Chapter 7

I Never Meant To Hurt You...

When you first open your eyes, you see a bright white light. Are you dead? But then the lights start to dim down and fade away, leaving people in it's place. There's a crowd of people surrounding your bed, probably around six or seven, all of them staring at you.

"How are you feeling?" One of the girls asks. She looks like a doctor.

"Mm.....where am I?" You ask looking around.

"The hospital. You were in a car accident? Do you remember this?"

"Uhm....sort of....." You remember little snippets of that night, but not everything.

"Ok...do you know who these people are?" The doctor asks gesturing to the remaining people. A group of five boys.

You stare at them all for a second, "Ah! Youngbae!"

Youngbae looks startled, then nods.

"Seung....hyun?"

"Hi." Seunghyun nodded.

"Seungri."

"Mornin beautiful." Seungri winked.

"Daesung."

"Yayy!!! You're okay!! You remember me!" Daesung smiled widely.

"And you're......" You frown at the last person. He looks at you with intense eyes. He looks awful, like he hasn't eaten in ages.

"You.....you don't remember Jiyong.....?" Youngbae asked dumbfounded.

"Jiyong....? That name.....I know that name....." You can't quite put your finger on it but you feel like you know him from somewhere...

The one named Jiyong opened his mouth like he was going to say something, then shut it again and looked down at the floor. He looks sad, lonely. For some reason it makes you want to hug him.

"So, do you know what you were doing in you car when you were in the accident?" The doctor asked.

"I-I think I was looking for something. I'm not sure what, but I remember it was really important."

Youngbae and Jiyong gave each other a look, and then looked away.

"Well, this is normal, considering you've been in a coma for two weeks." The doctor said looking at her clip board.

"Wait. Two weeks????" You ask startled.

"Yes!! I've been so worried about you!!" Daesung wailed hugging you. The rest of the boys nodded except for Jiyong. For some reason he wouldn't look into your eyes....it was starting to bug you.

"Ah. Hyung. I think today was the day that her car was done at the repair shop right? We should go pick it up." Seungri said to Seunghyun.

"Oh really? Ok let's go."
"Ah! Don't leave me alone! I just woke up!"

"It's okay. Jiyong will stay with you." Youngbae nodded.

"But-!" Both you and Jiyong say at the same time.

"We'll be back soon~!" And they all hurried out the door.

There was an awkward silence for a while as the two of you just sat there. Then Jiyong asked,

"Do you really not remember me?"

"Huh?"

"You're not just pretending?"
"Why would I pretend to not remember you?" You ask curiously.

"Ah. Nothing."

"O-ok......."

"Maybe it's cause you wanted to forget........."

"Pardon?"

"Nothing. Just talking to myself that's all." Jiyong smiled.

When Jiyong smiled it made your heart flutter. But it wasn't a happy smile. No, his smile was full of sadness. You wanted to hug him again, but instead you ask,

"So....who are you to me? Since I don't remember....."

"I'm-" Jiyong stopped, "I'm your friend. I'm the leader of Big Bang?"
"Oh really?? Strange....you'd think I'd remember that....."

"Yeah...but I'm thinking of quitting."

"What??? Why??"

"I-I just think-. Well actually. I'm moving. The other members don't know, but I'm going to move out of Korea. I can't stay as a famous singer. There's just too many ways people could find out..."
"Hmm? Find out what?"

Jiyong stares at you after hearing your question. Feeling nervous you say,
"Ahh it's okay you don't have to tell me...sorry for being nosy."

"Nah it's okay. I just meant the usual stuff you know? Fan girls are always trying to find out everything when you're famous. One tried to find out where I keep my underwear....." Jiyong shuddered.

"Wahhh it must be hard being famous!" You laugh.

"The worst part is relationships....trying so hard to keep those secret." Jiyong looked directly at you when he said this.

"Why do you have to keep it secret?" You ask.

"Cause if you don't, fan girls can be really horrible to your girlfriend....."

"Ah I see.....fan girls sound scary. Haha I guess I'm one of them though." You laugh again.

When you laugh Jiyong smiles. This time it's a genuine happy smile. The sight of it makes your heart stop for a moment and you start to blush. Trying to find something to talk about, you say,

"Well I-I don't think you should quit."
"Really? Why not?"

"I love Big Bang! It wouldn't be the same without you." You smile.

"Heh. Guess they might need their leader huh? I'll think about it."

You smile as Jiyong looks out the window. It was gorgeous outside, sunny and warm. But it was nothing in comparision to Jiyong. He was just so perfect. You try to shake the feeling out of your heart (You've only just met him today!) but the feeling seems so......familiar......so nostalgic.......