OO8 | Ruined(?) Hair

Inheritance / HIATUS.

                Thundering and lighting were two things that I hated, both on the same line. And I had chosen the wrong night to sleep in the living room. A long sigh left my lips as I scooped Ji Woon into my arms, heading up the stairs and into Yongguk’s room.

“Yongguk?” I whispered as I entered his room.

                A grunt, then some shuffling. I whispered his name again, and his voice came in response.

“Jello?”

Admittedly, my heart skipped a tiny beat at hearing that nickname from his mouth. Another sigh.

“Can I-Can I sleep in here for tonight?” I got my breath caught in my throat as a strike of lighting was outside, followed by thunder.

                Yongguk seemed to stare at me for a bit, his head just barely lifted from his pillow as he muttered an affirmation. A mental ‘hooray’ was noted. I climbed into bed and made sure to get as close to Yongguk as possible, pulling Ji Woon with me. Another mental note was caught as Yongguk wrapped his arm around my waist. Sudden lighting, occasionally followed by thunder, made me jump, a bit embarrassingly.  Though I expected a chuckle, his arm seemed to tighten and I felt more warmth near my neck. I noted it as his cheek and snuggled into it, for the warmth and that is all.

 

The next morning was awkward, due to Himchan, and very comfortable. But more comfortable.

                There’s a nice feeling when I wake up, one of those than make you not want to open your eyes.  So, I keep them closed and snuggle closer to the nice feeling. This time, just to be safe, I made sure it wasn’t a shirt, but it felt different. I couldn’t pinpoint the exact feeling, even though it was familiar. My eyes crack open, then grow wide. It’s a stomach, and my hands are wrapped around it.

“Yongguk.” I mumble as I look up, meeting his eyes, though his seem a lot less surprised, more relaxed, as if I was imagining my hands around his waist. He sighs, and pulls his hand from under me, bringing it to rest on my head, then plays with my hair, meeting my eyes the entire time. Though I couldn’t see it for myself, I’m sure that the blush resting on my cheeks was a sight to see.

“Yongguk…” I repeat once more, no matter how much I didn’t  want to ruin this.

“Why did you sleep on the couch?” he asks, leaving my eyes and going to my hair.

“I didn’t,” I mutter, closing my eyes and loosening my grip on the six year old beside me.

“You know what I mean.” He says sternly.

I sigh, because why can’t I shut up and leave a moment be?

“You ran in on me and-“

“I wasn’t angry about that, or anything. I just felt that you shouldn’t have let Himchan leave the door open like that.” He interrupts, his hand leaving my hair and going limp by my side.

“Don’t get worked up about it, I’m used to my sister being like that, she picked on me when she walked in on me when we were young.” Another sigh. “He acts like her, so I wasn’t as angry or anything as I would’ve been.”

                The conversation seemed to end as Yongguk laid his head onto mine, hiding my face as Himchan cracked the door, soon after closing it back. He grunts and tries to get comfortable again, wrapping an arm around me, removing mine in the process.

“Just go back to sleep.” He mumbles before passing out on my head.

If you get one drop of drool in my hair…

                For once, neither Himchan nor Ji Woon woke the two of us up. In fact, I woke up in Yongguk’s bed alone, looking around in daze.

“The hell…” I mutter as I walk downstairs,  hearing a bunch of grunting in the kitchen.

“Ugh, Himchan,” a voice I notice as Yongguk’s says, clearly struggling with something.

“Yah!” I yell as I turn the kitchen corner. “What’s going-oh.”

                With no clear signs of actions, the two men jump in their seats, the arms they were wrestling with shooting into the air.

“Uncle Jello!” Ji Woon shouts from Himchan’s lap, practically flying into my arms.

                The two men sit in their seats, staring at me. Neither showed any emotion in their looks, so I just walked by and got a glass of juice. I looked back; still staring.

“What?” I mumble, nudging both of them, and though Yongguk chuckles and looks away, Himchan stares at me.

“Where’re you planning on going today?” he asks, the corner of his lip revealing the smile he knew he wanted to let loose.

“Mainly, the shower.”

“You do that and then we’re gonna go somewhere.” He says, finally chuckling.

 

                It was thirty minutes after I got out of the shower and I was now facing a barber shop. I turn to look at the two men behind me.

“Ji Woon doesn’t need a haircut, we just got it cut last week.” I state, clearly confused as to why we were here.

                They both grab my arms and begin to take me inside, then after blocking the door with their bodies.

“You’re the one getting your hair done.” They say, relieving me of my confusion and sending panic through me.

Not my hair.

“You’re not cutting my hair.” I say wearily, warning the two of the dangers soon to come.

“We aren’t cutting it, they are just gonna spiffy it up.” Yongguk says, pointing over to two older, yet still young, women. “ This is what you get for that bathroom prank, kid.”

                Then, suddenly, I realized that I had put ketchup all over their toilet lid, knowing they didn’t look. Though it had caused Himchan four Band-Aids, I regretted nothing.

“Himchan, Yongguk.” I warn, ready to dash with Ji Woon in my arms.

                In one breath of air, Yongguk scoops me up, Himchan taking Ji Woon, and sits me in the barber’s seat, right in front of a hair-dye kit.

They wouldn’t dare.

 

                However, they did dare, as I emerged from that godforsaken chair an hour later with a head full of blue hair. There was a long silence in the room in which everyone looked at my hair, then Himchan breaks it with his laughter, and Yongguk follows soon after. The hairstylist looked confused, yet proud of their own work.

“It looks great, kid.” They both choked out between howls. “Don’t be so blue about it!”

Old people jokes.

                With no words spoken, I grab Ji Woon and head home on foot, because there was no way in hell I was riding home with those to heads.

                I arrived home before the other  two, which I take into my own advantage. The computer is soon after and searched through, thoroughly checked for any pranks or blackmail. (Himchan had a problem, anyone could tell.)

“…the best, though!” the two men sputter into the front door just as I run back from upstairs.

                The both look at me, laugh more, and greet me.

“…” I mummer as I pass them, making sure not step on any of Ji Woon’s gun toys.

                Later that night, after supper and Jongup leaves, I walk out of the bathroom and go downstairs. Both of the two dickwads are sitting on the couch, watching some anime on TV. I give Yongguk the affirmation to go shower and wait patiently for the pair to walk up to their rooms and get their clothes, as Yongguk showers fast, so Himchan goes up to his room to wait. Soon after, satisfaction floods through me.

“Holy !” the two yell in synchronization, their stomps clearly heard in my ears.

                Laughter floods through the house once the stomps stop and continue down the stairs, two angry faces being shoved in front of me.

“This isn’t funny, you little jerk!” they both yell again, looking at each other afterwards.

                As I continue to laugh, the two huff and sit down beside me, Yongguk shoving my face under his arm and roughly ruffling my hair. Himchan just tickles my feet, my sensitive spot, and I erupt in crazed laughter. Ten minutes later, and we’re all huffing on the couch, chuckles occasionally popping out.

“Gotcha.” I mumble and run to the kitchen, where Ji Woon had been eating oranges and bananas for a while.

 

                Okay, so maybe the blue hair wasn’t that bad, afterall. Yongguk seemed to like it quite a bit, too. While sleeping in his bed, cuddling became a usual thing that neither of us thought twice about. He would play with my hair, curl it around his fingers and brush through it. He had started doing it often since my hair had been dyed.

“You’ve been playing with my hair often,” I comment one day as he and I sit in his bed.

“Blue suits you well.” He states plainly.


A/N: Definitely not the best chapter, but it'll have to do for this one. The next will be better, promise. However, dince I've update twice in two days, I'm warning you to not expect this. I do enjoy writing, but I also enjoy XBOX (a lot). It'll be a mix of those two things, mainly. And I'm also thinking of a few one shots/two shots to do. Some banglo, some not. I'd enjoy some requests, though, to keep me busy when I don't feel like writing this. Any pairing will do, cus I'm bored. Just describe what you want. PM or comment. c: