Green Light - RicSyung

Shinhwa Drabbles and One-Shots collection

Eric just got home from ShinCom. It has been a really long day for him and his co-CEO. They’ve got a lot of things to sign and discuss. Don’t forget about the songs they had to prepare, make, and choose for the next album. If you are wondering about the other members, of course they help them. They came at noon to discuss and choose things together but still the CEOs are the one who sign everything. So the other members already go home earlier than them.

 

Eric walked to his apartment and opened the door. It feels lonely since no one greets him at the door. His lovely dog; gomdori is not at home waiting for him like usual because Gomdori currently lives at his aunt’s house for some regular check-up for a week. After a long day, actually he felt worn out and really tired. It’s usually Gomdori’s job to charge him up, but since Gomdori not on his side he need to finds someone to fill-in his dog’ job. Before having Gomdori, his so-called ‘best friend’ is the one who can charge him up in every situation he is in. Be it sad, tired, or hurt. That ‘friend’ always has a magic to makes him smile and strong in an instant. Even up till now Gomdori still unable to do that. Now that something sparks between them, that ‘friend’ kinda put some line between them and distant himself from Eric. Eric feels sad. Of course. But what he can do?

 

On top of that, now he really needs someone for helping him. He can’t do it on his own whether there is gomdori or not. Although he is well known for having two long arms still he can’t do it on his own. Eric groaned in frustration as throw his body on the couch before checking his phone; He sighed. It has been 5 minutes after he send some texts to that ‘friend’. Its either the said man is ignoring him or just simply doesn’t have his phone beside him. But it’s quite impossible since the man currently addicted to a random phone game. He even sneakily played the game when they were discussing things at noon. Looking at that, that ‘friend’ should’ve been the one who called as mikkulaji, not him. The thought of being ignored purposely made the oldest one in the group pouted.

 

‘ I’ll send one more text and wait for another 5. If he really ignores me, I’ll call him. Ah no… I’ll just come to his house without his permission’ He talked mentally and typing something on his phone. Smile plastering on his face after he press the send button.

 

 

He always knows using his real name is his ‘friend’ weakness and that’s right, few seconds later his phone buzzed.

 

 

Eric smiled widely. He knew it. He always knows but never did that from the first text. Eric abruptly text Hyesung back, afraid the latter continuing whatever he was doing and ignore him again,

 

 

Gratefully the little prince doesn’t ignore him and replied his text. He smiled again. Despite his sarcastic remark, Eric could see Hyesung actually care for him.

 

 

Only looking at the text, it feels like his headache and tired suddenly disappear. This is the magic that he was talking about and this is showed how pathetic he is. He typing fast and almost press send button but Hyesung called him.

 

“Hyesungie?”

“What is it Eric?”

“Hyesung-ah, how about we continue talking in text?”

“huh?”

“Let’s get back to texting”

“Why? You can’t talk now? Are you in serious situation? Don’t tell me you are taking a dump right now”

“No no no! I’m not. I’m perfectly fine. Now I’m sitting peacefully on the couch”

“Yah stupid bastard! Get lost if you just want to bother me. If nothing important I’m going to hang up now”

“No no no!!! I swear I really need your help. I can’t do it alone”

“What is it?”

“Let’s get back to texting first Hyesung-ah, Can we?”

“Seriously Mun Junghyuk if you not spill it right now I’ll hang up”

“Alright alright I’m sorry. I need your help to apply… On my back… You know my circumstance right?”

“Your back? Ah… You can’t do it alone? You’ve got long arms, right?”

“I’ve tried yesterday but I can’t reach it. I end up not applying at all yesterday”

“But you had to apply it if you want to heal- Okay… Just come”

“I’ll take a quick shower and go to your place asap”

“Take your time Junghyuk-ah. Don’t worry, I’m not going anywhere”

“Thanks a lot Kyo. See you later~”

“mmmm”

 

✸✸✸

 

“What is this? Am I crazy?” Hyesung put two plates of kimchi fried rice that he just made on dining table. He sat on the chair and put his head on the table.

“Did I really make a dinner for him?” He staring at the plates hopelessly then hid his face in his arm. Few seconds later he turned his face to see the clock on the wall.

“That stupid really takes his time. He must be lying about need my help. He just want to annoy me” The pretty man grumbled and turned his head to the sink direction. There he saw a mountain of dirty dishes.

“That mikkulaji really destroy my entire plan to not wash any dish today”  Hyesung pouted even more at his crushed plan. After the meeting he purposely bought double big mac on his way home for dinner because he really lazy to wash the dish and he just eat it 2 hours ago. He must be really turning crazy. Crazy enough to make 2 portions of kimchi fried rice and cook it separately. One without sesame oil and a little pinch of sesame seed, the other one with a lot of sesame oil + sesame seed for himself.

“I hate you Eric! I hate you I hate you I hate you!” The brunette shouted and stomping his feet on the ground like a toddler throwing a tantrum. He even didn’t realize Eric has arrived and watching him from the living room.

“You hate me?” Eric asked in disbelief as walking to the dining room. Hyesung glanced to the other man with widened eyes. Surprised with his sudden appearance but he quickly changed his expression and sat straight.

“How long you’ve been there?” Hyesung asked casually as if nothing just happened.

“A while ago when you said you hate me” Eric answered and took a seat across the brunette who rolled his eyes.

“You made this for me? Really?” Eric asked back with a big grin. It’s been a really long time since he ate Hyesung’s food. Last time was when shinbang recording and that’s not really Hyesung’s food since they had to imitate the ‘mother’ taste.

“You haven’t had your dinner yet, right?” Hyesung asked as pushed the plate to Eric. The shorter hair man nodded enthusiastically as receive the plate gratefully.

“How do you know?” He asked as sniffed the plate. Hmm, it smells really delicious.

“Of course I know. Whenever you’re tired, you always go straight to home and doing strange things to relieve your stress even forget to eat dinner. I lose count on how many times I had to buy or cook dinner for you in the past. It’s a bad habit Eric. You had to change it if not you’ll get sick and no one would know since you’re living alone. Remember when you were found unconscious in front of your computer? With high fever and pale as corpse? Geez I was really afraid you wouldn’t make it back then and it’ll be different story if I didn’t found you or late to brought you to the hospital. You should be grateful to me and pay me until you d-”

“Sure I’ll pay your kindness to death. Tell me everything you want Hyesungie. I’ll make sure to grant it even if it takes my life. I’m forever grateful at you and touched at how you care for me. Like now” Eric cut Hyesung’s nag and said it with a sparkling eyes to Hyesung. Happy at how his Hyesungie care for him.

“What are you talking about? Who said I care? I don’t care at all!” Hyesung denied with all his might then look away from the man across him.

“Sure you don’t care at all but still nagging me to eat dinner instead doing my hobby. I believe you Hyesungie. I believe you” Eric said happily. Hyesung glanced at him sharply then snorted.

“Then buy me the newest and the most expensive sport car in the world” Hyesung challenged. He bet Eric will shut up since it’s impossible to be granted.

“If that’s you want from me, then I’ll buy it specially for you. Pick what you want and tell me. I’ll just need to work harder for all my life to pay the debt or maybe sell all my stock on shincom to ease the debt” The taller man replied lightly.

“Geez… Stop your bizarre thought; just shut up and dig in!” Hyesung said in annoyance as put a spoonful to his mouth. Eric chuckled and started eating as well.

“Hyesungieee~ It’s really delicious!!!” Eric complimented the taste then moaned.

“Don’t exaggerate. You’re just hungry” The cook replied shortly. Although it obviously showed at his face that he is happy at the compliment.

“I’m not! Your cooking skill is improving. It shows at this dish plus your consideration on the people who eat your food. Different from the past, that time you’ll put what you like and ignore everything what people said. It’s really delicious. I swear I’m not lying” Eric said as gave the cook his thumb up. Hyesung chuckled at his friend’s childishness. Then they continue eating in silent.

 

“By the way Sungie, when we texting… Can you just reply my text? Don’t call me back next time, okay?” Eric said. Hyesung moved his eyes from the plate to Eric then raised his one brow.

“Seriously Eric, I never get your obsession toward texting. Isn’t it easier and faster to call?” Hyesung asked and continue eat up his food. Eric smiled.

“Tell me the reason” The brunette commanded. Eric ate the last bite of his dinner before answered.

“Just because” He replied simply as stood up. Gather his plate and glass then put it in the sink.

“Okay, then I’ll just ignore you. Be it a text or call or whatever” Hyesung replied lightly as if it won’t affect him at all. Just with a simple remark, Eric quickly sat back to his seat and gave the man across him a pleading eye.

“So?” The petite man asked as support his head lazily on one hand. Eric took a deep breath.

“Because I had to keep it as memories” Eric gave up and finally told him the truth.

“Memories?” Hyesung asked in disbelief. Indeed this must be the reason why his fans called him 4D. He still doesn’t understand. What memories? What to keep? Confusing.

“Yes memories”

“I don’t understand. It means you keep all text from people to make… memories? Isn’t that too much to save?” Hyesung asked in confusion. Eric didn’t say anyting. Just smiled.

“Well, I do understand if you keep some of your exes to make memories but other people too?” Hyesung continued as glanced at the other man. Waiting for some enlighten.

“No, I’m not saving exes text. Not worth it” Eric replied and that’s made Hyesung confuse even more.

“Then you saving everyone text except your exes? For?” Hyesung asked again but Eric shook his head.

“Alright. Not everyone. If you keep mine, means you keep all our member’s too, right?” Hyesung guessed.

“Well, I do keep and screencap some of the member’s text if it’s funny or stupid or can be used as blackmail” Eric answered and that’s made the confused man became more puzzled.

“But… my text is not funny at all… to thinking back it sounds… harsh…” Hyesung said slowly. It’s either he still thinking hard or he felt bad at Eric.

“Hahaha… If you do think it’s kinda harsh, try to text me with sweet word next time” Eric laughed and teased but Hyesung didn’t react on it.

“You aren’t save all my texts, right?” Hyesung asked as snatched Eric’s phone from his hand and see it by himself.

“Geez Eric… You seriously saving all of this??” Hyesung asked in disbelief after see tons of their message in Eric’s phone. Mostly is Eric’s since Hyesung is not a fan of texting. He prefers talking than texting. Faster.

“For your information, there still many of screencaps on my gallery from my previous phones” Eric added. Hyesung sighed after saw Eric’s gallery phone.

“But… why?” Hyesung asked.

“Like I said before. I had to keep it as memories and sometimes it can cheer me up”

“Why… me?” Hyesung asked again. Eric took a deep breath then exhaled.

“Do I really have to said it out loud? You do know the reason, right Pilkyo?” Eric replied gently and gave Hyesung his best smile.

“I… I- I…” Hyesung couldn’t say anything and cute red tint can be seen on his chubby cheeks. Hyesung hate this kind of situation because it can be seen clearly that he has a feeling too for his best friend. Eric reached for Hyesung’s cheek and pinched it lightly.

“Cute” Eric said softly. Hyesung yanked his face away from Eric’s touch.

“Seriously Eric… Do you realize you look like an over attached girlfriend?” Hyesung jokingly said to break the pink moment.

“Really? Hahahaha!!! But I should be your girlfriend first before earn the title” Eric replied as laughing hard at Hyesung randomness.

“Keep dream on Mun Junghyuk! Ahh, I want to take a bath now. You can watch TV or playing games or whatever” Hyesung stood up and went to his room. He obviously wanted to run away from this starting-become-weird talk and situation. Eric saw Hyesung petite back walking away from him. He sighed. “When will you give up Pilkyo-ah?” Eric talked sadly and stood up. He went to the sink and started to wash the dish. He knows how Hyesung really hate to do the dish at night.

 

✸✸✸

 

Hyesung came out from his room with a small towel around his neck. He still drying his hair as jogged to kitchen. A smile formed on his lips when he saw the entire dish is already clean. This is reminded him to the past when they were still living in the dorm. He always cooked for the member whether for dinner or midnight snack and Eric always wash the dish for him. It’s not a secret that Hyesung hate to wash the dish, all members know it and often ignored his cried for help after the disaster he made in the kitchen but Eric is the only one who helps him without complaining.

Still smiling, Hyesung walked approaching the guy and stood up behind him. He could hear a faint snore from the man who sat on his couch.

“Eric-ah… Eric-ah… Wake up~” Hyesung said as patted Eric’s shoulder gently. Eric squirmed and moaned, refused to open his eyes. Hyesung smile widened looking at his cute action.

“You must be really tired, right? Junghyuk-ah… at least moves to bedroom first, okay? Your body will be sorer if you sleep here. Ah no, we should apply the ointment first before you sleep… After that, you can sleep all you want; I won’t disturb you, okay? Junghyuk-ah… wake up… you know it won’t heal it self, right?” Hyesung gently said as tried to wake him up by massaging his shoulder. Eric moaned again as it felt really nice and let Hyesung do 2 or 3 more before caught the massager hand and leaned his cheek on it.

“It’s really nice, Kyo. Thanks” Eric said with eyes still closed.

“Go wash your face. I’ll wait in my room” Hyesung squeezed Eric’s shoulder lightly before left him to his room.

 

“Hyesungieeee~~~ Catch the ointment!” Eric throw the thing to Hyesung as ran and shouted like a boy approaching his mom. Hyesung stretched out his hand and successfully caught it then glared the older.

“Geez Eric seriously. You were like a dead man minutes ago and now become a brat” Hyesung grumbled to the older. Eric grinned as sat in front of Hyesung.

“Open your tee now” Hyesung instructed and Eric followed his order obediently.

“Yah, turn your body. Let me see- oh my god!” Hyesung surprised when he saw the wounds on Eric’s back.

“Isn’t it itchy?” Hyesung asked as touched the skin lightly.

“Now that you mention it… Suddenly it felt itchy” Eric replied as stretched his hand to scratch his skin but Hyesung hit it before Eric can touch his back.

“Yah! It’ll get worse if you scratch it, genius!” Hyesung nagged and opened the ointment cap then he started apply it on Eric.

“Eric-ah… I never know you allergic to clothing material” Hyesung said as patted Eric’s skin gently.

“I don’t know either” Eric replied then moaned at the cold feeling on his skin.

“I’m fine trying Wannie’s new sweater… But why you-” Hyesung stopped his sentence because Eric suddenly turned his body and staring at his eyes with sad puppy eyes.

“Maybe my old skin only compatible with Korean clothing” Eric sighed before continuing.

“I’m not compatible with Canada’s clothing” Eric pouted. Listened to Eric’s stupid theory, Hyesung hit Eric’s arm.

“Stupid… It just happens with that material. Whether it’s from Canada or wherever it doesn’t matter. Just be careful next time. Give me your back!” Hyesung stated the fact and order the older so he can continue apply the ointment.

 

“Lets get married!” Eric suddenly said out of the blue. The brunette taken a back with Eric sudden proposal and unconsciously pressed the wounded skin a little harder made Eric winced in pain.

“Wha- what the hell. Why so sudden?” Hyesung asked as trying to regain back his composure.

“I need someone to help me apply it everyday” Eric stated the obvious reason he had.

“hahaha” Hyesung laughed it out and let the topic off.

 

“Lets get married!” Eric proposed again for the second time.

“Tsk” Hyesung sounded his annoyance loudly.

“Come on, let's get married… I need someone to help me apply it everyday and at night it gets so itchy, it drive me crazy” Eric begged and Hyesung just ignoring him.

 

“Lets get married!” Eric tried for the third time.

“Stop it will you?” Hyesung cried out.

 

“Kyo-ah, let's get married” Eric asked again.

“Because you need help to apply it everyday?” Hyesung asked back as trying to play along with his friend.

“That’s what I need the most now” The taller stated. The petite man smiled and nodded his head.

“Alright, lets do that” He simply said made the other man jumped from his seat.

“Wha- what? When?” The man abruptly turned his body and asked with sparkling eyes.

“Eyy, hold still. I still need to apply it lower” He turned back Eric’s body and apply the ointment on his lower back.

 

“Syung-ah. Are you serious?” Eric tried to bring up the topic.

“What?” Hyesung asked back.

“That you agree to marry me” Eric replied. Hyesung shrugged his shoulder.

“You are the one who ask for it” Hyesung replied lightly as if it isn’t something serious.

“Bu- but you agree that easily?” Eric asked in disbelief.

“I’m not an easy guy. You ask me 4 times if you not remember” Hyesung stated the fact. Eric blinked his eyes for a few times before found his voice again.

“I did. I know. But how-“

“Well, I just need to apply it on you everyday, right?” Hyesung cut Eric’s word and that’s made the leader speechless for a few seconds.

“You wanted us to marry in order to help apply this medicine on me?” Eric asked in disbelief.

“You are the one who ask for it” Hyesung replied and patted Eric’s back 2 times then put the ointment on Eric hand.

“It’s finished. Now put back your cloth on and go home” Hyesung said. Eric ignored him and staring his friend intently. How come this man took the marry thing lightly? He perfectly sure Hyesung was aware of his feeling. Tonight is roller coaster emotion for him. He can’t predict Hyesung brain at all. One time he is harsh, then sweet, then shy, then care, and cold-hearted. Although it was his fault for brought up the topic at the first place.

 

“We- well, hyesung-ah… How about we start up our serious relationship as a lover first… What do you think?” Eric asked carefully. He can’t predict what will come. Hyesung stared at him then snorted.

“What a downgrade” Hyesung said with his hands circled around his chest.

“Huh?”

“Yeah, you asked me to be your groom then ask me to be your lover. Tell me how it isn’t a downgrade” Hyesung challenged and made the handsome man speechless again.

“Well… so you trying to tell me to go straight to the altar with you?” Eric asked and Hyesung nodded.

“Yes. Why wasting time?” Hyesung replied and the answer made the older eyes widened.

“Then when your back starting to heal, it’s time to file divorce paper” Hyesung continued and made the older stoned.

“You- you- you… why… I-“ Eric really speechless and ended his talk with rubbish mumble. His eyes filled with the tears that almost fall.

“Oh my my… Junghyuk-ah… Don’t tell me you took it seriously. Oh my god what did I do? Oh right! But you’re the one who persistently asked me for marry you to apply it on you every night. I’m just playing along. Gosh… Junghyuk-ah…” Hyesung blabbering as he panicked. This is the fist time he saw Eric like this. Never in his life witnessing Eric almost cry alone. Usually it is him who cried in front of member, especially Eric. He didn’t know what to do.

“Let’s call it a night. Thanks a lot Sungie. I’m going back” Eric stood up suddenly then cleared his throat before turned his head to Hyesung, showed him his smile.

“Don’t do this to me Junghyuk-ah… Don’t make me the bad man here” Hyesung pulled Eric’s hand, prevented him to go and made him sit back on his bed, back to his place. Eric took a deep breath, tried to control his face.

“Then what should I do? I’m just trying to make things not awkward for us. You should just let me go, sent me happily to the door or kicked me out like you usually do. It’ll easier for me” Eric said and Hyesung bowed his head.

“I’m sorry” he mumbled almost inaudible and bit his lips. Eric sighed and patted Hyesung head gently.

“No, I’m the one who in the wrong… Kyo-ah… Look at me… You aware of my feeling toward you, right? Next time, if I talk rubbish please do like you usually do. Don’t playing along because my stupid brain would think you give me a green light, okay?” Eric said gently with a sincere smile. Hyesung couldn’t hold it anymore and burst out his tears.

“ Eric! You really do make me a bad man. Don’t be too kind to me” Hyesung said between his tears and keep wiped his unstopped tears himself.

“Kyo, I-“

“I hate you Eric. I hate you. I hate you” Hyesung cut Eric then crushed his lips onto Eric’s and kiss it deeply. Pour all his hidden emotion he had all along into it. Eric shocked and couldn’t believe it for seconds until Hyesung started move his lips. Eric got along and started kissing him back. He let Hyesung dominating him and feeling loved by the man who hold him. The kiss tasted a little salty because of Hyesung’s tears but still it’s the sweetest thing he got in his life, at least up till now. Lacked of the air made them separated from each other. Eric staring deeply at Hyesung and wiped his tears with both of his thumb gently.

“Thank you Kyo” Eric said with a smile. Hyesung staring back at him as his cheeks reddened.

“If things turn out ugly I’ll blame you. Now let’s sleep” Hyesung said loudly trying to hide his shyness as shifted his body to the other side made a room for his new lover. Eric smiled at the invitation and pecked his new lover lips quickly.

“Sure you can blame me all you want my lil prince. Love you too”