Prequel of 'The Meeting' -JinSyung

Shinhwa Drabbles and One-Shots collection

 

Being alone in this foreign city is a little hard. No one recognize him, help him, or even greet him like people around him used to be. Come to think about it, it has been a year after his parents’ dead and he left his hometown. He can’t let everyone coming to his house to pitying or even crying for him anymore. He wanted to be strong. That’s why he left his hometown and his wealthy behind. 

He’s a transferred student at his new school. Transferred scholarship student to be exact. Since he didn’t want to be the center of attention, he made him self look like a nerd at his new school. Wearing huge glasses and parted his hair at the middle. That’s work. No one at school bothered to know him more.

He removed his thick specs and changed his style as soon as he passed the school gate. He admits his look is so laughable and easy to bully. He thanked that he entered a classy peaceful school so no one bothered to bully him.

That’s the first time Junjin saw him

Junjin walked down the school hall, hugged his thick book tightly. He just finished help the librarian arranged some books to the shelves. It’s getting late and he planned to go home now since his rented house is an hour away from school. He stopped his track when heard someone singing beautifully.

Junjin peeked from the window glass. He saw a petite boy standing in front of the music stand. Singing his heart out loud with his beautiful perfect voice. Junjin mesmerized with the sight in front of him and lost in those beautiful melodies.

Kriing
The boy opened his eyes and stopped singing when he heard some noise from outside. Silence brought Junjin back to the reality. He looked at the boy from a far, wondering why he stopped in the middle of the song. Still not realize that his cell phone ringing all the time. He saw the boy walked slowly to the door. It made him panic and run with all his might away from that room. Then he just realized that his stupid phone is the reason why the boy stopped his singing.

 

***



The next few days Junjin found out some information about the boy from the librarian. His name is Jung Pilkyo, but people always called him Hyesung. He’s the smartest student in the school and one of the biggest school fund contributors.

Later, he heard some groups of girls in his class are going gaga over the boy. They keep squealing cute things etcetera etcetera about that certain boy. Yeah, Junjin admit that the boy looks really cute and pretty. Although Junjin hasn’t seen his smile, but he can guarantee that the boy has a beautiful smile.

That’s the second time Junjin saw him

Junjin planned to eat his lunch at his favorite spot, school backyard. But he saw someone already claimed his tree earlier. Junjin sighed and moved a few trees beside his usual tree. 

“Are you that hungry?” Junjin heard a voice followed by a chuckle. Junjin stopped chewing his food. Looked to his usual spot. He thought that boy talked to him but he was wrong. That boy talked to a creature on his hand. Curious, he walked a few steps closer and peeked. Surprisingly, the boy happened to be the famous Hyesung boy.

“Muri-yah, I’m sorry… I can’t bring you home. My parents not allowed me to take care of you because of my allergy. You understand, right? Forgive me?” He heard Hyesung talked to a dog. He can see how cute Hyesung asked for forgiveness from a dog. He chuckled at the sight in front of him. He can’t believe someone can be so naïve at his age to talk to an animal. Then he can see the boy smiling and mumbled a thank you while patted his pet head. He was right. Hyesung really has a beautiful cute lovely smile.

 

***



The next day, Junjin walked to his favorite spot at lunchtime as usual. He sat down and leaned his body to the tree, enjoyed the beautiful view as he ate his lunch. He always likes peaceful places. Then he smiled at the memories how his parents and his best friend used to made fun of him, of his intelligent-freak attitude. 

That’s the third time Junjin saw him

Junjin brought back to reality when he heard a hearty laugh. It’s kinda scared him at first. But as he heard it more, he couldn’t help himself to chuckle along. He wandered his eyes to the source of noises and found Hyesung. Again.

Curious, Junjin abandoned his lunch and approached Hyesung. Watching him from afar. 

Hyesung sat in front of the small lake. Reading a comic while eat a snack with his other hand. Suddenly he laughed hard again and clapped his hand together. Junjin smiled at the view in front of him. Hyesung stopped his laugh while cought his breath then read his comic again. Some time later, his expression become serious. He frowned and bit his lips in annoyance. Suddenly Hyesung let out a loud groan that made Junjin jumped from his hiding. Afterward, Hyesung's face looked so evil and his lips twisted into a smirk. Junjin shook his head in amusement. This Hyesung boy is totally different with what he heard from his classmates yesterday. From what Junjin over heard, they said Hyesung does has a pretty handsome face and polite manner, he always smiling politely when talk to people but never laugh and rarely showed his emotion. Hyesung always disappear when lunch break and straightly going home with his butler after school ended so, no one known as his friend.

To think back about it, Junjin had saw Hyesung smiled to his dog pet yesterday and a lot of Hyesung expression today. So the rumor is totally false or maybe it's just people assumption since people or like ‘anyone’ in his school never dare to talk with him. All the girls and boys just following him behind and keep admiring Hyesung from near or afar but no one trying to become his friend.

Junjin doesn’t want to become one of them who just watching him from afar and doing nothing. Junjin nodded his head then removed his glasses, messed his hair into his 'normal' style and ready to walk to Hyesung. Junjin really curious about the boy so much and if he lucky enough, maybe he can be Hyesung's friends. 

Junjin take one step... two steps closer... then he stopped. Does he ready enough to have a new friend? Thats mean, all of his effort to not grab attention will be a waste. Junjin sighed, maybe now is not a right time. He putted his thick glasses and walked back to his previous spot.Not far from there, Junjin shook his head and walked back closer to Hyesung firmly, but Hyesung nowhere in sight. Hyesung might have walked back to class. Junjin sighed. He putted his thick glasses again and parted his hair in the middle then walked back to his class with his abandoned lunch.

 

***



Junjin walked at his favorite park. After a long day at school and work, finally he got a time to refresh his mind. He took a little jog and someone caught his eyes. He stopped his track and observed at the boy wearing the same uniform across him. He can’t see his face clearly because the boy bowed and palmed his face. Junjin walked closer carefully while learning about the boy feature.

Is that him? 

Junjin walked a little more closer. Without him realizing it, he tapped the other shoulder lightly. The boy looked up with blanked face. Junjin smile widened when he found the boy happened to be the one that he watched almost everyday from afar. Hyesung looked confused as gave Junjin a stuttered yes. Junjin chuckled at the sight in front of him before asked if the latter okay. Junjin smiled more to the boy in front of him and now he wont walk back like before. God has arranged this for him. He’ll make Hyesung become his friend and prove that Hyesung is not like everyone thinking or maybe he gonna keep it for himself?