickly.

“Okay what?” Jessica’s heart started palpitating. What did the kid agree with? Were they officially an unofficial couple? Jessica didn’t really mean to ask the kid out, but just what happened? How did this end up like this!?

“Okay, I’ll go with you tomorrow.” 

With Taeyeon’s answer, Jessica felt her heart sunk a little. Why was she even hopeful to begin with? She knew better. “Great…” That sounded less enthusiastic than she hoped for her voice to sound. “My paren—“

“And I’ll go on dates with you.”

Jessica’s heart stopped beating for a second; her mind didn’t really process that much. She menally slapped herself to bring herself back to earth and said, “You—you’ll go on dates with me?”

“I mean… I do enjoy being with you… so why not? There’s no commitment… we’ll just do what lovers do, right?” The kid then looked Jessica in the eyes but quickly averted her gaze towards the dance floor.

“Yeah! No commitment at all. Like, just go on dates… friendly dates…”

“Okay.” 

“Okay…”

Neither one of them talked. Jessica in particular didn’t really know what to say to Taeyeon since it was her first unofficial relationship. So, what was expected from her anyway? Well, it was better to just shut up and go with the flow, she concluded.

After those awkward silences and glances from the two, they didn’t realize that it was already almost two in the morning until Jessica glanced at her new watch. 

“Sho---Should I take you home now?” She looked at Taeyeon – their eyes were meeting.

Taeyeon looked down quickly, “I can just call my driver…” she mumbled.

“But I thought we’re dating? I mean, not dating but dating. So shouldn’t you experience this? I am your ‘girlfriend’ after all.” Jessica used her fingers to quote the word and continued, “It’s part of being in a relationship. It’s natural to be dropped off…” Noticing that Taeyeon was biting her lips, Jessica felt like she was being a little too pushy. She just wanted to take Taeyeon home, but if it was too much, she knew she had to stop. “Actually... you can go ah---“

“Okay.”

“Huh?” Was she saying okay that she would call her driver? Was she able to pick up what Jessica was trying to say? Whatever ‘okay’ Taeyeon said was usually unbeknownst to Jessica.

“You can take me home. I mean, I did say I want to experience what lovers do and this is one of them.”

Jessica nodded and then offered her slightly trembling hand for Taeyeon to take. “Let’s go.” Taeyeon looked at it for a quick second, and grabbed it as she looked away.

 

****


“How dare you leave us last night!” Tiffany bellowed as she entered Jessica’s room and Yuri trailed along.

Groaning, Yuri said, “Babe, please don’t yell. My head still hurts. Stupid hangover.”

Tiffany ignored Yuri and walked towards Jessica, shaking the blonde so hard. “It’s already three in the afternoon. Wake up! You need some explaining to do!”

“Go away…” Jessica mumbled. “I don’t need you here.”

“Wake up!” The best friend said as she shook Jessica a bit harder this time. “We’ll meet your parents in two hours!”

“You’re annoying.” 

“Jessica,” Yuri called. “Where did you go last night? Did you get laid or something?” 

Jessica sighed, slowly getting up from her bed as she massaged her temples. This couple was really annoying, Jessica thought as she was sitting on her bed.

The tan girl then continued as she sat on the edge of Jessica’s bed. “You know, that’s cheating. You can’t cheat on the kid. Tsk!” 

“You had !? What?!” Tiffany exclaimed, “I know I told you to find a partner but one night stands aren’t advisable! You might get HIV from t---“

“Shut up.” Jessica pleaded. “I didn’t get laid. Do you see any girl in my bed? Plus, why would I cheat on Taeyeon? We’re not even official.”

“WHAT?!” Yuri bellowed; her hands on her cheeks. “You guys are dating?! Since when?! It was only yesterday that you said you didn’t care if she and that other midget were going out! What?! When?! Tell me!”

Jessica sighed, “Shut up. You’re giving me a headache.”

“So you left me and Yuri for Taeyeon?” Tiffany had a smirk on and shook her head. “I feel cheated.” She playfully commented. 

“Tell me!” Yuri commanded. “How did it happen?!”


“Nothing. We just decided that we’ll go on dates.” She grabbed her phone on the nightstand, checking her messages and a smile gradually formed across her face. She read Taeyeon’s message that said:

“I don’t know what to sa---“ Tiffany read the message out loud but stopped as soon as Jessica covered the screen with her hand. She then glared at her best friend. “What? I just wondered what made you smile. It turns out, it was just Taeyeon. I’m happy for you.” She flashed a smile. Tiffany then walked towards the door and then shouted, “Jessica’s one love struck teenager.” She then stuck her tongue out.

Grunting, Jessica threw the phone on her bed. Tiffany saw the gesture and she automatically knew what was going to happen next. She suddenly ran towards the stairs, and Jessica was running after her. 

Like always, Yuri was just following these two around. “Jessica, you shouldn’t even pretend to be her girlfriend.” The tanned girl was holding Jessica’s phone. “Don’t you like her?”

When Jessica saw what was in Yuri’s hands, she immediately ran towards her, snatching her phone from Yuri. “I don’t like her!”

“Don’t pretend. We all know you do.”

“Shut up. I don’t. Leave my house and get ready! We’re meeting my parents soon!” She marched towards her stairs, mumbling some things to herself.

“Awwwe, little Jessica’s flustered. How cute.” Tiffany said as she headed towards the door. “Don’t worry. I’m sure she’s happy to be in this pretend relationship like she said.” Tiffany finished as she exited the condominium.

With that, Jessica checked her phone again. She re-read the message sent by Taeyeon, and like the effects that it brought in earlier, Jessica couldn’t help but smile.

I don’t know what to say. Should it be the usual good morning, ahjumma or should it be something else? I just want you to know… I’m really happy that it’s you.


---------------

Okay so a lot of you people didn't like the cliffhanger i left the other chapter. okay, this is NOT a cliffhanger! lmao.

uhmmm, so they arent dating but they're basically going to do what lovers do. get it? :)

idk if it's done here in ssf before... but like.. i havent read anything similar... i mean.. idk. I try to be different.. 

anyway... i just hope you liked it. ><" it was brain draining to be honest. lol! coz it has to show the awkwardness around them... and i didnt want to kill the chapter with a lot of description that will cause that awkward atmosphere to go away.. so yeah.. anyway... yeah. ><" im babbling stuff now. T_T