Break [ sequel of Fiction ] - WooDong

Shinhwa Drabbles and One-Shots collection

 

“Where are you?”
“McD now with Dongwan.
We just go home from recording. Why honey?”
“Okay, call me when you arrive I need to talk something important”

 

With that Minwoo cut the line and smiled.

"Who's that Minwoo?" Dongwan asked Minwoo.
"Aah, that's my girlfriend. She said she wants to talk later" He answered to his best friend with a big smile made Dongwan’s face changed. He nodded weakly and continue eating his burger.

 

It’s really hard to face Minwoo. Especially after that embarrassed night. But after that day Minwoo keeps insisting to meet him everyday. Dongwan can’t say no to Minwoo. It’s Minwoo that we talk about and Dongwan never say no to him. Although it hurt to hear about Minwoo’s relationship everyday, Dongwan doesn’t mind as long as Minwoo still accept him.
 

»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«


"Are you already home?"
"Not yet, I'm at Dongwan's car. Why honey?"
"Didn't I tell you to call me when you arrive at home?"
"Just talk now, I won’t go home probably. What happen baby? You're okay, right?"
"I... I want us to break"
"Wha- what?"
"I want us to break"
"Break? You mean b-r-e-a-k? Why?"
"I'm bored"
"Ho- how?"
"Come on oppa. It's just a break. I didn't ask you to break up with me"
"I understand if you're boring. It's been a long time we not see each other. And that's the consequence of dating a singer like me, but please baby, don't break. If you want, I can call you more or I… I can meet you tonite”
"You hear me, right? I just want to break"
"Bu-but... Did I do something wrong?"
"No. You didn't"
"Why so sudden?"
"..."
"How long? I need to know how long you want us to break"
without realize, his tears streamed down and Dongwan looked at him confusedly.
"I don't know"
"How come you don't know?"
He asked his lover as he hold his sob and low voice.
"Are you crying now?"
"Answer my question first"
"Don't cry"
"Just answer me”
"until I'm not bored"
"How long? 1 week? 2 weeks? A month?"
"I don't know"
"Hhhh... Okay it's up to you" he sighed and hung up the telephone.


"What happen, Minwoo-yah?" Dongwan asked him and stopped the car then wiped Minwoo's tears with his thumb.
"She… wants to break with me" Minwoo said still holding his sob.
"Break? You mean break up?" Dongwan asked. Minwoo shook his head weakly.
"No. Not break up. Just break..." Minwoo said.
"Why?"
"She's bored"
"How come?"
"I... I... I don't know..." Minwoo finally broke and Dongwan hugged him tight.
"Don't cry Minwoo-yah... It's okay... Everything will be alright" Dongwan caress Minwoo’s back. Minwoo kept crying on his chest and Dongwan kept whispering some comforting words.
"It's getting dark now. You want me to drop you off at the company?" Dongwan asked and Minwoo nodded slowly.

 

»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«



*knock knock*


Dongwan heard a weak knock and run to the door. When he opened the door, as expected he can see Minwoo in front of his door smelled with alcohol.
"Ca- can I stay in your apartment fo- for a while?" Minwoo asked as holding back his tears. Dongwan nodded then dragged the smaller one entered the room and let him sat on sofa.
"You're still crying?" Dongwan wiped the tears on Minwoo's cheek.
"It hurt Dongwan. It really hurt" Minwoo said and suddenly Minwoo's phone vibrated.
"Who's that?" Dongwan asked
"It's her" Minwoo sighed and pick up the phone with a low voice.

"Hmm..."
"Where are you?"
"At Dongwan's apartment"
"Is Dongwan oppa hearing you now?"
"Why you care?"
"Nothing just… I'm sorry"
"Sorry for what?"
"For making you sad"
"Nothing to be forgiven"
"But-"
"It won't change anything, right?"
"What do you mean, oppa?"
"It won't change anything, you still want us to break"
"But still"
"So what must I do now? Laughing? Singing like crazy? WHAT MUST I DO NOW?"
Minwoo raised his voice and Dongwan gave him a box of tissue.
"You can't answer right?"
"It's just a break. I didn't ask us to break up, Lee Minwoo "
"And now you called me with my full name"
"Now let’s stop and sleep"
"..."
"Bye oppa"
"…"


Minwoo hung up the telephone then buried his face on cushion.

He's crying again, Dongwan know for sure.

Dongwan remove it from his face and replace it with his chest.

When Dongwan does it, Minwoo cried harder and hugged Dongwan so tight.
"What she said?" Dongwan asked,
"She asked me to forgive her yet she still want to break" Minwoo sobbed and Dongwan caress his back. Speechless. Don't know what to say. Because he knew, whatever he said wouldn’t change the reality. It's a lie if he said to Minwoo that everything will be okay.
"Can I... Can I sleep here tonight?" Minwoo asked Dongwan.
"Sure” Dongwan smiled and dragged the smaller one to his bedroom.

 

After changing and everything, Dongwan let Minwoo laid on his bed.

“I will sleep on the couch" Dongwan said. Minwoo shook his head and griped Dongwan's hand.

"No, please sleep beside me…"
"Minwoo-yah…"

“Come on Wan… I need you now…” Minwoo pleaded. Dongwan let out a big sigh and finally agree with Minwoo.

“Okay… It’s not like we never sleep in one bed before” Dongwan laid his body beside Minwoo awkwardly.
"Can I... Can I hug you?" Minwoo asked. Dongwan nodded and Minwoo hug him tightly. Dongwan felt a little awkward since he still had feeling toward the latter. Although his brain said he shouldn’t hug the latter back but he hugged Minwoo even soothed him.

"Now stop thinking about that. You should sleep now. We have a meeting tomorrow" Dongwan reminded him.
"I'll try" Minwoo answered softly and 5 minutes later he fallen a sleep and snored softly.
"Minwoo-yah, you know how I wish you break up with her and give me a chance to make you happy. How I wish you replied my deep feeling for you. I know it won't happen. And now I just wish for your happiness" Dongwan said and kissed Minwoo's forehead before he drifted to a dreamland.

 

»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«




ONE WEEK LATER

"Minwoo-yah!"
"Aah Eric! Why you call me?"
"Why you didn’t tell me that you're broke up with your girlfriend? I thought you are my best friend? I’m feeling hurt now"
Eric said with annoying hurt tone.
"Huh? I'm not broke up with her"
"What? Seriously? But I saw she kissed a man in the park"
"a… ma- man?”
Minwoo fluttered.

"Yeah. And from what I see, she is the one who kiss him first. You haven't broken up? So she cheats on you!"
"..."
"Minwoo-yah?"
"..."
"I'm sorry for bringing you some bad news. I didn't mean to..."
"It's okay Eric-ah..."
"Ahh stupid me! Why am I called you? I'm sorry Minwoo..."
"Nah, it's okay. I'm happy that you bringing me some news. So I know why she wanted to have a break"
"You two in a break? How come?"
"She said she was bored"

“Geez that girl. You wanna grab a drink? I think I can company you tonight” Eric offered.

“Thanks for the offer, Eric. But not tonight”
"I'm sorry once again Minwoo.. I'm hanging up. Bye"
"Bye"


Minwoo hung up the telephone. He stared at the ceiling blankly. He laughed. The type of laugh that made anyone feels bad and sad. Dongwan who just arrived saw Minwoo laughing alone on the practice room then approached him.
"What happen, Minwoo-yah?"
"She... she... she cheats on me Dongwan" Minwoo laughed harder and Dongwan pulled Minwoo into a hug and caress his back. The time Dongwan hug him, He broke again.
"I knew she would do that. But I just can't accept it" Minwoo sniffled and Dongwan wiped away his tears.
"Then what would you do now?" Dongwan asked
"I don't know what to do" Minwoo answered.
"You should break her up" Dongwan suggested with low voice. Minwoo knew Dongwan hold back his anger but he shook his head.
"Why? She already hurt you. She lies to you. She cheats on you. You deserve better than her"
"Bu- But…"
"Why you always look her? Why you never look at me? I will never hurt you, lie to you, and even cheat on you. Why you always choose her over me?" Dongwan said with hurt eyes.
"I love you years before you met her. But on the day I want to confess, you told me that you really love her. I know I'm late. And since that day, I swear to my self that what I want just your happiness. Seeing you hurt like this hurting me too. I want to protect you" Dongwan confessed then bowed his head.

“You don’t know how hard it was for me after you know how I feel toward you, yet you come to me everyday and act like nothing happened. I know I was the one who ask you to forget about that night but… at least… hhh... well… Have you ever thinking about me? My heart? If you were really my best friend, you would give me a time to healing my heart. Not like this. Have you ever think how I feel everytime you talk about your lovey-dovey moments with that ? When you-” and now is Minwoo’s turn to wipe away Dongwan's tears.
"Don't cry please..." Minwoo said and wiped Dongwan's tears with his thumb.

“I’m so sorry Wannie…” Minwoo said and keep wiped Dongwan tears.
"You're right. She doesn't deserve me. And from now on it's over" Minwoo said.
"It’s over?" Dongwan asked. Confused with Minwoo’s word
"Yeah, I’m stupid enough to let go a man’s heart who loves me so much. So I won't let it go easily. I’ll try to catch his heart again and make him mine. Although, there is a big possibility he say no after what I’ve done to him" Minwoo said and Dongwan just stared at him blankly.
"I can’t catch what you’re trying to say… who is he?" Dongwan said blankly. Minwoo pecked Dongwan’s lips and smiled.

“It’s you, babo”