Gone Again

Madness, Regrets and Secrets

Resting his head on the palm of his hands, he observed the scene below his window. What was there was unimportant. He just needed to keep himself occupied until the sun rises, signalling him that a new day has begun. Until then, he would just have to wait.

His eyes darted left and right, searching for something that would be of interest to him; nothing.

Luhan was bored. There was no other way to put it. There was however, a simple solution for him. Not all creatures were asleep during the night, especially not in the house he lived in. He knew just the place he could have fun in.

It had been three months since the six of them, or eight rather, had been living together. Each and every one of them carries a story with them. He walked across the corridors, wondering which story he should find out first. He wasn’t curious. He just needed something to pass time with until the sunrise. After all, a person like him could never sleep.

He chose the door on his second left and a smirk crossed his face.

“This,” he whispered as he pushed the creaking door open. “Is a very problematic household, isn’t it, my friend?” 

 

 

-

 

 

Once the sun revealed itself through the window, Luhan instantly disappeared back into his lair. It would only be two more hours before Kris would start waking up the others.

One may think that a human boy like Kris would not be capable of controlling the spectacular individuals that lived there. Never underestimate that human boy. That would be the first and most possibly worst mistake.

“Wake up, or you two would be late for your classes!” Kris demanded as he shook the Time Controller and the Shadow Realm Prince. Neither of them listened, of course; especially since he was only a human, but they kept forgetting who was always by his side and why Kris became their leader.

A loud roar entered their ears, jolting them up instantly. Tao knocked his head into the ceiling, since he slept on the top bunk bed, whereas Baekhyun fell off his.

They had forgotten about his ‘pet’; that is, if you could call a spiritual dragon a pet.

“Such a good girl, aren’t you?” Kris her delicate, emerald scales. To be quite honest, they didn’t know what she was, but she was able to be seen by some and not others. Sometimes she could remain invisible and sometimes she could be touched. They were very curious of this phenomenon, but the dragon would never talk to them. Whether she chose not to say anything or just simply couldn’t was another question.

“You know, I could just stop time instead of waking up early.”

“You also know that you’re meant to try and live a normal human’s life right now, right? Besides, last time you used time control, you came back half dead!”

It was true. Pausing time was energy consuming, especially since Tao overdid it last time by trying to pause time for over an hour.

“Please be more considerate next time. I thought I was going to die!” Baekhyun, the Prince of the Shadow Realm whined. It always amazed them how the Prince of the Shadow Realm could behave in such a way. If anyone should be the Prince of the Shadow Realm, they would’ve placed their bet on Sehun, hands down.

Every morning, Sehun would always sit by the window in the kitchen, admiring the sunrise outside. He doesn’t speak much, but that was just how he was. That morning, however, Sehun spoke on his own accord.

“Luhan hyung,” he uttered coldly, gaining all their attention since the kitchen was right in front of their room. “Said her name was Qing, meaning green. That’s why her scales are that colour.”

Kris nodded as he patted his dragon. “Ah Qing. That’s a nice name.” He smiled to himself. “But how did Luhan know? Speaking of Luhan, where is he?”

They all shot him an incredulous look, as if to ask 'do you really want to know?

“One head, one heart, one limb more. One nose, one mouth but that’s not all. Red, yellow, black and blue. Where’s the ingredient to create the perfect you?”

They could hear Luhan mumbling, or rather singing, in a nursery rhyme sort of rhythm; a pleasant way to start the morning. Then again, they’ve heard much worse before. The worse was probably:

Sweetest, sweetest little son
My dear, the morning has just begun
In the fire, in you go
Never will you go out, in the snow
Now I know that it’s the end
But have no fear, I shall also descend.

 

 

“He’s in his room.” Lay entered casually with his cup of morning coffee. It appeared as though he’d barely slept.

“Is it really ok?” Tao asked wearily. “To live with him like this.”

It certainly wasn't because they didn't enjoy Luhan's company, but the boy was just too unpredictable. Furthermore, they knew nothing about him. Even Lay, who had known him far longer than the rest, didn't particular appreciate the elder's odd behaviour at times. 

“Well,” the healer placed his mug down to adjust his glasses. “I’ve been living with him for three years before we met you guys. I’m still alive.”

“And besides,” said Luhan whilst he hung upside down from the door frame. How he managed to get in that position in the first place was beyond them. “You guys aren’t exactly normal either. This is a nuthouse. It only makes sense to have someone like me in here. I’m like the finishing touch; the cherry on top of the cake, if you like.”

They all rolled their eyes at him before continuing with their daily routine. No one ever takes him seriously, apart from Lay who constantly observes him like a hawk.

 

-

 

“He’s gone again.” Sehun stated monotonously as he emerged from one of the walls in Lay’s small clinic. The gust of wind that followed him caused odd pieces of paper to scatter on the ground. Lay on the other hand, busied himself with the patients’ documents in his hands, not wanting to bother about the loose sheets. In fact, he didn't want to bother with anything at all, not when he knew where the conversation was going with Sehun. 

“I know.”

“Where does his soul go? What is he doing?”

“Are we attempting to break a record today? This is quite rare, our Sehun is curious?” Lay chortled, earning a small growl from the spirit. “He’s in another part of town, trying to change someone’s future.”

“Luhan hyung,” he spoke again, causing Lay to mentally roll his eyes. Luhan wasn’t a topic he enjoyed talking about, but seeing how Sehun barely ever talked, he made it an exception. “You’ve been with him for such a long time. Don’t you know what he is by now?”

The healer grinned at his question, asking him if he knew what Luhan was. The spirit simply shook his head.

“I thought he might be a fallen angel. He did say he came from the skies.”

Lay couldn’t help but laugh at his reasoning.

“Dearest Sehunnie, our Luhan is no angel. You’re so innocent, you know that? Our Luhan is everything but an angel, I assure you.”

“Then what is he?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“A flawed masterpiece.”

 

 


 

 

Author's Note: Wanted to thank everyone who subscribed and commented on this story, so quick update! O-o. Didn't think I'll have so many subscribers!! Thank you!!! <3 Tell me what you think of it so far? >> Thank you :D