Friendship is Fragile

Madness, Regrets and Secrets

                       Chapter Twelve; 

      Friendship is Fragile

“She’ll never love you back after what you did to her,” said Kai.

Sehun was dumbstruck. He wanted to run away, but as he turned around, Kai appeared in front of him again.

“You really have forgotten. Well, let me remind you. My name is Jongin. Kim Jongin.”

The spirit thought long and hard, yet he couldn’t remember anything.

“Let me remind you then.” His voice suddenly became hoarse and hollow. “Let me take you to the time you hurt her.”

 

 

--

 

Their surroundings began to move so quickly that it just looked like dashes of swirling colours trying to attack them.

Sehun stared into Kai’s eyes, trying to figure the puzzle out on his own. He saw anger, hate and bitterness all mixed in those two dark pools.

“Where are we going?”

The colours stopped swirling around, taking their rightful place to depict a scene outside the school gates.

“This is a part of my memory. Our memories, in fact.”

Sehun glanced around, and saw two schoolboys on the top of the roof with arms over their shoulders.

“T-that’s…us? We’re friends!” Sehun smiled with glee, completely forgetting Kai’s hatred.

“Were,” Kai corrected immediately with his eyes turning into slits.

The spirit’s smile faded whilst he watched the scene unfold before him.

 

 

--

 

 

“Miya said she likes me,” said Sehun. “This morning, she confessed to me.”

Jongin was dumbstruck. His head lowered as he swallowed the bread that was in his mouth in one dry gulp.

“But I rejected her! You like her, don’t you?”

“But do you like her?” Jongin asked. He didn’t really want to hear the answer, but he knew he must.

“Jongin-ah,” Sehun whined. “It doesn’t matter who I like. I won’t fall for the same girl you like.”

“If you can treat her well, go for it,” he stated calmly. “Not being loved back is a horrible feeling.”

“Y-you mean that?”

Jongin nodded with a weak smile. “Promise me you would treat her well.”

Sehun nodded enthusiastically.

 

 

-

 

 

“You two were in love,” Kai spoke solemnly. Scenes began to change, revealing the happy times shared between Sehun and Miya. “Until…”

 

 

-

 

They were in an attic. Heavy breathing caught the spirit’s attention.

His past self was making out with a girl, but that girl wasn’t Miya. It was someone else.

What made it worse was that Miya witnessed it all without anyone knowing apart from Jongin.

 

“You cheated on her,” Kai finished off before returning them to the present.

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

“Sehun has found the first and second person.” Luhan chortled. “My dear friend, we must make our move, now.”

Yixing didn’t even seem surprise from the oddball’s sudden statement, perhaps already too use to his odd mannerism – something he was not particularly proud of.

“What happens to those two people?” Yixing asked, not knowing if he wanted to know the answer.

“The person who loves him would have to forget him. The person who put this curse would have to forgive him. The latter is quite hard to do as you can forcefully erase someone’s memory, but you can’t force someone to forgive.”

Yixing sighed inwardly. “Your plan?”

“Well we have to save Sehun first. Despite how much I dislike interacting with the others, I feel like we would need everyone’s help as we will be going to the other dimensions, especially that prince and his loyal slave, I mean, subordinate.”

“Would it kill you to call them by their names?”

“If it could, I would definitely do that.”

 

 


A/N: sorry....I am absolutely inspirationless with this now....If you're still interested I mgiht make short updates every now and again, but generally this is under hiatus....>>

For those who enjoy my fantasy/super natural stories, please check out The Revolutionists, some of the ideas are very similar, but the plot for that one is a lot clearer for me right now....so that would be updated more frequently....sorry ^^'