Lay?

Protect You (HIATUS)

Chapter 3

“Hey Suho. Are you ok? You didn’t came back to lesson for the whole day. I’m worried.” Victoria’s voice shouted from the other end.
“Don’t worry noona, I’m fine. I just had one of my fainting spells. I’m at Auntie BoA’s house now.” I calmly replied.
“Have you eaten yet? Should I come over and cook for you?” I heard rustling on the other end and knew that she was getting her coat on.
“Don’t worry, Yixing is here with me, he’s cooking.”
“Who’s Yixing?” she asks,
“The new kid.” I replied, there was silence on the other end. I can imagine her giving me her clueless face right now. Her eyes normally go really big and stares at you until you give her the answer.
“There’s this new Chinese student joining our school. Me and Sungyeol met him when we came back from the infirmary. He’s the adoptive son of the head mistress.”
“Oh really? Another Chinese student? That’s so cool! Now I can have someone who I can talk to in mandarin!” she squealed.
“Hey! I can understand you as well!”
“Hardly! Anyways glad you’re ok. Did you take your medicine?” Victoria is another person who knows about my tumour.
“Yes nurse, I did. Don’t worry!” I sighed
“Good. Now have fun and goodnight!”
“Good night!”

~

“Dinner is served!” Yixing smiled as he arranged the plates and sat down opposite me. We were outside on my balcony. There was a set of table and chairs on it. Yixing put a cover over the hazelnut table and added some candles and daisies in the middle. The food he made looked delicious. The seaweed soup I asked him to make was garnished really neatly and he also made some kimchi stew. Plus side dishes.
“Wow! This looks lovely!” I eyed the food. The aroma was heavenly. “I never knew you could cook so well!”
“That’s because you’ve only known me for a day.” He corrected me while putting some seaweed soup on the spoon. “Now open up!” he held the utensil in front of my mouth, waiting for me to open it. I opened my mouth and he placed the spoon in my mouth. I opened it and he fed me the food. It tasted delicious! The flavours burst into my tongue like an explosion. It tasted salty like the sea. The temperature was hot, but not enough to burn. I smiled as the warm soup ran down my mouth.
“Wow! This is really good!”
“I know right! I’m a master chef!” Yixing praised himself again. “Come on, eat up before it gets cold!”
“Yes. Thank you for the food!”
The rest of the night was just us watching a film on my bed. I don’t remember much, but I think I fell asleep in Yixing’s arms half way through the movie.

~  

“Oh no!”
“What?”
“We have dance next!” Victoria cried. We were outside on a picnic table in the herb garden. First lesson was maths where we had to endure our teacher Mr. Choi Kyuhyun and his ranting about how we never pay attention and his very complicated way of teaching about fractions.
Now that we’re outside, I can finally relax and enjoy the comforting summer heat. Victoria was checking her planner and saw we have dance next. Great! I am a pro at dancing! Not really, I have no sense of rhythm and whoever is next to me always get an elbow in the mouth or a foot in their back. Victoria on the other hand can actually dance. She studied Chinese traditional dance when she was younger, making her movements very graceful and not hurting everybody.
“Our teacher is really strange!” she whined. I don’t blame her for saying that. Our teacher is how to put it, odd? His lessons mainly about us watching him do this really weird octopus dance and talking about turtles and how much he loves them. We don’t really learn anything. If it was any other teacher, the whole class would mess about and create ruckus, but with him it’s different. We would watching him do the dance and some even tried to join in but fails because they are not a fluid as him. The only one who got close enough was Sungyeol.  It is truly really funny!  

 
“Don’t worry about it, we’ve got art and design after that!” I tried to cheer her up,
“Yeah, but we have to endure 100 minutes of his dancing...Anyways, tell me more about the new Chinese kid you were with yesterday.” She leaned forward and rested her face between her hands, smiling sweetly at me.
“Well...” I began to speak but was saved when the bell went off. What a relief, because I don’t know what to tell her about Yixing. “Oh well! I guess I’ll tell you another time!”
“You’ve got lucky this time!” she pointed a finger at me. We got up and linked arms as we were on our way to the dance studio.
Talking about Yixing, where is he? I didn’t see him this morning. I had breakfast with auntie BoA and she told me that she adopted him since one of her best friend tragically died and trusted her as the best guardian for Yixing. She told me she didn’t mind because she always wanted children but didn’t have the time to find a partner. I really don’t know where he disappeared to and I don’t really care. Do I? Aside from him being an annoying narcissist, he was real gentleman last night. He didn’t do anything to me. Or did he? No, a guy like him would never do something like that. Then again, I’ve only known for what, a day? So how could I be sure that he was that type of guy?
“We’re here!” Victoria nudged my arm to knock me out of my thoughts.
“Huh? Oh, right. Yes, we are here.” I said quickly.

~

We all put our stuff in lockers and got change out if the uniform into mufti. I was wearing a cute peach long sleeve play suite with funky tattoo tights and white wedge Converse. My chocolate shoulder length hair was tied into a neat ballerina bun with my full fringe down. Victoria wore a grey printed top tucked in denim high waisted shorts, black opaque tights and black wedge Converse as well. Her lengthy jet black hair was sectioned in two and was fish tailed plait. Her long fringe was out to the right side of her face.
The girls made their way to the studio and sat along the mirror, waiting for the teacher to come in. I sat with Victoria on my right and Sungyeol on my left. I noticed he had two cotton balls up his nostrils.
“Is it still bleeding?” I asked him randomly,
“Yeah, it was fine when I went to bed. Then I woke up from the dream about our hot head mistress, blood began to run out of it again.” He replied happily.
“Uh-huh.” I rolled my eyes, “I bet the blood ran somewhere else as well.” I mumbled. He’s just like all the other boys in the school, all having a crush on auntie BoA.
“What did you say?” he looked at me,
“Oh, nothing. Don’t worry!” I patted his back. I turned to Victoria who was giggling at me. I lightly shoved her shoulder, but maybe it was too hard because her upper body landed to the kid next to her. It was Nichkhun. He’s a Thai student and a famous playboy. He had short blond hair which he likes to spike up and straitened his long fringe.
“Watch what you’re doing sweetheart!” he smiled at her softly and helped her sit up.
“I am very sorry!” she blushed.
“It’s ok. I’m not hurt or anything. Are you hurt?” she shook her head.
“That’s good then!” he gave her a charming smile. Then he spun around to talk to his friend. Victoria turned her attention to me.
“I am so sorry noona!” I apologised to her. I know that she has a crush on him and she was actually happy to talk to him.
“I’ll let you off this time!”

~

Mr. Kim Yesung finally appeared. He strolled in wearing a khaki green turtle neck and black jeans with turtle slippers. Yes, slippers. This school is full of nut heads, but they are actually really compassionate and pleasant. He walked to the middle of the room and shouted,
“Good day students! Today is a special day! We have a new member to join our class!” his voice echoed against the walls, there was really no need to shout because we can all hear him just fine.
“Please come in new student!” he held his hand out to the door. And I did not expect him to walk through the door.
He was wearing black baggy balloon trouser, white printed tank top which displayed his muscles and black trainers. His hair was now short layered at the back and he kept his side fringe with the neon green tips.
“This is Lay! He is new here and is from China. So please look after him and be nice!” Lay? Wasn’t his name Yixing? “Please take a seat next to Victoria, she is another Chinese student. Victoria, please look after Lay until he feels happy enough to go around the school by himself!” he gestured his hand towards Victoria. Yixing bowed at her and she stood and bowed back. He looks to her left and saw me. A small mischievous smile glided on his face. Victoria sat down again. He walked over to us and squeezed in between us. Why did he have to sit here? He could’ve sat between her and Nichkhun instead. He flashed me a smile and a wink before his attention was taken by the teacher.    

 

 

Sorry for the long chapter. I tend toget carried away and write lot of detail, so if you think t chapters are too long or short, plase tell me and I will try to make it right ^^

*Gif not mine
credits to owner