Guests

I don't believe in fairytales, not anymore

 

 Thank you for the subbies and comments :D They make me really happy^^

Love ya,

KataKatica  


 

That night was the worst night of my life. Ever. Well, it didn't start as bad as I would have thought, since the guests were really important and I wasn't the only one who had to make the preparations. For once, the cook was the one who made the food and not me.

In exchange for that though, I had to clean the whole dining room and I was the one who would act as the 'waiter'. I hated that because my adoptive sister would always stick out her foot to trip me, or she'd just accidentally' knock me down with the food. This pretty much resulted in a worse beating since I was 'clumsy' or I 'threw the food on the ground on purpose'. Yeah right. Sometimes it was like they were just looking for excuses to hurt me.

After I finally cleaned the dining room and set the table with their most expensive plates and cutlery, I had to go and change into a waiter outfit. It was really uncomfortable since it was really loose on me (I have to admit that I wasn't too fed often, but I could ignore hunger by then) and still, it was really heavy. My ribs were still aching from the previous beating but I knew that I had to act strong. I brushed my hair a bit until I looked acceptable and walked back to where my adoptive mother was.

'Kibum,' she started on her annoying, high-pitched voice.' I really hope that you can serve the food right for once. The Kims are good friends of mine, and we might unite our companies..'she talked on and on but when she said 'Kims' my mind totally went blank. I knew that Jonghyun's father owned a company, but I couldn't let them see me now. If they did...I would die of embarrassment. I was tiny, maybe not in height but I was extremely skinny and my whole body was full of bruises. I could barely walk straight because of the pain I felt with every step I took. I was on the brink of collapsing. And still, I had to keep going on. Even if it was them, I would have to serve them. Hopefully they wouldn't recognize me now.. I couldn't let that happen.

An hour later, the guests arrived. And it was them. Mrs Kim with her beautiful, motherly face and loving eyes stepped into the hall. As a good servant (slave) I had to take her coat and hang it on the clothanger. I hissed in pain when I had to reach up to hang it. My back started to hurt more and more, but I ignored the pain. At least that was something I was good in.

'Where is your son and husband?' my adoptive mother asked Mrs Kim as she led her to the dinner. Even though her voice was happy, I knew that she was just faking it. She just wanted their money, nothing else.. I had to follow them. I was staring at the floor, not daring to look at Mrs Kim. I knew that she would recognize me. She had always told me that I was her second son. When my parents died, they wanted to adopt me, or so Jonghyun told me. He was really confused when I was adopted by the Shin family, and not his. I was too, but.. I was more of.. disappointed.. And I even felt a little betrayed..

'They are coming now, Jonghyun just had to park the car..' Mrs Kim said as she sat down on one of the comfy-looking chair. I wasn't allowed to sit on them anymore. A lone tear slid down my face as I looked at the familiar woman who was talking to my adoptive mother.

Deep down, I wanted her to recognize me. I wanted her to hug me again, like after my parents.. passed away. I wanted her to tell me that it was going to be Ok. But she would never do these to me. I was just a slave, nothing else.

Still staring at the ground, I waited for the orders. I guess I looked like a regular waiter who just didn't know what to do. Suddenly, my adoptive sister, SeKyung (I have nothing against her, but this was the only family I could come up with since I am really lazy) rushed passed me, knocking me into the table. I cried out in pain, but I was already turning towards her to apologize for standing in her way.

'I am sorry..' I whispered as I bowed to her deeply. I could barely contain my tears as I did so.. It hurt so much.. She smirked at me as she pretended to apologize as well. I guess it was because of Mrs Kim, who was looking at us curiously.

'Have I seen you before?' she asked me as she stood up to get a closer look on me. I shook my head with an awkward smile.

'No, Ma'am, I doubt it.' I whispered as I once again stared at the ground. SeKyung, who was still standing next to me, kicked my foot to show me that I wasn't even supposed to talk. Yeah right, I was a slave.

'I could have sworn I have.. 'Mrs Kim said, but she sat back down and continued to talk with my 'mother.' I knew that I would be punished when the guests had left, but still, I wanted them to leave. I didn't want Jonghyun to see me.

'JONGIE!' SeKyung squealed suddenly and finally left my side, only to tackle the said boy.. He.. he had changed. He looked a bit taller than he had been and also he just looked manlier and.. better I guess? I quickly looked away when he noticed that I was staring at him. SeKyung was glaring daggers at me, I knew that she was already planning my punishment. And it was going to hurt..

Jonghyun passed me and I could feel his eyes on me before he sat down. I was sure that he had forgotten about me, because he looked in my direction with disgust in his eyes.. I just wanted to die..

A few minutes later, I was told to serve the food. I served the soup easily, but after I put the bowl down, I started to feel strangely dizzy. I shrugged it off, maybe it was because I hadn't eating in a long time. The main course and the dessert passed as well, and luckily  I managed not to trip in SeKyung's foot. I felt a bit prouf of myself. I didn't screw anything up, maybe my punishment would be less severe..

But when the guests left and I was dragged into the basement, I had a feeling that this punishment might be the last.