O12 | Halloween

Inheritance / HIATUS.

“Yah!” Himchan screamed up the stairs. “Is everyone ready?”

                Himchan and Ji Woon were the most excited of the house to go Trick or Treating. All seven of us had gathered, including Daehyun and Youngjae, for this event. Everyone seemed more interested in seeing Ji Woon dressed up in the full body Iron Man suit I had bought for him a while back due to an unfortunate event at my old apartment.

                The ones of us that weren’t downstairs all ran down the stairs so as to not make Himchan angry. Yongguk, Himchan, Daehyun, Jongup, Himchan, and I were all dressed up with bunny ears and a tail on, each with a different color. It was originally Himchan’s idea, he seemed to think everyone would look adorable. My personal favorite was Yongguk. He had looked quite adorable in my opinion.

                After everyone had gathered downstairs, Himchan grabbed his keys and I grabbed my skate board. We seemed prepared to leave, but I was still waiting for something when the doorbell rang. I ran over to it in excitement as everyone stood in confusion.

“You were almost late, they were about to leave!” I shouted as I threw my arms around Hyosung.

                As soon as we finished hugging, Yongguk asked it was, stepping closer. Once she came into view, however, Ji Woon pushed past the other guys.

“Mama!” he yelled in excitement, jumping into her arms.

                Yongguk ruffled my hair once I stood beside him, then Himchan nudged me fondly. Nothing had really changed between Yongguk and me, we still had a lot of sarcastic bickering, but we weren’t right out dating. It was confusing, to say the least. I didn’t personally understand why we couldn’t date if we both liked each other, but I hadn’t asked. Instead, I let the relationship stay as it was.

“So that’s his mom. She’s pretty.” Daehyun said, enticing Youngjae to slap his arm.

                After a while of calming Ji Woon down, we all left the house, ditching the car and walking instead. There was no way Himchan was fitting eight people into his tiny Honda. Plus, Ji Woon had a lollypop and Himchan was not risking that getting on his seats. I never bothered to ask where Hyosung’s fiancée had been.

                We all walk together, too caught up in conversation to realize when we actually arrived to the festival. Kids were running around and begging their mother’s to take them to more houses, booths had been set up offering candy and games. Ji Woon spilt up with the rest of us and went with Hyosung, who had given us notice of their departure. Afterwards, Himchan and Jongup split, telling us they were going to get some candy off the kids, Daehyun and Youngjae following soon after. That left me and Yongguk standing beside each other. I sighed and grabbed Yongguk’s hand.

“We’re gonna play some games, okay?” I said, checking him for an affirmation.

                And so we did. Yongguk, who had been watching me continuously lose at popping the balloons, grabbed the darts from my hand and chuckled.

“Let me show you how it’s done, Jello.” He smirked as I rolled my eyes.

                Yongguk had turn out to be pretty good at the game; if you count popping two balloons at a time good. He was honestly great at it. I didn’t think there was even a scale of expertise on popping balloons with a dart. However, if there was, Yongguk had to be at the top. After he had hit a load of balloons within the maximum time given, the owner of the stall rolled his eyes. After all, this was supposed to be for kids. After scoffing at the owner’s rude action, Yongguk snatched the large stuffed animal out of his arms.

“Well, someone’s a show off.” I chuckled as we walked away from the stall.

                Yongguk looked over at me and smirked, then went off on all the games he was good at. It was a rather long list, honestly; and I’d be willing to bet that he hadn’t played half of them.

“Jello!” I heard from somewhere behind our backs.

                Yongguk immediately stopped rambling and we both turned around at the unfamiliar voice. Immediately, my eyes widen. The boy was unfamiliar to Yongguk, but very much familiar to me.

“Zico!” I yelled back, though he was literally five feet behind us.

                Zico was a friend of mine before he graduated from school two years ago. Though he wasn’t as close to me as Jongup, Daehyun, and Youngjae were, we had still been good friends. We had found each other through rapping, actually. I guess you could say I had a phase.

                The elder approached the two of us, though Yongguk seemed to be waiting for an introduction, and threw his arms around my neck. He had never really been one for skinship, though he didn’t care for a hug every now and then. I laughed and pulled back from the hug after a moment, then turned to Yongguk.

“This is a friend of mine from a few years back,” I said, gesturing towards Zico, who raised an eyebrow.

                I introduced the two and they shook hands, though there was a hint of reluctance on Yongguk’s side. After a few minutes, though, a male approached Zico and laced their fingers together, recommending they leave. They said their goodbyes and I turned towards Yongguk.

“A little touchy, wasn’t he?” Yongguk mumbled as we began to walk again.

                I chuckled and looked in his direction.

“Do I taste jealousy in the air?” I teased at him.

                Yongguk scoffed and mumbled out a ‘no’ as his cheeks began to darken. He was completely obvious and I would be lying if I didn’t say it was the most adorable thing ever. Before Yongguk could jump to any conclusions, I laced my fingers between his.

Maybe I should look into make him jealous more often.


A/N: Well I actually wrote something. c: One of youguys said to make Yongguk jealous, so I tried. x.x The next few chapters are gonna be interesting! ;)