Chapter 6

Rin Silverhands

AN: WARNING: this chapter has a few hints to *ahem* certain "themes", but nothing explicit. Other than that, enjoy and please promote/comment! I love to get feedback! :)

 

 

JR’s POV

The week went fairly normally. We trained for the inter-school tournament, did our classwork and hung out. I know Rin didn’t stop being an assassin but rather went out at night. I hated that she did it but it was for the safety of Ren so I accepted it. You see, Ren helped me out of some serious trouble at our last school so I hung out with him kind of for protection but also for friendship.

Finally Friday came. I woke and changed into my school uniform. Baekho was still asleep so I quietly folded my various necessary outfits for the tournament and packed them. I folded them because Rin had spent a long time sorting them out and wouldn’t be pleased if they were just thrown about.

I walked out to the bathroom to find Rin hurriedly pulling on a hoodie.

“Morning.” I grinned and she waved briefly before righting the hoodie. “Why are you wearing that?” I asked.

She smirked. “You’ll see later.”

“Can’t you tell me now?” I pouted.

She turned to me, putting her hand on my collarbone and walking them down my t-shirt covered chest. “But where’s the fun in that?” She asked her lips curving into her very tiny smirk as usual.

I looked down at her eyes and saw they were staring at my body.

Oh s***. Oh s***. Oh s***. God kill me now!

I realized where and what she was looking at and blushed.

She moved back and turned to go. “I’ll make breakfast so you get ready and wake the others.” She wandered out and paused, looking at me over her shoulder. “And don’t worry; it certainly isn’t that bad from what I’ve seen.” She sent me a wink and went on her mischievous way.

I sighed and shut the door before leaning against it. That wink…shivers were running all over me. One place in particular, but she knew that would happen. I got ready and sorted out everything I needed to.

Rin’s POV

What the hell had gotten into me this morning? I was bloody flirting with JR! It was fun and I could tell he liked it for sure. Either that or his pants had an oddly sewn bit. I didn’t mind, I took it as a bit of a compliment.

I fried up some bacon and eggs which I knew the boys would devour. Soon four sleepy boys and JR came out and were shocked to see me cooking. “Don’t even bother starting to talk, eat and enjoy, then get ready! Oh, and nice to know you sorted out that problem without my help, JR.” JR’s ears and cheeks went bright crimson at that.

We arrived at school at the usual time, surprisingly, considering I had made the boys re-pack several times. Well, other than JR, he seemed to expect my fussiness and prepared. We had an assembly where we’d welcome the kids from Westland High-school. The six of us were in our performance outfits, ready to perform, but I still had my hoodie on. They’d come in and introduce themselves before performing. Then we’d introduce ourselves and do our performance.

We’d learnt that JR had been writing songs and creating dances and music for them on his own. We only really needed to edit the dance for all six of it, divide up the song so we sang equally; well some of it would be rapped, in English by Aron who was fluent and in Korean by JR. I think I kind of shocked them all by revealing a bit of a singing prowess.

I knew I’d shock them all by revealing my hair! I’d cut it and dyed the bottom half black. Pretty extreme from someone that used to be reluctant to even get her hair cut!

We sat on the side of the stage. Soon six unfamiliar students walked in with a teacher. The competition at last. They introduced themselves and did a dance to a well-known mainstream song. It was good but not great. They went and sat down in the front row of the auditorium and the curtain fell down, hiding us. We discarded jackets off to the side where they wouldn’t get in the way and wouldn’t be seen. When the guys saw my hair they were shocked, but they loved it. We were busy preparing for the performance, so they didn't really have time to talk about it with me, not that I minded.

“THREE…TWO…ONE…ACTION!!” We chanted which was the signal for the music to start and the curtain to rise.

I was excited, Minhyun would sing the first part of the verses with me singing the second, Ren and Baekho shared the intro to the chorus, we’d sing the chorus and Aron and JR would do the rapping parts.

I was wearing a close-fitting dress that went to just below my knees. It was silver and had a high collar-like piece. One sleeve stopped at the shoulder while the other covered my full arm. The dress had slits on either side that went from mid-thigh down that showed my toned legs.

Ren had a shirt like my dress and white skinnyjeans. Minhyun wore white skinnyjeans and a white t-shirt with a black skull design, over that he had a sleeveless trench-coat-length white jacket. Baekho had shiny silver pants and a white gauze shirt. Aron wore white skinnyjeans too with a white proper trench-coat which had silver designs over it. JR looked amazing in white skinnyjeans and a shirt with plates like armour that were a lot lighter and like mirrors.

The music started and we performed. It was like our best rehearsal but ten times better. It was fun up there on stage. Everyone was shocked, no one had seen our performance before so of course they were. I was actually glad of the colour scheme we had, it matched my claws.

We finished to a thundering applause and bowed.

“Hello team Dragon. We’re the representatives for Pledis high school. Meet Baekho, Ren, Aron, Minhyun, Rin and I am JR.” JR introduced us. “Together we make up:

“Now we spit fire on the mic
‘Bout to show you something that you like
Look at NU’EST, quite the sight
Like Muhammed Ali in a fight
New Establish Style Tempo
NU’EST yakjaro
Now it’s the beginning of our show
So nod your head to the flow!” We chanted together. I’d actually written that, I was quite proud. I never knew I had the mind of a writer.

The judges, a range of people from the community, came up and spoke, welcoming us to the competition and announced the next round, fencing.