OO9 | Only One Second

Inheritance / HIATUS.

“What do you think you’re doing?!” Himchan’s irritating voice shouts from somewhere near.

“I’m just practicing! It’s what the other guys do with their hair!” Yongguk’s somewhat less irritating voice shouts back.

I’m not getting any sleep.

                I knew Yongguk felt bad about his whole babysitting job, but I never knew the lengths he would go to just to cancel it out. I had woken up the past three days to Himchan’s cries for help. Yongguk had been practicing his cornrowing on his roommate’s hair. I should have seen this coming, but once it actually happened, I decided to sit Yongguk down and have a talk with him.

“Don’t you think you’re taking your ‘gangster’ to a new level?” I asked him one day while watching TV.

“You aren’t using the word right, Jell.” He comments, ignoring the question.

“Is babysitting that bad of a rep for rappers?” I grimace at him.

“I enjoy it, but the other guys keep calling me stuff.” He mutters, playing with his hands.

“Like what?”

“Just stuff. It doesn’t matter.”

“You mean names like-“ I lean over a whisper in his ear.

                Yongguk’s eyes widen and he flicks me on the nose.

“Don’t talk like that!” he stomps off and out of the door, back to the gym, where he meet his friends .

Screw it.

                I’d been curious long enough. I grab my hoodie, throwing it over me aggressively, and then march out of the door. I was going to see exactly who he met with and what they did.

                Scaling Yongguk in broad daylight hadn’t been easy. However, once he arrived at the gym, I noticed that he hadn’t entered. He waited outside for a few minutes, then a group of about five or six boys approached him, most of which were in casual clothing, nothing like you would expect a group of Korean rappers to wear. I had stared one down, noticing that he looked familiar, though he had a mask on that hid the lower half of his face.

I waited for about four hours after they disappeared down an alleyway, playing on my Nintendo most of it, and soon got tired of waiting. Sighing, I jogged towards the gym alleyway, seeing if they were down it. My arm had been snatched and my mouth covered.

“What the hell are you doing here?” a familiar voice says.

                Once I look up, I see Yongguk. His voice was raspier and he was wearing a completely different outfit. One that, may I note, suited his body shape quite well.

“I wanted to see your friends you rap with.” I muttered, looking away.

“Junhong, these people aren’t very friendly, if they saw a kid like you here, God knows what they would do to you.” He sighs, then leads me to his car.

                The ride home was quiet. I didn’t think it was that big of a deal, I just wanted to see what his friends were like. His face seems thoughtful when he was lecturing, as if he fully believed that his friends would do such bad things to me.

What are his friends like?

                Once we got back to the house, Ji Woon was awake and crying. He, too, thought Himchan looked scary with cornrows. Himchan was pouting while watching TV, upset at Yongguk. Yongguk, however, just dropped his keys on the table and walked upstairs to shower.

“What’s in his ?” Himchan asked. “Other than the obvious.”

                I sighed and took Ji Woon upstairs. We played around for a bit on Yongguk’s bed. I showed him how to make some origami until he fell asleep, then carried him to Himchan, who was on the couch eating a banana.

“Little turd wouldn’t nap earlier.” Himchan grunted as I sat Ji Woon in his lap and began to fix his hair.

                I decided to go lay in my bed later. Yeah, it’s my bed, too. I sleep in it enough. Yongguk seemed upset over something that I found negligible. I didn’t understand what the huge deal was with me being curious as to who he spends his time with when he wasn’t at home. If Yongguk was friends with them, then they couldn’t do too much harm, could they?

                I noticed that I had fallen asleep when I woke up to a cold touch on my face. It was also normal for me to wake up to this. I much preferred it to Himchan’s screaming. Yongguk seemed to think better when he distracted himself from everything but his problem at hand. The current problem at hand seemed to be me.

“Yongguk…” I muttered, rolling over to face him, opening my eyes slightly.

“Zelo, we need to talk.” He said back.

                All I could see was his outline, the sun shining through a window behind him. His voice was startlingly serious. I sat up, rubbing my eyes, then sitting my hands in my lap. Yongguk seemed to follow my every movement.

“I’m sorry for being upset, and I know you don’t know what the ‘big deal’ is.” He mutters, looking down, then continuing once I nod. “But the people I rap with aren’t a very humane group of guys. They do bad things to people. I don’t want you to be around them, Junhong. You matter too much to me for something bad to happen to you.”

                We both kept eye contact the entire time, Yongguk’s eyes tired and convincing. I nodded, then leaned forward to hug him. It was awkward and didn’t last long, but he got the point. He smiled weakly and got up.

“We’re gonna eat soon, but one of the guys is coming over. Please, Jell, try not to get too curious.” He left the room after patting me on the head.

                About an hour later, Ji Woon was up and I had begun playing Soldier with him in the living room while Himchan and Yongguk cooked, fussing about which sauce was better. The door opened and a handsome man’s head popped in.

“Gukkie!” he yelled, not noticing me until afterwards.

                Yongguk came out of the kitchen and greeted his friend. Arise, Yongguk’s Japanese friend, turned towards me.

“Who’s this cute little guy?” he asks, obviously pointing towards me.

“The kid’s name is Ji Woon. Come with me.” Yongguk tried to coax his guest into the kitchen to no avail.

“Not the kid, the blue haired beauty.” He comments, winking at me.

Yuck?

“That’s Zelo, he’s currently living here, too.” Yongguk comments, pulling his friend into the kitchen afterwards.

                The dinner was good, but you could tell that Himchan’s sauce was probably the better choice. Yongguk wasn’t the best at cooking. He should’ve stuck to just ordering Himchan around. Arise wasn’t a pleasant guy, mostly just a “do what I want because I can” type of guy. That irritated the hell out of me. If I wasn’t so weak, I would beat the out of him one day.

Just because I can.

                Yongguk called the guy up to his room afterwards and they talked for a while, then Yongguk came back down alone. He seemed upset and tired.

“I’m gonna go pee, Chan.” I called out towards Himchan.

                After Himchan grunted an affirmation back, I proceeded to release my bladder full of horrible liquids. However, on the way, I heard noises from Yongguk’s room. I had forgotten about the strange foreigner until then, and twisted Yongguk’s doorknob.

“Hello?” I called out,  then meeting eyes with Arise from across the room.

“Y-You shouldn’t be in here.” I stuttered out to him from the door, once I realized I wasn’t getting a reply.

                I was about to repeat myself after not getting any answer, not even movement, when a hand grabbed my wrist and pulled me into the room. A chill went up my spine as a pair of cold lips met mine.

What the hell?

                I pushed him away and covered my mouth. I went to speak against his action when my hand was harshly pulled away, and another ripping the buttons off my shirt. My eyes widen as I realized what was happening and I struggled against the man’s strong arms. He only pushed his body against me, effectively holding me back. I went to shout for Yongguk when my speech was stopped with a strong pair of lips. Everything was happening to fast for my thoughts. I had just been downstairs eating moments ago, and now I was being forcefully made love to in a shared bedroom.

                He shoved my body onto Yongguk’s desk, which cause his laptop to fall onto the ground, creating a loud noise. This man seemed deaf to any noises he was making and continued to cover my lips with his own, his hands covering my belt, then yanking my pants to my ankles, leaving my underwear visible. I pushed the man away, screaming out as much of Yongguk’s name as possible before he covered my mouth with his rough hand.

                Half of Yongguk’s name was all it took before the bedroom door busted open and Yongguk rushed in, Himchan following him. Before he could probably even think about what was happening, Yongguk ran over to his friend and pulled him off of me, throwing him onto the ground. Himchan rushed over to me and began to make sure he hadn’t harmed me. Physically, he hadn’t, only touched, but I hadn’t even been able to process what had happened mentally. Everything seemed to have happened in one second.

“…lo?” Himchan called.

“Jello!” he pulled my pants up and helped me off of the desk.

                I nodded slightly and looked down. Yongguk seemed to be beating the man within an inch of his life. Himchan grimaced and pulled Yongguk off of him, with much difficulty. He took Yongguk downstairs, Yongguk dragging the guy roughly by his collar. I followed them slowly. All I had to do was ignore the noises. Why didn’t I ignore them? Why hadn’t I noticed that Yongguk had come down the stairs alone? Exactly why did he leave the guy there? What was he doing? I didn’t know anything. I didn’t know what to think.

Everything was getting blurry and dark.

                I awoke to the same thing I had fallen to: darkness. This time, though, there was warmth. There had only been a strong feeling of coldness earlier. I focused my eyes in the darkness and realized that I was in Yongguk’s room again. I closed my eyes tightly and rolled towards Yongguk’s body. His arm was wrapped tightly around me, scared I would be taken away. The tightness was a little uncomfortable, but I didn’t mind. This was the only place I wanted to be right now.


A/N:  Bayum es! Look who's back. c; Dat's right: banglo. It only took like forever, I know. I've been busy lately. BUT I will definitely try to update every Sunday. I'm back into the whole writing thing, so yup. I'm back on this train. -u- Sorry for the quick pace of this chapter, wrote it in about an hour. /facepalm