OO6 | Of Shopping and Embarassment

Inheritance / HIATUS.

 

               It was safe to say that I felt like a burden. Yongguk’s ring-back tone echoed into my ear as an anxious sigh left my lips. Jongup sat beside me on a bench, though I was standing, and waited patiently. He was the only friend, at school, I had told about taking care of Ji Woon, as I figured that Daehyun and Youngjae wouldn’t care much.

“Hello,” Yongguk’s muffled voice could be heard, though just barely, on the other end of my phone.

“Yah,” I sighed, though it definitely didn’t seem to be one of relief, throwing on a smirk. “Have you been sleeping on the job?”

Yongguk hummed in response, ”Shouldn’t you be on your way?”

“Actually, that’s why I called; to see if I can pick Ji Woon up a little later today.”

“Sure, but you’ll have to repay me,” a teasing tone had taken over his previously sleepy one.

“Whatever, I’ll be there in like an hour and a half,” I scoffed, hanging up on his complaints.

                The three of us, Himchan, Yongguk, and I, had become closer somehow after I ended up sleeping over. Though, it was more of an awkward closeness between Yongguk and I. All in all, however, we were all friends.

“You done?” I looked back at Jongup, who I admittedly almost forgot about, as he threw an arm over my shoulder lazily.

                We were using the hour and a half to go shopping, as Jongup claimed that I needed a ‘wider variety of clothing’; or something like that. I was content with what I had, but wouldn’t turn down a little time out with a friend.

“This looks like a nice store,” Jongup began, already into, what I like to call, his shopping trance.

                We spent the entire time exchanging preferences over clothing, until finally, we were both on our way to Yongguk and Himchan’s house. Since Jongup was my closest friend, I found it necessary that he met the two aforementioned men. At first, he denied, saying that he didn’t want to interrupt anything; which I replied to with ‘nonsense’.

                I rang the doorbell around six times before giving up; coming to the conclusion that Yongguk was too much of a lazy to get up, and around the same conclusion for Himchan.

I sighed, a trail of my breath leading into the air, and dug under the small plant on their doorstep. A small key was hidden under it.

Typical hiding spot for es.

“Junhong, isn’t-“ Jongup started uncertainly, though he stopped when a car pulled up behind us.

                Yongguk and Himchan exited, an expectedly excited Ji Woon shoving the two out of the way, jumping into my arms afterwards.

“Where were you three?” Himchan snorted as he spotted the key in my hand.

“We went to get groceries, since we were out, and still don’t have any cooking oil.” Himchan said, opening the door with his own key, then later putting the spare where it had been previously.

Yongguk, who hadn’t talked yet, nodded towards Jongup. “A friend?”

                I nodded, walking past a stiff Himchan. Jongup was equally as stiff, but I passed it off as being in an unfamiliar territory.

“Do you three wanna stay for supper?” Himchan said, nonchalance dripping from his words as he leaned on the counter.

                I hummed, obviously liking the two’s company, and looked to Jongup, who was already trailing after Himchan to help cook.

“I’ll make sure to bring you every day, then.” I muttered towards his direction.

                Three were left in the living room, though one was knocked out on the couch already, and this silence did not feel comforting. Yongguk was flipping through the channels on the TV, though he was being strangely cautious, and I was left with a sleeping Ji Woon, drooling onto my jeans.

“What’d you guys do today?” he asked suddenly, a strange edge to his voice.

I shrugged. “Not much, really; just shopped some.”

                A frown flashed across Yongguk’s face; he obviously didn’t like the tone I used. I was tired, and honestly didn’t mean to be rude, but didn’t really think it could be helped. Looking over, I noticed he was sulking; sulking.

Jesus Christ, do you have to make me feel so bad.

                I sighed, situating Ji Woon beside me, then laid my head onto the man’s lap. Practically throwing every bit of pride out of the window, I closed my eyes as a blush settled itself onto my cheeks.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to be rude.” I mumbled into Ji Woon’s hair.

                Instead of a reply, a large hand settled itself onto my head, playing around with a few random strands. If you took out the awkward, then it was a pretty sentimental moment. Even with the awkward, though, Himchan busting in half-way with a snort was pretty damn lame.

“I’m sorry to cut into all this ual frustration,” he began innocently. “but please do refrain from ing up a teenagers hair on our couch, Bbang.”

                I sat up immediately, unfortunately waking up the kid beside me, and threw the most harmful weapon in reach; a couch cushion. To be more detailed, the same couch cushion that was under Yongguk’s heavy .

Two birds with one stone, hell yeah.

                While both of them sat on the couch, complaining to each other no doubt, I visited Jongup in the kitchen. Himchan had, apparently, dumped the job on him.

“I’m fine with it really,” he muttered as I sent a glare to the darker-haired man on the couch.

                Everyone’s supper was made around thirty minutes later, as Jongup had to rush in order to cook four servings. It was some sort of pasta-pizza mix that tasted…exotic.

“Stay here for tonight, Junhongie.” Himchan teased, despite the fact that he had just been sulking.

                Jongup had left straight after supper since his mom had called asking for his whereabouts, and I stayed after supper to play some games and listen to the two older men’s funny conversations.

                It was a weird sort of cruelty, to be quite honest. There was a strangely sad pull inside of me that really told me to stay for the night; but I had entirely too much pride to ask.

“Can I, since Ji Woon doesn’t like the dark?”

Ah, so this was pride.

                They had both, with knowing smirks plastered onto their faces, agreed to let the two of us sleep over, and after I got out of the shower, I walked downstairs where the two waited on me. We had also decided early that I would be sleeping with Yongguk, since Himchan demanded his beauty sleep, and plus he had a bad kicking habit. Throughout my entire shower, I had determined that tonight would be a very awkward one.