Chapter 17

Bestfriend

 

(Narrator's POV)

 

You were drowned in your thoughts when suddenly someone flicked your forehead.

“Ouch...”, you rub your forehead and turned your face. It was Minwoo.

“So.....?”, he asked.

You about to open your mouth when Tia suddenly popped out of nowhere, holding Minwoo’s arm.

“Oppa what are you two talking about?”, Tia asked Minwoo.

“Nami wanted to talk to me about something important”, Minwoo said.

“You can talk later right? It’s lunch time...let’s go eat lunch instead!”, Tia pulled Minwoo.

“It’s alright, we can talk later”, you said. You just don’t want to make any argument right now.

“See you after school then?”, Minwoo asked.

“I can’t. I have to meet Mrs. Kwon”, you said.

“I thought the song was finished?”, Minwoo asked.

“It was, but-“, you haven’t finished your sentence but Tia cut it off.

“She said she can’t. Just come with me and accompany me shopping, okay?”, Tia said.

“Call you later”, Minwoo said.

“Hmm, just go”, you smiled.

You watched Minwoo getting dragged by Tia and you just sighed. You can’t eat. You just burried your head to your hand.

 

**

 

“Anyone see Nami somewhere?”, Sungjae asked Hyukjin and your girls.

“Aah hyung! Come here and eat with us”, Hyukjin said.

“I would like to, but I have to find Nami right now”, Sungjae said.

“We haven’t seen her this lunch time”, Eunmi said.

“Aah okay then, thank you”, Sungjae said.

“Wait do you change your mind and want to sit here with us?”, Hyukjin asked, but Sungjae has ran somewhere.

“Aish let him find Nami”, Ahyoung said.

“It’s an oppurtunity that we can eat at one table with a popular guy!”, Hyukjin said.

“You like him aren’t you?”, Eunmi asked.

“Aish I don’t like boys! Truthfully......I maybe start liking you”, Hyukjin said to Ahyoung.

“What? Me? I’d rather be a lesbian”, Ahyoung rolled her eyes.

 

**

 

(Sungjae's POV)

 

Aish where is she.....oh! It’s Minwoo and Tia, maybe they know where Nami is.

“Oh hyung!”, Minwoo called me, and I grinned.

“Hi Minwoo, Tia”, I ruffled Tia’s hair, which is one of the 10 things she hated.

“Not my hair, please”, Tia squinted her eyes at me.

Nami likes it when someone ruffled her hair....oh! I was planning to ask them where Nami is.

“Anyone see Nami?”, I asked.

“Last time, she’s still in class”, Minwoo said.

“Aaah okay!”, I quickly walk into her class when i forgot something.

“Minwoo, would she prefer Banana milk or Orange juice?”, i asked him

“Orange juice, she hates milk”, Minwoo said.

“Aaah I get it, thank you again!!”, I said.

I walked to Nami’s class. It’s strange thing though, she rarely missed lunch time. I mean, she likes to eat- okay who doesn’t, but what I mean is......she really likes to eat. Get it? No? Just pretend that you get it, okay?

There, I found her sleeping in her table. Is there something wrong? Well at least I should check up on her. I took a seat in front of her and just watched her head. What the hell am I doing.....

“Oh...you wake up?”, I was surprised when I saw her head moving.

“Oppa?”, she squinted her eyes at me.

“It’s me, you’re not dreaming”, I said.

“I know....I would never dream about you”, she shrugged, aish this girl....

“I brought you orange juice”, I shoved her the juice.

“Thanks”, she grinned. “Why are you here?”

“I’m searching for you, since you didn’t show that face of yours at the cafeteria”, I said.

“Oh...hehe”, she said. Just that?!

“Wae...?”, I said.

“What?”, she asked back.

“Something happened right?”, I jumped to the conclusion.

“Mhm”, she nodded.

“Not going to talk about it?”, I asked. She just smiled. “It’s too personal?”, she nodded. “At least answer me with words”.

“Okay, yes. It’s something personal oppa”, she eyed me.

“I get it! No need to put on that look”, I said. “Where are you going after school ends?”.

“Going to meet Mrs. Kwon”, she shrugged.

“For...?”, I asked.

“I’m not ready to perform my songs at the festival”, she said. Wait, what?

“Why?”, I asked.

‘It’s....It’s not a good timing”, she said.

Why did I felt like this song will represent her feelings.......towards..Minwoo?

 

**

 

“Oppa!!!”, Tia hugged Minwoo from behind.

Minwoo’s body pushed forward and his cell phone, which was he’s holding fell to the road. Minwoo hasn’t realize a thing when suddenly a car passed and crushed his phone. Minwoo was shocked.

“Oh! Oppa! I’m really sorry!”, Tia covered .

“My phone.....”, Minwoo slowly approached his broken phone.

“I will buy you a new one”, Tia said.

“No need, I think I still have the money which I saved for quiet some times...”, Minwoo said.

“No...this is my fault, I’ll buy you a new one, okay?”, Tia said.

“I said It’s okay...Tia just listen, we’re not couple, so stop hugging or holding my hands...It’s uncomfotable. People around us saw it and...It just...you understand?”, Minwoo said.

Tia pouted. “But I like you oppa! You like me too, right? Then let’s just be a couple”, she said.

“Uhm...”, Minwoo was confused.

“What are you thinking? Just say yes!”, Tia said.

Minwoo thought that his plan is really worked....but what about you? Should I say yes? But Nami.....ah I’m sure Nami will understand. So I think i have to say yes so I can do my plans.

“Okay...”, Minwoo said.

“Really?? I know you would say yess!! Oppa then come with me?”, Tia hugged Minwoo’s arm, Minwoo just nodded and smiled awkwardly.

 

**

 

You went home, exhausted. You remembered to tell Minwoo about what happened. You picked up your phone and tried to call Minwoo.

“The number you are calling...”, you heard the operator said.

You tried again. You called him for 3 times, but still the same. Where are you...?

“Ugh!”, you threw your phone and you burried your head to the pillow. Without you knowing, you just fell asleep.

 

**

 

You felt someone shook your body, you woke up, and found Darae smiled at you.

“Minwoo is coming”, she said.

“Minwoo..?”, you asked.

“Yes, he’s waiting downstairs”, she said.

“Aaah okay, thank you”, you smiled and Darae left your room.

You walked downstairs and found Minwoo in the living room. He’s looking at his cell phone. Wait...he has a new phone?

“Hi”, Minwoo greeted you.

“Hi”, you smiled. “Where have you been?”.

“I’m going with Tia-“, he said but you cut him off.

“I know, but what I mean is....I tried to call you so many times but you didn’t answer”, you said.

“My phone is broken,  it was fallen to the road and a car crushed it”, he said.

“Well...seems like you have a new one right now”, you peeked to his phone. “I didn’t know that you have so much money to buy that kind of phone”.

He grinned. “Actually...Tia bought this phone for me”, Minwoo said and you quiet surprised. “She’s the one who caused my phone fell...she hugged me from behing when I was holding my phone”.

“Seems like you’re getting closer to her..”, you turned your face from him.

“We just...uhm how to say this”, Minwoo hesitated. “She’s officially my girlfriend now”.

“What...?!”, you shocked.

“She confessed to me”, Minwoo said. “This is good for my plans”.

“Congrats..”, you said.

“Oh by the way, you said that you want to tell me something important?”, Minwoo asked.

“Ah that...forget it”, you said. “It’s not so important right now”.

“Why? I’m so sorry Nami...but I-“, he said.

“I said it’s okay”, you smiled.

“Are you sure?”, Minwoo asked. You can tell that he’s worried..but It wouldn’t change a thing right now.

“Yes”, you smiled. “Look, Minwoo, I’m not trying to kick you out from this house but, I think you should go home”.

“Why?”, Minwoo asked.

“My body is not in a good condition right now...I’ll sleep again soon. Except if you want to play with Darae or Hyora then you can stay”, you said.

“You’re sick?”, he leaned to touch your forehead but you avoid it. “Have you taken any medicine?”.

“Yes, and I’m sure i’ll be fine”, you smiled.

“Okay then..”, he said and he stood up.

“I’ll walk you outside”, you said and stood up from your chair too.

“Where is mom and dad?”, Minwoo asked and you felt a pang on your chest.

“Mom...she had an appointment to teach somewhere this night. And dad...he’s still in the office”, you said.

“Aah I see, I miss them”, Minwoo said.

Me too. “Goodbye”, you smiled.

“Bye, see you tommorow at school”, Minwoo smiled and waved.

You closed the door, and you laid your back on it. You felt devastated and completely lonely. Tears started to fall from your eyes. “Why it has to be hurt this much....?”.

 

 

***

 

 

Double updates for today!!