A Date

Bestfriend

(Narrator's POV)

 

You woke up today at 8.00. Sungaje will pick you up at 10, and you immediately went to shower. After finish showering, you then quickly opened your wardrobe and squinted your eyes to find the rights outfits. You were anticipating for today's date though. You were happy because the agreement is over after this. But besides of that, this is still a date.

Sungaje didn't tell you where he'll take you so you don't know what to wear. After searching for like 30 minutes and still didn't find any. You sat on the top of the clothes and ruffled your hair in frustration. You finally decided to ask your mom for help. You always like your mom style. It was vintage and chic.

You walked to your parents bedroom and popped your head on the door.

"Mom?", you said.

"Mmmhm", she answered without turning to you.

"You're busy?", you asked.

"Not really, I just have to get this finish by evening, why?", she finally turned to you.

"Can i ask for help?", you asked.

"Sure, come in", she said.

"What happened with the date?", she asked looking at you still in a bathrobe.

"Nothing, he will pick me up at 10", you said.

"10?! It's like 1 hour from now and you haven't get dressed, get your face and hair done, and you haven't eat breakfast", she said.

"I know........the problem is......I can't find the right outfits", you said.

"Aaah, where are you gonna go?", she asked.

"He didn't tell me that", you said.

"Okay then let's go to you room, finding something to wear", she said and followed by you.

"I need to wear something which could be wear in both formal and informal occasions", you said.

 

***

 

"Oh my god", your mom said.

"What happened?", you asked.

"What happened?! I should be the one who asked that! How can i help you if your room looked like a total mess!!", she said.

"Sorry......hehehe", you said.

"Well...then, wait here", she said.

After a couple of minute she come with a box. 

"This should be your present for your birthday but....since you need it right now", she said.

You opened the box and you took the yellow dress from the box.

"Wow......this is so pretty", you said. "Thank you mom!', you said.

"Don't forget to use a safety pants", she said. "Oh and....", she walked around your room.

"Use this shoes, this bags too.....ah! And this watch and bracelets", she said as she picked those things.

"Here", she handed all of it to you.

"Thank you mom!!! Once again!", you said.

"You're welcome honey, now get dressed and don't forget to eat breakfast", she said and left.

 

***

 

You were drinking your milk when you heard your phone beeping. It was a text from Sungjae saying that he was outside. You quickly said goodbye to your mom and went outside.

When you saw him, he greeted you with a sweet smile. He was so hansome and charming today. He wasn't the usual himself. He was wearing a denim shirts and jeans with sneakers. Totally different from the real him, today, he was way more neat.

"Hi", you greeted him.

"H-hi", he said.

"What's wrong? This outfit is too much isn't it? Should i go back to change?", you asked.

"No! It's perfect!! You looked really beutiful", he said.

"Thank you", you smiled.

"Oh! Sorry, i don't bring flowers or anything, I was planning to, but I was late so....sorry", he said.

"It's okay", you said. "Shall we go now?", you asked.

"Oh, yeah let's go", he said.

"By the way, where's your fancy cars and motorcycle?", you .

"They're home, resting. Let's walk for today, or maybe we'll be taking a bus, it's okay right?", he asked.

"Sure!", you said. "But well....that's new", you said and he chuckled.

 

***

Today, Sungjae was really different. Not only his style, but the way he acts and the way he talks is really different. You were really happy today, Sungjae brings a good mood to you and you enjoyed his company. You were on the bus to.......you still don't know.

"So....you still don't want to tell me where we gonna go?", you whined.

"Aaah....okay okay", he said. "Remember the street festival right?".

"Don't tell me we're going there?", your eyes widened.

"Yep", he said.

"Thank you!!!!", you said and you almost hug him in excitement.

The festival were held to celebrate the city's birthday and even though it's a street festival, there are temporary theme park, mini zoo, parade, and many more. The festival has started from 3 days ago but you were sad because you can't go. But today, you were so happy because Sungjae took you there.

 

***

 

"So.....what do you want to do?", he asked.

"Hmm.....I'm not sure there are too many choices...", you said.

"Let's ride the roller coaster?", he asked.

"Sure!!", you said.

"You're not scared?", he asked.

"Of course not!", you said.

After a couple of minutes you two were finished riding the roller coaster.

"Wow...you really didn't scared", he said.

"I told you, now who's screamed on the top of his lungs?", you asked.

"Actually, I'm scared of heights", he said.

"Aish idiot! Why didn't you tell me?! Besides, you're the one who asked me to", you said.

"Hehehehe hehehehe", he said.

"So now.....where should we go? Since we can't ride something to do with heights...", you said.

"Anywhere, my headache is gone though", he said.

"Okay then, let's see the animals!", you said.

"Animals?", he asked.

"Yeah, there's mini zoo too", you said. "You're not scared of animals right?".

"Of course not! Let's go?", he asked.

"Let's go!", you said and grabbed his arms. 

Sungjae were surprised at first but then he was smiling happily.

 

***

 

After looking around at the mini zoo, you two were deciding to eat lunch since it was 2pm already. You and Sungjae went to the food festival corner and picked something to eat.

"Where shall we eat?", you asked.

"Do you want to watch movie?", he asked.

"Sure, but what about our lunch?", you asked.

"We can eat while watch the movie. There are the big screen there and we watch the movie on the open air. We sat on the mat that has been provided", he said.

"Cool! Let's go! But what movie we will watch?", you asked.

"I think they will run this romantic drama called 'Hello Goodbye'", he said.

"Romantic drama?", you asked.

"Yeah why? You don't like that genre?", he asked.

"No, I like it! But, you......?", you raised your eyebrows.

"Ah, my parents watched that and they said it was pretty good", he said.

"Well.....what's the story about?", you asked.

"It was an indonesian movie that was filmed in Busan. That film were played at the Busan Film Festival yesterday too, you know Eru? The ballad singer? He was casted as a street musician there", he said.

"Wait you know eru? You like ballad songs?", you asked.

"Well....um.....yeah.... SO the story is about this girl who worked at Indonesian embassy has to take care of the boy, who's working as a marine. The boy was sick when the ship was board in the Korea. They are a very different person, they fights so much but then they talked about life. They taught each other something important. The girl, taught the boy how important a goal in life and the boy taught the girl about the journey. Well...that's what my parents told me", he said.

"Woah....seems like a good film....let's go!", you said.

 

***

 

"The movie was so great!!!", you said after you two finished watch movie.

"And you were crying", he laughed.

"It's normal thought, I'm a girl. And you, you're a boy but I know you almost cried too", you said.

"Are you kidding me?!", he asked.

"Ugh seriously", you said. "I saw it, you know", you chukled.

"Ah let's forget it! The movie is good now let's go", he said.

"Where?", you asked.

Sungjae didn't tell you, but you just followed him. Until, you realized he dragged you to the flower festival corner.

"Let's buy a bouquet of flowers since i didn't bring you any", he smiled.

"But you don't have too", you said.

"But I want to", he said. "Now, what flower do you want?", he asked.

"Well......I can't choose......there are too many beautiful flowers here", you said looking at the flowers.

"You know the language of flowers?", he asked.

"Hm? I know flowers have meanings but I only know the meanings of white carnatios", you said.

"Well then.....I would like to give you a bouquet of this  four flowers, gardenia, anemone, pink carnation, and blue salvia", he said. "Your task is to find what are they saying to you", he gave you the bouquet.

"Thank you so much, this is so beutiful", you said.

"You're welcome", he said.

"You know that there will be a fireworks at 7? Since today is the last day of the festival?", he asked.

"Fireworks?!", you said in excitement.

"Do you like fireworks?", he asked.

"Of course!", you said.

"I know the best place to see the fireworks other than here", he said.

"Where?", you asked.

"You'll see, but better we go now if you don't want to be late", he said.

"Okay", you said happily.

 

***

 

You arrived at the hill. You and Sungjae went to Sungjae's house first since there are no public transportation could reach that hill and there's no way you two walk there. Tia isn't home so you feel comfortable. Sungjae drove the car to the hill and park it. You two sat on the hood of the car waiting for the fireworks.

"Well, this date almost over", he said.

"Yeah", you said.

"All i want so say is thank you", he said. "For giving me this chance to be with you, and for trusting me", he said. "Thanks for making me happy with your company".

"You're welcome. Thank you too for proving me that you can be trusted. You know? Sometimes I'm confused, which one is the real you. The jerk one, or this nice guy besides me right now. I don't know and I don't care if it's just an act but, i really like this side of you. I enjoyed today and thank you for such a wonderful day", you said.

"You know what? Now i know some things about you that I'm sure the others don't know except your family", you said.

"What?", he asked.

"A bad boy like you scared of heights, likes drama romantic films and ballad songs, and knows about the language of flowers", you chuckled.

"Ehm....that, please don't tell that to anyone, including Minwoo!', he said.

"Why? You scared it will ruin your image?", you .

"J-Just keep it as a secret!", he said.

"Okaaay okay fine", you laughed.

"But.......I really have to stay away from you on Monday......and forever?", he asked.

"You've promised", you eyed him.

"But what if we accidentaly meet at the hallway?", he aksed innocently and you laughed.

"You can always have some smiles or hellos, and conversations", you said. "But no cheesy gestures and greetings, no harsh words and actions towards Minwoo by you and Tia".

"Really? I promised I wouldn't do things you don't want me to do! But if i greet you, you will greet me back right?", he asked.

"Sure! As long as you greet me in a normal ways", you said.

"Thank you!!", he said a.nd smiled

"You're welcome", you said and smiled back. 

Then the fireworks started. The weather were pretty cold and Sungjae noticed you didn't bring jacket so he took off his shirts and put it on your shoulder while he just wore a thick t-shirt. You smiled to yourself and say thank you. You two continue to watch the fireworks in silent. After the fireworks finished, Sungjae drove you home. 

 

***

 

 

Hi! I'm sorry, I'm still on my mid test and it will end on Monday. Well after that i could be free IF i could pass all the minimum scores......but i don't think i could do it since math and physics were so mean and i felt like crap. So....I promise as soon as i free i'll update constantly because i had the storyline complete in my head. But i can't promise when.......probably around 20th of this month. So sorry but nothing i could do though :/