Down for the Count

Blue Moon

 Meanwhile, Kai was frantically searching for everyone and anyone he could find. He watched as Kris’ dragon circled the large tree that symbolized the life of the planet. He let out a deep breath through his nose before disappearing again in a cloud of smoke. When he found someone, he directed them outside of the city limits, away from the tree’s reach, where he instructed Suho to watch over the city’s inhabitants. Again the gray smoke engulfed him, he traveled mostly in blind fury, as he became very anxious with the troubling event at hand. He stopped. The gray cloud dispersed around him.
“KAI!” He heard a voice shout from behind him. It quickly turned around and saw Lay crouching over a figure.
“Quick! Help Me!” Lay was trying to pick up a large fragment from a near by building off a body. “Quick! It’s D.O.!” Lay was slightly panicked, which opposed his normal presence.
Kai wasted no time picking up a corner of the boulder, pushing it upward with all his strength as Lay did the same. But between the two of them they didn’t have the strength to lift the heavy object.
“What happened?” Kai was concerned and tried to grasp what was going on with the little knowledge he had.
Lay’s face just showed worried and horror as he tried to remember the events that happened.
“We… We- we were running, when D.O. said he noticed something was off. He suddenly stopped moving and became very focused. Then he stomped on the ground and it shook. I- I don’t know why he did it, but he seems to know what-s goin-“ Before Lay could finish there was a loud cough. Kai and Lay looked at their friend, who was beginning to cough up blood. The pressure was on now.
“Lets try again.” Kai advised. Lay nodded as he got into position to move the boulder. “1… 2… 3…” Kai counted as they began to push. After trying their hardest, they collapsed in exhaustion.
They were both breathing heavily watching the unconscious body that laid before them in worry.
There was a loud crack, as Kai looked to the sky. Kris’ dragon was no longer protecting the city and that could only mean one thing, their time was up.
Kai glanced at Lay as adrenaline rushed through his body. “How bad is he? Can he make it?”
“What?!” Lay shouted confused, though he understood there was no time left.
“If we jump,” he began, referring to his transportation as a jump, “Will he make it?”
Kai was running low on energy; he couldn’t waste it if he couldn’t save him, since everyone was counting on him to take them to a safe place.
Lay’s face was distraught as he placed his arms around D.O. “I think he can.” He said. “It’ll be hard on his body, but if it’s quick I think he could make it.”
Lay knew what would happen if D.O. made the jump, but that was something he couldn’t worry about until after.  
“Fine,” Kai took a deep breath before roughly grabbing hold of Lay and placing a hand on D.O.
“You better be able to help him.” Kai glared at Lay. Before Lay could reply back they disappeared in a smog, just as the rest of the near by building fell where they once were.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh No what will happen? It looks like I did have a chance to wrie another chapter. I have ideas what I want to write next but I'm not sure how to piece it together quite yet. I hope you enjoyed it!

I'll try to update again soon but i can't make promises however, I do find it very fun to write. :D

Once again THANK YOU AND ENJOY!!!