The Healer's Secret

Madness, Regrets and Secrets

                       Chapter Nine

      The Healer's Secret

 

Vepria was a mutated gene of blood. It was claimed that it would cover the surface of blood vessels with a gold layer, and the blood cells are actually silver rather than scarlet. No proper research was ever conducted to discover the mysteries behind this phenomenon. All previous studies were either burnt to ashes or vanished from this dimension. The researchers always disappeared before they could find anything worth compiling a report about.

Even Luhan himself, knew very little of this gene. He only knows that the gene came in a package with his abnormal powers and mutated blood cells.

“H-hyung?” The spirit waved in front of his face, trying to grab his attention. “Y-your skin.”

Luhan took a look at his hands – they were turning into a dark shade of chartreuse.

“I no longer know if it’s the effects of vepria or the experiment I was in.” A lifeless cackle resonated around the room. “It happens once in a while.”

“W-what is it?”

Luhan’s hair was starting to stick upright and streaks of red tainted his blonde hair.

“A beast they called Vepria, because they believed it was caused by the vepria gene. It takes a lot to control that side of me. Once in a while, it’ll reveal itself, but it won’t take over me.”

The oddball could tell that the spirit was curious as to what the beast looked like, but he didn’t want him to know that Vepria had no proper form at all. Its form is created with a mixture of malicious thoughts from people of a five kilometre radius from him.

Vepria was a human creation which all its creators despised and feared.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A bright, exquisite lilac aura danced in the healer’s room and an entrancing melody accompanied the beautiful scene. After a few minutes, the light began to dim, leaving a young girl with soft, light blue hair. An elegant white dress draped over her small figure.

The healer sighed once the transformation process was complete.

“It’s the first time I don’t want to see you, Li An.” He rubbed his temples as he stared at her.

She inhaled deeply.

“Please help Luhan-ge,” she whispered in her delicate voice. He missed that voice, but he would rather miss it than hear her say those words.

“No.”

“Y-you don’t understand!”

He grabbed onto her shoulders and raged at her. “If I’m going to help anyone I’ll help you first! Don’t you see I don’t have to ability to help any of you?!”

“B-but only you can help him. It’s not true! His vision isn’t true! Someone is tampering with his ability. It’s a trap!”

His grip on her loosened.

“Do you think he doesn’t know that? The guy knows everything, but sometimes knowing something won’t change anything.”

“Why won’t it?”

“Because there are consequences that we can’t afford to take!” His voice startled her. Guilt soon consumed him. “Li An, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you like this. I think we should trust him, you know?”

The healer doesn’t know whether or not Luhan had noticed his vision was fake, but he knows one thing for sure – those who were able to implant such a vision had already laid out their chess pieces on the chessboard. They are prepared for every decision Luhan might make, thus the oddball cannot make any impulsive acts and could only follow the vision for the time being.

The girl nodded.

“Now, I’ve been wanting to ask you this for a long time. Do you happen…to like him?”

 Her eyes avoided his. “I—“

“I don’t want a word of lie from you. Do you or do you not like him?”

She remained silent and he was getting impatient.

“Zhang Li An!”

 

 

“I like him.”

 

 

 

Lay’s eyes dilated. His face was drawn and pale. He was trembling.

“I-I’m sorry. If it wasn’t for me then maybe you can be with him…as a girl.”

Within a blink an eye, the girl’s petite body was replaced with a one of a unicorn. Even so, that sincere smile could still be felt behind that creature's mask. 

“If it wasn’t for you, I won’t even be here. Stop blaming yourself...

 

 

 

 

...brother.”

 

 


Author's Note: Sorry for not updating. Short update due to my guilt...

Those who given up on this story, I don't blame you. Those who's still following this story, I sincerely thank you and I'm very sorry~~

//ShadowYin