Into the Depths of Your Mind

Madness, Regrets and Secrets

                       Chapter Seven; 

      Into the Depths of Your Minds

 

A/N: I'm not that satisfied with this chapter...but I realised I haven't updated in a while... >> I'll proof read this later~ Thanks for to all the recent subscribers <3 It's come to a point, I don't even know why people are reading this...but thanks anyways LOL! 

Enjoy~

 

“The feeling isn’t the same.”

They all took a moment to process what she’d said. The atmosphere was tense as the couple seemed to have commenced a staring contest between them. Jongin took the initiative to speak the tension.

“Well of course.” Jongin rolled his eyes displeasingly, even though he felt incredibly awkward for even speaking. “I’m real; the ‘Kai’ in your mind is not.”

They took no notice of his presence and continued to search answers within each other’s eyes.

“But sweetie, why don’t you try to get to know Jongin first? He’s a nice guy. He’s real too.” Xiumin suggested with a force smile, causing her to stare at him with bewildered eyes.

“Why are you doing this?” His solemn eyes betrayed him as they projected his motives to her. A scarlet tinge surfaced on her nose whilst hung agape.  Her breath hitched at the thought. “You were trying to set me up with this guy, weren’t you?”

Her world spun in circles when he bit his bottom lip and his eyes dropped to the floor, unable to face her; telling her that she was right.

“I’m your fiancée.” She said in disbelief, slowly backing away from them as if they’d suddenly turned into monsters.

“I’d rather believe in fate than you being insane.” He whispered hoarsely. “The drugs, the label, the judgemental gazes; it’s horrible. If it’s severe, they’ll even consider putting you in a mental institute.”

Her lips quivered whilst she trembled on the spot. “I hate you.” Xiumin’s head shot up, regretting it almost instantly. “I HATE YOU KIM MINSEOK!”

She left before he could say anything else. The image of her tears plummeting down tore his heart apart. Her crimson stained eyes seemed to be scarred in the back of his skull, continuing to haunt him.

 

 

-

 

 

“You’re mad.” Sehun shakes his head. “No matter what Lay hyung says, you are mad.”

“Did you only realise that I’m mad? I hope not.” Luhan chortled light-heartedly as he rocked back and forth on his chair. His childish behaviour was worrying.

“How could you suggest something so serious as if you’re joking?”

“Do you or do you not accept my suggestion then?” He smirked, knowing that Sehun wouldn’t refuse. “I suggest our new addition to this family. Her mind is simpler.”

Sooyang shot them a puzzling look and her heart raced not knowing that they were planning. Everyone in the house stopped what they were doing; patiently waiting for Luhan to tell them what was going on. The oddball chuckled at their curious faces.

“I’m giving Sehun a little preview of what it’s like the share minds.” He explained casually. “I can’t let him into my mind, so I need someone else to help me. Since Sooyang is living here for free, you might as well help me.”

She paced backwards, fear running through her veins. Luhan hadn’t even done anything, but the expression he held made her feel inferior, like she wouldn’t stand a chance against him if they were to fight.

Baekhyun stepped in when he noticed how mortified the girl was.

“Hyung, you’re scaring her. You don’t need to do that.”

“My dear prince, this will help you too.”

Baekhyun stood there; stunned by his words, before he even had the chance to ask why, a wavering yelp could be heard next to him. His throat went dry when he saw her eyes coloured in an exquisite shade of purple. He quickly glanced at Sehun, whose eyes had also changed colours, but they were emerald and Luhan’s were orange.

A malice smirk appeared on Luhan as a substantial amount of energy emitted from his body. Symbols started appearing on the walls, floor and ceiling, but none of them were able to comprehend what they meant. Incoherent murmurs escaped from Luhan’s lips whilst Sehun and Sooyang clutched onto their heads in agony. Distraught wails echoed throughout the room and the others couldn’t help but just stand there with terror in their chest.

After about thirty seconds, the room began to quieten down. The blundering colours and symbols faded away, leaving behind three exhausted individuals. Heavy panting resounded in the house whilst Tao, Kris and Baekhyun just stared at the scene with mouths agape.

“H-hyung!” Tao pointed to Luhan’s face, causing everyone to look at him. Luhan merely giggled while they watched him in horror. Slowly, he hand reached for his cheek, smearing the blood away with his finger before it off. “Thank goodness Lay’s not around.” His lips slanted as he wiped off the remaining blood with his hand; his right cheek had cracked.

“Y-you g-go through that, e-every second?” Sehun asked with his knees on the floor, shaking. “H-how?!”

“You’re going to have to get used to it if you ever want to live again. Her mind was the simplest amongst us. If you can’t even handle that, maybe you should reconsider living again.”

The air was dense after his bitter words until the irregular footsteps reached their ears, destroying the awkward silence. Sooyang had hid herself in the bathroom.

“Maybe you should be more considerate next time.” Kris suggested as his eyes remained fixed on the bathroom door. “She is a girl, after all.”

“I was simply trying to help.” Luhan smiled smugly. Kris was about to fire back comment when Sehun’s voice piped up.

“I-I saw Baekhyun hyung in her memories.” They all waited for the spirit to continue to satisfy their curiosity. “She didn’t come here to steal. She came here so he could retrieve his throne in the Shadow Realm.”

“Stu—” Before the prince could make his remark, Sehun cut him off.

“You were very young at the time, probably around five or six. The servants carried you in a carriage whilst you toured the area. No one smiled, but the bowed down before you, hiding their faces under their hoods. You on the other hand, smiled at them. You were too bright in their eyes.”

“That is rid—”

Sehun ignored him and continued to recall what he saw in her memories.

“You shone like no other in the Shadow Realm and she stared at you from the crowd, proud that you were their prince. You two were alike; both criticised for having possessing the ability to be happy. She just hid that side of her better and continued to live there until now. Chaos is erupting in the Shadow Realm. She wants you to save your dimension.”

Baekhyun’s gaze softened.

“I was never meant to be part of the Shadow Realm.” He said. “If that was what she was here for, tell her to leave once she’s done. I knew something was wrong when she kept pestering me to learn the shadow techniques.”

 The prince sighed whilst he strolled into his shared room with Tao.

“I’ll be with him, you know, to comfort him.” Tao uttered as he scurried into the room after the prince.

“If you knew, you could’ve just told us instead of doing this.” Kris said with his back leaning against the wall. He was surprisingly calm for a human.

“No one takes me seriously.” Luhan shrugged. “It’s no fun when I tell you guys everything. Besides, I needed a volunteer. If I told you guys before, she would probably leave and no one would be appropriate for this little ‘experiment’ of ours. Also, she would’ve seen something from your past too, Sehun.”

The spirit glanced at him with his infamous stoic face as if he’d given up the initial thought of living again. The human boy shook his head at the disastrous situation before him. It was entertaining to live in a household filled with weirdoes fantastic individuals, but the downside was he could never predict what they would do next. He would presume that Baekhyun would want to reclaim is position in the Shadow Realm since he treasured his bracelet so much, but that didn’t seem to be the case.

Luhan seemed to know everything and Kris really wanted to know why a dragon was clinging onto him and no one else. He wanted to ask him, but Luhan’s odd persona made it rather intimidating for him. So far, no one could tame the oddball, apart from Lay.

“I hope the house is still in one piece, Luhan!” Lay yelled from the door. The shuffling of feet told them that Lay had brought home a guest. Sehun immediately vanished into the air before he would scare anyone. “I leave you alone with them lot and you’re already wrecking the house.”

“I’m sorry mummy,” Luhan whined cutely. Kris didn’t know whether to feel extremely frightened or extremely giggly. “Did you bring daddy home?”

Lay glowered at the oddball once he finally reached the living room. A smirk soon appeared on the healer once Luhan’s face dropped; a reaction they never thought they would ever see.

“I wish I was Howl in Howl’s moving castle. We need a bigger house.” Lay cackled as he strode towards the kitchen, leaving Luhan and the guest completely baffled