OO7 | Awkward Showers

Inheritance / HIATUS.

 

                They had both, with knowing smirks plastered onto their faces, agreed to let the two of us sleep over, and after I got out of the shower, I walked downstairs where the two waited on me. We had also decided early that I would be sleeping with Yongguk, since Himchan demanded his beauty sleep, and plus he had a bad kicking habit. Throughout my entire shower, I had determined that tonight would be a very awkward one.

 

                                                                           -------------------------------

 

"Junhong, hurry up," Himchan yells from outside the bathroom door. "You've been showering for nearly an hour now!"

     I sigh, twisting the doorknob. I had no shirt on and only a towel to keep my skin from being exposed. Setting and charging straight into Yongguk's room, Himchan yells out behind me.

"Put some clothes on!" Yongguk sputters as I enter his room, rolling my eyes.

"I wasn't going to not put them on."

    Nearly an hour later, we were all settled for bed and sleeping. Well, they were sleeping. I was trying to ignore the warm arm hanging limply across my waist. Releasing a string of low grunts, I shifted away from Yongguk roughly, only to be gripped tighter and pulled against his chest.

Save me, Ji Woon.

 

                          G-G-G-GET UP O-WOOOOOAH

 

That ringtone. It couldn't be.

"Jun-hong-ie!" her voice rings through as I pick the phone up.

"Uggggh, why are you calling at four in the morning, Hyo?"

    I grunt sleepily and rub my eyes, making sure that Yongguk hadn't been woken up as I got out of bed.

"You should be happy to hear such a beautiful voice first thing after waking up," Junhong can practically hear her pout.

"How's my Ji Woonie doing?"

I sigh and change ears with the phone as I walk downstairs and sit on the couch.

"He's doing fine, seems happy. He's getting along well with the sitters. Two great men, though one is a bit of a drama queen."

She laughs and I realize how much I miss my sister.

"That makes me happy. And how are you doing?"

No reply for a minute.

"Hungry.” I reply with a monotone.

“Yah, whatever!” She laughs more. “Go to sleep and-“

“Zelo, is that you?” a voice calls from behind.

Holy mother of God!

“Yongguk!” I shout, covering my mouth after realizing who else was in the house.

    He doesn’t jump to tell me to hush, only rubs his eyes and wow he’s shirtless. Yongguk grunts, heading to the kitchen and drinking some milk from the carton.

“Yah, Jello,” Hyosung speaks into my ear. “Who’s that?”

Ah!

“I-It’s Woonie’s sitter. Gotta go, talk to you later!” I hang up immediately.

Yongguk eyes me from the kitchen, “Who was that?”

“Sister, why are you up?” I reply, switching the topic before too many questions come up.

“Ah, I didn’t feel you and got worried.” He replies, turning the light off and heading to the stairs.

“You coming or not?”

     I get up quietly and walk back to his room with him, soon afterward being held again.

 

 

 

“Wake up, you lazy uncles!” a voice I easily recognize as Ji Woon’s yells out, bouncing on top of us.

     Yongguk grunts as I sit up to hug Ji Woon, then pulls me back down and snuggles into my shirt. If he hadn’t been asleep, I would’ve punched the punk in his face.

“Y-Yongguk!” I call, feeling Himchan’s eyes on the two of us. “Wake up!”

     Himchan covers his mouth and attempts to cover his maniacal laughs as Ji Woon bounces back to him. Everyone in this house will receive payback. One day.

“Have breakfast without me, Himchan.” Yongguk grunts, clearly still ¾ asleep.

     His eyes jump open as I blow into his ear, hard. He looks first at my face, a flat 3 inches from his, then to his arms, wrapped around my waist. Either one of those, or both, cause him to jump from the bed and walk swiftly past Himchan and downstairs.

“Pffffft-“ Himchan finally bursts out with laughter and follows Yongguk downstairs.

     These two men, domehow the same two who had offered to sit a six year old child, were the most immature things on the planet.

 

            Two and a half hours later, Himchan had made breakfast and I had gotten dressed to go out with my friends. The man had somehow managed to shower and then cook a full size breakfast for 4 people in 2 and a half hours, which honestly confused me.

“Where are you going today?” Yongguk asks from beside me, shoving food into his mouth in the most unattractive way.

“Dunno, they haven’t told me, yet. Think we’re just going to the park, honestly.”

            I put my fork down and stretch, attracting a pair of eyes from my right.

“You need to exercise more, Jello.” Himchan says as he pokes my stomach, earning a grunt from me and a glare from Yongguk.

“Can I go with you, Uncle Jello?” Ji Woon says from Himchan’s lap, reaching to poke me in the stomach, too.

            As I explain to him why he can’t come with me, Himchan and Yongguk seem to have a conversation through their eyes.

Creepy old men, these days.

 

“Yah,” someone screams from the door, pounding on it. “Get your skinny out here, Zelo!

            I groan as Himchan get off the couch from where the four of us where watching a movie to answer the door.

“What do you think you’re doing beating my door like that?!” Himchan threatens as he opens the door, stopping Jaehyo’s fist from meeting the door.

            In order to stop a ramble, I get off the couch, lightly tapping Yongguk on the knee as a goodbye, and walk to the door. After a little bit of arguing, and an awkward moment of eye-contact between Himchan and Jongup, we all leave to the park.

“Be careful, Junhongie!” Himchan yells out, most definitely to embarrass me.

            After avoiding a whole lot of questions, we all make it to the park, where a ton of people seem to be enjoying a family reunion. Suddenly, our destination are the karaoke rooms. With a whole ton of sighing and puffing, we all find one and enter a room. The singing broke loose.

“Yah, Zelo.” Jongup calls from his seat. “Can we talk a bit about something?”

            A one hour long talk, with a few intermissions for the two to sing, leads to Jongup asking me for some backup on meeting Himchan more often. Meaning, Jongup will be coming back to the two’s house for supper with me. And, five hours later, tired and huffing, my group of seven friends exits the karaoke and the two of us go towards Yongguk and Himchan’s place.

“I just find it confusing that your sister would dump a six year old on you.” Jongup says out of the blue as we walked.

“No, don’t take it the wrong way.” I say, my hand placing themselves in a defensive position. “She didn’t dump him onto me, I enjoy his company a lot, she just needs someone to look after him for a while.”

            Jongup goes quiet after that, a thoughtful look on his face, as always. Hell, he was my best friend and I could never guess what he was always thinking.

 

 

“Woah,” Himchan’s eyes mimic his expression. “Didn’t know you would have company, Zelo.”

            I only sigh and walk past him, picking Woonie up on my way toward Yongguk on the couch. Throwing myself down, I find my head lying on Yongguk’s shoulder a bit later. I grunt, because moving my head is entirely too much work.

“You seem like you’ve done a lot. Have fun?” Yongguk says, looking anywhere but me.

“Yeah, we went to karaoke, it was great.” A smile forms across my face, because yeah, it was fun.

            Yongguk chuckles and pulls me down to his lap again, and even though I couldn’t see his face, I was sure there was a smirk on it.

“I guess I’m glad for you.” Yongguk says, and for a moment, I think that maybe this would be sentimental. “I was just surprised that you actually had friends.”

            My elbow flies out to his ribs, jabbing him straight in the middle. He coughs it out, slapping my on the back, and complains about the dangers of hitting someone in the ribs. All of which I thought about.

“Yeah, yeah,” I wave my hand in his face. “Shut up and play with my hair.”

            There’s a moment or two where he doesn’t move and I think that, wow, maybe I’m asking for too much, and then I feel a gentle movement through my hair and some playful tugs. If he hadn’t been distracted by Jongup, I was sure that Himchan would have spoiled this. Then something occurred to me.

“Where’s Ji Woon at?” I ask, my eyes going wide.”

“Don’t worry, he’s asleep on Himchan’s bed.” Yongguk assures me.

“Have some faith in your babysitters, punk.” Himchan says, Jongup behind him, seemingly staring at whatever Yongguk was doing to my hair.

            I was going to ask if he was doing something weird to it, but when Himchan busted out laughing, my suspicions were confirmed. I got off of the couch and immediately ran over to the mirror, where I saw a row of braid, something Yongguk called “cornrows” from the couch that he and Himchan were laughing at.

“Good luck getting those out!” he calls from the couch, and I swore, in that moment, that I would kill him.

One. Day.

 

            It was three hours later, an hour after supper, and I had finally gotten those godforsaken braids out. I had sat Yongguk on the couch and practically shoved my hair in his face. And for an entire hour, I sat on his lap, occasionally dozing off, while he removed his creation from my hair. To top that off, I also ran up to the shower while they were in the kitchen, planning to shower before they could disagree.

“Let me shower with you, Uncle!” Ji Woon shouts behind me.

            This was strange, as Himchan and Yongguk usually showered him before I picked him up. Though, if they could do it, I could. It wasn’t like he was going to ask any awkward questions. So, we both hoped quickly into the shower, me with the excuse of Ji Woon wanting to shower, so I hopped in first. That’s me, always with a backup plan.

            However, Himchan opening the bathroom door and seeing me showering with Ji Woon was not as I had planned. With my plain-as-day blush, followed by a shout, and Himchan’s blaring laughter, Yongguk seemed to want to know what was going on. Though, he definitely should not have peaked into the shower, because BAM. seventeen year old boy Zelo here.

“Y-Yah!” Yongguk shouts as he turns around, blush brighter than Zelo’s own. “Why didn’t you close the door?!”

“I did!” My pride was too close to the edge. “Himchan came in and left it open!”

            Yongguk’s eyes go wide and he turns back around, momentarily forgetting about my ness.

“Why was Himchan in here with you ?!”

And conclusions are jumped to.

“He wasn’t, he came in, laughed, and kept the door open,” I said, stuttering my way through a simple sentence.

Get it together, Zelo.

“Close the damn door!” I shout, forgetting about the six year boy in front of me.

 

 

            It was thirty minutes later and I decided to leave the bathroom. I first went downstairs to find the cause of the current issue, only to find him and Yongguk in the kitchen, watching the small television propped up on the counter.

“Hey, you two.” I call quietly as I enter the kitchen, Yongguk’s old shirt lying loosely over my body.

“I’ll be sleeping on the couch with Ji Woon tonight.” I say over the loud rain and thundering outside as the two of them look up.

            Himchan lets out a tiny chuckle and pats my back as he walks by, a quick goodnight to me and a ruffle to Ji Woon’s hair. Yongguk, however, just says goodnight and walks upstairs to his room.

You’d think that he was the one seen .

            With a mental eye roll, I walked over to the couch and laid Ji Woon on it gently, then snuggling in beside him. Even if it was only 8, I was tired and really wanted some of that exotic pizza.

 


A/N: I promise, they won't all be this y from now on. I'm actually super super bored right now and can't get on XBOX, because of vacation, so writing the next chapter. (c:) I really missed you guys, and wow, sorry that the banner , I lost all of my stuff on my old laptop for my PS, so now it's just...all on my own. ;-;