It's Over - RicSyung

Shinhwa Drabbles and One-Shots collection

 

“PILKYO! WHERE IS MY BLACK SHIRT?! CAN YOU PUT EVERYTHING RIGHT?”


“WHERE IS MY SHOE HYUNG? WHERE DO YOU ING PUT IT?!”
 

“THIS IS SHOULD BE PUT ON REFRIGERATOR, YOU STUPID BRAT!”
 

“I DON’T WANT TO EAT THIS AGAIN!”
 

“DO YOU BRING WHAT I TOLD YOU? WHERE IS MY BEER?!”
 

“I HATE FOOD THAT YOU MAKE HYUNG! YOU SHOULD BUY SOMETHING FOR ME!”

Hyesung just stared at his dad and little brother sadly. He just arrived at home, soaked like a helpless rat and got all the yells. He took a deep breath and clenched his fist. Trying hard to hold his urge to cry. He doesn’t want to cry and looks weak in front of his family. No matter what it’s all his fault. It’s true he never put everything right in place. He’s incompetent, clumsy, and stupid. But at least he tried. He’s trying his best to clean up their house and do chores everyday. Cook food for them. Even working his off after school so they still have a normal life and don’t have to beg food to people.

The only woman in their family just died. 5 months ago. It makes whole family down. His father keeps drinking while his brother keeps crying. Hyesung is the one who can move on and take care of his family. But his family took it wrong and said Hyesung is the cause why their mother and wife died. Technically it’s not Hyesung’s fault but they keep saying if she didn’t visit his school to talk to Hyesung’s homeroom teacher about how smart Hyesung at school. The car won’t hit her on her way home. Since that, they keep yelling, ordering, and swearing at Hyesung. Hyesung just receive their hatred and take all the blame. 

“D- dad, your black shirt still at the laundry. I’ll take it tonight and about beer, I didn’t buy it because it’s not good for you health. Jinkyo, I cleaned your shoe. It’s at backyard and probably still wet. And about food, I thought you said you like it the best so I cook it for-”
“WHO ARE YOU CAN DECIDE WHAT’S GOOD AND NOT GOOD FOR ME?! YOU’RE NOT MY MOTHER, IN FACT YOU ARE MY SON! GO BUY IT FOR ME NOW OR I’LL BURN YOUR CDs TONIGHT!”
“WHAT THE ! WHAT SHOULD I WEAR TONIGHT? I HAVE A PARTY AND THAT SHOE FIT MY TEE. I USED TO SAY THAT BUT NOW I’M NOT! I HATE ALL YOUR COOK! BUY SOMETHING EDIBLE TO ME TO EAT NOW!”
“b-but.. it’s raining hard now… Our umbrella is broken and-” Before Hyesung finished his sentence, his father approached him and gripped his collar.
“I don’t care Pilkyo. Listen to me now. If you want your CDs safe, go buy beer for me, food for Jinkyo and umbrella on your way back home. I don’t want Jinkyo eat wet food” His father said then slapped Hyesung hard on his face. Jinkyo smiled and nodded.
“Okay dad. I’ll buy it now” Hyesung said in defeat and walked out weakly as wiped the blood that running down his lips.

Rain still pouring hard, Hyesung walked in the middle of rain as clenching his chest. His beloved dad and brother changed and hate him. It hurt so much and he can’t help to cry. He misses his old family. How they joke with him, praise him, and talk to him. Thinking about that made Hyesung feels dizzy, but he keeps walking to the near store. Suddenly someone patted his back and cover him with umbrella.

“Hyesung-ah, what are you doing in the middle of rain?” Eric, Hyesung best friend asked. Hyesung tried to wipe his tears that still streaming down before faced his best friend.
“Are you crying? Why are you crying Hyesungie?” Eric asked again. Hyesung shook his head but his tears still flowing down. Eric wiped Hyesung’s tears then his eyes gone wide. He moved his hand to Hyesung’s forehead and neck.
“Oh my god, Hyesungie you had a high fever!” Eric shouted.
“I’m fine Eric. It’s okay. I need to buy something and fast before my dad ma- ah nothing” Hyesung smiled weakly then left Eric but Eric grabbed his arm.
“You should go home Sungie. I’ll you home” Eric said.
“I’m fine Eric. I’m fi-” Before Hyesung can finished his sentence, Hyesung fainted. Luckily Eric caught him before he falls to the ground.

Eric opened his room then laid Hyesung on his bed. He ran to take a new towel and his small cloth. He dried Hyesung with the towel and changed his soaked cloth. Eric looked at his best friend; well actually his crush lovingly and caress his cheek. Eric can feel Hyesung’s burn cheek. Eric stood up and prepared a cold compress for Hyesung. He compressed Hyesung forehead and wiped Hyesung’s tears and sweat. Since Hyesung’s mother died, Hyesung never spend time with him like he used to do and never smile. Eric misses him so much. Every time he asked the latter what’s going on, the latter always shrugged him off and ignore him. Suddenly he heard Hyesung called his mother in his sleep and keep chanting, “I’m sorry father and Jinkyo” many times. Eric realized that he should call his family and told Hyesung is with him now. He reached up his phone and called Hyesung’s house.

”Hello?”
“Hello abo-nim, this is Eric. Do you remember me?”
“Yes of course, Pilkyo’s friend, right?”
“Yes abo-nim. I just want to inform you that I met Pilkyo on street soaked in rain then he fainted. I brought him to my apartment”
“really?”
“Yes abo-nim… I’ll him home when he awakes. Maybe tomorrow, because it’s getting late now.”
“It’s okay, thank you son”
“Your welcome abonim”
With that Eric hung up the phone and approached his unconscious friend.

Hyesung looks totally pale and sick. Eric changed the compress and added it to Hyesung’s armpit, Behind Hyesung’s neck, and behind Hyesung’s knees. He learned it once when his mother compressed his sister. After a few changed, Hyesung’s fever down. Eric smiled then intertwined his finger together with Hyesung’s and rested his head beside their intertwine hand.

“Where am I?” Hyesung opened his eyes. He tried to sit up but fail. He’s body too weak. He looked at the side; he can see Eric sleeping and their intertwined hand. Hyesung smiled. He felt sorry because he always ignored his caring best friend. 
“Hyesung, you awake?” Eric asked as sit up beside Hyesung’s body. Hyesung nodded and smiled. Eric placed his other hand on Hyesung’s temple then neck.
“Thanks god your fever is gone. Are you hungry? I’m gonna make you a soup” Eric said and stood up.
“Wait! What time is it? Oh my god! I made dad and Jinkyo wait!” Hyesung said panicky. He stood up but failed and fell to the ground. Eric ran to Hyesung and helped him to the bed.
“What are you doing Hyesung? You still weak. Listen, you wait here while as prepared your meal” Eric said firmly. He can see Hyesung looked at him with feared and tears glistened his eyes.
“What happen Hyesung? You can tell me everything and you know that” Eric tone softened then removed Hyesung’s bang that covered his face before hugged him. Hyesung stayed still then crying all his heart on Eric’s chest. Eric soothed and caressed Hyesung’s back. He doesn’t know what happen but he knows it must be hard for Hyesung.

“I- I have to go home now Eric… I- I can’t make my- my family waiting…” Hyesung finally said something after he calmed down.
“I’ve called your dad and told him that I’ll you home tomorrow” Eric explained to Hyesung.
“The- then… what did he said?” Hyesung asked. He bowed down his head like afraid to hear what his father said.
“He said okay and thanked me before hung up the phone” Eric said. Hyesung looked up to Eric and looked him in disbelief.
“Now you already know. I’ll make you a soup. Wait here and don’t go anywhere” Eric said then left Hyesung to the kitchen.

“Thanks a lot for the soup Eric… This is delicious” Hyesung smiled when Eric spooned the last spoon to Hyesung’s mouth. Eric smiled back then put the bowl on bedside table.
“Hyesung, why are you cried? Something happened?” Eric asked in concern as caressed Hyesung’s check lovingly. Hyesung face changed. He shook his head and bowed down his head feeling guilty toward Eric.
“Hyesung… You know I always here, right? It’s okay if you’re not ready to tell me. Just tell me how to help you” Eric said softly. Hyesung looked at Eric eyes. Opened his mouth ready to tell him something but he closed it. Opened it again then closed it. He repeated that action a few times and finally shook his head.
“I- I’m sorry Eric… It’s not that I’m not trust you… it’s just… just… I can’t tell you…” Hyesung started to cry again.
“Don’t cry Hyesung. I’m here… Why don’t you just sleep? I’ll wake you up tomorrow then we go home together. Thank god tomorrow is saturday” Eric smiled then helped Hyesung to laid his body on the bed and blanket him.
“Whe- where are you going Eric?” Hyesung asked gripped Eric’s arm as prevent Eric from leaving him.
“I’m going to sleeping on the couch” Eric smiled then removed Hyesung’s hand from his arm.
“ple- please sleep with me Eric… You can’t sleep on the couch” Hyesung pleaded. Eric nodded then he laid himself beside Hyesung.
“E- Eric… can I… can I hug you?” Hyesung asked shyly.
“What are you talking about Hyesung?” Eric asked made Hyesung bowed his head immediately. Eric chuckled then lift Hyesung’s face.
“Of course you can sweety… Are you forgot we used to sleep and cuddling together?” Eric smiled and hugged Hyesung tightly. Hyesung hugged him back and smiled on Eric’s chest. Eric’s hug and smell made him peaceful. It’s okay, right if he enjoyed Eric company and forget about everything just for one night. He thought as closed his eyes.
“You know what… I miss you so much Hyesung … where are you going after school? We never hang out like we used to do” Eric complained and all he got just Hyesung’s soft snore as answer. Eric smiled then kissed Hyesung’s hair.
“I want to help you Hyesung. I hope you letting me in into you trouble and settle it together. I can’t see you suffering everyday and do nothing. I love you Hyesung” He whispered and kissed Hyesung’s hair again before he drifted to sleep.

-----------

Hyesung woke up and found he still in Eric embrace. Hyesung smiled and removed Eric’s hand that circled his body carefully. He doesn’t want to wake Eric up. After he succeeds, he stood up and goes to the bathroom to take a shower. He finished and found Eric still sleeping. He went to kitchen and makes a breakfast for Eric. Breakfast is ready and he go back to Eric’s room to grab his bag and write Eric a note before going home.

Hyesung opened his house door and found his father and his brother slept on the couch. Hyesung put some foods and beer on the dining table then blanket his father and brother. Thank god he came before they awake or else they’ll explode when wake up without food available on the table. Hyesung heated some food and placed it on the table. He cleaned the house a little then he heard his father yawned.

------

Eric woke up and found his bed empty. He walked to the kitchen hoped Hyesung there and sipped his coffee. But the kitchen is empty too. Eric sighed then ate the food that Hyesung made for him. When he finished, he found a letter on his bedside. He opened and read it.

Thanks a lot for your help Eric.
I’m sorry for going home without telling you.
I made you a breakfast. Hope you like it.

I’m so sorry, it’s not that I’m not trust you.
Actually nothing happen and I’m just being a crying baby last night.
Trust me. Nothing happened.
I’m sorry for soaked your chest with my tears.

And for your confession last night, I hear it~
I miss you too so much Eric
See you on Monday~

Hyesung


Eric smiled after read the letter. But Eric knows. Hyesung lied to him. There is no way Hyesung cried without any reason. He knows Hyesung since they were in diaper and Hyesung rarely cried. Maybe he should go to Hyesung’s house to make sure he arrived safely or not. When he wants to go to the shower, his phone rang then he picks it up and heard weird voice from the other line.

--------------------------------


“So you’re home? How was your night with your crush, Pilkyo?” His father asked sarcastically.
“Breakfast is ready dad” Hyesung said and ignored his father question.
“I asked you Pilkyo!” His father raised his tone and glared to Hyesung.
“I- It was nothing dad... I was sick and-”
“Sick my ?! You just seek for sympathy, huh?”
“I- I’m not dad”
“ and you told him how poor are you and how we abuse you, right kiddo?” Hyesung’s dad grabbed Hyesung’s collar then throw him to the wall.
“I’m… I’m not dad” Hyesung answered weakly as tried to stand up.
“You made my wife died. Made my Jinkyo sad and now you want to throw me to the jail? How ungrateful you are!” Hyesung’s father approached Hyesung then slapped him.
“I- I swear dad! I never told anyone and I don’t want you life in jail !!! I love you. You are my family. My everything. I was wrong dad. I’m sorry” Hyesung said in his tears. His body trembled hard.
“It’s hard huh living with us? How about follow your mother to heaven? Isn’t it great?” His father took out his folding knife from his pocket. He grinned widely.
“I’m… I’m sorry dad” Hyesung pleaded. He afraid. Really afraid. His father started aimed the knife to Hyesung’s neck.
“You’ll meet your mother and it's over... you free from us. Isn’t that nice?” His father asked then putted the knife into his neck and moved it playfully. Hyesung just cried and accept whatever his dad does. Suddenly the door slammed open and a figure pushed Hyesung’s dad away from Hyesung.
“What are you doing abonim? Pilkyo is your son for god sake!” Eric yelled and helped Hyesung.
“Aaah finally the prince comes to save the princess. Move son, or I’ll kill you” Hyesung’s father smiled and walked slowly toward Hyesung and Eric.
“Move Eric” Hyesung whispered but Eric stood still.
“Abonim, you should stop. You can’t blame Pilkyo for everything-”
“Then who should take the blame?!?!” Hyesung’s father shouted and he broke down suddenly.
“I know I wrong! I should strong and move on but I can’t. I-” Hyesung’s father cried and Hyesung ran to his dad.
“I’m sorry dad... I’m-”
“Don’t touch me!” Hyesung’s dad shouted.
“I- I- I…” Hyesung can’t say anything. His tears still streaming down and it’s hurt to see your own father broke down like that.
“I’ve called rehab center and they’ll come in minutes. Your father should take a therapy” Eric whispered to Hyesung. Hyesung looked at Eric then nodded weakly.
People from rehab center come and take Hyesung’s father with him. Hyesung cried but his father laughed like crazy.
“It’s okay Hyesung, they’ll take care of your father” Eric whispered and Hyesung just nodded.

“How do you know, Eric?” Hyesung asked and looked at Eric blankly.
“Well, Jinkyo called me and tell everything” Eric answered. Suddenly Hyesung’s eyes widened.
“WHERE IS JINKYO?!?!” He asked Eric panicky.
“He’s in his room. He packed something I think” Eric said. Hyesung run to Jinkyo room and found Jinkyo packed his stuff while crying.
“Where are you going, Jinkyo-ah?” Hyesung asked as sat beside him.
“I- I’m sorry hyung… I didn’t mean it… I swear… Dad said I should hate you… I don’t want at first but he keep telling me that you will kill me like you did to mother… then I… I’m sorry… I just realize I was wrong… I’m sorry hyung… I’m sorry…” Jinkyo said between his sob. Hyesung shook his head then hugged his little brother.
“It’s okay Jinkyo… I understand… Stop crying, okay?” Hyesung smiled as wiped his brother’s tears.
“Where are you going?” Hyesung asked again.
“I- I’m going to stay at dorm… I don’t want to trouble you again…”
“It’s okay Jinkyo-”
“No hyung,,, it’s not okay… My friends will fetch me in minutes-. ahh, they’re arrived already. I’m going now. You don’t have to send me money; I’ll find a part time job there. Goodbye hyung” Jinkyo hugged his brother then going downs stair to meet his friend left Hyesung dumbfounded.

“It’s over Hyesung… It’s over” Eric said to Hyesung then hugged him.
“But I don’t want this. I can’t live with my family and it’s all because of me” Hyesung said and bowed his head. Eric cupped his head and looked into his eyes.
“it’s the best for now. You can live with your family when your dad healed. You can visit him whenever you want so as your brother” Eric said as wiped Hyesung’s tears.
“But I- I don’t want to live alone… I hate being alone… you know that…” Hyesung said in low voice.
“I knew it Hyesung, that’s why you will live with me from now on. I don’t want hear a rejection from you” Eric said as pecked Hyesung’s cheek.
“Thanks a lot Eric for helping me again. I don’t know how to return your kindness” Hyesung thanked Eric and smiled.
“Just love me. It’s enough for me” Eric said cheekily. Hyesung hit Eric’s chest playfully made Eric chuckled.
“I love you Eric. Thanks for everything” Hyesung said then Eric capture his lips and kiss him full on the lips.