Unfortunate lunch

Protect You (HIATUS)

Chapter 5

“Come on Lay, we need to get change. You’ll get her later.” Nichkhun said as he dragged the Chinese boy with him.
They entered to changing rooms and started to get change.
“So, Lay I see that you’ve been flirting a bit with Suho hey?” Sungyeol suddenly walked over to talk to Lay.
“Yeah, we’re just playing around.” He said as he buttoned up his shirt. Sungyeol tried hard not to look at his define abs.
“Yeol, were staring at his abs?” Nichkhun caught him looking.
“I wasn’t! Anyways, I have a girlfriend!” he defended.
“Oooooo! Sungyeol got a girl!!!!” someone teased from behind him.
“And it’s Suho! So you better back off Lay, ‘cus she’s my lady!” he then ran off to do his tie.
He’s her boyfriend? She never told me that...I just ask her at lunch. Lay couldn’t believe what he just heard. He grabbed his bag and waited for Nichkhun to put on his blazer. When they were both ready, they headed outside.

~

“Look there his is! Go and ask him!” Victoria pointed towards Yixing and Nichkhun. She shoved me towards them.
They both spotted us and waved. Victoria waved back; when I didn’t, he roughly poked my side.
“Ow!” I whined. I waved back. They both walked over. No, please don’t.
“Hey you guys, do you want to join us for lunch” Nichkhun asked.
“Yes! That would be lovely! Suho was about to ask the same thing! Weren’t you Suho?” she poked me again. I swear, if there is a bruise there tomorrow, I’m going to killed her!
“Yes, I was!” I replied through gritted teeth.
“Well let’s go!” Nichkhun took hold of Victoria’s hand and laced their fingers together. Her cheeks turned slightly pink and they walk ahead.
“We should do that.” Yixing leaned down to my ear.
“In. Your. Dreams!” I turned my head and my hair flicked him in the eyes.
“Ow!”
“Not so nice when it’s you now, is it?” I began to follow the other two.
“WAIT! I want to come as well!!!” Sungyeol came stumbling over to us.
“Fine. Come on!” I linked arms with him and left Yixing.

~

Isn’t it a lovely day today?” Nichkhun commented as we sat down on the table at the herb garden. “The sun is shining and the herds smell so refreshing!” I sat down in between Yixing and Sungyeol; Victoria sat with Nichkhun.
“Right then. I’m going to buy some burgers and chips, anyone want some?” Victoria got out her purse.
“I’ll have some please. I’ll go with you.” Nichkhun smiled. We all handed her some money. She got up to go.
“Sungyeol you should come with us!” beamed Nichkhun.
“No, I’ll just stay here.” He replied.
“Come on big boy!” Nichkhun picked him up and threw him over his shoulder.
“WAIT! I DON’T WANT TO GOOOOOOO!!!!” Even though he was smaller, Nichkhun carried Sungyeol with ease. “NOOOO!” he cried as he was being carried. The rest just laughed at his plight.
“See you soon!” Victoria waved as they walked down the path with Sungyeol still whining. Now it’s just me and Yixing...

~

“That was your boyfriend huh? He’s really brave!” he said sarcastically.
“What boyfriend?” he confused her with what he said.
“Sungyeol told me you’re his girlfriend in the changing rooms.” He explained.
“I’m not his girlfriend!” she huffed.
“If you’re not his girlfriend; does that mean I can court you?” he slides closer and breathed right next to her ear.
She suddenly felt light headed. “You’re pretty handsome; a guy like you could get any girl they want. Why do you choose me?” her body was gently swaying side to side.
“Because you are strong. I can see that one day you’ll be a great person. You’ll be saving lives and bring happiness to many people. You need me and I need you.” He smiled to himself; as he put his arms around her. By now Suho was fully leaning into Yixing’s body.
That’s odd. She’d normally say something by now... he looked down and saw that her eyes were closed and her body was limp. ! She fainted! He hurriedly picked her up and ran to the house.

~

“Is she going to be ok?” Nichkhun asked Yixing, who was dabbing Suho’s forehead with a wet cloth. Victoria was sat on the bed, tightly clutching her hand.
“It happens a lot, it’s getting more frequent as the days go by. I think it was the heat today. She’s dying and she knows it. Who knows how long she haves left. No one can help her. I don’t want her to go!” tears dripped down from her brown eyes. Nichkhun moved in and hugged her tightly.
“I wish she can be helped” the blonde boy soothingly her back.
Yixing sat gently caressing Suho’s face, listening to their conversation.
“Don’t you guys worry, I’ll save her.” his promise was barely above a whisper. Victoria stopped crying and observed the scene in front of her. Yixing was treating her like she was his lover; caressing her and softly kissing her fingers. Yep, he defiantly loves her. She smiled lightly on the inside. He can save her.