A Deal

Bestfriend

 

"You're going to meet Mrs. Kwon again today?", Minwoo asked.

"Yeah, you have to go to the science club right?", you asked back.

"Mmhm, that's right. If you've finished, just go home. Don't wait for me, it will take a long time", Minwoo said.

"You sure?", you asked.

"Sure, why?", he raised his eyebrows.

"You'll be okay?", you said.

"Of course!", Minwoo chuckled. "I'm not a little boy", he said.

"Minwoo.....", you sighed. "You know what I mean", you eued him.

"Alright I know, I'll be fine. You gotta be careful too", he ruffled your hair.

"Okay, I know, aish...", you said.

 

 

***

 

You walked home without feeling anything strange. You just feel..normal. Except for the loneliness that Minwoo caused. You went straight home and as soon as you got home, you change your clothes and do your homework.

 

1 hour passed since you did your homework. You felt a little tired and decided to sleep a little when your phone rang. It was from Minwoo's house. You raised your brows. Minwoo always calls from his phone except he's run out of credit and other unusual problems.  You picked it up carefully.

"Hello? Nami?? Can you come here?!", you heard Minwoo's mother voice.

"Oh? Mom? What happened? You sounded really worried?", you asked.

"Minwoo.....he's got bruise all of his face and..and..", Minwoo's mother said.

"What?! Okay, I'll be right there", you said and hang up.

You quickly took your jacket and ran to Minwoo's house. As soon as you got there, Minwoo's mom lead you to Minwoo's bedroom and let you talk with him personally. But when you came in, Minwoo was peacully sleeping. You flinched when you saw his wounded lips, cheeks, and nose. You can tell you'll see bruised all over his body if you pull up his shirt.

"Minwoo....", you whispered.

Even though you didn't mean to wake him up, but your soft and low voice made him move and opened his eyes.

"Nami- ughh", he said as his shoulder touched the pillow.

"Minwoo!", you gasped. You wanted to help but you scared you might hurt him.

"What are you doing here?", he finally asked after he succefully sat.

"What happened.....?", you asked as you examined his face.

"No-nothing", he said.

"Don't joke around. Tell me", you said.

"I told you it's nothing!", he said as he turned his back on you. He wriggle in pain as he bumped his body on the bed.

You stood up and crossed your arms. "So you got bruised all of the sudden?!", you annoyed.

He didn't answer.

"No Minwoo", you raised your voice.

Minwoo kept silent. He was debating with his mind whether he should tell you or not. You couldn't stand and wait any longer. You walked to the other side of the bed and sat facing him. He was surprised.

"Now? Still don't want to tell me?", you glared at him.

"Uhm....", Minwoo said.

"Tell me, please?", your expression softened.

"But promise me you won't do something about this nor tell people about this", he said.

"I can't promise that, Minwoo", you sighed.

"Please?", he pleaded.

"Alright. I promised. Now what?", you asked.

"This.......when I got out from the science club, I walked normally to the gate. But when I was at the hall, Sungjae hyung...", he said.

"I knew this. It must be him", you tightened your fist.

"You've promised, and I haven't finish", he said.

"Fine, go on", you said.

"At first he called me, and stupidly I approached him. He walked me to the rooftop. As soon as we reached there, he started ask me about us. About my relationship with you and how close we are", he said.

"Then I told him even we're really close, we are just bestfriends and nothing more. But he seemed not to believe it and warned me not to go near you. He started punched my face and stomach and.......you know. I want to defend myself but I can't and I was scared. So...after that he left and...", he said.

"Enough", you said. "Minwoo I'm really sorry", you said.

"It's okay, Nami", he reassured you.

You wanted to hug him but afraid that you'll hurt him so you just cry.

"Nami-don't cry! I told you It's okay!", Minwoo said and patted your head.

"What do you mean by okay?! You got bruised all of your body and-", Minwoo cut you off by hugging you.

"It's fine, Nami. I told you, It's fine", Minwoo said. He flinched because of the pain but he hold it.

"It's all my fault....", you said.

"No it's not", Minwoo said.

"It's all because of me", you said.

"Nami...", he released and looked into your eyes.

"Minwoo...", you sighed and removed his hands off your shoulder.

"What?", he asked.

"I'm sorry for all this mess. And I'm sorry I can't keep my promise", you said as you stood up ready to left his room.

"Nami where are you going-ouch!", Minwoo shouted and wanted to held you but his body was still hurt.

 

***

 

You walked angrily to Sungjae's house. You can't hold it. You can't accept it. You blame yourself. You felt angry, sad, and guilty. You nearly arrive at his house when you saw his car had just arrived. He got out from his car and opened the passenger door and he carried Tia bridal-style out from the car. Tia was sleeping. Sungjae carried her to the house.

You scoffed. He has a nice side too?

You crossed the street and rang the bell. The maid opened it and greeted you.

"Can you please call Sungjae?", you asked.

"Who are you?", she asked.

"I'm his friend", you smiled.

"Oh, please come in", she let you in.

"No, thank you, I'll just wait here. I just want to talk to him", you said.

"Oh....okay than I'll call him now. Please wait", she said and left.

You tap your feet and when Sungjae finally appeared, you squinted your eyes at him. He looked surprised when you saw It was you but he managed his expression.

"Hi, darling....what's bring you here?", he leaned on the door frame.

"Listen, Yook Sungjae. Who are you? To tell my bestfriend not to go near me? Who are you to take a role in my presonal life?", you said.

He straightened his body and his expression became serious.

"You're mine, Nami", he said.

"And who said that? You? I owned myself, Sungjae. You can't just easily say that I'm yours or whatever. Don't tell bulls cause I'm not yours and will never be", you said.

"You can say that, for now", he smirked. "But you can see what will happen to your so-called precious bestfriend", he said.

"What do you want actually?", you shook your head.

"You", he said and you scoffed.

"How many times do I have to tell you?", you asked.

"Let's make a deal. Go on a date with me. Don't go near Minwoo for a week and be with me. After that. you and your precious Minwoo will be free. I promised", he said.

"What's the proof that you'll keep your promise?", you crossed your arms.

"You can count on me", he said.

"Yeah, right", you said.

"If I did not keep my promise, you can tell the headmaster what am I doing with Minwoo and I surely be dropped out from the school", he said.

You eyed him. He deserved that. You can actually tell the headmaster but....you want to know something. You got curious what will he do next. 

"Okay", you said and Sungaje smirked. 

"Deal?", he asked and streched out his hand.

You took a deep breath. "Deal", you shook hands with him.

You know that's not a good idea but....for Minwoo. That's worth a try.

 

 

***