OO5 | Innocent Elder

Inheritance / HIATUS.

“It was a simple trip to get groceries,” Yongguk grumbled behind me, kicking at random rocks in anger.

                Yes, I may have gotten the two of us lost on the way there, but it was Yongguk’s fault for thinking I had any idea where the hell I was going in the first place. He had told me to lead the way after a small argument, but I had gotten lost in conversation with the same man himself.

                Just as I opened my mouth to tell him to shut up, I was stopped by a growl, heat flying to my face.

“Thank god,” Yongguk breathed out. “I’m really hungry, too.”

                Disregarding the fact that Himchan probably had food for us at his house, though I don’t know how it would taste without cooking oil, we began to search for food. As we passed a lot of foreigners, I became aware that we were, unfortunately, in Itaewon. That’s right, two Korean men in the who knows where of the foreign district of Korea.

                However, fortunately for a lucky twenty-year old man, my best subject in school was English, though that didn’t exactly say anything.

“D-do you have restaurant here?” I stumbled out, pausing shortly between syllables to make sure I got the right one.

                After asking many, oh so many, foreigners for directions to a restaurant, we managed to find a somewhat nice place to eat. A menu was thrown onto several tables, the place completely empty. It had a nice air about it, soft piano music playing, and wooden floors that seemed quite worn out.

                Yongguk began to order, stumbling out any English food that looked appetizing on the menu. I began to regret listening to Himchan and coming, though something told me it wouldn’t be my last time. Just as an awkward silence fell over us, our food came curving around the corner, carried by a familiar face.

“Youngjae,” I exclaimed happily as he got to our table.

He looked confused at first, and then a look of recognition took over as he looked at me. “Zelo what are you doing here?”

                As Yongguk ate awkwardly, eyeing the two of us, I chatted with Youngjae. He began to tell me how Daehyun’s mother, who spoke fluent English, owned this place and was nice enough to give him a job. Youngjae and Daehyun had an entirely different background to them, all of it unknown to our group of friends, though we could tell the two liked each other.

                Once Yongguk finished his food, Youngjae dismissed himself, giving me the piece of cake said man ordered.

“What?” I asked as I noticed Yongguk eyeing me, sitting back in his chair with his arm crossed sassily.

                Yongguk just hummed, turning his head towards the large window beside us, a vein on his neck near popping. I sighed as I got up, dragging Yongguk out of the door after I laid the grocery money on the table.

“Yah,” he yelled, obviously not used to being manhandled. “What are you doing?”

“Taking your prissy to the park so you can get that stick out of it and play,” I replied.

                Yongguk, obviously, didn’t reply to that. As I rounded the last corner, a wide patch of grass with children and parents running around on the equipment came into view. I had led us out of the Itaewon area, so we were now back around where we should have been an hour ago. As soon as I stepped foot on the grass, I noticed that Yongguk had sped up a little, not being able to resist the free swing set.

“Race you,” I yelled as I sped past him, his eyes growing infinitely in size.

                I heard the man yell a quick ‘cheater’ behind me, his comment not stopping me as I threw myself on the swing’s seat. A few parents’ gave me the two of us a weird look as Yongguk trotted in front of me, huffing.

“I’m getting too old for this,” he mumbled, scrunching up his face as he sent me a glare.

                I began to laugh at his sulky behavior as I swung, strong hands pushing my back roughly, put radiating off of the man. After I began to grow tired of his actions, I slowed down and let him into the swing set. You could feel the confusion from him once he realized no one was behind him, unable to see much in the limited space of the seat.

“Junhong,” he asked, confused. “Where’d you go?”

                I began to laugh, no longer being able to hold it in as the man got up from his seat and searched. His eyes had a spark when he heard my laughter, pretending not to hear it as he acted(badly) as if he were still clueless. Just as he reached the bush I had been hiding in, which was unfortunately hard to see through, I jumped out, leaves hanging in my hair.

                This, however, would definitely be number two on my list of stupid things to have done. Just as equally unfortunate as the bush’s opacity, that man hadn’t been Yongguk. Yongguk was behind me, ready to scare me. That had been an unfortunate old man who had expected anything but a rabid kid jumping out of the bushes at him.

“S-sorry,” I apologized quickly before, once again, taking the initiative to grab Yongguk and run to the direction I figured, in such an exhilarating moment, was his house.

 

“Yah, you punks!” Himchan yelled the moment my toe hit the doorstep, the ever so frightening spatula wielded. “You dare go out to get cooking oil in the morning and come back at night with dirty heads?!”

                That wasn’t the end of it, never. Himchan kept us on the couch, a certain six year old’s head peaking around the corner, scolding us even though Yongguk seemed to be the older.

Like hell I’d ever believe that.


A/N: I'm sorry for being like a day late, guise. All day at school I was being eaten up by guilt because not only am I a day late, but I come out with this bull. /gets beaten

But, even worse, I'll be updating whenever I get free time now, though I promise it'll be less that two weeks. I'll try to keep it up on Sundays, but if I can't, then I simply can't. ;^;

Although, I have an addiction to Tumblr, so I usually am on there, even if I reply late since I'm doing homework for around two hours everyday now. ;n;